Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW (12939 Views)

Danger Ahead As IPOB Demand For Kanu "Dead Or Alive " From Govt. / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by disloman(m): 8:21am On Mar 25, 2016
Before opening the thread,I knew it is from vanguard.Are they now working in the Power ministry?The power drop no affect mi ooooo.Still having power since yesterday ooo

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Tallesty1(m): 8:22am On Mar 25, 2016
LudaChriz:
I could remember vividly how the duo of Fashola and Osinbajo were "mouth wetting" during campaign periods that power generation is not a rocket science.

One would think that these men have the master plan to give us 24 hours power supply ones elected; but Lo & behold, reverse is the case.

The "power supply is not a rocket science" chant was all in an attempt to paint GEJ as clueless and confused before the masses; but down inside them they know quite well that they do not have the solution to our epileptic power supply.

To them now they have succeeded in rooting GEJ out by scamming the populace and they will be calling themselves great politicians. Hmmm, they forget two things - God & karma. We shall see what becomes of APC at the end of it all
The will soon go back to playing opposition. That's the only thing they can do better.

3 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 25, 2016
We know things are tough, says APC chairman, We are not able to provide solutions for Nigerians — APC
https://www.thecable.ng/know-things-tough-says-apc-chairman?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5209777661

We Are Enjoying APC Administration, Buhari has achieved alot! – APC Zombies

Contradicting themselves grin.

2 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Koleman(m): 8:24am On Mar 25, 2016
As usual na vanguard. Always in a hurry to bring bad news....as of yesterday morning it was 4000 then drops to 2000 by midday....i wonder wetin go happen today...maybe by midday today it rises again.

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by danidee10(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2016
The best solution is to let all states or regions generate their power....there are a lot of Rivers in many states that could be used to generate hydroelectric power instead people are shi*ting inside it

2 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by jidxin(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2016
again anyway dats change.. apc is dynamic dey kip changing negativly
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by lomprico(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2016
gbaskiboy:
South Africa, Libya and many other countries in africa enjoy stable power supply, what hold the giant of them to achieve this? Everyday the mega power generated keeps fluctuating, and nothing could be done to curb it. Everyday Thousands of Generators keep flooding our market and we hope to achieve steady power supply. I weep for this country, PDP, APC and other minority parties they are all failure non are capable to ends even the most simplest problem we have in this country. If situation can continue this way our future progeny should expect worse, I weep for my country, I weep for APC for false propaganda and promises, I weep for PDP for complete 16 years in power all they can achieve is corruption.

Its not the politicians or apc or pdp's fault! These people are born to be corrupt. Our problem is the justice system and the police. If this two institutions can be fixed and incorruptible, thing will start taking shape.

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by drhabeeb99: 8:31am On Mar 25, 2016
I don't understand this country so u mean the 10 hrs of stable power supply I dey enjoy for hostel go soon go . chaii ..make them let us finish exam abeg
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by godoluwa(m): 8:31am On Mar 25, 2016
nnachukz:
Body language is becoming increasingly useless. EEDC brought a bill to my flat last week, I almost ran mad in anger because for a month and two weeks now they have not supplied light to my area so I couldn't understand how and where they got a bill of N8500. I have to gone to their office and told them I can't pay for what I didn't use and if I see any of them tempering with my cables it won't go down well with me and the person.
bro, get prepaid meter. I recharged 10k since January & Im yet to use half of my money. I have not had cummulative of 20hrs of electricity supply this month.
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by drhabeeb99: 8:31am On Mar 25, 2016
I don't understand this country so u mean the 10 hrs of stable power supply I dey enjoy for hostel go soon go . chaii ..make them let us finish exam abeg #ConcernedLasuite
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by harsysky(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2016
If only the white had ruled this 55 yrs we might have gotten it right. Naija leaders are making us think that blacks ain't fit to be leaders.

To be frank, power isn't rocket science. When you have the full resources and capability to have constant electricity, it isn't rocket science. It's only that when you don't have the resources.

People on here would go on to say we over depend on the govt without knowing that if a govt is bad or is not doing it alright, it affects almost everybody.

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by olas24u(f): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2016
Pidggin:
55 years after independence we are still battling with this issue, when will we get it right sad

It is a deliberate act to make us unproductive and import dependent .55 years is not a joke and still having 3000 mega watts , We will never be able to generate electricity We need home grown solutions to destroy this evil people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by megareal: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2016
No light in my area for like 3 weeks. This new drop means we fit no see light for eternity.

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by kinzation(m): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2016
Pidggin:
55 years after independence we are still battling with this issue, when will we get it right sad
Vision 2030 grin

2 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by poseidon12: 8:38am On Mar 25, 2016
Pidggin:

When you and I and the rest of us Nigerians start voting right, especially at the national level. When Nigerians decide to demand for political restructuring into a true federal system with resource control.

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by dunkem21(m): 8:42am On Mar 25, 2016
disloman:
Before opening the thread,I knew it is from vanguard.Are they now working in the Power ministry?The power drop no affect mi ooooo.Still having power since yesterday ooo

A screen shot of your freezer cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by naijaboiy: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2016
As I dey read this news Naso Nepa just carry light. sad

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Arnoldo(m): 8:45am On Mar 25, 2016
LudaChriz:
I could remember vividly how the duo of Fashola and Osinbajo were "mouth wetting" during campaign periods that power generation is not a rocket science.

One would think that these men have the master plan to give us 24 hours power supply ones elected; but Lo & behold, reverse is the case.

The "power supply is not a rocket science" chant was all in an attempt to paint GEJ as clueless and confused before the masses; but down inside them they know quite well that they do not have the solution to our epileptic power supply.

To them now they have succeeded in rooting GEJ out by scamming the populace and they will be calling themselves great politicians. Hmmm, they forget two things - God & karma. We shall see what becomes of APC at the end of it all
thank God u can remember that..nw dat barr fashola is handling engineering wrk him don smell shit...can sm1 pls tell buhari his body odour is killing us..we no want body lang again o

2 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by poseidon12: 8:46am On Mar 25, 2016
godoluwa:
bro, get prepaid meter. I recharged 10k since January & Im yet to use half of my money. I have not had cummulative of 20hrs of electricity supply this month.

Where will he get prepaid meter from? PHCN is deliberately preventing customers from getting one. If all customers get prepaid meters, PHCN will not be able to pay salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Arnoldo(m): 8:46am On Mar 25, 2016
LudaChriz:

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by PHIPEX(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2016
"Good governance is not rocket science"....Fashola 2015

2 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2016
I have told this yeye country to allow states and zones generate transmit and distribute their own power so that power issue can be resolved bit by bit.. What kind of foolish country is this... The most foolish i must say.. angry.... We keep running the same template and expecting different results... We hope that a so called minister can solve the diverse power problem in nigeria... What then will our governors be doing....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 25, 2016
If you want power plenty....you have to pay for it.

My two cents.
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by nbright: 8:52am On Mar 25, 2016
Zombies will be like.
Quakertellicus1:
If you want power plenty....you have to pay for it.
My two cents.

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by obailala(m): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2016
Jirate:

This is very Painful. Their inability to maintain anything Good left behind by their predecessor. They are all a Bunch of Foooools as far as I am concerned. They should learn to give credit to GEJ whenever it is necessary rather than always eager to rubbish his name and legacy, when they know within them selves that they will never be able to out perform him.
You are joking right?.. or is this just you being ignorant? .... what kind of power infrastructure did jonathan leave behind?.... the same power indrastructure that randomly falls to about 2000mw at random?... Is this pile of mess not the exact legacy GEJ left behind?.... How can humans deceive themselves so much to the point of believing their own deceit?

http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/05/10/power-supply-drops-to-2345mw/

The above link is a report of power dropping to its lowest ever of 2345mw in May 2015, just weeks before GEJ handed over; so the credits to be given to GEJ is for what exactly?... for spending well over 5 years and giving Nigeria such rotten power infrastructure that randomly swings power from highs to below 2000mw at will but you think such is a legacy to be celebrated and the man a hero that should have been allowed to continue destroying us?

Meanwhile you think a new PMB who just got his first budget passed 2 days ago has already failed but you do not think a man who spent over 5 years and passed on a rotten infrastructure had failed?... and you want credits to be given for this failure??... your case of do or die followership is quite irredeemable. Tufiakwa!

On the topic, the new government has 3 more years to redeem itself, if not, PDP might just be coming back to continue their destruction and money sharing. Fashola where are you?
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by godoluwa(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2016
poseidon12:

Where will he get prepaid meter from? PHCN is deliberately preventing customers from getting one. If all customers get prepaid meters, PHCN will not be able to pay salaries.
I had mine about 4yrs ago though it took PHCN about 2yrs to deliver the meter after payment.
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by poseidon12: 8:54am On Mar 25, 2016
olas24u:

It is a deliberate act to make us unproductive and import dependent .55 years is not a joke and still having 3000 mega watts , We will never be able to generate electricity We need home grown solutions to destroy this evil people.

What do you mean by home grown solutions? The main reason we are not able to get anything right, including power generation, is because we have a dysfunctional political structure. We are running a unitary system of government. If we don't fix the dysfunctional political structure, we will never get anything right. We will just be wasting our time.
No leader can transform Nigeria without political restructuring.

4 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2016
poseidon12:

When you and I and the rest of us Nigerians start voting right, especially at the national level. When Nigerians decide to demand for political restructuring into a true federal system with resource control.
nigeria would remain a foolish country forever if we dont sit up and practice regionalism... I had to argue with a colleague at the office... We cant continue to expect a so called power minister to provide us with electricity while our governors sit back...

Years ago in bayelsa when the state was not part of the national grid shittt we enjoyed uninterrupted power supply for months... Bayelsa state ran gas turbines that provided enough energy to sustain the state.. It was all good until bayelsa was made to connect to the devilish national grid and gbam power issues... Nigeria is definitely cursed not to progress...when would all states and zones be given the autonomous power to generate and distrubute power so that a clueless fashola can go back home being a SAN angry... How can we be talking about transmission and distrubution issues at this day and age when Johannesburg alone consumes 5 times the power generated for over 150million people in our cursed nation... Its pathetic...

Nonsense

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by poseidon12: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2016
godoluwa:
I had mine about 4yrs ago though it took PHCN about 2yrs to deliver the meter after payment.

That's the problem. They told me they will deliver in 6 months after payment. And we are really not supposed to pay for the meter. It's supposed to be the property of PHCN.
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by godoluwa(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2016
poseidon12:

That's the problem. They told me they will deliver in 6 months after payment. And we are really not supposed to pay for the meter. It's supposed to be the property of PHCN.
They(PHCN) are nt sincere at all.
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Smooyis(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2016
I refuse to be bothered. It can't be worse than it is.
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by UjSizzle(f): 9:05am On Mar 25, 2016
*sigh*
I need to buy kerosene and clean up the lamp... maybe buy a new lamp too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sulaiman Bakari Picks Nomination Form For House Of Representatives / Our Support For Buhari, Not Atiku ― Action Alliance‎ Denies Endorsing Atiku / ''I Am Solidly Behind Buhari Over Onnoghen’s Suspension''- Governor El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.