Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,316 members, 7,864,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:40 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291072 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2011
no need for that anymore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2011
Jeophri:

no need for that anymore
No need for what? Memory allocated to what? Don't assume people are in your mind, state your questions clearly.

Sweetdoct247:

I think I've found a better way to put my question. How can I share laptop's internet connection with my phone nokia c7 and/ipod touch. The laptop internet connection is through multilinks usb 3g modem
Download Connectify and set up a wireless connection using your modem as the source of the Internet Connection. Then you can browse via your phone/iPod.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2011
bxcode:

I cant install firefox 6.02 on my laptop compaq P CQ56, if i begin the installation process it stops midway without any message, any help please. smiley smiley
Have you tried downloading another version of the program? Do you have a pre-existing installation of firefox? What OS are you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2011
My compaq starter refuses to instal firefox 6. It stops installing after showing pop up saying 'extracting'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2011
3kay945:

My compaq starter refuses to instal firefox 6. It stops installing after showing pop up saying 'extracting'

go to program file and see if there is a mozilla/firefox folder if its there delete it

and restart your pc then download firefox again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tivx: 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2011
I replace my laptop battery but if i remove the power from the source it goes of immediately, just like d previews one i replaced again but the problem persist.pls what shld i do to correct this problem and what is d possible cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2011
tivx:

I replace my laptop battery but if i remove the power from the source it goes of immediately, just like d previews one i replaced again but the problem persist.pls what shld i do to correct this problem and what is d possible cause?

when the DC is plugged and the pc show that it is charging ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 2:26am On Sep 27, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

go to program file and see if there is a mozilla/firefox folder if its there delete it

and restart your pc then download firefox again
Thanx. U re good because it works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 2:33am On Sep 27, 2011
Pls i need to know why a new acer ultimate laptor could not see, identify or connect to our company wireless. Am expecting solution. Thanks in advance!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by melotech(m): 6:51am On Sep 27, 2011
my system hang when in home screen i.e when i power on after the welcome messages it will write(application fail to initialize properly 0x80000003 click ok to terminate the application ) after clicking ok it will get to the home screen and hang have taken it to some acclaim computer engineer who formatted it for me but the problem still persist pls help me out the system is Compaq desktop p4 ram 512 Hd 80g thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by starmal: 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2011
cool cool cool cool hey guys i just found a great site with loads of cool computer tutorials. http://handytechie..com/ try it grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2011
3kay945:

Pls i need to know why a new acer ultimate laptor could not see, identify or connect to our company wireless. Am expecting solution. Thanks in advance!

1st is your wireless ON on your pc ? if it sometimes you have to restart the wireless router then your pc should be able to pick it, then configure and restart your pc or both pc and router
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2011
melotech:

my system hang when in home screen i.e when i power on after the welcome messages it will write(application fail to initialize properly 0x80000003 click ok to terminate the application ) after clicking ok it will get to the home screen and hang have taken it to some acclaim computer engineer who formatted it for me but the problem still persist pls help me out the system is Compaq desktop p4 ram 512 Hd 80g thanks in advance

dont be spoon feed you can google the 0x80000003 problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

That's not a nice way to reply ZIM smiley

@melotech: You should specify the title of the Window so we can know the application that encounters this error when you boot. From the way you sound, it might be might be your userinit. Once we find out the culprit, we will be in a better position to determine the next step smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by woyeld: 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
Pls help me out, my compaq presario nx 7000 report error *smart hard drive detect imminent failure in line 05*. i have tried to replace the hard drive & connector believing that one of them is failty, yet the system still report error each time i power it on. i'm using windows Xp, 80Gb, 512 ram. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2011
1. Pls hw and where can i download updated avast antivirous.
2. Hw can i upgrade my 240mb Ram to GB
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2011
Bayo igbekele:

1. Pls hw and where can i download updated avast antivirous.
2. Hw can i upgrade my 240mb Ram to GB

avast should be able to updates it self if the update is ticked in the settings

just buy more ram swap or add the new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:17am On Sep 28, 2011
skydancer:

That's not a nice way to reply ZIM smiley

@melotech: You should specify the title of the Window so we can know the application that encounters this error when you boot. From the way you sound, it might be might be your userinit. Once we find out the culprit, we will be in a better position to determine the next step smiley

am serious man

some people here rush to ask us here when they can just google the problem and solve the problem themselve
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

am serious man

some people here rush to ask us here when they can just google the problem and solve the problem themselve
Yeah, I know, but on taking a closer look at his case, you would have realized it's not something that can be solved with Google. It's an internal application problem and he doesn't even know the application giving the problem yet. It's not that simple and besides, don't expect everyone can easily find solutions like you on the Internet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2011
skydancer:

Yeah, I know, but on taking a closer look at his case, you would have realized it's not something that can be solved with Google. It's an internal application problem and he doesn't even know the application giving the problem yet. It's not that simple and besides, don't expect everyone can easily find solutions like you on the Internet.

he was going to solve it with google

remember google give you hits to pages that has whatever you search for, therefore he was going to come across discusions of that faulty and how they managed to fix it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
melotech:

ZIM DRILL:

Go back to the technician.

Engineer To do the following List

On getting there tell the engineer you like to click run and
type in msconfig press enter click start up and remove all the ticks

except those that start with Microsoft co operation. click apply and ok
restart then test to see if error would appear.

Engineer should propose another 512MB to make it 1GB .Engineer should run cc leaner to remove junks

Tell engineer to run cmd as an administrator and type fsutil dirty query c: then press enter c stands for your hard drive letter

if still no joy tell engineer to visit bios and run a memory test. If possible list all the programmes

you have installed on your computer by going to control panel add remove program
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2011
woyeld:

Pls help me out, my compaq presario nx 7000 report error *smart hard drive detect imminent failure in line 05*. i have tried to replace the hard drive & connector believing that one of them is failty, yet the system still report error each time i power it on. i'm using windows Xp, 80Gb, 512 ram. Thanks

the failure will happen take it to a technician

Bye
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nelsoncon: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2011
my laptop is nt charging battery but went u put the battery inside it will charge.wat the problem[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2011
Nelsoncon:

my laptop is nt charging battery but went u put the battery inside it will charge.wat the problem[size=8pt][/size]

you are confusing us --- my laptop not charging battery but went u put the battery inside it will charge
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ugotuf(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2011
My Compaq nx8230 cannot hibernate again after i installed XP SP3.Does any one have an idea on how to get this bug fixed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:04am On Sep 30, 2011
ugotuf:

My Compaq nx8230 cannot hibernate again after i installed XP SP3.Does any one have an idea on how to get this bug fixed?

Click start, all programmes, accessories, right click command prompt

and run as an administrator. A black box would appear type in

the following. powercfg h on press enter restart machine then test
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ugotuf(m): 10:55am On Sep 30, 2011
Hi Deji,thanx a lot for your quick response,here is a clip of the msg i'm getting.kindly help out

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2011
^^^^
You installed the OS twice. One of them has the problem.

Click on your battery icon and make some adjustment - when you want your system to hibernate ,etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.