Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah (15246 Views)

Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah / Residents Tie Tortoise To Their Electricity Pole To Scare Off PHCN Official / Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by akinsbaba2015: 9:43am On Mar 22, 2016
banio:
Useless write-up. I have been buying fuel #150 on the average since November 2015. Inflation is abound. Pure water is now #150 due to dollar scarcity. Breed, rice Infact everything has increased by 30% to 50%.

1999 Obasanjo met $3billion in our reserve, oil was sold at $20 yet we did not suffer this much.

APC met $30 billion in our reserve and an average crude price of $40, yet all we get is #BlamGEJ

APC is busy killing this con3
Did Obasanjo and the rest of the PDP presidents put this nation on the path of sustainable progress? NO. The last 6years of the PDP regime saw unprecedented levels of stealing, corruption and several cases of maladministration. The scandals and sleazes are still fresh in our memory. The PDP establishment can only bark because when it mattered they failed Nigerians and brought the nation to its knees. Accountability, probity and transparency was never their watchword. STEALING & CORRUPTION became their middlename. It was CHOP-I-CHOP all the way from serving government officials to party members. History can never be twisted and the PDP/GEJ regime was notorious for outright incompetence and weak/ineffective leadership.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Reference(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2016
plaetton:

Stop being disingenuous.

Nigerians are not demanding anything from Buhari that he and his APC did not promise.
In fact, change, immediate change, was their campaign slogan.

But let me ask you and the OP sincerely,

Looking at Buhari's budget proposal, can you honestly point out any part of the budget that portends that positive change is in the air ?

Another example, where is the change when the rule of law and the bedrock of democratic culture is being bastardized almost everyday by agents of the state ?

Pls mention anything new and positive in our politics and our economy over the last 10 months.

Let's stop deluding ourselves.

It's same old , same old racket.
Just new set of players.

Hence my slogan, 'change the game, not the players'. Now the electorate is being insulted, called tortoise after using them to get power, they are now foolish. That is why I may never vote in my life time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by anonimi: 9:48am On Mar 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
Did Obasanjo and the rest of the PDP presidents put this nation on the path of sustainable progress? NO. The last 6years of the PDP regime saw unprecedented levels of stealing, corruption and several cases of maladministration.

Was Obasanjo also president in the last six years?
Is Obasanjo not the highly favoured navigator of Buhari's APC party?
Who is FOOLING who
Only the gullible zombies are fooled, surely!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

Obasanjo shared $74million Halliburton bribe, Okiro Panel says: • OBJ also pocketed another $5 million with PDP • Interim Panel report disappeared in Aso Rock
MAY 18, 2010

President Olusegun Obasanjo, who led Nigeria from 1999-2000, during which time he swore to fight corruption in the country, obtained considerable helpings of the infamous Haliburton bribe money, the Special Investigation Panel headed by Inspector-General of Police, Mike Okiro, has declared in an interim report.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2010/05/18/obasanjo-shared-74million-halliburton-bribe-okiro-panel-says-%E2%80%A2-obj-also-pocketed-another

[img]http://ourcountryspresident.files./2009/05/halliburton-logo-big.gif[/img]
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by 9jatatafo(m): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2016
The president and APC sold the mantra change to us and this is far from the change we crave for. OP I don't know what to tell you
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by sheubaba2013: 9:51am On Mar 22, 2016
I can see wailers all around wailing like rot weller. The fact is just that we have to give pmb more time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Ehiscotch(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2016
After reading this wonderful post with valid points - very undisputable - I knew a particular sect. on NL would see bias. Rather than raise laudable & opposing views, they would digress as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by 9jatatafo(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2016
anonimi:

Who is FOOLING who

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

When PMB went to the USA canvassing for the USA to help in returning the looted billions from past administrations, one critical condition that was given to him was to try and prosecute those involved in the Halliburton scam. Those involve are very big fish and I bet my life with it that PMB don't have the balls to bring these people to justice. I have no faith in this administration to take us to the promise land when I see those behind PMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by prinsam30: 9:58am On Mar 22, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
It is right to expect immmediate change from Buhari cos that is what he promised. The disappointingg thing is that instead of leaving things as he met them in office, Buhari is busy turning things around for bad. If we continue like this, this country will collapse within two years of this Government.

You want Buhari to leave things the way they are so that the likes of dasuki and Co can continue looting the common wealth of my beloved country Abi? the dumbest comment so far, get a life or join the bandwagon
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Justmary06(f): 9:59am On Mar 22, 2016
Firefire:
"I would like to stress that the change that Nigerians want cannot be accomplished by the government at the centre alone. There will be no change in Nigeria without the involvement of the states. Unfortunately, the states are overlooked while everybody is focusing on the Federal Government, which is totally misplaced".

The post is completely nonsensical.

Where is the OP when APC and Alhaji Lie Mohammed made Nigerians to believe that the problem and solution of Nigeria rest with the President ?

Lie Mohammed during his campaign of calumny against the last administration overlooked the aspect of other tiers of government and focus only on the Federal Government. One ediot is now posting garbage with his tortoise brain asking idiotic questions.

Una never see anything... yeye fifu.

I feel so bad any time I read ignorant post like yours and worst of all when it has so many likes. It just proves the myth that blacks have low IQ. You sound like someone with a two-digits IQ but thinks he is so wise. If you prefer the previous government to the present den you are just like the tortoise mentioned in post. You expect change to be built on weak foundation becus according the yu, weak foundation has d ability to hold a building no mater how large it is. You want change, you dnt want the challenges that comes befor the change...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Firefire(m): 10:03am On Mar 22, 2016
Justmary06:

[s]I feel so bad any time I read ignorant post like yours and worst of all when it has so many likes. It just proves the myth that blacks have low IQ. You sound like someone with a two-digits IQ but thinks he is so wise. If you prefer the previous government to the present den you are just like the tortoise mentioned in post. You expect change to be built on weak foundation becus according the yu, weak foundation has d ability to hold a building no mater how large it is. You want change, you dnt want the challenges that comes befor the change[/s]...

Kid, go and read your books, Post-UTME is coming.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by prinsam30: 10:03am On Mar 22, 2016
9jatatafo:
The president and APC sold the mantra change to us and this is far from the change we crave for. OP I don't know what to tell you

u for no talk, now u don comment see as u yeye ursef... wailers everywhere
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by ooshinibos: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
The burning desire by Nigerians to see President Buhari succeed underscores the urgent expectation for change to manifest without delay. As it were, Nigerians are not disposed to being patient. Impatience is a norm. The virtue of patience is scarce and this is understandable.

Understandable in the sense that the country has been raped and bastardised and Nigerians denied the good things of life since independence. The desire for change started from October 1, 1960. That change did not come. Barely six years into independence, the country was plunged into a fierce fratricidal civil war that claimed over a million lives.

After the war ended in January 1970, and the military took over the reins of government, Nigerians continued to expect change. The civilian interregnum between October 1979 and December 1983, was a huge disappointment. The civilians re-enacted corruption and maladministration that brought back the military.

In a nutshell, from May 1967 to October 1999, a period of 32 years, Nigeria’s affairs were run by unaccountable military juntas that failed woefully to bring the expected change in the country. The country was put in a ruinous path that only a conscientious, patriotic and committed leader could reverse.

When a new democratic dispensation was birthed in October 1999 with former president, Olusegun Obasanjo of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the helm of affairs, Nigerians re-enacted the desire for change. Obasanjo had the opportunity to bring change but failed after eight years of mesmerization. Obasanjo handed the baton to President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, who unfortunately died early in his administration. Nigerians think that Yar’Adua demonstrated inklings of change with his 7-Point Agenda that never materialised.

President Goodluck Jonathan succeeded Yar’Adua but instead of continuing with the 7-Point Agenda, floated a transformation agenda, which Nigerians interpreted as another side of the same coin called change. Jonathan’s perceived personal desire to bring change failed due to the greed and avarice of the powers in PDP. Thus, for 16 years, rather than see change, Nigerians saw unthinkable sleaze and utter degradation of the country.

It is little wonder, then, that when President Muhammadu Buhari and his All Progressives Congress (APC) capitalised on the psyche of Nigerians, which is desire for change, and came up with the CHANGE mantra during the 2015 general elections, Nigerians overwhelmingly bought it. The thinking is that if Buhari, whom they already know to be a no-nonsense man, is the man who will bring the change that everybody wants, so be it.

Consequently, Buhari won the 2015 presidential election and no sooner was he sworn in on May 29, 2015 that Nigerians began to demand for the change he promised. But the change is not by magic. With the mountain of problems, he ground has to be cleared first and foundation laid upon which change would be built. But Nigerians are not ready to take excuses. They want instant change.

The proverbial tortoise is known to be the wisest animal in the animal kingdom. But sometimes, it fails to apply the wisdom when it is mostly needed. Once upon a time, the animals conspired and threw the tortoise into a pit and left him there. After one year, the animals decided to bring him out of the pit. They informed the tortoise that he would be brought out from the pit on a particular day.

Rather than be patient, knowing that his ordeal would soon end, the tortoise became restless and began to hurry the animals to bring him out without further delay, claiming that the stench in the pit was killing him. The question is, after spending one full year in the pit and didn’t die, why can’t the tortoise be patient and let the animals pull him out on the appointed day?

I see a similarity between the tortoise mentality and the attitude of Nigerians who are rushing Buhari to bring change immediately even when the administration has not implemented a single budget. Granted that we all desire change, wisdom dictates that it is unrealistic to assess a government that has four years in less than a year. I think it is more sensible to support the government and watch what it is able to accomplish in four years.

I would like to stress that the change that Nigerians want cannot be accomplished by the government at the centre alone. There will be no change in Nigeria without the involvement of the states. Unfortunately, the states are overlooked while everybody is focusing on the Federal Government, which is totally misplaced.

All the basic social amenities – water, hospital, roads, schools, health centres, etc, that we need are largely the responsibility of the state governments. Though, the Federal Government had taken it upon itself, over the years, to be in-charge of electricity, nothing stops any state government from getting involved in power generation as an independent supplier.

If each state government gets serious with power supply, the power from the centre would be negligible.

The same applies to roads. Available statistics shows that there are about 200,000 kilometres of roads in the country, out of which the total federal highways is about 34,340.90 kilometres. The states and local governments have responsibility for 165,660 kilometres of roads. If the states and local government councils do their roads, the federal roads will pave into insignificance.

It is ironic that while people lament over the dilapidated inter-state federal highways like the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Shagamu-Ore Expressway, Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, etc, no one mentions the intra-state roads that really serve the people. I can’t understand why the attention of Nigerians is always focused at the president while the governors are left out. Virtually, all the administrations that have presided over the affairs of Nigeria since independence passed through this unfortunate syndrome.

The worst set of Nigerians is those calling for the return of corruption with the hash-tag “Bring Back Our Corruption.” The promoters of this demented and crazy campaign argue that under corruption, food was cheap and life was better.

Across the civilised world, progress is made when there is rapport and understanding between the people and their leaders. There can be no progress when the leaders and the people are heading in opposite direction. Buhari’s anti-corruption war, if it succeeds, is big change that this country badly needs.

http://guardian.ng/opinion/why-nigerians-have-tortoise-mentality/

Good talk....the Nigerian Mentality is actually the problem ..even if we have a good leader ..we will still struggle ..Nigerian problems defies logic and unexplainable honestly , there is no reason why the basic amenities cannot be provided ( even with or without corruption ) by the so called government ..maybe we should try communism , definitely , democracy is not working for us ..military did not work too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by bxcode(m): 10:05am On Mar 22, 2016
Anybody who believes that this present administration will bring the desired positive change that this country seeks is really ignorant, at least one ought to see some of the pointers that will show you that change is coming, but presently we have absolutely nothing on ground. 6 months is more than enough for any sincere administration to reposition itself for the long tedious journey of change. What could they have done within 6 months? Start cutting down those inflated budgets tendencies that we are known for, slash the salaries of all ministries and those agencies directly under the executive, including that of the commander in chief and his aides and encourage the legislators to the same. Let your cabinet know that it's no longer business as usual, Nigerians will know that you are sincere once you do this because nobody has done such since independence. Once you are sure your own house is a bit realigned then go after those that has previously looted us and so on. But they won't do such, after all corruption has nothing too do with their insanely huge cost of governance when compared to acceptable world standard. 9 months into an administration and people are telling us exercise patience with them. Do you know that Nigerians are way beyond their level of patience and tolerance with our leaders since independence that at times I ask myself if we are not under some spell.
We are still very very far from fighting corruption in this country. Until we have a sincere leader at heart, we will continue going round and round in a vicious cycle.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by chrystalC(m): 10:17am On Mar 22, 2016
Tallesty1:
Buhari is a no-nonsense man with a fraudulent budget. This writer is a waste. Does he think everyone has short memory like him? It is obvious that he has forgotten that buhari gave time frame in some of his promises.

If someone says that he will do something for you every year if you elect him and you bought the lie and vote for him, won't you complain when the first year is about to run out and you haven't seen anything?

But his now wasting funds in oil exploration in the north Now he's watching herdsmen destroy farms and farms products. From you farm, government buys to you farm, fulani men kills you and burn your house and you still expect people to be patient?

He promised to create but we are seeing is loss of jobs instead.

But now I am speechless.

but what we see now is destruction of homes in benue state and you still expect Nigeria no be patient?

No! It doesn't work that way. He saw Nigerians eating beans with one meat and He said NO! You deserve better, make me the head and you will start eating rice and beans with 3 meats, the gullible ones got him into power and now what we are eating or rather smoking is sugarless garri so if at all anybody should be likened to a tortoise, it is definitely uncle go slow.

May Great Khali squeeze the balls or breasts of whoever will quote me to spue nonsense.

My Guy inshort i am short of words for ur concrete nd staunch reasons. God must blees yhu even if u dnt want to be blessed... Let dem cook up all sorta rubbish as excuse, we are patiently waiting for 2019
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by onatisi(m): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2016
chinchum:
[s]Yes, GEJ's failures will always come up, most expecially when his army of supporters are the critics of the current day government. Obama admin never failed to remind his critics of the infamous decision of the bush's admin decision to go to war in iraq .

When you talk about low power supply, and blame a less than 10 months admin, we will be forced to ask you what happened to the constant power supply by GEJ in 5 and half years in an oil boom era?

Where are the refineries that could have stopped importation of refined oil products for over 5 years of GEJ in an oil boom era?

Most of you lots only want to deride him and subconciously see him fail to satisfy your shattered ego. [/s]
The problem with most of you supporters of buhari is that you have brains but refuse to use it.
Reading and understanding simple language has become too problematic for u especially when it concerns criticism of Buhari ineptitude. Read my post again and show me where I said buhari should change things within 10 months ?
At times it is totally pointless discussing with you online apc fanatics

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Mustay(m): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2016
nd07:
I don't like insulting people but if I'm to define ds OP in one word, he is what I know as "bumkum" he' d better keep ds nonsense to his brain instead of airing his biased mind & myopia. though I still respect his good English but his analysis is baseless & stinking. more of Buhari apologetic than whatever he is claiming in his post. why didn't he advice such in previous government that held more promises than d current. why didn't he advice Buhari when their campaign was loudmouthing all sorts of unrealistic promises to be achieved in a short space of time. why calling Nigerians tortoise-like thinkers when we r seeing a lot of all ds promises being denied that either they were not said or we should not expect it. is d OP not d tortoise who is known in d animal kingdom as a deceiver? well since u want us to still trust ds government or have d state & local government share our expectations okay. another Lai Muh in d making.

Are you referring to OP or Luke? COs if this was in reference to Luke, then this shows not that you read his articles. He's been writing for Guardian for a long time, long enough to know what he wrote during campaign seasons.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Ijaya123: 10:26am On Mar 22, 2016
This article should actually be directed to the wailing buffoons
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by onatisi(m): 10:28am On Mar 22, 2016
sheubaba2013:
I can see wailers all around wailing like rot weller. The fact is just that we have to give pmb more time.

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by VictorRomanov: 10:30am On Mar 22, 2016
gratiaeo:

That is what the useless writer is missing

Naaa! The writer isn't useless. He's just expressing an opinion without considering all sides. That's why we re here to just let him see it from another point of view. grin
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2016
plaetton:

I laugh when jesters like you say that budget has not been implemented to bring about positive change.

So you agree that a Budget is the blueprint for a regime's economic philosophy, an encapsulation of their political philosophy, economic prudence and ethical probity ?
Right sir?

Then, you must be living in la la Toothfairy land if you think that a Budget that has disappeared and appeared, contains padded figures, duplicated items, contains phantom expenses like rent in ASO Rock, N39b for propaganda and N29b for agriculture, N876m for website update, and so on and so forth,.. that this budget, this blueprint for GRAND THEFT , is going to bring positive change to Nigeria, then you sir, must living in the grandest delusion in an alternate universe.
don't waste your time arguing with omenka, baba has taken over all his senses lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by LordIsaac(m): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2016
God bless the OP, God bless President Buhari, God bless Nairaland!
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by sammhi(m): 10:49am On Mar 22, 2016
Mr Luke, you started well but ended badly
1. there is no any anti corruption war..what I see is a political war covered as anti corruption
2. No one is saying PMB should by now turn the country into eldorado but truth is we are not seeing movement that shows there is difference BTW his govt and past ones. His appointments so far has been more of a reward than an attempt at nation building .
3. Afta almost one year in office, there is no single achievement.. infact to conduct a free and fair elections is now a mirage. is that due to past adminstration huge problem left behind too?
4. Don't make excuses for him..., he had been eager to become president for 12 year, yet it is very no concrete agenda on ground.
5 You appear more of an apologist than a critical thinker...and is a shame that your conclusions are biased , myopic, shallow and quite unfortunate.
the Rivers re run proved that PMB is not honest and is more politically interested than in governance.
A man who has more governance principle will ensure a free, fair elections but what we see is a desperate to conquer political no matter the cost.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by 9jatatafo(m): 10:55am On Mar 22, 2016
prinsam30:

u for no talk, now u don comment see as u yeye ursef... wailers everywhere

Hahahahahaha. We dey observe things as dem dey go

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by akinsbaba2015: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2016
anonimi:

Who is FOOLING who

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452 Obasanjo fell out with GEJ and the PDP called his bluff, he certainly was no navigator of the APC. He openly tore his membership card and said goodbye to partisan politics. If he endorsed PMB that was within his right as a Nigeria and one of the most vocal ex-presidents around. Don't be fooled by petty sentiments. Nigeria was stagnant while its earnings grew through the 16years of the PDP. The realities are certainly with us.

Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 22, 2016
tyson99:
Useless write up
Useless poster
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Sharp9: 11:21am On Mar 22, 2016
the problem that this particular govt has is that they promised change with dates attached to some of them and people expect them meet up with d dates , eg ending of boko haram , 1 million houses every yr, 5k, school meal programme etc. I know, there are changes that will take like 2 to 3 years to manifest but for people to have patience, you only need to make them to have trust and confidence in the govt by obeying court orders, presenting a credible budget,calling fulani men to order, stop innocent killings going around the country,drugs in our hospitals, good economic policies, strong institutions etc. All these will only take few months for a reasonable govt to work them out.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by IjebuEconomics: 11:23am On Mar 22, 2016
ijapa tiroko oko yannibo
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by olad54: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2016
I totally agree what you wrote in your article. nigerians complain about everything. what do Nigerians do to help the country advance and progress economically ? everybody wants the government to provide everything for them.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by rottennaija(m): 11:48am On Mar 22, 2016
chocolateme:
According to your topic caption; which particular Nigerians reasons like tortoise? Specify them.. Oh!! You mean the number one citizen? Ok I see!.

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM

Did you not read? Oh... You didn't. Have you not heard of # bring back our corruption.? This are the ones reasoning like tortoise
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Reference(m): 11:53am On Mar 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
Did Obasanjo and the rest of the PDP presidents put this nation on the path of sustainable progress? NO. The last 6years of the PDP regime saw unprecedented levels of stealing, corruption and several cases of maladministration. The scandals and sleazes are still fresh in our memory. The PDP establishment can only bark because when it mattered they failed Nigerians and brought the nation to its knees. Accountability, probity and transparency was never their watchword. STEALING & CORRUPTION became their middlename. It was CHOP-I-CHOP all the way from serving government officials to party members. History can never be twisted and the PDP/GEJ regime was notorious for outright incompetence and weak/ineffective leadership.

I know democracy is relatively new in Nigeria so some pardonable gaffes but pally, if the PDP put Nigeria on a sustainable path there will have been no need to change them. People don't vote for fun. They vote to promote their interests. That is why many can't understand the complaint by the APC about the bad precedence.

If my torchlight is dim or my car loses its reliability. I change it and I expect to get a better one and not being called a tortoise by my salesman. The same argument was made by the PDP, that we should be patient. We said no. We want change. If the APC had said, look folks, we will take 4, 8, 12, infact 16 years like the PDP had, will they have won?

Mark you. It wasn't a landslide victory. It was 55:45 at the end. What tipped it in favour many argue was the 'military badge' Buhari wore. That he could get things done sharp sharp, aka hit the ground running. Which one be tortoise talk now. Salesman show me the goods. Time for talk is over.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah by Reference(m): 12:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
With 300 years of democracy Obama still met a comatose US economy with record debts yet he set out his stall and got to work immediately. Within ONE YEAR, the banks and auto industry returned to black and started repaying bail-out loans. In Nigeria the APC is still blaming George Bush squandermania in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Okay. So by 2019 when another person comes and promises us 1 naira to 10 dollars and 1 million megawatts of electricity and an edict to abolish bride price what do you want us to say.....answer na, yes or no. APC, na una dey set standard oh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anti-Buhari Comment: Pastor Bakare Is Becoming A Nuisance By Tunde Odesola / Eugene Aliegba And John Tion Defect To APC, Dump PDP In Benue / Amara Iwuayanwu Reinstated As Deputy Speaker Of Imo House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.