Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289356 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slim101(m): 2:58am On Jun 17, 2011
Is it possible to get a cord that can connect my laptop to my TV (AV port)?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Estiimable(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2011
@ZIM DRILL, the 512MB RAM was removed and the 256MB RAM was used but the same problem was encountered. Do u think the problem may be 4rm the Processor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
Estiimable:

@ZIM DRILL, the 512MB RAM was removed and the 256MB RAM was used but the same problem was encountered. Do u think the problem may be 4rm the Processor?

i still think that it is the memory, especially those you did put on, so verify, those you put in and those which where in already the 256
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jojo4: 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2011
Pls guys how can i connect my nokia n93 modem to a pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2011
Slim101:

Is it possible to get a cord that can connect my laptop to my TV (AV port)?
you will need a vga cable assuming you have a flat screen. I dont know if they sell the vga to av cable but anything is possible.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2011
At all, please i have a challenge with my HP COMPAC 610 notebook. The battery just went flat suddenly, all efforts to charge it is to no avail. What can i do? What's ur take in this? Please, help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:45am On Jun 19, 2011
agi-tuedor:

At all, please i have a challenge with my HP COMPAC 610 notebook. The battery just went flat suddenly, all efforts to charge it is to no avail. What can i do? What's your take in this? Please, help me.

Always helpful to know laptop operating system Windows XP/VISTA/7/98

Click start all programmes and look for battery test

click on it and follow on screen instructions to test

the battery. if the tool is not available follow

the award winning hp link to download the tools to

help identify if the battery needs changing or not

http://www.hp.com/sbso/wireless/tools-battery-test.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2011
The laptop's operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate. Some people suggest battery freezing. I'm on it now. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2011
my toshiba refuses to format with any operating system, what will i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2011
agi-tuedor:

The laptop's operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate. Some people suggest battery freezing. I'm on it now. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks,
buy a new battery from the manufacturer!
If the computer is still new return to where you bought it so they can exchange the battery under the warranty coverage
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2011
Skybancs:

my toshiba refuses to format with any operating system, what will i do
when you say refuses to format do you mean you can't load a new operating system or you cant wipe the hd?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gaburiel(m): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2011
Please who has price of how much I can get original Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft Office 2011
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gaburiel(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
Sorry I meant Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft Office 2007
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2011
gaburiel:

Sorry I meant Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft Office 2007

you aint serious

you got the answers in your finger tips google the price you find it and convert to naira then you have a rough guide in naira
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chux76(m): 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2011
Hello Guys,
I have a little problem with my HP DV2000 Laptop and I want to ask these questions:

1. The laptop runs slow sometimes so I want to format it and upgrade it from a Windows Vista to Windows 7,but I was told I would have to flash the BIOS,how true is it?

2.If i have to flash the BIOS,How do i go about it?

3. Would i need to reinstall the drivers if i upgrade it to a Windows 7?

4. The laptop becomes very hot after about 10-15mins of usage and the vent emits very hot air,and the fan is working,what could be the possible problem and what is a solution to it?.

Aside the above listed probs,the laptop works fine. So please your advice and solution would be heavily appreciated.

Where can i buy the original battery for the DV2000 that would last for at least 3hrs and above. Would the battery for a DV6000 work well with it?

Your answers are expected awaited anxiously.

Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2011
chux76:

Hello Guys,
I have a little problem with my HP DV2000 Laptop and I want to ask these questions:

1. The laptop runs slow sometimes so I want to format it and upgrade it from a Windows Vista to Windows 7,but I was told I would have to flash the BIOS,how true is it?

no need to flash your BIOS unless it is very neccesary vista is always low even with the good number of RAM also no need to format eg if its vista home basic and window 7 home you just do an upgrade

2.If i have to flash the BIOS,How do i go about it?
like i said not necessary

3. Would i need to reinstall the drivers if i upgrade it to a Windows 7?
yes on some but you might be lucky that some drivers will work with 7 beside you just go to hp website to get the drivers

4. The laptop becomes very hot after about 10-15mins of usage and the vent emits very hot air,and the fan is working,what could be the possible problem and what is a solution to it?.
how old is the pc and also how is the enviroment around it i.e dust can cover the heat sink and fail to cool properly

Aside the above listed probs,the laptop works fine. So please your advice and solution would be heavily appreciated.

Where can i buy the original battery for the DV2000 that would last for at least 3hrs and above. Would the battery for a DV6000 work well with it?

Your answers are expected awaited anxiously.

Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordrama: 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2011
Your Can Now Get 100MB Of WebHosting. Host Your Domain Name With Us And Also You Can Have Your Free Website With Cpanel Logins and 1 Webmail. Live And Sure Via http://www.bigfishhost/ call 08124650800
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chux76(m): 12:25am On Jun 21, 2011
Zim, U r d bomb,tanx a Load for your reply. Well the Laptop is 3yrs Old and still looking good, Lol,
As for the environment,its a normal environment for us all,hot sometimes and Cold other times,I presently reside in Kaduna,and the weather is kind of cool these days because of the rains. But i try as much as possible to keep the vent free by placing the Laptop on something to keep the vent free,but it still gets hot,does it need servicing?
Another thing is that the DVD ROM does not play any CD that is burnt or that was copied,it only recognizes original CD's,so how would i upgrade the OS? I have an external DVD drive,if I insert the windows 7 OS in the ext drive and run,would it work on the Laptop?
As of today,the Laptop comes on and will not get to the part where the windows logo comes on screen,I tried using SAFE MODE but it gets to the Logo part and remains blank,I guess the Vista OS is corrupt now.
Pls What do I do? I need to get the Laptop up and running asap.
Adivce needed asap. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:40am On Jun 21, 2011
chux76:

Zim, U r d bomb,tanx a Load for your reply. Well the Laptop is 3yrs Old and still looking good, Lol,
As for the environment,its a normal environment for us all,hot sometimes and Cold other times,I presently reside in Kaduna,and the weather is kind of cool these days because of the rains. But i try as much as possible to keep the vent free by placing the Laptop on something to keep the vent free,but it still gets hot,does it need servicing?
it might need cleaning of the heat sink but only take it to qualified proffessional
Another thing is that the DVD ROM does not play any CD that is burnt or that was copied,it only recognizes original CD's,so how would i upgrade the OS? I have an external DVD drive,if I insert the windows 7 OS in the ext drive and run,would it work on the Laptop?
did you try different cd/dvds if there are burnt by one pc and the format or the playing back software is aint in your system they wont play also check if the driver for ROM is fine, which mediaplayer do you use for play back i.e windows mediaplayer, real player nero winamp etc?
As of today,the Laptop comes on and will not get to the part where the windows logo comes on screen,I tried using SAFE MODE but it gets to the Logo part and remains blank,I guess the Vista OS is corrupt now. here am now confused is it now not working? if not do you have the OS dics ? if you do change the boot sequence to cd/dvd and let us know what happens
Pls What do I do? I need to get the Laptop up and running asap.
Adivce needed asap. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sobeit(m): 12:45am On Jun 21, 2011
my laptop screen is blinking, please what caused it ?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 12:56am On Jun 21, 2011
sobeit:

my laptop screen is blinking, please what caused it ?.
not to be rude but how do you expect us to know?
did you drop it? did you open it and didn't close it up properly? how old is the computer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okutex: 2:35am On Jun 21, 2011
Pls, my Acer pentium m come on, but does not boot, dont know wat 2 do, i inter change the ram yet still the same, pls some 1 help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okutex: 2:37am On Jun 21, 2011
Pls, my Acer pentium m come on, but does not boot, dont know wat 2 do, i inter change the ram yet still the same, pls some 1 help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okutex: 2:39am On Jun 21, 2011
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Enosa1(m): 2:51am On Jun 21, 2011
Helo i want to format my desktop pentrium 3 using microsoft window xp park 2. Hw do i go about it without losing my system drivers and vital information.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2011
Hey ZIM n co

I have this P4 desktop PC on my neck atm cuz it's my boss' pc and he had a power surge at home(according to him) which fried somethings in his house. He calls an electrician to check the power-pack(which is ATX with auxillary) and the guy tells him the power-pack is dead n gone. .so i went to Ikeja from VI to get a new power pack but on testing it with the new power-pack, the system refused to come on undecided.

What could possibly be the problem? undecided

It does shower that power gets to the board from the power-pack(LED Indicator on the motherboard) but just doesn't come on when i push the switch.

Could it be a dead motherboard or the switch itself? Or am i missing something?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2011
E.nosa:

Helo i want to format my desktop pentrium 3 using microsoft window xp park 2. Hw do i go about it without losing my system drivers and vital information.

most nigerian i see here are in love with formatting

formatting is in two ways 1 when you are installing a fresh OS it asks you to quick format and full one both they wipe out data on HD but window will install some of the drivers for you

2 the other formatting happens when you hook a removeable drive and you can format it or you pc has two physical drive and you format the other one

so what the reason you want to put a fresh installation aka (nigerian lingo) ----- FORMAT
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2011
E.nosa:

some old pc wont boot if a floppy is inside or a usb is attached also do you have the OS dics ? if you do try to put from the CD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2011
v3:

Hey ZIM n co

I have this P4 desktop PC on my neck atm cuz it's my boss' pc and he had a power surge at home(according to him) which fried somethings in his house. He calls an electrician to check the power-pack(which is ATX with auxillary) and the guy tells him the power-pack is dead n gone. .so i went to Ikeja from VI to get a new power pack but on testing it with the new power-pack, the system refused to come on undecided.

It does shower that power gets to the board from the power-pack(LED Indicator on the motherboard) but just doesn't come on when i push the switch.

My guess would be that when the power surge occurred, it didn't only fry the power pack, the other components in the base unit were also fried.

Sorry I can't proffer any solution to this problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2011
E.nosa:

Further to what Zim stated above, you can back up your drivers before formatting. I always use Driver Genius(not free) or if you have an XP that have been slipstreamed with current drivers else you'd pull your hair out looking for compatible drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2011
v3:

Hey ZIM n co

i suspect that the motherboard is fried too, this is what happed to me last week i was sorting computers for a fellow zimba and i took one home to sort and after i finshed the major job i hooked a usb and pulled it out and it came out with a peace of the inner white part so i tried to put the white part back without turn off the pc and taking off the power cord the pc blow as if i had short wire 240 volts, the usb wires had short wired

i opened the power pack and it was fried but the fuse inside it had not blown so i thought i be might be lucky thinking that the fuse it not blown so the motherboard is fine but that wasnt the case the motherboard was also gone i tested different power packs and it wouldnt turn on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2011
denzel2009:

Further to what Zim stated above, you can back up your drivers before formatting. I always use Driver Genius(not free) or if you have an XP that have been slipstreamed with current drivers else you'd pull your hair out looking for compatible drivers.

its funny how people here worry about drivers, all you need is to go to your manufacture website download them and save them somewhere not in the current pc becoz if it goes down it goes down with back up drivers so a usb or cd/dvd would do

to me the most important one is the LAN/WIRELESS driver once i have that one i can access the net and download the rest if i dont have the back up

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.