Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia (36230 Views)

2face Is A Two-faced Person - Charles Novia (pic) / Charles Novia Writes On Tiwa Savage And Teebillz Saga / Ibinabo Fiberisima At AMVCA2016 After Party (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Jennifer1991(f): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
the fact still remains that, the case is between ibinabo and the government, even if 1000+ eyewitnesses come out it won't make any difference

1 Like

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Akainzo(m): 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
Uchddaniel:
Its quite unfortunate. I have actually been one of the hater's of the Ibinabo's story. But i am now having a full re-think. Healing, healing and healing is what we ask. Sentencing Ibinabo, will be fine to show how SUPREME OUR LAW is, but for God's sake, the Doctors family should please forgive her and withdraw this case.

The case is between Lagos State Government and Ibinabo. The Giwas have nothing to do with the case, it is a criminal case instituted by LASG and the Giwas are just interested parties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Brigadier7(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
I pray ibinabo is pardoned
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by mapet: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
datola:
This Messur De Gaulle account is hard to believe. You mean they did not deem it fit to use his eye witness account to help her even after meeting Ibinabor four years ago in Portharcourt?

If this account is true, then Ibinabor and her team have been careless in handling the case.

Only God is all-knowing!

This eye witness account is watery and will not stand. First off " but we heard a loud crash and then I think the doctors car somersaulted while the other car driven by Ibinabo was flung a few metres to the other side.".......this statement strikes him out of being a primary witness. Heard a loud crash is different from being at the spot to give an eye witness account. Secondly is his statement consistent with what the Police and VIO's report says? He can't even be a witness anymore beyond the "sentimental witness" Novia is trying to make him. The case is now in Supreme Court and you can amend your defense or call new witnesses aside from those you had called in the lower courts.

I also wonder why Novia and his team are trying so hard to "force reconciliation". The family is hurting and this frontal approach to "expand" the truth will be counter productive. Has Novia sought to explain, if Ibinabo debunks the Dr's sister's allegation that she asked Ibinabo to issue a public apology which she refused to do. Why all the public sentiments after over 10years

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
It's a super story!
Remember, we are pencils in the hand of the creator.
These guys are good story writers and actors.
Unfortunately, we are not gullible readers and audience .
It's a nice fiction , a pretty figment of the writer's imagination.
In other news, Ibinabo, go and serve your 5 years jail term, and leave story.
After that, Charles Novia may now initiate the peace move between the two families.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by lailo: 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Clarion Chukura Abiola would be very happy.AGN presidency sure!!!!!!
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Pdizzle(m): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
The story is bull. You mean your legal team let you risk imprisonment, when you have someone who can testify, an eye witness for that matter?
Putting my self in the shoes of both family, i don't blame the doctor's at all.
She's trying so hard not be an exconvict, and doesn't want to loose her post as president of AGN.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Leebeedo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
The issue is not whether she's remorseful or not. It has to do with reckless driving and the specific driver at fault. Now from the eye witness' account, she left her lane and even crossed the road partition slab to hit a vehicle moving in the opposite direction. I think she was reckless and obviously guilty.

Regarding the court case, it's between ibinabo and lagos state government and not between ibinabo and giwa. So, stop painting the giwas as if they are wicked and out for revenge

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by ephi123(f): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sentiment is going to finish Nigeria at this rate. What is the use of the law?!

3 Likes

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by mapet: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
5starmilitant:

Even if she goes to jail, it won't bring the late doctor back to life. It's been a long time, and they should just take things easy.

Do you know how it feels, when one is saying the truth and no one is listening?
One must listen to all parts before concluding, cos it can happen to anyone.
Accident does not give notice before coming.
Mind the things you say.

what truth here?
That the car Ibinabo was driving didn't cross over to the other section to hit the Doctor's car? or that the dead Doctor was still at the scene when an alive Ibinabo was nowhere to be found? You mean in accident situation, the person less impacted will be the first to leave the scene? If Ibinabo was in coma as claimed, it was so convenient to huddle a comatose person into a taxi and ferry to the hospital, yet a confirmed dead person was still at the site?

what about what traffic law says? Even if it was a burst tyre that made her car flip to the other side, should she have left like she did?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by surestakes: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
bigtt76:
No details of what direction her car was headed before the accident or the policy's view as to who caused the accident undecided

I cannot tell who was speeding or what but we heard a loud crash and then I think the doctors car somersaulted while the other car driven by Ibinabo was flung a few metres to the other side.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
Instead of yeyebrities to start a don't drink and drive campaign, they are still making noise

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by shellman: 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
5starmilitant:

From my own perspective,this kind of blunt&undiplomatic statement would not help the lady No cultured Yoruba would take such a laconic statement lightly even if the victim is not an asset in hos own right-a medical doctor The statement lacks pity&compassion A proverb"Amao hope lo"Sympathy is more rewarding than money if you want control the soul of an average Yoruba man&woman

Even if she goes to jail, it won't bring the late doctor back to life. It's been a long time, and they should just take things easy.

Do you know how it feels, when one is saying the truth and no one is listening?
One must listen to all parts before concluding, cos it can happen to anyone.
Accident does not give notice before coming.
Mind the things you say.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
joseph1832:
Coming... Coming... Now I'm back. To think I actually booked space to read this nonsense by Charles Novia.

Mr. Novia, I must tell you that it doesn't matter whether Ibinabo is a beautiful soul or a she devil. What matters is that she broke the law. Plain and simple, and she must face the music.

All this unnecessary sentiment will not help. She was sentenced to 5 years in prison, not life in prison. I wonder what this sentiment, sorry statement will accomplish.

Isn't it funny this story came out after the judgement was unfavourable for her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by mapet: 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
i don't believe this fable.
Lawyers in the house, does the supreme court take in new evidence or they based their judgement on the premises and argument of the lower court.

You don't even have to be a lawyer to know that it is an emphatic NO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by 5starmilitant: 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
mapet:

what truth here?
That the car Ibinabo was driving didn't cross over to the other section to hit the Doctor's car? or that the dead Doctor was still at the scene when an alive Ibinabo was nowhere to be found? You mean in accident situation, the person less impacted will be the first to leave the scene? If Ibinabo was in coma as claimed, it was so convenient to huddle a comatose person into a taxi and ferry to the hospital, yet a confirmed dead person was still at the site?

what about what traffic law says? Even if it was a burst tyre that made her car flip to the other side, should she have left like she did?

Hmmmm...... maybe she ran away, or maybe she did not. But the eyewitness said she was unconscious, I think the best way to know if she ran away or was really rushed to the hospital is to go to the said hospital and check their records.

From there we can begin to sense the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by joseph1832(m): 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Isn't it funny this story came out after the judgement was unfavourable for her
Yes, indeed it is. But who knows, they might be willing to present the case of "the good samaritan" in her appeal case when it comes up at the Supreme Court.

The wiles and gimmicks of our celebrities are ever becoming too predictable for any discerning mind.

Even the Charles Novia who is preaching reconciliation and healing, I wonder what he will do, if it had been his own son who was run-down and killed in an accident.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by 5starmilitant: 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=shellman post=43882437][/quote]

It's like you made a mistake trying to quote me o.

Why modify my quote to make it look as if I type everything there

I Neva mention any tribe o. angry
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by pho27(f): 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
Unforgiving heart takes one to hell, the doctor's family should just forgive ibinabor and move on whether she's at fault or not.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Arsheda(m): 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dindt you read the article ni? "That evening, what happened was that the Doctor’s car was coming from the Victoria Island axis of the first Lekki Roundabout which leads into the Lekki Phase One Estate, while another SUV which was being driven by Ibinabo was coming out from the estate, if I remember correctly. I cannot tell who was speeding or what but we heard a loud crash and then I think the doctors car somersaulted while the other car driven by Ibinabo was flung a few metres to the other side. "
bigtt76:
No details of what direction her car was headed before the accident or the policy's view as to who caused the accident undecided
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Forwetinnah: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
..to me this is double jeopardy, you can't try someone for the same crime TWICE but as usual in Nigeria anything goes especially if you step on some corrupt toes. Heard the Doctor was Tinubu's mother Doctor, apparent her affiliation to GEJ during his campaign sparked some nasty feelings and the case was reopened. Normal APC witch hunting rubbish!! The only crime I think Ibinabo committed is staying alive. Area boys dragging someone out from a crushed car wasn't a smart thing to do at all. Ibinabo's Dad is a renowned and well recognised doctor too, Dr Tunde Fiberesima. So make we hear word. An accident happened, one person survived the other died..why should the person alive be punished?
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by bee444: 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
This eyewitness account has many loop holes. He does'nt know what he's talking about. Mr Guelle has many questions to answer

Facts of matter..

* Many witnesses but only Mr Guelle saw Ibinabo.
* He stopped a cab for them while others were still trying to help the deceased and no one saw him doing this.
* He never asked which hospital the cab man was taking them to.
* He heard the crowd saying they were going to hurt Ibinabo, yet the crowd never moved to where Ibinabo car was to carry out their threat.
*Mr Guelle should have known that Ibinabo was at fault since the other eyewitnesses were very upset with Ibinabo.
* Mr Guelle should be charged with accessory to murder having known that Ibinabo just killed someone but still allowed her to escape.
* Mr Guelle or whatever his name is should be charged with aiding and abetting and conspiracy for failing to disclose an accident leading to death.
* His account of the accident should be disregarded since it took him 10 years to come forward...witness tampering should be considered.
* He only came forward to protect a celebrity having no regard to the life lost.
* Mr Gualle is a liar. He did not see the accident but the aftermath. He should therefore never be allowed to testify.
* Other eyewitnesses account were totally different from Mr Gualle's account. No one colloborated the account of Mr Gualle.

Final thought..

Mr Gualle' account of the night of event should be discredited. No one colloborated his account. Ofcourse so many witnesses saw accident but only Mr Gualle account differ.

4 Likes

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Pdizzle(m): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
PweshyNonny:
In deed Nig can neva b a beta place. An accident happened and one person is to blame cos she survived. What of odas dat murder innocent pple? Wat punishment do dey serve? Wat if it was d doc dat was reckless? Yet evewi1 claims she was drunk n returning 4rm a club. God help us
Naija can be better, if your likes sit-down and think before drawing your inferences. So doctor would have been reckless and his car became a magnet, making ibinabo's SUV skid and jump over the lane demarcation into his own lane.

2 Likes

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by lacidi: 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Forwetinnah:
..to me this is double jeopardy, you can't try someone for the same crime TWICE but as usual in Nigeria anything goes especially if you step on some corrupt toes. Heard the Doctor was Tinubu's mother Doctor, apparent her affiliation to GEJ during his campaign sparked some nasty feelings and the case was reopened. Normal APC witch hunting rubbish!! The only crime I think Ibinabo committed is staying alive. Area boys dragging someone out from a crushed car wasn't a smart thing to do at all. Ibinabo's Dad is a renowned and well recognised doctor too, Dr Tunde Fiberesima. So make we hear word. An accident happened, one person survived the other died..why should the person alive be punished?
This is not double jeopardy. She is not being tried twice. She was tried by the magistrate court and found guilty. The only thing being contested is the quantum of the sentence given by the magistrate court. No new witnesses were called from the High Court to the Appeal court and none will be called at the Supreme court. The only issue in contention is whether the magistrate had the right to give an option of fine in a manslaughter case.

On the issue of it being an accident, the collapsed building in Lekki was an accident too. So no one should be arrested for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by de1de1SnrAd: 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
The facts here now are:
1) Mr. De Gaul "surname withheld", did you remove the number plate?
2) if you did not, who removed the number plate?
3) Also from your "script" Mr. Novia, you are trying to let us see the possibility of the late Doctor been the one that was drunk (haba Novia, nah so u no fear God reach?).Anyway, fact
4) From your script again, you are trying to let us believe that Ibinabo was going to be attacked! Otherwise, pls let your Mr. Eyewitness tell how he was the only that heard the threat on Ibinabo. (For Lagos! who go dey tell u that one? before you can say Jack Robinson you don dey receive slaps and beating; they would have dragged you out of the "Daniel Wilson no plate"car and deal with you well - well...

Please, I have better things doing than making a list of the obvious.

But before I go, Mr. Novia, have ever lost any loved one? May you never do especially to motor accident - whether as a result of drunk driver or not.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Rekeb: 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Brigadier7:
I pray ibinabo is pardoned
Why? She is not being sentenced to death. If it was so I would have prayed for a pardon also. But 5 year imprisonment is not too much to pay if it has been established that she was the primary cause of the death of someone else.

Why didnt the "eye witness" testify during the trial, or were Ibinabo's lawyers not aware of this eye witness?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by timunstopable: 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
What if this so called eye witness is the one that helped her remove the number plates

These people keep complicating matters for her

first she was not reckless

second she was in a coma

Next thing she was unconscious for a day

Ibinabo and her people have like 5 different accounts

Why not just own up apologize serve your jail term

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
datola:
This Messur De Gaulle account is hard to believe. You mean they did not deem it fit to use his eye witness account to help her even after meeting Ibinabor four years ago in Portharcourt?

If this account is true, then Ibinabor and her team have been careless in handling the case.

Only God is all-knowing!

I thought as much bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by omonla555: 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT

if I remember correctly. I cannot tell who was speeding or what but we heard a loud crash and then I think the doctors car somersaulted while the other car driven by Ibinabo was flung a few metres to the other side.

Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by mapet: 2:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
5starmilitant:

Hmmmm...... maybe she ran away, or maybe she did not. But the eyewitness said she was unconscious, I think the best way to know if she ran away or was really rushed to the hospital is to go to the said hospital and check their records.

From there we can begin to sense the truth.

The police would have established that before the case went to court. If she had gone ahead to make a report at the police station knowing fully well that the other party involved died in the incident, that would have made it more credible than for VIO to trace the owner to her through the VIN.......

1 Like

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by XD3G: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
This so-called 'Mr De Gaulle', is a figment of Charles Novia's imagination. Probably, he culled the name 'De Gulle' from the 'Charles De Gulle' Airport in Paris.
What he intends to achieve with this rooster n bull story, is still unknown to all. Why draw unnecessary sympathy for your colleague,at the expense of a grieving family?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
DobraDobra:
LoL dis eye withness better remain silent ooo before he puts himself into trouble he helped someone flee an accident scene? Accomplice to crime? And remain silent all dis yrs? Was he trying to accuse people helping d victim as dones dat killed d man? No no d accident if dint happeen d man will not be in pains d man will not be under his car d man will not die. Even if IB was not drunk there are other reasons to cause accident that's why she was charged with man slaughter.

I think the eye witnessed did the right thing. I agree with Charles Novia that Journalism have lost its true strength.

Investigative journalists should investigate this properly.

First thing, it did not happen in the night, as reported that Ibinabo drove the car drunk from a club. The late Doctor came from an even with his other colleagues. Definitely it was not a late night meeting.

The doctor who treated Ibinabo should answer if she was unconscious when she arrived the scene.

Her sister in the car with her should also give her side of the story.

If the eye witnessed saved her life and she was not drunk or coming from a club then Ibinabo's jail sentence is unfair.

May God give Doctor Giwa's family the strength to bear the loss.

If Ibinabo is innocent, I hope God gives her a way outto of this mess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Basketmouth's N200,000 Belt To The Launch Of Laffhub.com / Allwell Ademola Celebrates 36th Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Lilian And Promise Diribe Welcome Baby: Liz Benson Is A Grandmother Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.