Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo (24601 Views)

Abiola Wrote The Names Of Ministers For Abacha - Olutayo Soyode / Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot / Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by fortune1968: 8:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Pidggin:
So Buhari met $30 billion left by GEJ? grin

One thing in life is that the truth cannot be hidden for long. Oga OBJ, thanks for this revelation.
foreign reserve ! are you educated at all? ask jona how mvch he met in foreign reserve ?

1 Like

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by eleko1: 8:48am On Mar 21, 2016
Kai grin grin ! See how baba wundjure/finish Jona sad grin . To all Ipob miscreants,BIAFRA IS KU sad and buried sad.Accept our condolence. E can only plead/beg Baba Daura to have mercy on dat directionless KAnu.Embrace Peace
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:51am On Mar 21, 2016
Why should God punish obj and not punish you too?

If you don't like what he said, get your evidence and take him to court. Or you just close your phone or browser.

dtruth3:
Obasanjo you are a silly old fool.

Oh God! Please punish Olusegun Obasanjo!
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Jabioro: 8:51am On Mar 21, 2016
I like Obasanjo ,he summarily put you to where you belong.truly let those ministers come up with the answer.For those who are castigating him for turn his back against Jonathan can now see that their son brother ,uncle ,nlaw and whatever he is to you personally mess up the position.. Baba you are a leader..
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Deen77: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2016
Pidggin:

One thing in life is that the truth cannot be hidden for long. Oga OBJ, thanks for this revelation.

What is $30 billion compared with Algeria $155 billion. OBJ pay $12 billion debt and saved $45 billion, while $21 billion in the joint account.

1 Like

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by shellman: 8:54am On Mar 21, 2016
dtruth3:
Do u have etiquette at all Insuting a man old enough to be your grandfather?I think freedom of speech must have its limit You need to update yourself with currency in Diplomacy,Refined Culture &Etiquette

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by porozhniy(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2016
This man think we're all idiots. So the finance minister & cbn governor no longer answer to the president? How did they spend such huge sums without his approval? Oga like it or not, you're answerable for whatever happened to those funds.
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by semmykiki: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2016
What a shame on Nigeria and democracy, its really demostration of madness. I pity party politicians,i pity the youth whose destiny they are toiling with. I pity Nigeria as a whole. If this baba says he does not know what happen to the money,and some individuals lift hands they hail like agberos,how they was Jona the one who abused power? I lost respect for baba and many youth here today. If he claims that all sectors where responsible for what happen in his reign,then baba is the biggest f**l niger ever had
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Ayoola171(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2016
Pidggin:

if you're current enough with our reserve; you should know that, GEJ left $30 billion. While He(Jonathan) met over $60 billion and he earned more than any Nigeria President as of today. Try to do some findings. Thanks.
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by tonquendo4u(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2016
charliboy654:

Everyone kw Nigeria has abt 30 billion dollars in foreign reserve when buhari became president. What truth are u talking abt. Go and update urself. Now the question u sud ask urself is how much was in the reserve when gej was president. I don't kw the exact figure but am sure it was more than 50 billion with high oil price.
Oga d Apc govt said they met nothing there.Now,Baba spoke one truth in his life that they met 30b.okay
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Ayoola171(m): 8:59am On Mar 21, 2016
charliboy654:

Everyone kw Nigeria has abt 30 billion dollars in foreign reserve when buhari became president. What truth are u talking abt. Go and update urself. Now the question u sud ask urself is how much was in the reserve when gej was president. I don't kw the exact figure but am sure it was more than 50 billion with high oil price.
Thanks jare, Jonathan met $63 billion.
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Deen77: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2016
OBJ, instead of building a new refinery under your 8 years for local production, you encouraged importation of fuel consume our foreign exchange.

1 Like

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by nightmile: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2016
fistonati:
This duely shows that obasanjo isn't a leader but a dictator. Your era is long gone, we shall ask you again and again before dey measure six feet's for you.

Some apshits will still compared him to Mandela

Who knows? You may even enter the 6feet and be forgotten before him . That's life for u

1 Like

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by anonimi: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2016
Deen77:
OBJ, instead of building a new refinery under your 8 years for local production, you encouraged importation of fuel consume our foreign exchange.

The useless old man is such a HYPOCRITE and it is a pity that many buffoons are actually praising a man who STOLE us blind with plenty braggadocio.

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPytmuhYDAU
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by baseetho(m): 9:15am On Mar 21, 2016
Pidggin:

it's foreign reserve silly you
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by amagunnerfan: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2016
Pidggin:

The treasury and the foreign reserve are now the same thing?

Common sense is not for all heads even if implanted.
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by amtaken(f): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2016
The fear of Halliburton case is real.

Haba OBJ!
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Gamesmart: 9:19am On Mar 21, 2016
fistonati:
This duely shows that obasanjo isn't a leader but a dictator. Your era is long gone, we shall ask you again and again before dey measure six feet's for you.

Some apshits will still compared him to Mandela

The man described you and your "likers" perfectly.

He was on point with every sentence in the quote.

Rotentina:
..............describing them as illiterates and stupid people.

"..............What stupidity! The man who asked for it, the man who gave the judgement or who answered them are all stupid,
with due respect."

"But again, it shows ignorance, total ignorance, which is lacking and you wonder, are these people educated?"
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by christconscious: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2016
OBJ is really a con artist....nice ascertion
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by ALLPISHON: 9:47am On Mar 21, 2016
Waoh! In as much i respect Baba very well, i considered this statement as very unguided, spontaneous and not well thought through. How can Baba refer to those asking for accountability “silly” Even in the Bible Samuel cleared his name without being abusive. More importantly, The CBN & the Minister of Finance are under the president. He can refer us to the CBN Governor & the Minister of Finance now when we demanded for explanations but when they (The Presidents) want to sack either of them they see themselves as not only the President but also C-I-C. This is a minus and if Baba does not apologies, the destinies and blood of Nigerians that had suffered and still suffering will cry against him and all his lineage and Lord God will visit His HERITAGE once again. At his age, Baba should pray for forginess and be prayig for us all. He should be grateful to God and the entire Nation. God used us to testify to His favour in the life of Baba; yet he can look back and abuse us. i am pained to the soul. we still love you and respect you anyway
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2016
If Olusegun Matthew Okikiola Obasanjo says he only used his office as President to bring the loot back to Nigeria but was not responsible for what happened to the loot afterwards. Obasanjo is in effect saying,the CBN and the Secretary of Finance had carte Blanche to do with the loot,oil revenue and all other incomes of the country as they deemed fit.
Obasanjo! Obasanjo!! Obasanjo!!!
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by josite: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2016
how can an elder statesman referred to a judge as silly?.
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by hardbody: 9:56am On Mar 21, 2016
If I write what I think about OBJ, moderators will ban me for life, but I think what I have refused to write is more legible than what I have written. Read with insight.
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Drabrah(m): 9:58am On Mar 21, 2016
Flexherbal:
OBJ has Nigeria at his palm.
Walahi!
grin grin grin
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by miky2002(m): 10:26am On Mar 21, 2016
Just imagine how those questions were answered... To me OBJ is still the best president Nigeria as a nation ever had... On Abacha money, those that want to know how it was spent should go and ask the then CBN and our former minister of fraud... On GEJ issue, he never made mistake to supported him, the objective had been achieved but funny enough, the so called GEJ misused the opportunity which will surely tell on his people in the future to come... They will soon be calling Yoruba coward, the Hausa Almajari... The simple answer to this is enviness...
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Haryohdeji(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2016
zico530:
Silly ko silly ni
silly ko Silikatu nny
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by vislabraye(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2016
Pidggin:

Buhari failed to tell us how much he met undecided

1 Like

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by ronaldbecky(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2016
dtruth3:

lwkd.lolz..if God should punish him,wat abt u..are holier dan thou..d man dont even know u exist
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by GreenNegro(m): 10:54am On Mar 21, 2016
Rotentina:
*Justifies Buhari's frequent foreign trips
*Says no regret putting Jonathan forward as
President

By Gabriel Olawale, with agency repiorts
LAGOS — Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
has expressed angst against those asking him to
account for recovered Abacha loot, describing them
as illiterates and stupid people.

He also said there was nothing wrong in President
Muhammadu Buhari’s frequent trips as, according
to him, Nigeria needs to be in touch with important
centres of the world.

Obasanjo, who stated this in an interview, weekend,
said the role of his office was to facilitate the
recovery process and not how it was put to use.
He said: “They said the money recovered from
Abacha, I should account for it. What stupidity! The
man who asked for it, the man who gave the
judgement or who answered them are all stupid,
with due respect.

“I don’t keep account, all Abacha loots were sent to
Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and every bit of it was
reported to Minister of Finance. My job was to write
where we can get help to recover the money.

"Every penny that comes out of it went to CBN, so if
they want to know what happened to the money,
they should call CBN governor or call the Minister
of Finance.

“But again, it shows ignorance, total ignorance,
which is lacking and you wonder, are these people
educated? They can also approach the man who
helped us in recovering process to give the list of
money recovered and where he took it.”

On fluctuating oil price
On fluctuating oil price, Obasanjo said President
Buhari was lucky than he was, saying: “When I
assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in
reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10
times of what I met then, and the price of oil then
was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing.

“I know the price is down now and with time, it will
jump up again. What Buhari is doing currently is
preparing ground for Nigeria to take advantage
when it goes up again.”

Justifies Buhari's frequent foreign trips
Obasanjo, who justified Buhari's frequent foreign
trips, said President Buhari needed to get involved
in the world.

He said: “He needs to be known and to know
people. How do you make friends and influence
people except you know them and this cannot
happen if he sits in Aso Villa, especially in a
situation that we found ourselves, a situation where
we have bad image in the world, a situation where
we need to play leadership role, especially in Africa,
because during Jonathan’s administration, Nigeria
was not on the table.”

On Biafra agitation
Obasanjo, who described the Biafra agitation as a
platform for people of the South East to make their
voices heard, insisted that Biafra was dead.
He said: “I sympathise with people agitating in the
country, but what Nigeria needs to do now is to get
our economy back on track. When you have a bad
economic situation, such is expected. So I did not
see their cause as a threat but I see it as a platform
to get their voices heard.

“Like I said on January 15, the important, authentic
leaders of the South-East are concerned about
economic situation of Nigeria and I believe when
the situation changes tomorrow, these young
people will sing a new song.”

No regret putting Jonathan forward as President
While expressing no regrets in facilitating the
emergence of former President Goodluck Jonathan
as President, Obasanjo said his objective had been
achieved by making a minority group to produce
the president of Nigeria.

He said: “I believe that Nigeria politics will be
strengthened even more if we have the opportunity
to allow the minority in its own right to emerge as
President, and I do not have any apology for
anybody because the purpose I wanted Nigeria to
achieve had been achieved.

“That any Nigerian can become president, it is not a
regret for Nigeria and for me because Nigeria gave
him that opportunity, he used, abused, misused as
he wished and at the appropriate time, Nigerians
said thank you for what you have done and what
you have not done and Nigeria said bye bye, which
is the beauty of democracy.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/asking-account-abachas-loot-stupid-obasanjo/
Hmm
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2016
Why would them be silly when u are inconclusive
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by yemisat: 11:14am On Mar 21, 2016
Opinedecandid:
And you think you are not silly, baba?
No wonder
!!! You guys don't respect your elders. I guess!
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Image123(m): 11:14am On Mar 21, 2016
Pidggin:

Any literate could read in the dailies that the current government met about $30billion in the federal reserves and $2billion in the excess crude account. Oshomole and co were even talking about it then. The issue was that they equally met debt of about the same amount, making it virtually empty. Note the adjective "virtually" which Buhari used to qualify the situation. It is not a revelation except you were in coma then.
cc modath

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Now There Is No Money To Run Government – Amaechi / Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals / Umahi Visits Wike Again (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.