Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,909 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:35 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289156 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 1:34am On Jun 11, 2011
pls guys what is the meaning of your battery needs to be calibrated?

2. where can I download online textbooks?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 11, 2011
Please guys I need help!
I was trying to upgrade xp sp-2 to xp sp-3, so I bought this xp sp-3, build 2(black market) on using it, I culd still see sp-2 n 'my-computer' property, so I decided to try the disc again! And now I get this error message 'Fake Setup call himself instead original "Setup.exe". -Setup Abort!' after clicking OK, the computer try to reboot, after the xp start-up logo, it says 'Setup is being restarted, ' and it soon go back to the error message and the cycle continues!
How do I get the system to leave this cycle? Please help, I need the data on the hard drive!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 11:53am On Jun 11, 2011
have tried that already, didnt work and for my laptop it's F5 to toggle the display
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
What I know is that Acer has this problem of back light or inverter. You might have blown it while you plugged in your power adapter.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2011
can it lead to a change in motherboard? I mean to get a new one?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Please guys I need help!
I was trying to upgrade xp sp-2 to xp sp-3, so I bought  this xp sp-3, build 2(black market) on using it, I culd still see sp-2 n 'my-computer' property, so I decided to try the disc again! And now I get this error message 'Fake Setup call himself instead original "Setup.exe". -Setup Abort!' after clicking OK, the computer try to reboot, after the xp start-up logo, it says 'Setup is being restarted, ' and it soon go back to the error message and the cycle continues!
How do I get the system to leave this cycle? Please help, I need the data on the hard drive!

Fake Setup

black market

Here at nairaland tec support we offer 1st line diagnostics and will advice that you take it

to a computer technician nearby. Patronize genuine sellers and technicians, they're

there like any other professionals. Tell them what the problem is and if possible price it

moderately and not too low. let he or she know that you have a problem and would

be delighted if a discount can be given to backup your data and install XP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2011
Valentinooo:

pls guys what is the meaning of your battery needs to be calibrated?

2. where can I download online textbooks?

for your reading and observations visit http://www.rm.com/Support/TechnicalArticle.asp?cref=TEC49012
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by spicyhoney(f): 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2011
omega25red:

you probably need to charge the battery if it's not charged or plug it in. Better yet remove the battery and plug then press the power button for about 20 seconds the put your battery and power cord back and hit power to see what happens.
It didn't work. . .I guess I didnt't explain myself well initially, its not that the screen came on and is blank but the screen is not coming on at all, its just the power on indicator light and charging light that are on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wap333: 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
search and download all kind of files at www.gcage
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wap333: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
search and download your file at www.gcage.co .cc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Please guys I need help!
I was trying to upgrade xp sp-2 to xp sp-3, so I bought  this xp sp-3, build 2(black market) on using it, I culd still see sp-2 n 'my-computer' property, so I decided to try the disc again! And now I get this error message 'Fake Setup call himself instead original "Setup.exe". -Setup Abort!' after clicking OK, the computer try to reboot, after the xp start-up logo, it says 'Setup is being restarted, ' and it soon go back to the error message and the cycle continues!
you didn't have to buy a disc to get service pack 3 all you had to do was to go on microsoft.com and search for the free download assuming they still have it on their site. Go back to the person who sold you that disc and get your money back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
Jeophri:

have tried that already, didnt work and for my laptop it's F5 to toggle the display
spicyhoney:

It didn't work. . .I guess I didnt't explain myself well initially, its not that the screen came on and is blank but the screen is not coming on at all, its just the power on indicator light and charging light that are on.
So there are many problems which will cause issues of the screen.

1. Software
- Try Fn + F5 or something like that to toggle the screen

2. Electrical
- Remove battery, unplug power, hold power button for 60 seconds, turn on computer with power plug only, then shutdown, add battery and restart

3. Magnetic On/Off Switch to detect of Close/Open Lid
- Your magnet switch is out of place some how. Open up the speaker cover and see if your lid actuator switch that come in contact with the magnet on your lid cover is stuck or not (find where the magnet is in the back of the front lid cover, trace where the magnet area actually touches the base of the computer and you will find the switch)
- Workaround, start windows with lid at 30 degree angle

4. Hardware
- You need to replace either Inverter, Blacklight, or everything. =)

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ jeophri and spicyhoney
someone suggested powering on the computer and just leaving it until the battery drains i.e leave the computer powered on and let it go off by itself after the battery dies then recharge and try to see if it will come one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by spicyhoney(f): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
omega25red:

@ jeophri and spicyhoney
someone suggested powering on the computer and just leaving it until the battery drains i.e leave the computer powered on and let it go off by itself after the battery dies then recharge and try to see if it will come one.
Am thinking the above is even the root cause of the problem cos most times I dnt shut down before the power runs down. Thanks let me go try if ur other suggestion wld work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2011
Pls where can i download books online.

wap333:

search and download your file at www.gcage.co .cc

chairman this link is wrong.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2011
omega25red:

you didn't have to buy a disc to get service pack 3 all you had to do was to go on microsoft.com and search for the free download assuming they still have it on their site. Go back to the person who sold you that disc and get your money back.

Service pack 3 can be obtained from  Microsoft in .exe format  to upgrade from service pack 2

as you know the user is stuck in setup loop. Microsoft do not

have free iso format but xp repair recovery console in floppy disk format

The user need to buy a GENUINE XP  CD/DVD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:19am On Jun 12, 2011
omega25red:

So there are many problems which will cause issues of the screen.

1. Software
- Try Fn + F5 or something like that to toggle the screen

2. Electrical
- Remove battery, unplug power, hold power button for 60 seconds, turn on computer with power plug only, then shutdown, add battery and restart

3. Magnetic On/Off Switch to detect of Close/Open Lid
- Your magnet switch is out of place some how. Open up the speaker cover and see if your lid actuator switch that come in contact with the magnet on your lid cover is stuck or not (find where the magnet is in the back of the front lid cover, trace where the magnet area actually touches the base of the computer and you will find the switch)
- Workaround, start windows with lid at 30 degree angle

4. Hardware
- You need to replace either Inverter, Blacklight, or everything. =)

Good luck

omega25red advice is industry best practices and if no joy nothing would work.

Provided you follow the instructions holding down the power button for

60 seconds to drain static electricity then should work.

Connect laptop to a monitor and see will display

if it does is the laptop screen at fault if doesn't is the laptop itself
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jamolan(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2011
@cogitoErgo
I am sure the Xp CD you bought is not good, u see all these sp3 in the market are written by individuals especially indians and most of them are not good, it is better you get a sp2(2005) to reinstall back. Then you should be planning to upgrade your system to vista or windows 7, u know the world is changing to ipv6 which xp does not support.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 9japrinze(m): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2011
I tried to repair(reinstal) my windows xp but it got to a stage where i was told to type d location of 'asms' file blaa blaa blaa pack 2 cd. I dn't knw what to do pls help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Stonnydrey(m): 7:07am On Jun 13, 2011
Pls guys i need help with the configuration of my aol9.5, Plsssssssssssss patiently waiting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jamolan(m): 8:31am On Jun 13, 2011
9japrinze:

I tried to repair(reinstal) my windows xp but it got to a stage where i was told to type d location of 'asms' file blaa blaa blaa pack 2 cd. I dn't knw what to do pls help me.

The installation cd you are using is bad, try getting another one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Stonnydrey(m): 8:37am On Jun 13, 2011
Pls guys i need help with the configuration of my aol9.5, Plsssssssssssss patiently waiting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2011
9japrinze:

seems to me like you probably tried to do a repair with a different cd than the version of xp you have on your computer. Meaning you probably have a sp3 cd while the xp installed is sp2.
Try to find the orginal cd that was used to install your op and that should work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Redstone(m): 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2011
I need a 17" LCD screen for my Dell. Inspiron 1720, any idea of the price?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bayotee(m): 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2011
My modem wont connect with Glo despite the fact that I've successfully unlocked it and it's working with MTN. Pls Nairalanders, help!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
bayotee:

My modem wont connect with Glo despite the fact that I've successfully unlocked it and it's working with MTN. Pls Nairalanders, help!!!

have the settings been changed to GLO ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philflux(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
pls can u help me with my modem?its a glo modem,it jst stoped working,my sys culd nt recognise it,wat can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by acextreme: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2011
^^^^ Try it on another laptop first to see if it will work b4 i can proofer a solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philflux(m): 11:14am On Jun 15, 2011
thnks fr responding,i hv tried it in several sys,d result is d same,someone tld me it is damaged,i dnt knw hw true dis is,xpectin ur suggestions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Estiimable(m): 5:19am On Jun 16, 2011
Pls,i have a nc6000 Hp laptop of 40GB Hard disk, 1500MHz processor and a 256MB RAM which i added 512MB RAM to upgrade to 768MB RAM. It started to freeze/hang and prompting the mouse cursor to disappear.Everything freezes and so i have to SWITCH OFF the Laptop.Upon switching it back ON, it won't show anything on the screen but u'll hear the processor moving. But when i switch it back ON like say 20 minutes or more later, it boots and starts well and then freezes again soon after. Pls, what could be the cause? Help me pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Estiimable(m): 5:22am On Jun 16, 2011
Pls,i have a nc6000 Hp laptop of 40GB Hard disk, 1500MHz processor and a 256MB RAM which i added 512MB RAM to upgrade to 768MB RAM. It started to freeze/hang and prompting the mouse cursor to disappear.Everything freezes and so i have to SWITCH OFF the Laptop.Upon switching it back ON, it won't show anything on the screen but u'll hear the processor moving. But when i switch it back ON like say 20 minutes or more later, it boots and starts well and then freezes again soon after. Pls, what could be the cause? Help me pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2011
Estiimable:

based on what you said it seems like the last memory you added is causing the problem, to be sure take off the last one you added and let it run with one you had before & monitor for day

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.