Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia (36275 Views)

2face Is A Two-faced Person - Charles Novia (pic) / Charles Novia Writes On Tiwa Savage And Teebillz Saga / Ibinabo Fiberisima At AMVCA2016 After Party (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by anonimi: 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
oyb:
Instead of yeyebrities to start a don't drink and drive campaign, they are still making noise

Bros, na wah oh. Thank you so much for your salient comment.
The yeyebrities should heed your advice and can make her an Ambassador for such an initiative after serving her JAIL sentence.
It is this kind of useless Charles Novia story that makes us regard EQUALLY intelligent oyinbos as our superiors, because of their more functional societies, when they are simply not as mentally LAZY as we are.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Wowzer(m): 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
Even from the witness account, for other eye witnesses to say the occupant of the other car will suffer if the doctor dies...implies she was at fault.

Mr De Gaulle only acted swiftly to prevent her from lynching based on utterances of other witnesses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by anonimi: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
pho27:
Unforgiving heart takes one to hell, the doctor's family should just forgive ibinabor and move on whether she's at fault or not.

Did you go to school? undecided
Or did you simply WASTE the money of whoever sent you to school.
With comments like this, is it any wonder that we have a barely literate cattle rearer as our president? angry

The COURT case is not between the LATE doctor's family and the YEYEbrity.
No.
It is between the State and the ACCUSED.
Hope you can understand the difference.

When will it be the dawn of Justice & Equity over our nation?
When

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2964976_20151016091403_jpegab4fdf99d5d2b7cb6f756cadf280d0a9

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by kisscivic(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice Nollywood script I most say. How come two vehicles were involved in an accident, and no person from the crowd paid any attention to the vehicle Ibinabo was in, but just the so called withness

1 Like

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=18pt]i like this Novel[/size]

Exactly. Movie is exactly what it is. The official account of the accident, the direction of the skid marks, the point of egress to the other side of the road and the condition of the defendants brakes ( good) and the likely cause of the accident the point of impact on the separating culvert are all in the case file.

Why didn't the writer apply for a ctc of the records instead interviewing this other witness who did not give evidence at the trial and has somehow fortuitously appeared at the right time?

This trial is not about the personality involved, it is not a film. It is about a car losing control at high speed, about a defendant that appeared to be DUI and finally it is about the ability of a celebrity to gain control of the media to whitewash facts which were not successfully defended at trial.

Movie it is. Well put.

1 Like

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Reference(m): 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
kisscivic:
Nice Nollywood script I most say. How come two vehicles were involved in an accident, and no person from the crowd paid any attention to the vehicle Ibinabo was in, but just the so called withness

The Daniel Wilson number plate caught his starry eyes....hoping that the rescue of a celebrity will give him a share of the coffee.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by IamAtribalist: 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
cool It appears Charles Novia and the other 'defenders' of IB have decided to whip up cheap public sentiments to argue a case that was clearly lost in the court of law. Mr. Novia, this is not some cheap Nollywood movie. Allow the family of the dead to process their grief however they want to - its their right. Please, cease and desist from conflating this family's grief with the legal outcome of a criminal case. Now, your 'eye witness' did not provide any new information that would exculpate IB as the principal cause of Dr. Giwa's death. Therefore, according to the law, IB is still guilty of manslaughter. Until you have clear evidence that IB's illegal acts did not cause the accident, STOP disgracing yourself with all these cheap emotional musings. I am glad to see that most posters on this thread were smart enough to see through your pathetic charade. Perhaps, there is hope for Nigeria after all. We have to (for the sake of our future and development) be a nation of law and order. Nigerians must (as a matter of national survival and well being) embrace the concept of 'accepting responsibility for one's actions.' Otherwise, we will continue to be a lawless country that will never fully develop and offer a meaningful life for its citizens. While I will not argue (because I don't know her personally) your claim that IB is a beautiful 'soul', I still do not see how the aesthetics of her 'soul' has ANY bearing to this case. It seems that because IB is your friend and colleague, you have decided that she should not be made to comply with the laws of the land. While this is not shocking because our corrupt politicians also find a way to shirk personal responsibility, it is still shameful that someone in your position (the creative arts) will be utilizing his time and effort to promote corruption of the rule of law. Shame on you Mr. Novia. Shame. Shame. Shame. You can however remove this stain from your 'soul' by using your 'celebrity' status to fight against RECKLESS IRRESPONSIBLE DRIVING. This way future generations of Nigerians may forgive your sins and see you in a new light.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by dabossman(m): 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Uchddaniel:
Its quite unfortunate. I have actually been one of the hater's of the Ibinabo's story. But i am now having a full re-think. Healing, healing and healing is what we ask. Sentencing Ibinabo, will be fine to show how SUPREME OUR LAW is, but for God's sake, the Doctors family should please forgive her and withdraw this case.

Healing for the family of the doctor may actually come from a feeling of seeing that justice is done or is perceived to be done; and that the person who they believe is responsible for the death of their loved one gets punished. No amount of begging can bring that sort of closure.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Kassidy90(m): 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nigeria still have a long way to go, anytime a celebrity is involved in a mess guilty or not u see everyone doing everything to vindicate him/her, but in a case of poor or unpopular fellow everyone become judge n jury online, this nation is full of hypocrites, mind you am not hating on the actress, if she's guilty she should serve her time but if she's not may God send help to her thru any means...
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by smileysmiley(f): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Why was this eye witness not called upon to testify in court. You guys should stop trying to save her public image. The family of the said doctor is rich so I'm pretty sure they are not on her case for money, all they asked for was a public apology, please show us the newspaper that carried the news of the apology. I really liked her cause she is a fine lady and I loved the fact that she was able to stand up to Emeka Ike for the office of the President of AGN, it shows that she is a strong and courageous lady and I love strong women but heartless women No No... I refuse to believe that this family would be witch hunting her after over 10 years if she had done what needed to be done. Stop crying foul now, take your witness to court cause social media is no court room and as for your madam, her image is already tarnished, forget it cause every one now knows that she is an heartless b*tch. I know how you nollywood people can be arrogant, even the ones that just joined today are carrying shoulder too and I am convinced without a doubt that her arrogance caused this nemesis for her after all Pride they say cometh before a fall... #JailIbinaboFiberisima
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Mbediogu(m): 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
There was no quarrel between the parties before the accident. A car is not a convenient instrument of murder because the victim of a car accident cannot be pre determined. No one drives off just to
cause accident There are cheaper and surer ways. Last of all, the great number of years between then nd now.

The grouse of the family may be with the paltry fine of 100k paid by the accused. If so their quarrel should really be with the courts and JSC can help.
If their quarrel is survivor s life then they are about killing an actress for being an actress.
The death of the doctor is unfortunate but should have been overcome over the years.
The parties should dialogue over this. Abum Nwafor Imo.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
bqlekan:

You are right bro, but the brain works in a more complicated way, lemme explain why you could remember every detail from 6years ago. (Even tho not really every)

You could remember all because he was yor room mate, one closer to you than your family as at that time, one you share everything together, one you wake up next too. Not some random lady in ronsons car who doesn't know you exist.

You could remember that event because it was a defining moment in your life then, a unique moment that won't happen again. Not some random road accident which happens almost everyday.

That is how the brain works, to recollect things in details, you need to prioritise its importance. This was six years ago and we both knew that man would have moved on.

He didn't even forget the least details. Bro I see foul here.

now what you forget is this, he wasn't a bystander, he was actually active in trying to rescue the first victim, and from what he heard he moved to help the unconscious lady in the other accident-ed car..these are no ordinary scenes bro.....its possible he can remember everything especially when it involves a celebrity
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by slightlyMad(f): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
we are talking about nollywood people here, that is a story written by them.
thats what they do for a living. dont believe any of it please.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by bqlekan(m): 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

now what you forget is this, he wasn't a bystander, he was actually active in trying to rescue the first victim, and from what he heard he moved to help the unconscious lady in the other accident-ed car..these are no ordinary scenes bro.....its possible he can remember everything especially when it involves a celebrity
Lol, remember he never said he knew it was ibinabo, (check how he described her)
And yes, those are no scenes, but lies. Its my opinion tho.

Been a long time brother. Where have you been nah?
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Forwetinnah: 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
lacidi:

This is not double jeopardy. She is not being tried twice. She was tried by the magistrate court and found guilty. The only thing being contested is the quantum of the sentence given by the magistrate court. No new witnesses were called from the High Court to the Appeal court and none will be called at the Supreme court. The only issue in contention is whether the magistrate had the right to give an option of fine in a manslaughter case.

On the issue of it being an accident, the collapsed building in Lekki was an accident too. So no one should be arrested for it.

How are you sure the accident wasn't caused by the deceased? He has no questions to answer because he's dead so the one who's alive should pay the price for coming out of a coma? Right?! At first she was accused of driving under the influence of Alcohol, when that didn't stick and there was no alcohol in her blood at the time of the accident, they zeroed it down to Reckless Driving. The problem isn't looking for who to arrest, what if they person they've arrested isn't the one at fault? What if Ibinabo had died too...would they have tried her corpse? Some of you are making it sound as if the Doctor was crossing the road on foot and she hit him with her car

1 Like

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
bqlekan:

Lol, remember he never said he knew it was ibinabo, (check how he described her)
And yes, those are no scenes, but lies. Its my opinion tho.

Been a long time brother. Where have you been nah?

lol work been taking much of my time.....plus i am always here,just dont have the zeal to drop comments always lol......you?
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by bqlekan(m): 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

lol work been taking much of my time.....plus i am always here,just dont have the zeal to drop comments always lol......you?
Same here o. And atimes, I just feel too lazy to type.

Like you are getting tired of here already?
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by kingdenny(m): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Remember this is nollywood, so they can easily come up with a perfect script
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by iretiland: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Benite:

Source: http://www.charlesnoviadaily.com/how-i-saved-ibinabo-fiberisimas-life-on-the-night-of-the-accident-eye-witness-speaks-to-charles-novia/

I suppose this is Charles Novia of the Goodluck Jonathan campaign. Together with this accused woman, they belong to the class of "only us" must live life to the fullest even if others are dying. Else why not allow the court to decide? But in their world, the life of the dead doctor and his family including the children doesn't matter a penny. Let the court decide after listening to both sides of the story.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
bqlekan:

Same here o. And atimes, I just feel too lazy to type.

Like you are getting tired of here already?

lol Tired?.....i have been here since 2006 lol
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by bqlekan(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

lol Tired?.....i have been here since 2006 lol
hahahahaha,one year before me grin
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by ycat: 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
These animals from after Ore have no value for human life and are doing everything to get the lady off the hook.

The eye witness happened to be someone that later showed up in porthacourt, the same home state of the muderer. May Charles Novia be killed by a drunk driver soon, leaving his children to suffer. The goat is probably screwing her asss.

These ibo/edo think Yoruba are stupidd and acting it out. Let Yoruba accept this from these iddiotts only to be called mumu.

Anyone lying, scheming and making up stories to set Ibinabo free will follow Dr Giwa through same auto accident. His children should go to where he was buried taking the names of this Charles Novia and others like him to silence them for trying to derail justice.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by ycat: 8:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
You guys should always put it where it fits. No Yoruba will ever ask a criminal to walk free, or ask a person responsible for the death of an innocent man to refuse 5 years jail term. Only some backward people from God forsaken land do this, so it's NOT A NIGERIAN PROBLEM! What happened to 'action and consequence'? What about accountability?
Nigeria must divide so these animals can have their own country to themselves.
Kassidy90:
Nigeria still have a long way to go, anytime a celebrity is involved in a mess guilty or not u see everyone doing everything to vindicate him/her, but in a case of poor or unpopular fellow everyone become judge n jury online, this nation is full of hypocrites, mind you am not hating on the actress, if she's guilty she should serve her time but if she's not may God send help to her thru any means...
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by DobraDobra: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I think the eye witnessed did the right thing. I agree with Charles Novia that Journalism have lost its true strength.

Investigative journalists should investigate this properly.

First thing, it did not happen in the night, as reported that Ibinabo drove the car drunk from a club. The late Doctor came from an even with his other colleagues. Definitely it was not a late night meeting.

The doctor who treated Ibinabo should answer if she was unconscious when she arrived the scene.

Her sister in the car with her should also give her side of the story.

If the eye witnessed saved her life and she was not drunk or coming from a club then Ibinabo's jail sentence is unfair.

May God give Doctor Giwa's family the strength to bear the loss.

If Ibinabo is innocent, I hope God gives her a way outto of this mess.

Friend I get ur point but I am not even talking of d issue of driving under f influence let's take dat out of it but at d same accident can still happen now who was reckless and dangerous between d 2 of dem is d issue, if IB was, den d issue of manslaughter will arise
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
DobraDobra:

Friend I get ur point but I am not even talking of d issue of driving under f influence let's take dat out of it but at d same accident can still happen now who was reckless and dangerous between d 2 of dem is d issue, if IB was, den d issue of manslaughter will arise

The earlier reports made Ibinabo the villain in the incident. The chick who went out clubbing, got drunk, killed a man with her reckless driving and tried to cover it up by fleeing the scene.

If the clubbing, drunkenness, fleeing the scene is wrong based on the witness testimony is wrong, how can we count on the reckless driving charges.

Even the time of the incident was wrong.

I think Ibinabo needs a fair hearing and the journalists should investigate and provide adequate information, so they won't generate hate against Ibinabo when she is not the way the media painted her.

It was not a hit and run case but a lady involved in an accident that a good citizen saved her life.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by blackprowler: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
So after 10 years, after a trial in which anyone could have struggled to convince a judge why their loved one should not be sent to prison, this one now comes out to spew trash?! Abeg she must experience prison; that money she is wasting at the Supreme Court will do nothing for her. If you did nothing when you had the time and now think you can perform a miracle, GOOD LUCK! If only our judiciary could be as upstanding as this at all times. I'm not interested in whether she's guilty or not; what I know is the court is the battle ground, not nairaland or the media. Abi you be Saraki protege?

1 Like

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
ycat:
These animals from after Ore have no value for human life and are doing everything to get the lady off the hook.

The eye witness happened to be someone that later showed up in porthacourt, the same home state of the muderer. May Charles Novia be killed by a drunk driver soon, leaving his children to suffer. The goat is probably screwing her asss.

These ibo/edo think Yoruba are stupidd and acting it out. Let Yoruba accept this from these iddiotts only to be called mumu.

Anyone lying, scheming and making up stories to set Ibinabo free will follow Dr Giwa through same auto accident. His children should go to where he was buried taking the names of this Charles Novia and others like him to silence them for trying to derail justice.

Did you for one second, think, "What of if the witness is saying the truth?"

Unlike other reports, this man's testimony showed that Ibinabo did not come from a club. Daniel Wilson said she arrived the hospital unconscious.

Do not reign curses when you are short of facts.

Charles Novia is asking journalists to investigate.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I think the eye witnessed did the right thing. I agree with Charles Novia that Journalism have lost its true strength.

Investigative journalists should investigate this properly.

First thing, it did not happen in the night, as reported that Ibinabo drove the car drunk from a club. The late Doctor came from an even with his other colleagues. Definitely it was not a late night meeting.

The doctor who treated Ibinabo should answer if she was unconscious when she arrived the scene.

Her sister in the car with her should also give her side of the story.

If the eye witnessed saved her life and she was not drunk or coming from a club then Ibinabo's jail sentence is unfair.

May God give Doctor Giwa's family the strength to bear the loss.

If Ibinabo is innocent, I hope God gives her a way outto of this mess.
"I still think that it was
the inexperience of the area boys and
bystanders in trying to pull the man out of
the car, which killed him faster" Mr. Novia we are not stupid;there might still be an escape route for Ibinabo but this doesn't add up.I am a Jounalist,why will this dude say such thing is he a medical doctor?He just ruined this eye witness account by injecting his opinion.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
ComradeNwike:
"I still think that it was
the inexperience of the area boys and
bystanders in trying to pull the man out of
the car, which killed him faster" Mr. Novia we are not stupid;there might still be an escape route for Ibinabo but this doesn't add up.I am a Jounalist,why will this dude say such thing is he a medical doctor?He just ruined this eye witness account by injecting his opinion.

If the witness believes the actions of the area boys caused the doctor's death, I do not think he should keep quiet. I believe the truth is the best solution.

What is important is for journalist to start investigating. Find out the doctors who arrived the scene. Find out their take on things. Interview Ibinabo's sister, get her side of the story public. Find out some bystanders and get their take on this.

It is sad the doctor lost his life but increasing the pain in Ibinabo's heart will not make things better.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by blackprowler: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
anonimi:

With comments like this, is it any wonder that we have a barely literate cattle rearer as our president? angry

No.

When

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2964976_20151016091403_jpegab4fdf99d5d2b7cb6f756cadf280d0a9

Thx for that. Nigerians have no concept of the state. All they know is their individual egos and all conflict is a conflict of two persons, and oh God, do Nigerians "beg". They love to "go beg am na". I hate begging. Do it and face the consequence. Proving it wasn't out of irresponsibility or premeditated is a means to mitigate culpability for a transgression which is still different from begging and which I would support. But sadly in this country, our culture of begging embolden people to premeditate an evil and hope to get off by begging. They even blackmail the aggrieved should he not accept such beg.
Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by blackprowler: 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
anonimi:

No.

When

Thx for that. Nigerians have no concept of the state. All they know is their individual egos and all conflict is a conflict of two persons, and oh God, do Nigerians "beg". They love to "go beg am na". I hate begging. Do it and face the consequence. Proving it wasn't out of irresponsibility or premeditated is a means to mitigate culpability for a transgression which is still different from begging and which I would support. But sadly in this country, our culture of begging emboldens people to premeditate an evil and hope to get off by begging. They even blackmail the aggrieved should he not accept such beg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia by blackprowler: 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
ycat:
You guys should always put it where it fits. No Yoruba will ever ask a criminal to walk free, or ask a person responsible for the death of an innocent man to refuse 5 years jail term. Only some backward people from God forsaken land do this, so it's NOT A NIGERIAN PROBLEM! What happened to 'action and consequence'? What about accountability?
Nigeria must divide so these animals can have their own country to themselves.

You must be a low-life. All you know is defining things in terms of ethnicity. You're part of Nigeria's problems. Read my posts, I've been on the side of justice and against Ibinabo or Novia. So how dare you insult and find me guilty based on ethnicity? Yoruba, Ibo, whatever are like APC, PDP, NPN etc that have lasted centuries. See PDP already claiming special traits for their members. Imagine how it would be for 3 generations of PDP family. YOU DON'T KNOW SHAIT ABOUT THIS WORLD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Pose With 2face & Yemi Alade In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Olamide: Wizkid And Davido Both Have 'Choko', But They Will Be Alright / Daddy Freeze Labels Yul Edochie's Prayer An Antichrist Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.