Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah (15241 Views)

Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah / Residents Tie Tortoise To Their Electricity Pole To Scare Off PHCN Official / Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Agimor(m): 7:43am On Mar 22, 2016
Wailers would soon come castigate the messager instead to accept the message in good faith. They hate any message that prick their conscience.

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by chocolateme(f): 7:46am On Mar 22, 2016
Agimor:
Wailers off course.
who are wailers?

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by plaetton: 8:03am On Mar 22, 2016
mrphysics:

God bless you sir. The states are solely dependent on the federal government. Can't the states build a small factory or even company? Yet, everyone is blaming buhari for his/her family problem.

Anyway, Wailing is now a hobby

But Buhari wasn't blaming the States for all the shortcomings of the last administration, was he ?

You are all a bunch of hypocrites.

It is now that you know how hot the seat of power is.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by plaetton: 8:05am On Mar 22, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Our people say, u can tell the taste of poo by the smell of fart. You don't need to taste the poo.

That says it all.

If looks like poo and smells like poo, then we don't have to fold our arms for thev4 yrs to finally admit what we are suspecting.

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Agimor(m): 8:11am On Mar 22, 2016
chocolateme:
who are wailers?
You mean you don't know wailers?

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Toosure70: 8:17am On Mar 22, 2016
IPad and their tortoise mentally. Better title.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Kyase(m): 8:22am On Mar 22, 2016
chocolateme:
According to your topic caption; which particular Nigerians reasons like tortoise? Specify them..
Ekpas reloaded
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by 4nobody4every1: 8:24am On Mar 22, 2016
omenka:
Nonsense. Jonathan failed because he had no clue whatsoever what it entails to be the president. He was handed the office on a platter of gold and even admitted it wasn't his desire to be the president.

No one forced the words...

1. Stealing is not corruption.

2. They can insult me from head to toe, I don't give a damn.

3. If any money is missing, America will know.

4. Corruption is exaggerated in Nigeria.

5. If you bring a yam close to a goat, th goat must eat the yam.

..into the fool's head, after all, they say he's a Ph.D holder.

He was primed to fail and he deliberately employed those he figured could fast track his failure, and together, what a failure they achieved!!!

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by callJesu: 8:25am On Mar 22, 2016
dondo83:
The write up is what the wise people know already. Our main problem is corruption! people claim its witch hunting, assuming the past administration persecuted the thieves in the opposition party Nigeria will be a better place but no they couldn't because of the yam they were eating. God knows we are on the right path and Nigeria will be better off come 2019

Supported

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by lightheart(m): 8:26am On Mar 22, 2016
Blessings on the writer of the article!!!

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by godoluwa(m): 8:26am On Mar 22, 2016
Firefire:
"I would like to stress that the change that Nigerians want cannot be accomplished by the government at the centre alone. There will be no change in Nigeria without the involvement of the states. Unfortunately, the states are overlooked while everybody is focusing on the Federal Government, which is totally misplaced".

The post is completely nonsensical.

Where is the OP when APC and Alhaji Lie Mohammed made Nigerians to believe that the problem and solution of Nigeria rest with the President ?

Lie Mohammed during his campaign of calumny against the last administration overlooked the aspect of other tiers of government and focus only on the Federal Government. One ediot is now posting garbage with his tortoise brain asking idiotic questions.

Una never see anything... yeye fifu.

its good to have tortoise brain that to have sheep brain like that of the APC followers

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by smartmoses(m): 8:28am On Mar 22, 2016
This man called Onyekakeyah is mentally ill,formal APC chairman dat failed to deliver his mandate and talking like his god father Buhari.he have been paid to talk
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by chocolateme(f): 8:29am On Mar 22, 2016
Agimor:
You mean you don't know wailers?
nope.. It's only one wailer that I know
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Ahmeduana(m): 8:31am On Mar 22, 2016
tyson99:
Useless write up
I DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ WHEN I SEE THE NAME OF THE POSTER, CAN ANYTHING GOOD COME OUT OF NAZARRETH?
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2016
tyson99:
Useless write up
Thank goodness I didn't read it.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by 247notire(m): 8:33am On Mar 22, 2016
omenka:
Nonsense. Jonathan failed because he had no clue whatsoever what it entails to be the president. He was handed the office on a platter of gold and even admitted it wasn't his desire to be the president.

He was primed to fail and he deliberately employed those he figured could fast track his failure, and together, what a failure they achieved!!!
This man, how come you deserted every benue thread about how fulanis have ravaged your people?

As for your post, it shows how frustrated you are though. Like it or not GEJ was by far the best president we ever had. Say what you like but the facts are there for you to see, even if you will never admit it till you die. wink

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by plaetton: 8:33am On Mar 22, 2016
dondo83:
The write up is what the wise people know already. Our main problem is corruption! people claim its witch hunting, assuming the past administration persecuted the thieves in the opposition party Nigeria will be a better place but no they couldn't because of the yam they were eating. God knows we are on the right path and Nigeria will be better off come 2019

What do you think is corruption?
Stealing public money.

Let me repeat for those that are mature enough to understand; stealing is not corruption.
Corruption goes way beyond the act of stealing.
Corruption is a state of mind, a perverse state of mind.

When a person sworn to uphold the Constitution deliberately subverts it, then that is the ABC of corruption.
Corruption means perversion of a system or order.
Anything, any group, any person that uses authority to subvert a law or a system is corrupt and promotes corruption.

With that in mind, Buhari and his state agents are corrupt and are promoting corruption in the polity.

Buhari's growing list of corruption practices.

1. Detaining persons beyond the statutory 48hrs without charge.

2. Disobeying court orders.

There have been several cases to date.

3. Interfering with the Independence of the CBN.

4. Harassment of opposition members of Ekiti state
legislature by agents of the State. A clear violation of the separation of powers.

5. Violations of due process in the sacking of 12 Vice Chancellors of federal universities.

6. Joining a military coalition of Arab states without consultations and approval from the legislature.

7. Nepotism .
Unabashaedly Appointing his friends and loyalists to official federal positions ( our collective Commonwealth) , is one of the worst forms of corruption.

And many many more.

The point I am trying to get across here is that you cannot claim to flight corruption if you don't even understand what it is.

If Buhari wants to fight people who have stolen public funds, let him say so, not corruption.

Corruption is a bigger, all pervasive mental infrastructure of which Buhari himself, by his many actions, is also greatly infected.

Let's stop the deceit.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by jayloms: 8:33am On Mar 22, 2016
Ik
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by mrphysics(m): 8:34am On Mar 22, 2016
chocolateme:
According to your topic caption; which particular Nigerians reasons like tortoise? Specify them.. Oh!! You mean the number one citizen? Ok I see!.

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM

you later modified it? oh good.

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by mrphysics(m): 8:36am On Mar 22, 2016
plaetton:

But Buhari wasn't blaming the States for all the shortcomings of the last administration, was he ?

You are all a bunch of hypocrites.

It is now that you know how hot the seat of power is.

Oh, it's time for revenge or for development?

whichever one you choose, we are the one that we suffer the outcome, Buhari won't, neither his children too.

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by PassingShot(m): 8:36am On Mar 22, 2016
tyson99:
Useless write up
Tortoise mentality!

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by feaworaoja007: 8:36am On Mar 22, 2016
Tallesty1:
Buhari is a no-nonsense man with a fraudulent budget. This writer is a waste. Does he think everyone has short memory like him? It is obvious that he has forgotten that buhari gave time frame in some of his promises.

If someone says that he will do something for you every year if you elect him and you bought the lie and vote for him, won't you complain when the first year is about to run out and you haven't seen anything?

But his now wasting funds in oil exploration in the north Now he's watching herdsmen destroy farms and farms products. From you farm, government buys to you farm, fulani men kills you and burn your house and you still expect people to be patient?

He promised to create but we are seeing is loss of jobs instead.

But now I am speechless.

but what we see now is destruction of homes in benue state and you still expect Nigeria no be patient?

No! It doesn't work that way. He saw Nigerians eating beans with one meat and He said NO! You deserve better, make me the head and you will start eating rice and beans with 3 meats, the gullible ones got him into power and now what we are eating or rather smoking is sugarless garri so if at all anybody should be likened to a tortoise, it is definitely uncle go slow.

May Great Khali squeeze the balls or breasts of whoever will quote me to spue nonsense.
word!
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by guttentag(m): 8:37am On Mar 22, 2016
No wahala, we dey wait so long as there is live, there is hope. We will get there
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by plaetton: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2016
247notire:
This man, how come you deserted every benue thread about how fulanis have ravaged your people?

As for your post, it shows how frustrated you are though. Like it or not GEJ was by far the best president we ever had. Say what you like but the facts are there for you to see, even if you will never admit it till you die. wink

He has classic Stockholm's Syndrome.

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by onatisi(m): 8:38am On Mar 22, 2016
Complete nonsense with fluid stupidity filled to the brim.
Who is asking Buhari to perform any magic? The op seems to be mental patient.
What Nigerians are asking for is purposeful leadership with brilliant intelligent approach.
So according to the op brain ,positive change is when a president spends 7 solid month globetrotting and yet refuse to constitute an economic team immediately after taking over
What about the budget padding ?whose fault was that? I guess the fault is from the so called op tortoise grin
What about the fake anti corruption crusade?when criminals such as amaechi and co are part of this government despite the overwhelming corruption accusations and allegations against them with enough enough evidence ? I guess it is the tortoise fault again
Has buhari spoken about Fulani criminal activities since he became president?obviously the op will say that is the tortoise fault again
Ppl should always take their time and reason well and intelligently before writing trashy articles,you are not forced to write ,if you have nothing intelligent and sensible to write about just shut up and dont insult the masses intelligence

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2016
As Clueless as Buhari

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by NaijaFutbol: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2016
So many Wailing Threads by APC.

Na wa o!
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by breakeven: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2016
This is no change. From the beginning of any change you can see signs that the change would work and be genuine. Buhari change is deceptive sectional and bias. Ibet you by the time buhari is through with his change we will be yeaning for another change from the problems he is going to cause. Any change in Nigeria that will not address the dubious federation we have whereby state will continue to come and share money every month is doomed.

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by plaetton: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2016
mrphysics:

Oh, it's time for revenge or for development?

whichever one you choose, we are the one that we suffer the outcome, Buhari won't, neither his children too.
Good.
I'm glad you realize that.

That's the more reason we should be vigilant, critical at all times, and demand accountability from whoever is in charge of our collective destiny, not prais singing and sycophancy.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Codyt(m): 8:44am On Mar 22, 2016
omenka:

Damn see finishing. ...Chai bros sofly

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by onatisi(m): 8:46am On Mar 22, 2016
NaijaFutbol:
So many Wailing Threads by APC.

Na wa o!
Infact the more they try to paint buhari white as an angel of change ,the more they damage his popularity because all the points they usually bring out in support of buhari always negates what buhari is doing. Even liar Mohammed who manufactures lies for apc with reckless abandon has run out id steam and can longer defend buhari inadequacies
and failings .even people who are been paid heavily to defend buhari are finding the job tremendously difficult because there is virtually nothing to write about or defend except boko haram issue .

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by mrphysics(m): 8:47am On Mar 22, 2016
plaetton:

Good.
I'm glad you realize that.

That's the more reason we should be vigilant, critical at all times, and demand accountability from whoever is in charge of our collective destiny, not prais singing and sycophancy.
I got your point. But everyone must not be on that frame of reference, Lest, the president will loose hope and faith.

Peter Obi At Nne Okonkwo's Burial In Anambra State (Photos) / Emmanuel Osodeke: FG Should Have Used $23m Abacha Loot To Meet ASUU's Demands / The Changes The “Not Too Young To Run” Act Will Bring To Nigerian

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55