Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW (12937 Views)

Danger Ahead As IPOB Demand For Kanu "Dead Or Alive " From Govt. / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Andrewmark(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
nnachukz:
Body language is becoming increasingly useless. EEDC brought a bill to my flat last week, I almost ran mad in anger because for a month and two weeks now they have not supplied light to my area so I couldn't understand how and where they got a bill of N8500. I have gone to their office and told them I can't pay for what I didn't use and if I see any of them tempering with my cables it won't go down well with me and the person.

Take It easy my bro
Me also dey experience amm Oooo
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by blackprowler: 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
IzonOwei:
I have told this yeye country to allow states and zones generate transmit and distribute their own power so that power issue can be resolved bit by bit.. What kind of foolish country is this... The most foolish i must say.. angry.... We keep running the same template and expecting different results... We hope that a so called minister can solve the diverse power problem in nigeria... What then will our governors be doing....

Sometimes I'm pushed to wonder if there's a conspiracy among people in power to force Nigeria to fail. I don't get it at all. Indeed power isn't rocket science. What you said is spot on and I've had a long post on this some days or weeks ago here. I deal in alternative energy solutions and I know what's possible. I'm dying of no patronage in a country dying to get what I offer. Is this some kind of joke?

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by blackprowler: 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
poseidon12:

What do you mean by home grown solutions? The main reason we are not able to get anything right, including power generation, is because we have a dysfunctional political structure. We are running a unitary system of government. If we don't fix the dysfunctional political structure, we will never get anything right. We will just be wasting our time.
No leader can transform Nigeria without political restructuring.

Strictly speaking on the power issue, it's not true. Unlike the State Police issue, the Federal Government has not prevented any state from generating and distributing power to its residents. The states just dont want to spend extra money to create their own distribution network. Even at that, the simple solar solution will change the face of Nigeria but the government refuses to consider that. People will generate their own power and upload to the grid and get paid. The govt still insists on 20th century models.
On your political issue, forget that: it is laziness. There is no political structuring that Nigeria has adopted that is unique to Nigeria. It's all copy-copy. Every single one og them works elsewhere but not in Nigeria. I concede that we would be better of with some adjustments, but the problem with Nigeria is the Nigerian mind and not anything external to it
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by oloriooko(m): 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
The most annoying part of thus issue is that power tarrif has been increased amidst increased power outages but the NLC is totally silent about it, i thought we were going to occupy again like GEJs' tenure angry

Our lobour leaders have been bribed angry

2 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by charlesucheh(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Haba!!! Just light o! Pump money once into that sector is what is so difficult for these govt dudes! That ROUND HAT OGoGORO drinking Otueke man of an Ex-president did the privatization Nonsense and still yields no result. To me, I still feel power. Distribution should reside solely in the hands of the government period!!!

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by feaworaoja007: 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
ZZ22:
Are you sure your human? To make sure your human type this captcha below.... ZoMb1E
wicked!
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by qualityalone: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
siraj1402:
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting for an angel. So I never expected a miracle, I voted for change not magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in a year..... #I_Stand_With_Buhari

ur problem is pretence. just tell urself the truth n b free

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Returns To Abuja After Official Visits To Saudi And Bissau / Sulaiman Bakari Picks Nomination Form For House Of Representatives / Our Support For Buhari, Not Atiku ― Action Alliance‎ Denies Endorsing Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.