Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? (17616 Views)

Married Men Only-how Do You Cope Without Sex / For Experienced Married Men Only / Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by gentleheart1(f): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
Sorry o @op i know your question is for Men only but i hope you dont mind my doing small amebo on your thread since i be woman.

I think most Men within that age bracket are unmarried because of fear and not having enough money to take care of responsibilities that comes with marriage.
Some ladies are also scared of marriage too e.g moi.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
obiak4:
not mentally prepared to live in the same house with a wom an(my second mother, my princess, my bedmate,my soul mate)
don't want to end up being a divorce most ladies nowadays don't know what they want
my spec are as follows
100% FIDELITY
older than me plus 30-32

should not wear earnings or attachment whatsoever

UNTIL I MEET HER I WOULD ENJOY BEEN SINGLE
BLESSED BE
You want a lady older than you? Are you for real? undecided I hope it is not what am thinking...pls elaborate/elucidate on the older lady part.
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
gentleheart1:
Sorry o @op i know your question is for Men only but i hope you dont mind my doing small amebo on your thread since i be woman.

I think most Men within that age bracket are unmarried because of fear and not having enough money to take care of responsibilities that comes with marriage.
Some ladies are also scared of marriage too e.g moi.
oooh Men and women share responsibilities in most marriages. So they shouldn't be scared. My acquaintance told me that he had better savings when he got married. Not just because the wife was also working but because he had a different lifestyle that really changed his spendthrift attitude....thanks for sharing your idea..."guys only" tongue
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dyt:

Marxxx
Come and answer ooo

It don't take time for men you know
what question? Na you give me girlfriend? I was wooing you and you were doing shakara tongue...."GUYS ONLY"
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
herboshedhe:
www.nairaland.com/2901535/should-continue-relationship-25-only

grin this post suppose the best thread of the year
seems you did a lot of digging...funny you

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
MRBrownJ:

it works for ME, now care to finally answer my question: why do YOU believe that this piece of paper would make any difference in anybody's life?
I don't joke with opinions, I jot them down. This piece of paper will make a difference in my life. I can compare opinions and then try to see where I am missing it. Everyone those not have the luxury of thinking about some issues. Opinions from others can go a long way
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
jashar:

Forgerrit mehn.... I don land. even caveat emptor can't move me grin. I'm as immovable as a steelpost. kiss
I hope you won't cause trouble. Pls no dating dating, make move make move....loool...I trust your day was good?
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Dyt(f): 9:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
Marxxx:
what question? Na you give me girlfriend? I was wooing you and you were doing shakara tongue...."GUYS ONLY"

Goan siddon
Alakori
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by jashar(f): 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
Marxxx:
I hope you won't cause trouble. Pls no dating dating, make move make move....loool...I trust your day was good?
grin. 'I solemnly swear I'm up to no good'. grin

Kaiiii.... I suffered today oo. no be small. cry

Yours?
Btw, wetin you bring come from Sydney? Don't tell me I went on official purposes. tongue
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 25, 2016
Marxxx:
wow this is amazing. But don't you feel the need for a partner? I mean your kids are quite young what if something happens to you tomorrow, on whose shoulder would they lean on? Who do you choose as your next of kin in any contract stuff? I believe you are still interested in having a wife...I will appreciate your response
she can b in d lives of kids if she chooses to, but dat doesn't necessarily mean i must marry her. If d reverse is d case i would hire a nanny until d kids re grown up
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by obiak4(m): 4:54am On Mar 25, 2016
Marxxx:
You want a lady older than you? Are you for real? undecided I hope it is not what am thinking...pls elaborate/elucidate on the older lady part.
nope it not sugar mummy or such stuff have always dated ladies that are older than me probably because am a lucky guy lolz
they are very understanding and wouldn't cheat easily unlike younger ladies (specially those from the South South lord forgive me)
you just have to respect them and treat them like Queen that they are,
bro when I mean older ladies I mean babes that are older than me but have the stature and brain of Leonard de Capiro

beauty is vain, but a woman that fears the lord is .................

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 8:17am On Mar 25, 2016
obiak4:

nope it not sugar mummy or such stuff have always dated ladies that are older than me probably because am a lucky guy lolz
they are very understanding and wouldn't cheat easily unlike younger ladies (specially those from the South South lord forgive me)
you just have to respect them and treat them like Queen that they are,
bro when I mean older ladies I mean babes that are older than me but have the stature and brain of Leonard de Capiro

beauty is vain, but a woman that fears the lord is .................
wow, dude you need to think carefully about what you wish for. She takes care of you while dating doesn't mean it will be so while married. I won't approve of a man dating or getting married to an older lady. Unless she is the one marrying you. Well it's choice. But ensure you work well make a reasonable amount of money and then see if you still have the urge of an older lady. Most people (especially africans) marry older ladies because of financial benefits don't follow that path.
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 8:20am On Mar 25, 2016
jashar:

grin. 'I solemnly swear I'm up to no good'. grin

Kaiiii.... I suffered today oo. no be small. cry

Yours?
Btw, wetin you bring come from Sydney? Don't tell me I went on official purposes. tongue
what happened? Traffic? I had a great day. I brought books cheesy
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 8:22am On Mar 25, 2016
tongue, how is your prince? I trust he is kicking?
Dyt:

Goan siddon
Alakori
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Dyt(f): 8:33am On Mar 25, 2016
Marxxx:
tongue, how is your prince? I trust he is kicking?

My champion is excellent

How's the holiday coming?
I love holidays
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 8:41am On Mar 25, 2016
Dyt:

My champion is excellent

How's the holiday coming?
I love holidays
Me too, I just hope I don't get bored
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Dyt(f): 8:44am On Mar 25, 2016
Marxxx:
Me too, I just hope I don't get bored

Go out
Have fun
New movies showing
Go AY live
Have fun and stop living like a man with no smile * don't wnna use that heavy word*

Jashar
Tell him how to have fun
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 8:50am On Mar 25, 2016
Dyt:

Go out
Have fun
New movies showing
Go AY live
Have fun and stop living like a man with no smile * don't wnna use that heavy word*

Jashar
Tell him how to have fun
funny you...I want to get married soon. So I will be doing a lot of thinking and planning. perhaps I will start dishing out letters for recommendation. Don't say it's archaic/old fashion...
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Dyt(f): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2016
Marxxx:
funny you...I want to get married soon. So I will be doing a lot of thinking and planning. perhaps I will start dishing out letters for recommendation. Don't say it's archaic/old fashion...

Wish you well on your journey to a life time happiness
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by jashar(f): 9:09am On Mar 25, 2016
Marxxx:
what happened? Traffic? I had a great day. I brought books cheesy

ehen, what kind of books? Hope it's not the 'getting more out of the day' grin kind?

Sis Dyt say I should tell you how to have fun. I garner you're an intense person; a strong MelChlor.

Cheeeeiiiiii, where does one start with such a high handed personality. But despair not, there's hope. grin
Do you have sociable friends? That's the 1st step. Hang out with good friends. Not the kind that will take you to bar ooo and finish your destiny. But the kind that have good clean fun, like mine kiss. (shout out to my friends).
Movies, beach, games, gists, travel and tours....
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Jiteshell(f): 9:49am On Mar 25, 2016
As usual Marxx's thread always deviate from the topic it was opened to discuss, anyway I am enjoying the gist, not complaining.
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by obiak4(m): 10:58am On Mar 25, 2016
Marxxx:
wow, dude you need to think carefully about what you wish for. She takes care of you while dating doesn't mean it will be so while married. I won't approve of a man dating or getting married to an older lady. Unless she is the one marrying you. Well it's choice. But ensure you work well make a reasonable amount of money and then see if you still have the urge of an older lady. Most people (especially africans) marry older ladies because of financial benefits don't follow that path.
did I hear you say financial benefits!!!!!!!! no bro I gat my hustle Right am not depending on any woman for financial benefit that how my brain is wired
dating an older lady is rewarding if and only if you both show each other MUTUAL RESPECT she will NOT disrespect you if you don't deserved to be disrespected..

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by MRBrownJ: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
Marxxx:
I don't joke with opinions, I jot them down. This piece of paper will make a difference in my life. I can compare opinions and then try to see where I am missing it. Everyone those not have the luxury of thinking about some issues. Opinions from others can go a long way

bro, is it so difficult for you to give me a clear and simple answer?!
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by MRBrownJ: 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
gentleheart1:

I think most Men within that age bracket are unmarried because of fear and not having enough money to take care of responsibilities that comes with marriage. Some ladies are also scared of marriage too e.g moi.

what are the marriage responsibilities that you are talking about?
- if a single man lives in a 1 bedroom apt, cant he get married and STILL live there with his spouse, until their finances are better and they can get a bigger place and possibly have kids?
- if a man has just enough money for 3 square meals a day, and so does his future bride, cant they get married and continue living on 3 square meals, until their finances get better and they can start having kids that they can feed?

we can clearly see that the MEANING of marriage is different for some... as if anyone needs money to get married, lol! money is needed in order to have a LIFE (home/food/clothing etc), and if anyone, whether man or woman, cant take care of their basic LIFE's needs, then they have no business seeking to get married, as their PRIORITY would be to get a LIFE. sadly, lazy women of today believe that this is men's duty, while any man should know that anyone without their "life" in order, shouldnt be valued as a possible partner, as they will be a LIABILITY to any union. so women (and men), get your LIVES in order before seeking for a mate.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by gentleheart1(f): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:

- if a single man lives in a 1 bedroom apt, cant he get married and STILL live there with his spouse, until their finances are better and they can get a bigger place and possibly have kids?
- if a man has just enough money for 3 square meals a day, and so does his future bride, cant they get married and continue living on 3 square meals, until their finances get better and they can start having kids that they can feed?

we can clearly see that the MEANING of marriage is different for some... as if anyone needs money to get married, lol! money is needed in order to have a LIFE (home/food/clothing etc), and if anyone, whether man or woman, cant take care of their basic LIFE's needs, then they have no business seeking to get married, as their PRIORITY would be to get a LIFE. sadly, lazy women of today believe that this is men's duty, while any man should know that anyone without their "life" in order, shouldnt be valued as a possible partner, as they will be a LIABILITY to any union. so women (and men), get your LIVES in order before seeking for a mate.

Dont get me wrong please, i am sorry i dont fall into the categories of ladies you are reffering. Aside my job i have a very little business which is not yielding money yet but i am very proud of it.

And again what do you mean by a man who lives in a room getting married? Dont get it twisted yes the woman has to contribute to running of the home but a huge percentage of it has to come from the man.

And yes a man living in a room shouldnt think of marriage until he is ready.
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by edwife(f): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:

I couldn't help but appreciate this post.

Not only do men and women should get their lives in order but also be contented with that life. Many go into marriage expecting things to improve enormously without putting in work. If you desire a better life, you need to work for it and not demand it. Marriage is partnership.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by MRBrownJ: 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
gentleheart1:

Dont get me wrong please, i am sorry i dont fall into the categories of ladies you are reffering. Aside my job i have a very little business which is not yielding money yet but i am very proud of it.

And again what do you mean by a man who lives in a room getting married? Dont get it twisted yes the woman has to contribute to running of the home but a huge percentage of it has to come from the man.

And yes a man living in a room shouldnt think of marriage until he is ready.

so what you are saying is that, if a man lives in a 1 room apt, where there is a bedroom with king size bed, sitting room, kitchen and bathroom, this man CANNOT get married because this house isnt big enough for 2 people?!
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by gentleheart1(f): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:

so what you are saying is that, if a man lives in a 1 room apt, where there is a bedroom with king size bed, sitting room, kitchen and bathroom, this man CANNOT get married because this house isnt big enough for 2 people?!

Oh well the decison should be between the man and the wife,its ok if they dont want their relatives and friends visiting. What if their parents wants to come spend some days and there is no extra room for them to stay?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by MRBrownJ: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
gentleheart1:

Oh well the decison should be between the man and the wife,its ok if they dont want their relatives and friends visiting. What if their parents wants to come spend some days and there is no extra room for them to stay?

marriage is about the union of a man and a woman, and their priorities should be about them, and only them. if they have enough to satisfy THEMSELVES then so be it. family and friends can sleep on the sofa bed in the sitting room (or better yet, stay at a hotel nearby), UNTIL this married couple get their finances together and get a bigger place... but if you believe that such flimsy excuse (such as space for friend/family visiting), is a reason why 2 loving and caring people SHOULDNT get married, then i am sorry to say that your idea/reason for marriage are clouded.

but as you said, to each their own.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 26, 2016
No steady job. graduated from d faculty of Eng Managed a second class upper. Done with Nysc. 28 on d dot. bae left and got married early this year.
Dats y.
d world is not friendly

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
For those that can afford to, for many its the fear of commitment cool

And its more difficult for guys who have everything because they don't really know if the lady they are dating is with them for who they are or just for the money.
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by jashar(f): 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
obikirinoni:
No steady job.
graduated from d faculty of Eng
Managed a second class upper.
Done with Nysc.
28 on d dot.
bae left and got married early this year.

Dats y.

d world is not friendly

cry Pele dear. The world may not be friendly, but in an unfriendly world, know that God's love is sure and constant.
True, you may not feel it or His presence, but His comfort is readily available to all who ask. Jesus never promised us a smooth ride on this side of life what He promised is the strength and grace to make it through the hurdles of life coming out strong.

Extra Mega Hug.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 13 Years Of Marriage / Nigerians And Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.