Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1278013 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
@ all4naija, I know bro. I feel for him though, not knowing your way around erroneously deleted drive can be daunting. But, he needs to move on now!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cupidkc(m): 12:10am On Sep 04, 2011
@all4naija n deji my lappy is dell vostro 1320.
When i formatted my drive d, it only had like 5 songs in it, just felt like using the format way for deleting them,instead of the normal highlighting and deleting. My bad!!! and my drive i(83gb) that i lost is empty.
As for the system restore, i have tried it before but it says there's no restore point,please note that my system is a new one. Thanks for everything.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 04, 2011
GREETINGS DEAR FRIEND.
MY BB PlN: 243FF255.
GOT TECHNICAL PROBLEMS?
FROM LAPTOPS TO BLACKBERRIES?
UNIVERSAL 3.5G MODEMS?
PING ME OR CALL 07060924444/08091528201.
OR FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @BASE411
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cisse7575(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2011
how can i hide my ip? im restricted from some sites, please advise
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2011
Cupidkc:

@all4naija n deji my lappy is dell vostro 1320.
When i formatted my drive d, it only had like 5 songs in it, just felt like using the format way for deleting them,instead of the normal highlighting and deleting. My bad!!! and my drive i(83gb) that i lost is empty.
As for the system restore, i have tried it before but it says there's no restore point,please note that my system is a new one. Thanks for everything.

to honest i do see your problem or even your loss

you formatted the drive to wipe off the 5 songs in doing that you lost the drive (I) so we asked you whether the I drive you crying about was in DRIVE you created within the actual physical drive in your pc, i havent seen the respond to that

you can still create that drive, am sure your actuall drive is 250gig
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cupidkc(m): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2011
My system was bought that way, i mean the drive c,drive d and drive i.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xionez(m): 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2011
Please how do one install GTA San Andreas from a disc.
I got one from Computer Village a year back and i couldn't install it. I always get this error - Data Error ( Cyclic Redundancy Check)- no matter what i do ( installing, copying or ripping the whole CD). I have returned and tried all CD's, but still the same answer.
Is there another way of installing it. Thanks.
PS. i seem not to be able to copy gta3.img

I got the Upgrade Advisor, i needed more RAM for Windows 7. Wonder how much 3GB will cost? :/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^^
As far as you have ripped the whole CD and still have the same problem after exhausting other means to get it to install on your system means that either your DVD ROM doesn't recognized normal CDs or just that it is bad. Cyclic Redundancy Check usually comes up after several attempt by system to read from a disk failed. What I would advise you to do in this case is to try and get a complete genuine image of that software and rip to a usb and do the installation with it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Easy09: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2011
visa phone modem for sale just 6500 naira only this is my number 08168848673 callme now the earlier the better,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phoneworks: 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2011
I need any acer mini laptop that is capable of saying 8hours or more. It is urgently needed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:39am On Sep 05, 2011
phoneworks:

I need any acer mini laptop that is capable of saying 8hours or more. It is urgently needed.

8 hrs will you be just looking at screen doing nothing for it to last that long ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Malvinelly(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
my advast has aspired and also refuses to uninstall. pls i need help dis is my email malvinelly@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
Malvinelly:

my advast has aspired and also refuses to uninstall. pls i need help dis is my email malvinelly@yahoo.com

did it expire from 30 days trial or from a full one year subcription?

go to www.filehippo.com

look for windows install clean up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phoneworks: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

8 hrs will you be just looking at screen doing nothing for it to last that long ?

We are in LED era now. There are even some that last more than that. Do ur research mmmm.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
phoneworks:

We are in LED era now. There are even some that last more than that. Do your research mmmm.

Who is deceiving you? Only tablet pcs last up to 10hrs on batteries
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2011
denzel2009:

Who is deceiving you? Only tablet pcs last up to 10hrs on batteries
phoneworks:

We are in LED era now. There are even some that last more than that. Do your research mmmm.

LED battery ? or LED SCREEN ?

am yet to hear of LED battery dont confuse LED screen power saving and laptop battery lasting longer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by morzook(m): 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2011
where can i download fingerprint driver for my hp dv4?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^^
Visit HP official website and look for your system model and download the specific driver you need for that case.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dmy(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2011
Abeg helepe me oh any body.i trued copying some file from an external hard drive.na since then my trouble start!!a message wiith WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING,WINDOWSIS RESTARTING is displayed.the desktop then freezes,restarts and then it begins all over again.i've done system restore,scanned the system,regedit,diskchk,disabled third party servces,scan disk,updated windows EVERYTHING.BUt still no changes.Any techqies in the house that can help.PLEASE!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^^^
@ dmy

There are a lot of causes of this Internet Explorer related problem but mainly caused by bugs.

First of all, what type of OS are you using?I think it is one of the softwares you installed that is conflicting with the Internet Explorer and has become a bug. Uninstall many of the softwares you know that are not useful to your system from the control panel.

Now you can try this:

1. Go to start --> Run --> type msconfig and click OK.

2. Go to Start Up in your System Configuration and uncheck every other thing.

3. Restart your system press  F8 to got to safe mode and do a system restore to the time you were not experiencing the problem or      rather leave with doing a system restore.

4. Restart your system in normal mode.

or simply double click on your My Computer [/b]to open it, at the upper left hand corner there is a drop down with the title[b] ORGANIZE - click and move to[b] Folder and Search Option[/b]. Then click View and check[b] Always show icons, never thumbnails[/b] and uncheck  Display file icon on thumbnails(which ususally checked by default) and click OK. This is a solution if the system is not experiencing any bug.

Report back here with your result.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by asskush: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
Hello the Chair,

i have broadcom integrated controler on my laptop.
many times it always indicate "local area wire plugged and enebled"
does it mean it has connected to the internet?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by salemdv(m): 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
Big bro,
my pc ptIV boot 4 like an hour, and after such it tells my antivirus(eset) is corrupt, pls wat can i do 2 resolve it cuz ve tried uninstalling it bt it neva cmes up for hours
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:40am On Sep 08, 2011
I wanted to install pes on my laptop tru msd & since den i av nt b able 2 use
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 2:56am On Sep 09, 2011
dmy:

Abeg helepe me oh any body.i trued copying some file from an external hard drive.na since then my trouble start!!a message wiith WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING,WINDOWSIS RESTARTING is displayed.the desktop then freezes,restarts and then it begins all over again.i've done system restore,scanned the system,regedit,diskchk,disabled third party servces,scan disk,updated windows EVERYTHING.BUt still no changes.Any techqies in the house that can help.PLEASE!!!!
I believe a malware infection has taken place. Download and install ROBOSAM from www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Removal-Tools/Robosys-Security-Anti-Malware.shtml
Then use it and scan your system and tell us the result smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ekpriobong(m): 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2011
I need help pls. My HP Pavilion 6700 laptop is given me too much headed. I just shut down the system in the night and the following morning, I tried powering it and it won't start rather it would try starting then go back and try again then go back again, just like a cycle. The last time I used it I noticed a kind of flex problem on the screen, can this be causing start up problem for the system. Pls help. Should it be a board problem? I need solutions pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2011
ekpriobong:

I need help pls. My HP Pavilion 6700 laptop is given me too much headed. I just shut down the system in the night and the following morning, I tried powering it and it won't start rather it would try starting then go back and try again then go back again, just like a cycle. The last time I used it I noticed a kind of flex problem on the screen, can this be causing start up problem for the system. Pls help. Should it be a board problem? I need solutions pls.
Do you see any picture on the screen when restarting?
Flex problems have not been known to cause restart problems to pc. .
Please be alot more specific.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ekpriobong(m): 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2011
yes, it can show pictures based on how you can tune the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Waxxzy(m): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2011
Computer instructor/teacher needed urgently. he or she must live around ikeja, egbeda, iyana ipaja, dopemu or anywhere near those places. For phone interview call Emmanuel on 08182917178
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by morzook(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
Visit HP official website and look for your system model and download the specific driver you need for that case.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

can't seem to download from the site, tried multiple times. any other suggestion?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sandysprax(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2011
Hello Guys, i just bought a brand new mac pc but am having problem installing programs tht are compatible with mac. can anyone walk me thru how to install programs on mac pls.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.