Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Why APC Lost In Rivers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why APC Lost In Rivers (33502 Views)

"What Do You Think Is The Most Important Quality In A Leader And Why?" - APC / Retired Army Officers: We Served In States Where APC Lost To PDP, Vow To Fight S / Rotimi Amechi:the Only Reason Why Apc Lost Rivers Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by oairhunmwunde: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
tuale4u:
APC lost because of only one thing, d sentiments of GEJ loss. Majority are still bitter. That bitterness over GEJ loss is d reason rivers people wont Even Vote Apostle Paul as APC candidate but will vote Herod as PDP candidate.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Blizzy9ja: 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
tuale4u:
APC lost because of only one thing, d sentiments of GEJ loss. Majority are still bitter. That bitterness over GEJ loss is d reason rivers people wont Even Vote Apostle Paul as APC candidate but will vote Herod as PDP candidate.
Cow is GEJ from Rivers state?... APC can't win Rivers state same reason PDP has never won Lagos state

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by macaranta(m): 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

I agree wit u to an extend. But I want to inform u that despite our annoyance, Amaechi caused apc's failure. Almost everybody in my house, friends and even I heard someof the voters saying it open that 19th of March; that Amaechi coming down to insult Jonathan again during the campaign to the rerun and asking us to disgrace Jonathan was a pride took too far. We were so angry with him insulting Jonathan during the campaign to the rerun. Pls tell your apc not to allow Amaechi hold Mic for the Edo state campaign or else, what happenedin Rivers will repeat itself. Pls when last did u hear Oshiomhole insulting Jonathan againor calling his name? the moment u do it, we will vote against u outrightly. Amaechi should have learnt from what happened in Bayelsa when Syva lost because of same Jonathan. They should sell the party to us and not by insulting the man they ganged up to ousted from power because of minority joined with selfish people like Amaechi.
We are indeed angry, but Amaechi killed the party more down the south because of pride and his cancellation of the Nigerian Maritime University was seen as anti Niger Delta

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by akagson: 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
ddippset:
Amaechi the guy who developed his state in education, health, security, infrastructure, Jobs, is the enemy while Jonathan who did nothing and wike who embezzled state funds as local government chairman are their heroes. This generation is the cursed generation. Even if a goat contested under the pdp, rivers people would vote that goat.
Even if APC presented a cow as a candidate, Northerners would still vote that cow. Don't be one sided.

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by engrchykae(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:
APC will keep losing SS and SE states, whether they like it or not. I wonder why only 5% population is bothering them like this
nairaland should provide a space for loving a comment not always like everytime.
I love ur comment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Excuse me gentleman, my problem with Amaexhi has nothing to do with his beef with PEJ/GEJ. It has nothing to do with his defection to APC nor his support for Buhari. It is his fundamental right to align with anyone politically. Don't forget that I was once pro-APC/Buhari.

My problem with Amaechi stem from the fact that he allowed his success of his first term to override his brain. In his second term Amaechi stopped carrying out sensible projects but instead diverted Rivers money to fund APC, he embarked on elephant projects and brought to zero the same reserve that he initiated and got hailed in 2008. Amaechi owed pensioners and shut the judiciary for TWO years. The worse is he still wanted to impose a prefect, Dakuku on Rivers people.

Honestly, No governor has governed Rivers better than Amaechi(2007-2011) and we(Okrikans) will always credit him for his deeds in our land despite the water front issue.

I just knew you will blow the Propaganda whistle.

Amaechi stopped performing because GEJ decided his progress should stop. GEJ and PEJ went to war against Amaechi and made his ruling hell.

That was simply why he could not perform as before.

GEJ reduced the states allocation by diverting Rivers Oil Wells. There was no way Amaechi would match his old performance. GEJ had mercenaries in the state to make the Rivers House of Assembly a place of terror.

Remember the repeated cry of the state honorable members for protection.

Unfortunately, people like you never saw anything wrong in GEJ's actions against the Amaechi.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by esan1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
Rivers people voted base on the way we are rule by federal govt, the same thing will still happen 2019.
Wike is rulling rivers people with soft hand that is why rivers like him.
Amaechi really work for rivers but he is somehow sturborn, during amaechi timariv and taskforce deal with civillians in the state.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by engrchykae(m): 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
tuale4u:
while Apostle osibanjo is speaking in tongue with pmb,by the time politics is through with Apostle osibanjo,okija shrine priest would be more righteous than him.

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by olutunde12(m): 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
TGM2015:

That is what I can't just comprehend even tonyebarcanista with his wealth of knowledge fall into the same category. I believe people should vote for their development not on hatred of two man/party affairs.
I challenge tonyebarcanista to write an epistle of how
1. PDP rule in Rivers state is far better than Ameachi 8 years rules.
2. How Jonathan influence has developed the state?
3. How did Amaechi betray Jonathan and PDP?

Who are these people for God's sake?
......Amechi rule
........PDP rule
........APC rule.
The so called Amechi's rule is PDP rule(7 years), APC rule( 1 year)

Get little sence ok?
Lagos residents who know what Amechi did in rivers more than river's people..... Fools!

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Ayibaba1: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
Why do we keep on fooling ourselves with the politics of Rivers state? For some of us that live in the state, we know better than that. Both PDP and APC have good followership in Rivers state and if a free and fair election devoid of rigging, fighting and inflicting of terror upon the people is allowed, you will see PDP winning some and APC winning some, that is the bitter truth. But you know what, some of the youth corpers who allowed themselves to be used went home with as much as 150K. These facts the governor knows very well even when he pretends that nothing is amiss.
You know what, politicians have no reason going to church or mosque, they are devil incarnates.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by TGM2015: 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
olutunde12:

Who are these people for God's sake?
......Amechi rule
........PDP rule
........APC rule.
The so called Amechi's rule is PDP rule(7 years), APC rule( 1 year)

Get little sence ok?
Lagos residents who know what Amechi did in rivers more than river's people..... Fools!
How sure are you that I never lived in (I mean lived not visited) Port Harcourt? And who told you I'm a Lagosian or reside permanently in Lagos?
Your last word shows your upbringing and described who you are.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by DauraDullard0(m): 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
tuale4u:
There must be something about GEJ then.... For him to be able to command that level of loyalty.

3 Likes

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Pidggin(f): 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
engrchykae:
nairaland should provide a space for loving a comment not always like everytime.
I love ur comment.

Thanks!
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by TGM2015: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I just knew you will blow the Propaganda whistle.

Amaechi stopped performing because GEJ decided his progress should stop. GEJ and PEJ went to war against Amaechi and made his ruling hell.

That was simply why he could not perform as before.

GEJ reduced the states allocation by diverting Rivers Oil Wells. There was no way Amaechi would match his old performance. GEJ had mercenaries in the state to make the Rivers House of Assembly a place of terror.

Remember the repeated cry of the state honorable members for protection.

Unfortunately, people like you never saw anything wrong in GEJ's actions against the Amaechi.
Don't mind that hypocrite guy, I know when to stop discussion with him. From his post, he said Dakuku is perfect but they made a protest vote against him to bring in thug (evident by his LG chairmanship) and an enemy of sound education as evident by him being a Minister of education.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ddippset(m): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Ada wet in? That idiot is only better than Odili, Dieter Spiff, Milford Okilo etc but he's miles below Amaechi (2007-2011). Admittedly, Amaechi 2013-2015 will rank as one of the worst in Rivera history]
that's because 2013-2015 patience Jonathan, Nyesom wike and Joseph mbu took over from him.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by vislabraye(m): 4:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
citizenY:
Elections in Rivers have always been rigged right from 1999 and everybody knows this. The international observers said so very clearly and the culprits have been the PDP and the stray elements that now find themselves in APC.

What really played out was a rigging contest by erstwhile colleagues with the same strategy in a situation where there was no time to develop new strategies.. This explains the vitriol . The strategy devised by Wike was to ensure enough terror , verbally and physically to keep voters away from the polling booths. This explains the low voter figures. Amechi could not do much as he had no "locus" like a sitting governor.

Any repeat of the process will only produce the same outcome and more casualties.. Rivers is under siege by these politicians.

Fact is that Wike does not need to rig. Amaechi is the person more likely to rig because he's unpopular in Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ddippset(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
herbie27:
Are u in Rivers State?.

What do u knw abt Ameachi?. He built infrastructures and stole more dan what he spent on capital project, example of one: monorail.

Ameachi is the Biggest criminal Rivers State has ever produced.

APC never baff well where Rivers people dey.
rubbish. Amaechi's only sin is that he was instrumental in booting out clueless Jonathan. The country would forever be grateful to Amaechi for saving us from the pdp and Jonathan. Amaechi is the reason I don't have to listen to patience Jonathan anymore.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ddippset(m): 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

tse tse fly stop following me , kya.U want to marry me ni, it's 14yrs o. pls tell me their own offence, I v mentioned Chidi's own and he was caught on camera. name Wike, Felix, Solomon and Ateke's offence which is an offence. olo ri' buruku, e' fi mi le' jo. ki ni? ti owo omode o ba ti te eku ida, ko gbodo beere iku to pa baba e'
abeggi go siddon jare. Your judgement stinks! Just make sure you register for that adult education stuff we talked about and thank me later, maybe when you graduate.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Abalado(f): 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
citizenY:
Elections in Rivers have always been rigged right from 1999 and everybody knows this. The international observers said so very clearly and the culprits have been the PDP and the stray elements that now find themselves in APC.

What really played out was a rigging contest by erstwhile colleagues with the same strategy in a situation where there was no time to develop new strategies.. This explains the vitriol . The strategy devised by Wike was to ensure enough terror , verbally and physically to keep voters away from the polling booths. This explains the low voter figures. Amechi could not do much as he had no "locus" like a sitting governor.

Any repeat of the process will only produce the same outcome and more casualties.. Rivers is under siege by these politicians.

citizenY:

[quote author=citizenY post=44113655]Elections in Rivers have always been rigged right from 1999 and everybody knows this. The international observers said so very clearly and the culprits have been the PDP and the stray elements that now find themselves in APC.

U knw waiting u dey talk so?abi u don take osogbo weed ni?
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by klimson: 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
America and Russia are sworn rivals, fighting dirty for superemacy. They only seem to work together when they pursue same interests. They can't fight each other directly beccause it will be too bloody and destructive. Their wars are only shadow battles fought in lesser contries eg Syria.
In Nigeria, the battle is between APC and PDP. But these parties, like Syria are mere battlegrounds where the Titans fight. Its not about PDP or APC. The fight is between Christianity and Islam. APC is an Islamic party, they deny it, but too many proofs are there to be seen. Thats why it was easy for them to form an alliance with the west, another Islamic enclave. South east and south-south(Biafra) were prepared to live and die with Jonathan despite his deficiencies, simply because of what he represented. The zones have continually rejected APC because of what the party represents. Muhammadu Buhari is the leader of APC and we all know what his religious views are, despite the pretence. So, rivers or any other state in southeast or south south will always reject APC. Imo was a mistake; an error that will be corrected in the next election.
I laugh when people think that this is about PDP and APC. It is a battle, shadow war, call it cold war between Islam and Christianity. Look at what happened to Ngige in Anambra state.
Unless APC demystifies itself, its largely seen in these zones as an extention of Islamic rule or domination, which the christian population in the two zones will always reject. Amechi would not have met the failure he witnessed if he had come through another party. Judging from his strength as a former governor who tried for the state, it would have been a fifty - fifty win for him and Wike. But as it is now, APC has no foothold there. Any politician, no matter how popular from this region will meet political death in this party. Its not about how you feel. Its about the reality. Jonathan would have lost woefully in this region because he failed them, but still, they stuck with him. PDP, having bleeped up since 99 would have been buried completely in 2015 if not for what APC represents. What some smart politicians are planning is how to float another mega part, that will bring a fair balance between christians and muslims and in 2019, they will take over.

The re-run in Rivers will still be won by PDP for your information.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ifeomaekol(f): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
D way nairalanders dey hassle each other ova apc n pdp-----wike n amaechi leaves me flabagasted.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Gaskia: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
Can someone tell me why a guy with sound ideas like Jimi Agbaje cannot win elections in Lagos state? He even lost to an Ambode inspite being around in the political square longer than Ambode. Does it have anything to do with the love for Tinubu? If it has, what is wrong with the SS/SE love for GEJ?

Can someone tell me why OBJ could not secure South West for PDP? Does it have anything to do with the fact that they did not like him or his style of politics? even his daughter stood against him? So why are some guys pained that SS/ SE have rejected Amaechi and dont like him until he repents. QED.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by delivryboy: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
I must say I am impressed by your analysis of the situation, I live in Port Harcourt and I agree with most of your points except those ones I can not personally confirm. The truth is that the PDP as a party is well grounded when it comes to grassroots interactions, the party is very close to the ordinary people and they know what the ordinary Nigerian wants. The APC has a lot to learn in that aspect. Contrary to your suggestion about the late campaign rallies by the APC, I honestly did not witness any campaign by the APC. No one wins elections without wooing supporters. The PDP on the other hand seemed so agitated to allow an even playing ground where an opposition can campaign, it would really take a courageous person to come out and campaign in such an environment. Maybe that explains the lack of steam on the part of the opposition. The elections and events that took place were filled with calls for violence, biased and subjective points of view and outright lies (especially coming from young people). I once again commend your insight on the subject matter and wish the average young Nigerian can digest current issues based on their merit and be fair in their judgement.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by ddippset(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
akagson:

Even if APC presented a cow as a candidate, Northerners would still vote that cow. Don't be one sided.
but unfortunately for you that isn't part of the discuss. We are talking rivers state here, incase you didn't realize.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Eluwilussit(m): 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

I agree wit u to an extend. But I want to inform u that despite our annoyance, Amaechi caused apc's failure. Almost everybody in my house, friends and even I heard someof the voters saying it open that 19th of March; that Amaechi coming down to insult Jonathan again during the campaign to the rerun and asking us to disgrace Jonathan was a pride took too far. We were so angry with him insulting Jonathan during the campaign to the rerun. Pls tell your apc not to allow Amaechi hold Mic for the Edo state campaign or else, what happenedin Rivers will repeat itself. Pls when last did u hear Oshiomhole insulting Jonathan againor calling his name? the moment u do it, we will vote against u outrightly. Amaechi should have learnt from what happened in Bayelsa when Syva lost because of same Jonathan. They should sell the party to us and not by insulting the man they ganged up to ousted from power because of minority joined with selfish people like Amaechi.
We are indeed angry, but Amaechi killed the party more down the south because of pride and his cancellation of the Nigerian Maritime University was seen as anti Niger Delta

Well spoken. But I have one thing against the argument that it is mainly because of Jonathan. SS & SE have been pdp since 1999. It is just the most important factor. I never liked Jonathan but like u rightly said, Ameachi took it too far and too personal. I think ameachi has always believed that he's better than Jonathan and should play a more prominent role in the SS. Envy is what drove ameachi to go against his kinsman. If he does not retrace his steps, he will destroy whatever he has achieved. Someone who rose to power by associating with Odili through his house help, will not strike anyone as a great man. Ameachi has made the most of his opportunities and should be grateful and count his blessings. Not trying to rubbish Jonathan. Jonathan is the man ameachi could never be.

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
The question I ask Rivers people that I haven't been able to get an answer is this

U punish ur son ameachi (that's developed ur
state for 8 years) because Jonathan ur brother from another state ( that didn't nothing for ur state in 6 years)

Now who is the bigger bitrayer... Rivers people or ameachi

Would a northern betray his own no matter the circumstances?
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by coolscott(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
ddippset:
Nonsense. People would tell you 'we don't like amaechi'. Then you ask why? They tell you he is stubborn and he doesn't respect elders. Nobody would tell you he is not a performer, an achiever or a workaholic. You only hear crap like 'he doesn't respect elders' cursed generation! And o yes if chidi lloyd should be in jail then people like ateke tom, solomon ndigbara, FĂ©lix obuah, even wike should be hanged already.
Dimienedonkz:

tse tse fly stop following me , kya.U want to marry me ni, it's 14yrs o. pls tell me their own offence, I v mentioned Chidi's own and he was caught on camera. name Wike, Felix, Solomon and Ateke's offence which is an offence. olo ri' buruku, e' fi mi le' jo. ki ni? ti owo omode o ba ti te eku ida, ko gbodo beere iku to pa baba e'
[size=13pt]He calls us a cursed generation for disapproving of a thing that even the Bible indirectly curses. "Honour thy father and thy mother so your days will be long on earth"
Igbos may not respect their elders. It does not mean in Rivers State we should suddenly dilute the value we place on our elders and traditional leaders simply because, unfortunately, placing value on respecting our elders irks some souls.
We have no control over the good values that anybody can decide to get pissed off by
[/size]
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
The question I ask Rivers people that I haven't been able to get an answer is this

U punish ur son ameachi (that's developed ur
state for 8 years) because Jonathan ur brother from another state ( that didn't nothing for ur state in 6 years)

Now who is the bigger bitrayer... Rivers people or ameachi
AMEACHI
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
Guliver:
APC lost cos river's people are not interested n development, they nid d money 2 b share & embezzled. t only lazy peep DAT like PDP.death 2 PDP
That's not true. Apc lost because of the betrayal from Amaechi. Secondly Apc as a party wouldn't bring development that much because all politicians especially Nigerians are greedy
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by akagson: 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
ddippset:
but unfortunately for you that isn't part of the discuss. We are talking rivers state here, incase you didn't realize.
Everything is interconnected.
Re: Why APC Lost In Rivers by rapu4real: 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Excuse me gentleman, my problem with Amaexhi has nothing to do with his beef with PEJ/GEJ. It has nothing to do with his defection to APC nor his support for Buhari. It is his fundamental right to align with anyone politically. Don't forget that I was once pro-APC/Buhari.

My problem with Amaechi stem from the fact that he allowed his success of his first term to override his brain. In his second term Amaechi stopped carrying out sensible projects but instead diverted Rivers money to fund APC, he embarked on elephant projects and brought to zero the same reserve that he initiated and got hailed in 2008. Amaechi owed pensioners and shut the judiciary for TWO years. The worse is he still wanted to impose a prefect, Dakuku on Rivers people.

Honestly, No governor has governed Rivers better than Amaechi(2007-2011) and we(Okrikans) will always credit him for his deeds in our land despite the water front issue.

Perfect response Tonye, you've indeed analyzed the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial / Kcee, Cubana Chief Priest Stormed Peter Obi's Rally In Owerri / Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.