Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268235 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 10:33am On Feb 22, 2010
I'm still waiting pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wackhack(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2010
at last my system was formatted because of corruption of my OS. WELL, thanks to you guys for supportive and advice. God bless you all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2010
Som1 plz i'm aving problm wif my toshiba satellite l10-117 BATTERY with xp runin on it. My baterry was working well as at last week satrday, bt ystrday d battery kept charging for more dan 8 straight hrs witout showing battery full and it doesn't go more dan 12/cent, i dnt knw watz wrng wif it PLSSSSSSSS!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zenus(m): 5:09pm On Feb 22, 2010
1stknight:

Som1 plz i'm aving problm wif my toshiba satellite l10-117 BATTERY with xp runin on it. My baterry was working well as at last week satrday, bt ystrday d battery kept charging for more dan 8 straight hrs witout showing battery full and it doesn't go more dan 12/cent, i dnt knw watz wrng wif it PLSSSSSSSS!

Some cells in ur battery is fading off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 11:38pm On Feb 22, 2010
zenus:

Some cells in your battery is fading off
thanks, so wat am i going to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingron: 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2010
how can i get direct 3d accelerator available nd agp texture accelerator becos it is showing not available on the dxdiag
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by slideshow(m): 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2010
Plz my PC is infected wit virus nd i want to format it livin my files in d partitioned space. I hav d software needed, How can i acheiv diz? I need d confg settings. Thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
slideshow:

Plz my PC is infected wit virus nd i want to format it livin my files in d partitioned space. I hav d software needed, How can i acheiv diz? I need d confg settings. Thanx

What brand of PC?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2010
slideshow:

Duh!, .get a new one i suppose grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 12:06am On Feb 25, 2010
slideshow:

Formatting would be the last resort.

If you can restart your computer and go into safe mode with networking by pressing F8 continuously as soon as the computer is coming back on. From there, you can download this

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Do a full scan with it and restart normally. Your computer will be back to life.

Stop watching pretty ladies without a good antivirus, there are good free ones like AVIRA cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 12:18am On Feb 25, 2010
denzel2009:

Formatting would be the last resort.

If you can restart your computer and go into safe mode with networking by pressing F8 continuously as soon as the computer is coming back on. From there, you can download this

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Do a full scan with it and restart normally. Your computer will be back to life.

Stop watching pretty ladies without a good antivirus, there are good free ones like AVIRA  cheesy

If his PC has the inbuilt format thingy that doesnt need CD. . .he can just press F(something). . .and do the whole format and restore proces without downloading anything else. . .

Thats why i asked what brand so i can tell him what function to press while starting up

Those malware kini dont do the job jor. . .he should restore and make it the PC look new again!. . cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 12:24am On Feb 25, 2010
lalaboi:

If his PC has the inbuilt format thingy that doesnt need CD. . .he can just press F(something). . .and do the whole format and restore proces without downloading anything else. . .

Thats why i asked what brand so i can tell him what function to press while starting up

Those malware kini dont do the job jor. . .he should restore and make it the PC look new again!. . cheesy

Do you think everybody has back ups like you? cheesy I have been sorting malware/virus problems out for ages with that thing remotely via teamviewer. Trust me it works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 12:28am On Feb 25, 2010
True that. . .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 3:53am On Feb 25, 2010
Guys, i just got a branded p4 hp pc but it is without any ram and hard disk. I installed a 512Mb ram and a 40Gg hard disk both got detected but it just keep restarting when i turn it on i have tried going through safe mode, debuggin and so on to no avail. I tried reinstalling the operating system but d pc refused to boot from cd even after making cd rom first boot device. Pls guys what can i do next? Just in case the pc's processor speed is 3ghz and d ram card and hard disk are both from my old pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 11:58am On Feb 25, 2010
No reply still well, its all good. I manage to get it working though am still on it. How did i do it well i hav't had any sleep since my last message. Wow just got to the final share of installation. Feels good cuz my effort paid off finally.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
Timsilver:

No reply still well, its all good. I manage to get it working though am still on it. How did i do it well i hav't had any sleep since my last message. Wow just got to the final share of installation. Feels good cuz my effort paid off finally.

I dont think you will sleeping much from now on cos getting a laptop without a Ram or HDD is not clear to me. There might have been problem with the Motherboard or or other hardwares.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hakon: 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
You can get a free internet Hardware and Activation in Victoria island. this Offer is for limited time only. Call 07030106698 for more details. or mail ikemefuna@hyperia.com. for corporate offices.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Michealeni: 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
Guyz plz i have desk top pentium 4 with a ram of 96mb and hard disk of 30gb, will it be possible for me to install a pc suit and fire fox also marvis becon on the pc? Pls help me out,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lightwalk(m): 10:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
Michealani u dey vex o. Why not just upgrade the ram? RAM is very cheap. . 512MB is around 3k. You can then join anything you want. That's the only problem u might have. .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:53pm On Feb 25, 2010
kingron:

how can i get direct 3d accelerator available nd agp texture accelerator becos it is showing not available on the dxdiag

Dear kingron,

Thanks for the above enquiry would be grateful if you can provide make and model of your computer
and operating system type. This is to assist me and my colleagues in providing accurate information.

I checked my dxdiag and they are enabled.

Here's your diagnostics kingron, get to device manager if you can or use google to find out.
look for display adaptor click the + sign and tell us what it says and then right click > properties
>details could you tell us what it says or use prtscreen to take snapshot.

I think you need to update your display driver. if you are connected to the internet
get to device again right click on your graphics card > update driver software >
and the rest is self explanatory since am not sure if you are on xp or vista

This may help http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/directx.aspx

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
slideshow:

Dear slideshow,

Thanks for the above enquiry if i understand what you meant, you want to format your computer and
still have your document intact. if this is so, I am sorry to say is impossible. would also be grateful if you
can explain much better. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
lalaboi:

Absolutely will have done the same thing, that's the first question a good technician would often ask.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2010
lalaboi:

Duh!, .get a new one i suppose grin

lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
1stknight:

Here's your diags

let battery run down, try charging outside windows
then test. if not you may need a bios update.

What's the operating system ?

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dear Kaba,

RE: DESKTOP ICONS BIG (Chasing up)

Hope the problem has been solved ?

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 4:31am On Feb 26, 2010
deji2009:

Here's your diags

let battery run down, try charging outside windows
then test. if not you may need a bios update.

What's the operating system ?

Good luck !
thanks, i dloaded d latest bios update frm toshiba bt still no joy, i'm using win xp sp2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chykason(m): 8:23am On Feb 26, 2010
Our able hands,
I have HP COMPAQ with 120Gb HDD, 3Ghz processor & 512 Ram. Because the pc isn't sending any signals to the monitor, i tried replacing d Ram. But it have developed fresh fault: every time i ON d Pc, power indicator will blink and off immediately. Please, I don't know what's wrong with it. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chykason(m): 8:23am On Feb 26, 2010
Our able hands,
I have HP COMPAQ with 120Gb HDD, 3Ghz processor & 512 Ram. Because the pc isn't sending any signals to the monitor, i tried replacing d Ram. But it have developed fresh fault: every time i ON d Pc, power indicator will blink and off immediately. Please, I don't know what's wrong with it. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2010
denzel@ its a desktop computer and i guess d memory and hard disk where removed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2010
1stknight:

thanks, i dloaded d latest bios update frm toshiba bt still no joy, i'm using win xp sp2

Here's your diags

Disconnect battery
and charger+ others
such as printer etc

hold down laptop power
button for 30seconds
to discharge static

pop battery back in
and charge for 1 hour
then disconnect charger
and see if laptop will turn
off. if it does then change your
battery if doesn't turn off
then is something else.

Turn off laptop &

Make sure charger is
plugged in and take note of
any LED lights such battery and
charger. are they lit ?

Good luck !

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.