Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277276 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kabba7(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2011
ZIMdril pls grin let me have your phone number so we can discuss TxT blank to me on 08033895305 I will do the calling
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:31pm On May 24, 2011
Jeophri:

@ zimdrill, there's no harm trying. Besides, the problem i'm having iis a factory problem, the system was recalled, maybe even before i bot it. So by now i expect the corrected one's to be in the market.
Besides, i still have to try. Would not just sit here doing nothing.

if thats the case then i dont see where the problem is becoz they should just accept it and change it for you

unless if you are laying
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:31pm On May 24, 2011
kabba7:

ZIMdril pls grin let me have your phone number so we can discuss TxT blank to me on 08033895305 I will do the calling

am in UK bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 9:53pm On May 24, 2011
Pls somebody help. My guy just got a lappy. He noticed that each time the NEPA light is off or charger is removed, the system will hibbernate immediately. The battery is good cos it can use more than 4 hrs. Pls any help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:03pm On May 24, 2011
Valentinooo:

Pls somebody help. My guy just got a lappy. He noticed that each time the NEPA light is off or charger is removed, the system will hibbernate immediately. The battery is good cos it can use more than 4 hrs. Pls any help

what you are saying doesnt add up

hibernation can never be triggered by pulling of the charger

the battery is gone hence once the charger is pulled out is triggers hibernation and only heavy duty batteries can last 4hrs of which most of the time are used by military guys or huge research companies
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2011
deji2009:

what's your Email Messenger ID so I can chat to you and
after that feedback my colleagues on what we conclude on

May not reply as I had a callout repair now

thank u
asaheed88 at yahu dot com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 10:57pm On May 24, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

what you are saying doesnt add up

hibernation can never be triggered by pulling of the charger

the battery is gone hence once the charger is pulled out is triggers hibernation and only heavy duty batteries can last 4hrs of which most of the time are used by military guys or huge research companies

What i mean is that after hibbernating and switching it on again, it uses more than 1.5 hours in my presence playing music without pluging the charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2011
Valentinooo:

What i mean is that after hibbernating and switching it on again, it uses more than 1.5 hours in my presence playing music without pluging the charger

ok does it hibernate while you are working on it or while it is just playing music?

system can hibernate after being inactive it sleeps the screen and shutdown the hd depending with your setting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 9:11am On May 25, 2011
hello guys, plz i rilly nid ur help. my laptop is rily slow and it takes a longer time to boot and even same to shut down. plz help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 12:01am On May 26, 2011
i went to the US for a competition then a bought the laptop, after using it for about 2 months, d bios had a problem and d system was over heating. The solution was to update my BIOS i did, then the motherboard became bad. It was then i logged in to their site and found out that they were recalling that system.
I called their customer care and the only way they could repair it was if isent the system over. As that's the only place the warranty covers. Tried all i could to get them to repair it for me, but didnt get a favourable response.
My only option was to do it myself or send it to them. From my calculations, doing it myself would be cheaper and faster. So i chose that option.
That is how i got to this phase.
Now please can anybody direct me to a good place where i can get it fixed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:40am On May 26, 2011
Jeophri:

i went to the US for a competition then a bought the laptop, after using it for about 2 months, d bios had a problem and d system was over heating. The solution was to update my BIOS i did, then the motherboard became bad. It was then i logged in to their site and found out that they were recalling that system.
I called their customer care and the only way they could repair it was if isent the system over. As that's the only place the warranty covers. Tried all i could to get them to repair it for me, but didnt get a favourable response.
My only option was to do it myself or send it to them. From my calculations, doing it myself would be cheaper and faster. So i chose that option.

send it to http://www.toshiba.co.za
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 5:53am On May 26, 2011
Let me use this opportunity to warn people that might want to buy a new laptop or those that currently have one now. I can spot shyte laptop from a mile easily and I get pissed when people waste their money on these motherboard baking toys.

If your laptop or the one you want to buy is placed on a flat surface and you can't see any vent/heat sink by the sides or the back, 99% of the the time the laptop is rubbish. It will eventually bake the the components.

These manufacturers know what they are doing, most of the laptops meant for home users are only meant to last for 1 year to cover the warranty, after the warranty, you're well OYO and they know this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fab04(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2011
Pls can some one help with a valid Norton 360 key, Help a brother pls cry cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:55am On May 26, 2011
fab04:

Pls can some one help with a valid Norton 360 key, Help a brother pls cry cry cry

If you don't have any antivirus installed on your PC is better than having Norton. The only good thing they produce is Norton Ghost.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fab04(m): 11:01am On May 26, 2011
^^^^^
I have but it has expired and i want to renew it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 11:20am On May 26, 2011
fab04:

^^^^^
I have but it has expired and i want to renew it

Uninstall it and get a free one that won't hog your system's resources.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vislabraye(m): 8:31am On May 27, 2011
I have a fairly used deskstop from a telco company. The problem is that the sound and volume control has been disabled. Even going to the control panel tyo fix it is difficult. I just acquired an external audio device but I cn't listen to anything.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:49am On May 27, 2011
vislabraye:

I have a fairly used deskstop from a telco company. The problem is that the sound and volume control has been disabled. Even going to the control panel tyo fix it is difficult. I just acquired an external audio device but I cn't listen to anything.

if there were disabled would you activate them ? did you go to device manger and check what symbols were there on the sound card?

and also on the external one did you change the settings for the computer to use the external one ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by borlajih(m): 10:24am On May 27, 2011
we reapir and sell different kinds of laptops,memory,dvd drive,hard drive. you could also come with your old laptop and add money to pick another. visit us today @IBFAS TECH 8 ola ayeni street off medical road computer village ikeja lagos. you could also reach us on this lines 08089736779,08083253879.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zayons: 1:54am On May 28, 2011
[size=15pt]Now this may sound unbelievable but very true. Many at times refurbished laptops will always give problem. Your best bet is a brand new laptop with warranty.

I have BRAND NEW Laptops for sale at realy CHEAP prices with one yr warranty.

BRAND NEW (NOT refurbished)

100% ORIGINAL with intel processor dual core from 1.6GHz, 1G DDRAM and 160HDD(2G/320).

ONE YEAR warranty. Ironclad. No stories. Terms and conditions apply.

CHEAP. Price from 50K. Buy your Laptop with peace of mind and after sales support from people of high integrity.
Take a step now before promo is over. call: 08034957298.delivery nationwide.[/size]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by otunbasmtp(m): 6:06pm On May 28, 2011
i dey waka passsssss grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2011
@ zimdrill, u dont seem to get me, i have tried the online and customer care version, nothing worked. They were even advising we take to techs ourselves cos if we wait for them, it would take forever. These are the peopl whoose service centre was close by. What do u now imagine for me that will now have to send it all the way across.
Anf besides, rite now, i dont have time for them anymore. I have decided to do it myself, and am planning to go all the way.
So many times here I've seen take it to a reliable comp mech and not the road side one's. Now that am asking for such, nobody seems to be giving me such response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2011
Jeophri:

Was the laptop overheating before/after the bios update

Who told you to update the bios ? friend or self assumptions

Computer is the process of elimination, what who when and how did you update the
bios ? only charger was meant to be plug in and should have consulted us or

any technical forums before flashing the bios as this may void a warranty.

For example, a car owner repairing a faulty break is the same as a computer

should have visited a computer technician. when switched on what can you see

on the screen, that's the question now

What model is the toshiba, for example I have a toshiab P300 Windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2011
1stknight:

thank u
asaheed88 at yahu dot com

Your model of laptop is new and was not able to identify it on

the toshiba support page. connect laptop to a monitor using a

vga cable and see if problem will occur. another options is to

turn laptop on keep pressing f2 Bios and a screen would appear

make sure charger is  plugged in, leave it there and  observe it,

does it flickers or display a white background or backlight switched off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:27pm On May 29, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

if there were disabled would you activate them ? did you go to device manger and check what symbols were there on the sound card?

and also on the external one did you change the settings for the computer to use the external one ?

That's pretty much it, check all the basics ZIM DRILL advised and

feed us back. The longer it takes you to feed us the later it takes

to get a solution. meanwhile, My colleague ZIM DRILL has advised

please run the following diagnostics click start run and type in dxdiag

press enter click on sound at the top then click test. any sound ?

If not what make is the computer ie HP 530 Windows Vista Laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by borlajih(m): 8:18pm On May 29, 2011
we repair and sell different kinds of laptops,memory,DVD Drive,Hard Drive. you could also come with your old laptop and add money to pick another. visit us today @IBFAS TECH 8 ola ayeni street off medical road computer village Ikeja Lagos. you could also reach us on this lines 08089736779,08083253879.
Sales And Repair Of Laptops - Lagos For Sale - Nairalist
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by trisswines(m): 11:33am On May 30, 2011
Try & check the ram usage of your PC. Your processor is not speedy though. Your laptop computer is probably a dual core. If your ram usage does not exceed 512 mb when you are walking it then notify me.

Traffic Offences
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uzoma123(m): 3:07pm On May 30, 2011
I need ALCON 2.4GHz Outdoor wireless Radio urgently. Call me on 07025784485 now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 11:49pm On May 31, 2011
@ deji2009, i was told to update by toshiba itself. Had a regular warning from them telling me upgrade to overcoming the heating system. They used this method to know the system that should be recalled. If your upgrade scales through, then you have no problem
but if it doesnt, and becomes blank when you put off your system, those r the one's dey were recalling.
My laptop is a toshiba satellite, T135. You could check the site and the forums. The laptop is being recalled.
And if I knew this before, the upgrade, i wouldnt have done the BIOS upgrade. But I've learnt the hard way and habe to pay the consequences.
Wheen i took it to techs later, it was confirmed by 3 diff people dat the motherboard is gone. So rite now, I need another.
My problem is the rite place to find such.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 11:53pm On May 31, 2011
and when switched on, comes up with a blank screen. Doesnt load or boot dont even feel the hard disk rotating. Just the indicator lites come on. And yes it was overheating before the update. And sometimes would refuse to come on except i allow it to cool for a long time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xtremeidea(m): 11:23am On Jun 01, 2011
^^^^ This is crazy but but i suggest u change the board and components of the system to another entirely.

Might sound stupid but i did same. I once lost the processor of my hp compaq cq60 which was an AMD Sempron. took it to computer villa n change it to AMD Athlon Dual core, cuz i couldnt find the sempron in d market. the good side of it is dat, the Athlon worked n is dual core, while sempron is single core so it was a win-win situation.

Since the manufacturers are recalling the system back, it might be hard to get the same parts back. so i have 2 bitter suggestions for you.

1 - Change the board n processor to sumtin else that would work

2 - sell it as scrap and add money to it and get a new laptop that will give u piece of mind.

Hope this helps!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2011
Jeophri:

and when switched on, comes up with a blank screen. Doesnt load or boot dont even feel the hard disk rotating. Just the indicator lites come on. And yes it was overheating before the update. And sometimes would refuse to come on except i allow it to cool for a long time

this is whats was said about the problem and it seems like you messed the setting not the motherboard

Important information for Toshiba Satellite T135, T135D and Satellite Pro T130 owners - The US Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada announced a recall following over 100 cases of the notebooks overheating and melting:

Certain Satellite T135, T135D and Satellite Pro T130 laptop computers have been manufactured with a potentially faulty DC-In harness.  These computers will have model/part numbers beginning with PST3AU, PST3BU, or PST3LU. The defective harness may, in some circumstances, overheat to the point of melting the computer’s base at the location where the AC adaptor plugs into the unit.  To date there have been no reports of serious injury, but the temperature is sufficient to pose a burn hazard if specific parts of the DC-In Jack or plug are touched when they are overheated.

Toshiba is releasing a BIOS revision which will prevent the computer from overheating in this manner.  To protect you from injury and your computer from damage, Toshiba strongly recommends that you update your system BIOS to version to 2.70 for the Satellite T135, 1.90 for the Satellite T135D and 2.70 for the Satellite Pro T130.

Toshiba has a BIOS update that should identify troubled notebooks:

The BIOS can be downloaded by clicking on the following hot link:  Satellite T135 v2.70 for the Satellite T135, Satellite T135D v1.90 for the Satellite T135D, Satellite Pro T130 v2.70 for the Satellite Pro T130,  The appropriate BIOS revision is also available as an update provided through the Toshiba Service Station Application installed on you computer.

Should the BIOS determine that a harness failure is occurring, external power will immediately be disabled eliminating the possibility of the over heating.  You will then need to contact the Toshiba call center to set up a warranty repair.  If the harness failure is detected while the system is operating you will receive a system message indicating that the failure has occurred and that external power has been disabled.  You may continue to use the system, without risk of overheating, using the remaining battery charge.  You should immediately close all open files and applications to avoid any data loss.  Once the data has been saved the system should be properly shutdown.   It will not be possible to recharge the battery within the system until it has been repaired

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/recall-toshiba-satellite-t135-t135d-and-satellite-pro-t130-notebooks/9592

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.