Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:43 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291271 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 10:43am On Nov 09, 2013
deji2009:

The error indicated that your hard disk is corrupt due to the fact the
computer did not copy the complete system files to the hard drive
further more
Without safe mode repairs, repairs would be difficult to
run, i.e. check disk or sfc /scannow. in the meanwhile get external cd rom
and connect to your laptop then check your bios usually by f2 to change boot order to
cd dvd and put in an xd cd make sure you complete the previous installations.
without completing it to o 100% the laptop will continue to give you problems.
this time around make sure you complete it. there are no shortcut
can i use a laptop with a cd-rom to do it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kingsley1000: Pls i need help. I installed vm ware in my win7 to run some win xp compatible programs. So i assigned 40G to it but when i uninstald d vm ware my 40G didn't come back n i don't know what to do. Pls help cos 40G is too much to loose. Tnks
is the 40GB VISIBLE as partition?? Eg c:/ localdisk and E:/ 40gb partition? If yes jux click on strt-->riqht click on computer select manage! Click on disk management! Delete the 40gb volume and click on active disk(C:/) EXTEND VOLUME
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kingsley1000: Pls i need help. I installed vm ware in my win7 to run some win xp compatible programs. So i assigned 40G to it but when i uninstald d vm ware my 40G didn't come back n i don't know what to do. Pls help cos 40G is too much to loose. Tnks

if i may ask did u click on the box where it says allocate all disk space now when u wen creating d disk?

if u did den the whole 40gb space will be allocated instantly.. if u didnt then as ur files grow bigger, the space will also grow 2wards d 40gb u allocated initially. there shud be a default folder (my documents/my virtual machines). u shud find all ur vms there...so go ahead n del d folder if u dont need d vms anymore

gudluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sapienman(m): 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
deji2009:

when in recovery manager via f11 select system recovery backup recommended
then it would ask for a storage device such as USB stick or an external hard drive

Thanks Deji.
I'll do that and get back to you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hello wonderful peeps. I downloaded Opera on my laptop a few weeks back but I've been having a slight problem,possibly with the download process. I'll attach a screenshot. The thing pops up everytime i open my browser ie Opera.
What am i suppossed to do with it ?

Thanks in advance. smiley

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 2:06am On Nov 10, 2013
Please gurus,is this laptop a good and fast laptop.please I need your help on deciding in the purchase from jumia.
Pavilion 15 Core i3 (4GB, 500GB HDD) 15.6-Inch Laptop
Short description
Screen Size: 15.6"
Processor: Core i3-3110
RAM (GB): 4GB
Hard Drive: 500GB
Resolution: 1366 x 768 :HD
Operating System: Win8 EM 64 STD
Optical Drive: DDR3L 1DM
CPU processor speed(GHZ) : 2.40
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:47am On Nov 10, 2013
lymelyte: Please gurus,is this laptop a good and fast laptop.please I need your help on deciding in the purchase from jumia.
Short description
Spec is good but at what price. We need a price correlation to determine if it is worth it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:55am On Nov 10, 2013
ifyalways: Hello wonderful peeps. I downloaded Opera on my laptop a few weeks back but I've been having a slight problem,possibly with the download process. I'll attach a screenshot. The thing pops up everytime i open my browser ie Opera.
What am i suppossed to do with it ?

Thanks in advance. smiley
click on open. Locate the file and un zip. Lets see whats inside. But from the address locating its like they are service files containing dictionary of meanings for a plug in or maybe a widget. Just open it first. But wait you are so damn conscious of you ammoninity that you had to even erase the user folder id. Lol. I understand though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:57am On Nov 10, 2013
Debeloved87: can i use a laptop with a cd-rom to do it.
get an external cd rom for your system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 6:22am On Nov 10, 2013
I've opened it severally but can't make anything out of it afterwards. No unzip option .only extract and when i extract,it brings me back to the same page as attached. undecided Heres what it looks like after i click on open . Thank you.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:30am On Nov 10, 2013
Open the last file. I.e the read me file. Lets see what they got to say. Also click on the first file and open with opera. . I can see a configuration file. I.e the third file open it also and lets hear the response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 7:34am On Nov 10, 2013
onegig: get an external cd rom for your system.
thanks this time around, am not breaking it, i just got to get it even by nxt month.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 8:53am On Nov 10, 2013
onegig: Spec is good but at what price. We need a price correlation to determine if it is worth it.
Price= 90k. is it worth it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:03am On Nov 10, 2013
lymelyte:
Price= 90k. is it worth it?
its okay and not too expensive. But let me ask does it have a dedicated video memory? I.e whats the video adapter type? Also what do you wanna use the system for?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2013
onegig: its okay and not too expensive. But let me ask does it have a dedicated video memory? I.e whats the video adapter type? Also what do you wanna use the system for?

Ongegig ? This is brilliant !
I'd go 4 it if the user reply back with Intel
video adapter with Intel CPU.BIG YES

NVIDIA AMD RADEON nooooooooooooooooooo
from me.
cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2013
lymelyte: Please gurus,is this laptop a good and fast laptop.please I need your help on deciding in the purchase from jumia.
Short description
the Laptop was posted here for 88k, and the delivery outside Lagos free. Lagos folks can come to our shop at CV to pick. Dial the number on my signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2013
deji2009:

from me.
cheesy
Laptops Andstuffs HP PAV 15-E000SE - Intel® Core™
i3-3110M with Intel HD Graphics 4000
2.4 GHz Processor , 15.6 HD BV
Antiglare Display , 4GB DDR-3
RAM,500GB HDD, SuperMulti DVD±R/RW
with double layer support, 6 Cell Battery, WiFi 802.11 bgn, Web Cam +
Mic, Bluetooth, Windows 8 64,1 Year
Warranty
Price= N88,000.00
Delivery is free nationwide
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2013
deji2009:

from me.
cheesy
How you doing? Been around but too busy to even post any responses. Don't want to give a stressed response that might crash someone's laptop. Lol.
Yeah. He should state it. But i guess NVIDIA's geeforce series are still the best for gaming and heavy graphics work even intel hd can't rival them.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2013
onegig: How you doing? Been around but too busy to even post any responses. Don't want to give a stressed response that might crash someone's laptop. Lol.
Yeah. He should state it. But i guess NVIDIA's geeforce series are still the best for gaming and heavy graphics work even intel hd can't rival them.
its true oo intel hd badt . am usinq intel hd on mia pavillon g6 it sucks especially hiqh graphic games eg inversions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 11:36am On Nov 10, 2013
onegig: its okay and not too expensive. But let me ask does it have a dedicated video memory? I.e whats the video adapter type? Also what do you wanna use the system for?

Processor Brand: Dual UMA
Battery: 6 Cell Lithium Iron
Wireless: Yes
USB Ports: Yes
SKU (simple):
Weight (kg): 2.5
Colour: Black
Display Size (inches): 15.6
Hard Disk (GB): 500
CPU Speed (GHz): 2.40
Processor Type: Intel
Operating System: Windows 8
Highlights:
I want to use it for surfing the net n play games
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
please i need; my laptop realy gets hot these days. I mean real hot to touch especialy d mouse board and i dont use d laptop 4 longer periods. It just gets hot! Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
mgb4reel: please i need; my laptop realy gets hot these days. I mean real hot to touch especialy d mouse board and i dont use d laptop 4 longer periods. It just gets hot! Pls help
have u examined the fans?? do de spin? more also do u notice any vibration from them...some may even have dust or other particles clogged on d blades... my best advice is that u get it 2 a gud technician 2 examine it..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
@lymelyte
If its light gaming. Like playing pes.fifa and need for speed. No wahala. I guess it has intel graphics. But if you want heavy gaming you would have to find one i.e NVIDIA with dedicated graphics memory. Also look up the bro who says he got the same spec here for sale.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
onegig: @lymelyte
If its light gaming. Like playing pes.fifa and need for speed. No wahala. I guess it has intel graphics. But if you want heavy gaming you would have to find one i.e NVIDIA with dedicated graphics memory. Also look up the bro who says he got the same spec here for sale.
Thanks..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
brightk: have u examined the fans?? do de spin? more also do u notice any vibration from them...some may even have dust or other particles clogged on d blades... my best advice is that u get it 2 a gud technician 2 examine it..

thanks bro. It does spin bt i'l take ur advice. Tanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kayode121: 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pls anybody help with AVG antivirus 1 year code
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Marshiro(m): 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pls house I need your help concerning my system. I jst installed Empire Earth Gold edition on my system and anytime I load the game,it loads the introduction and then I hear a beep which then displays Low level engine.dll error. My system met all the requirements for the game.I use an hp mini laptop with windows vista. Will really appreciate your help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itzsamflex: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
pls i nidt VGA DRIVER FOR MY WINDOWS7 pls wer can i get it... or can sm1 hlp wif a download link# tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahlay(m): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pls I need help on how to clear BIOS password on my hp elite book 6930p
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
wahlay: Pls I need help on how to clear BIOS password on my hp elite book 6930p
how are we sure its urs.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
itzsamflex: pls i nidt VGA DRIVER FOR MY WINDOWS7 pls wer can i get it... or can sm1 hlp wif a download link# tnx
whats the laptop model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
wahlay: Pls I need help on how to clear BIOS password on my hp elite book 6930p
You can't do this yourself. Take it to an authorised technician. Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.