Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors (4643 Views)

Funky Wedding Invitation Of Two Nairalanders And Thier Cute Wedding Pictures / Reasons Why People Engage In Premarital Sex / How Do Married Men manage thier Wives With loosed vagina (Big Farmland)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by Basilsekav(m): 8:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tiv People Offer Their Wives To Visitors Good day everyone and happy weekend is what I wish you all . As you already know that my intention is to unravel mysteries . We are here again with this highly controversial topic and misconception of “ Tivs use their wives to entertain visitors ” . I decided to clear the air on this issue because just yesterday , a friend of mine chose to call it quits with his girlfriend of about three years just because his mother passed the “ Tiv people use their wives and sometimes daughters to entertain visitors ” to him. I was agog at why a learned man in this 21 st century will breakup with his girlfriend ; banking on his mother ’ s conclusion that his girlfriend could have been served to many men by her dad. Just sit back, relax and follow me For those who know not much about the TIV people , read below … “ Tiv ” is an ethnic group with origin in Nigeria but a sparse population of Cameroonians have also traced their roots to the Tiv ethnicity . They are among those referred to as Minority ethnic groups in Nigeria with a little over six million people . Can be found mainly in Benue , Nassarawa, Plateau and Taraba states of Nigeria . TIVs are a very strong ethnicity and are known as warriors who waged wars against many towns and villages and almost always come out tops . This conquest of theirs made them have many slaves who work on their farms; some of which were females . So , in times past , anytime a the Tiv people had male visitors , being very hospitable people they would normally select one of their best looking female slaves to keep the visitor company for as long as he chooses to stay. The visitor who is most likely not aware of the status of the lady assumes she is his host’s wife and goes about spreading rumours that the host gave him his wife . The culture of giving female slaves to visitors is not actually an act I can term benevolence because they did so with hope of the slaves getting pregnant . And in situations where such slaves get pregnant , the child she gives birth to becomes a slave by birth . This means more slaves and more hands on the farm works and other labour intensive works and in return, more money for the slave masters. However , since slave trade has been abolished , this practice has long stopped because their are no more slaves to serve the purposes . That is why most of us today who never witnessed slave trading only hear the myth of “ Tiv men offer their wives to visitors ” . It never happened and never will because Tiv men are known for being overly jealous with their wives . A Tiv man may pardon you for every other offence but not if he catches you with his wife . Tiv people highly respect themselves and never compromise true born(mar-nya) and slaves(Kpan) . That’s why they leave the slaves for fellow slaves or visitors to mate . Till date , if you intend contesting for any political appointment in Tiv land, they will first ask of your father’ s house . To be sure if such person is a true son of the soil or a slave . If you doubt me and still want to confirm and you have a Tiv friend, take the next bus to Tiv land in Benue state, visit him and wait till he offers you his wife . Sorry will be your name.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by YorubaWoman: 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oneee smiley

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by datola: 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
Let's confirm from Thieve David Mark
Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by Adasun(m): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
am Idoma and have being to tiv once when a friend house me.nothing like giving their wives to strangers o
Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by jamex93(m): 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
Shay d wife con dey for public use ni undecided

Na scam belive jor
Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by ricsman(m): 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
the first time I heard this gist, they said it was kogi but since me reach kogi state there is nothing of such.

maybe op is right.... olden days stuff. not this generation.
Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by pet4ril(f): 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nice write up.
Good bless

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
You are right ...but tiv ladies are highly promiscuous.... Don't doubt me because I'm sure..

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by oglalasioux(m): 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
Good.

But there is an unhealthy culture of one woman marrying many husbands in a lifetime. There are lots of cases of siblings not belonging to the same father.

OP check it out and get back to us. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by okuneddie(m): 12:18am On Mar 20, 2016
what OP said is true cos I served in Taraba and I have many Tiv guys as friend. They are jealous and their ladies be jumping from one something to another. If u get serious relationship with a Tiv gal and u travel for a while....before u come back sorry Na ur case o
Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by aoyih(m): 1:00am On Mar 20, 2016
Basilsekav:
Tiv People Offer Their Wives To Visitors
Good day everyone and happy weekend is what I wish you all .
As you already know that my intention is to unravel mysteries .
We are here again with this highly controversial topic and
misconception of “ Tivs use their wives to entertain visitors ” .
I decided to clear the air on this issue because just yesterday ,
a friend of mine chose to call it quits with his girlfriend of
about three years just because his mother passed the “ Tiv
people use their wives and sometimes daughters to entertain
visitors ” to him. I was agog at why a learned man in this 21 st
century will breakup with his girlfriend ; banking on his mother ’
s conclusion that his girlfriend could have been served to
many men by her dad.
Just sit back, relax and follow me
For those who know not much about the TIV people , read
below …
“ Tiv ” is an ethnic group with origin in Nigeria but a sparse
population of Cameroonians have also traced their roots to the
Tiv ethnicity . They are among those referred to as Minority
ethnic groups in Nigeria with a little over six million people .
Can be found mainly in Benue , Nassarawa, Plateau and
Taraba states of Nigeria . TIVs are a very strong ethnicity and
are known as warriors who waged wars against many towns
and villages and almost always come out tops . This conquest
of theirs made them have many slaves who work on their
farms; some of which were females . So , in times past ,
anytime a the Tiv people had male visitors , being very
hospitable people they would normally select one of their best
looking female slaves to keep the visitor company for as long
as he chooses to stay. The visitor who is most likely not aware
of the status of the lady assumes she is his host’s wife and
goes about spreading rumours that the host gave him his wife
. The culture of giving female slaves to visitors is not actually
an act I can term benevolence because they did so with hope
of the slaves getting pregnant . And in situations where such
slaves get pregnant , the child she gives birth to becomes a
slave by birth . This means more slaves and more hands on
the farm works and other labour intensive works and in return,
more money for the slave masters.
However , since slave trade has been abolished , this practice
has long stopped because their are no more slaves to serve
the purposes . That is why most of us today who never
witnessed slave trading only hear the myth of “ Tiv men offer
their wives to visitors ” . It never happened and never will
because Tiv men are known for being overly jealous with their
wives . A Tiv man may pardon you for every other offence but
not if he catches you with his wife . Tiv people highly respect
themselves and never compromise true born(mar-nya) and
slaves(Kpan) . That’s why they leave the slaves for fellow
slaves or visitors to mate . Till date , if you intend contesting
for any political appointment in Tiv land, they will first ask of
your father’ s house . To be sure if such person is a true son of
the soil or a slave . If you doubt me and still want to confirm
and you have a Tiv friend, take the next bus to Tiv land in
Benue state, visit him and wait till he offers you his wife . Sorry
will be your name.
Talking about Tiv men being over jealous over their wives, Bros am not too sure o....I don't know the truth about the long essay, but jealousy no dey for this case....
I have lived more Dan two decades in makurdi, and am sori to say, as much as Tiv's don't use their wives to entertain visitors, they are very care free about issues that have to do with Sex...to a tiv man/woman, Sex is nothing...

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by okoocheche(m): 6:31am On Mar 20, 2016
my brother, you are correct.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by driand(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2016
Good clearance
Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 20, 2016
oglalasioux:
Good.

But there is an unhealthy culture of one woman marrying many husbands in a lifetime. There are lots of cases of siblings not belonging to the same father.

OP check it out and get back to us. Thanks.
you are very correct....tiv marriage never last unless among the educated couples

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by futurerex: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2016
OP, is it true that Tiv like rat meat so much?

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by WOruGunu(m): 10:21am On Mar 20, 2016
The system of using slaves to host visitors is very common among all African ethnics so Tiv shud not b d only bearers of dat culture.thanx to d op for bringing it to ppls notice
Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by Countrygirl(f): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2016
sweetboiy:
You are right ...but tiv ladies are highly promiscuous.... Don't doubt me because I'm sure..
It's not just d ladies even their men are highly promiscuous......js become friends with a tiv guy,the next tin on his mind is how to sleep with u.
Re: Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2016
Countrygirl:
It's not just d ladies even their men are highly promiscuous......js become friends with a tiv guy,the next tin on his mind is how to sleep with u.
lol...

(1) (Reply)

He Broke Up With Me Cause I Refused To Make Up His Friend / Slay Queens Found In The Toilet After Partying / Do We Overestimate Ourselves In Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.