Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,370 members, 7,864,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:48 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291239 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
my laptop is now a heck of problems, my dvd rom is not working again, my laptop showing me to replace batery, it wont last upto 10mins after power cut, pls help me my laptop is usualy hot when on then later it wil show me cpu 100
percent activity, it wil start to hang!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itzsamflex: 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
onegig: whats the laptop model?
itz hp compaq nc6000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
The Honest Expert in Little Problems (HELP) is here!
With the little i know, i will try to explain some of your laptop's problems accordingly:
Emzybrown: my laptop is now a heck of problems,
1. my dvd rom is not working again,
check for any slack of your dvd player. This is located beside the laptop. If possible, remove it, and re insert properly, making sure that the connectors are not clogged in any way(s).
After re-insertion, if it doesn't recognise it still, you may have a faulty DVD Rom.
The fault may arise from you watching movies with the laptop without copying it first. This weakens the lens easily! Your laptop is not a dvd player!!

2. my laptop showing me to replace batery, remove the battery, wrap in an airtight object like nylon, or polythene bags and put it in the freezer for like five hours. Remove it and let it wait in a cool dry place for another 1 hour. Then insert it into the laptop, charge, and check for any other error.
Of this doesn't work, boot into the bios, and check for the setting to calibrated or check the battery. (i don't know your system config.
If after taking all these steps the computer is still giving the same message, you may need to replace your battery.
A normal computer battery should last for five hours, but we usually overlabour them by gaming with battery power! This is the major cause of weak batteries, beware!

3. it wont last upto 10mins after power cut,
as explained above

4. pls help me my laptop is usualy hot when on then....
this may be another reason for the battery problem as normal lithium batteries 'love' operating at temperatures lower than 15degree c.
Have you ever wonder why your phone takes longer to charge when hot? That is why!
It is normal for the system to get a little warm while in use for a long period but wanking your system to any hotness around 75 degree c. is pretty uncool!
This can be caused by dirt blocking the vents, using your system on a surface like rug, foam, or any other surface which may block the vent holes should also be avoided.
The system may need to be blown a little bit to clear off the dust, and the thermal glue cleaned off and re-applied. Your laptop is not a vacuum cleaner, keep out of dust, it is allergic to it!!
If these steps fails, viruses may be the cause. This will be explained shortly in the next complaint!

5. later it wil show me cpu 100
percent activity, it wil start to hang!
[b] a quick solution must be found to this or else you may get your CPU damage on the long run!!! .
. P.C usage can be checked from the bottom section of the task manager.
I have seen many occasions of this occurrence. This can cause your system to overheat because the CPU is being forced to be occupied - which may boomerang into a hot p.c which wears the battery with 'hotness'!
The solution to this is to boot into safe mode (quickly press F8 while in bios). Check the computer usage. At this juncture, if it is still near 100%, consider re-installing your O.S.
If the usage is below 13%, then started uninstalling or disabling some startup applications and/or services. If it still can't help the situation, i am out of options because no antuvirus can redeem this. You will have to re-install windows! Im sorry for that though! However, this can be done without losing all of your software, and any of your files provided you know how to re-install windows without formatting the Hard Drive. [/b]
As requested please.
-Big-t

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by billtommy(m): 12:04am On Nov 11, 2013
My fellow nairalanders........I need your help pls.........I've a problem using an mtn fastlink modem I just bought on my HP mini 110-4100. The modem interface opens but the modem won't recognize any sim card, not even the primary sim card (this isn't an unlocking issue as I am not after that yet) I found out that there are some drivers missing from my system, and all my efforts to install these drivers proved abortive. I'll appreciate your sincere response(s) to get this problem resolved. It is a Huawei modem E303. Btw, the modem works properly when I installed it on other people's laptops.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:20am On Nov 11, 2013
billtommy: My fellow nairalanders........I need your help pls.........I've a problem using an mtn fastlink modem I just bought on my HP mini 110-4100. The modem interface opens but the modem won't recognize any sim card, not even the primary sim card (this isn't an unlocking issue as I am not after that yet) I found out that there are some drivers missing from my system, and all my efforts to install these drivers proved abortive. I'll appreciate your sincere response(s) to get this problem resolved. It is a Huawei modem E303. Btw, the modem works properly when I installed it on other people's laptops.
try to update the missing drivers! This cane be done through windows update!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 12:24am On Nov 11, 2013
@Onegig,wahala dey o cheesy
I opened the things as you said and it was just funny. Both files ie first and last opened as notepads. Doesnt make sense either. I have attached the screenshots.
Thank you.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2013
Good morning ppl,

Please I need ur help seriously, my laptop HP 625 AMD has been hanging. It will boot, show destop and icons and just hang, it won't allow me to do anytin even to shutdown xpt I use de ON button to shutdown and once I boot, it will hang again.

The last time I experienced this, I was able to do disk clean up from 'safe mode' and it stopped.
It usually update itself most times when I shutdown because I always go online, but the last time it wanted to update it stopped half way showing 'configuration failure' and remained like that.

Please kindly help me what do I do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2013
iffydave: Good morning ppl,

Please I need ur help seriously, my laptop HP 625 AMD has been hanging It will boot, show destop and icons and just hang, it won't allow me to do anytin even to shutdown xpt I use de ON button to shutdown and once I boot, it will hang again.

The last time I experienced this, I was able to do disk clean up from 'safe mode' and it stopped.
It usually update itself most times when I shutdown because I always go online, but the last time it wanted to update it stopped half way showing 'configuration failure' and remained like that.

Still start ur system through safe and check if it still hangs, if it allows you to work in safe mode, try and do a system restore, use one of the dates the system created during the updates.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 11, 2013
big-t:
With the little i know, i will try to explain some of your laptop's problems accordingly:
Thank boss for your reply, i have win7 ultimate cd, how can i reinstal windows witout formating hard drive.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marvelling(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2013
Pls help! I have been trying to install microsoft.net framework on my system but I have been unable to. It refuses to install, I don't know why. I am beginning to think the problem is from my system. Pls can someone here help me out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
marvelling: Pls help! I have been trying to install microsoft.net framework on my system but I have been unable to. It refuses to install, I don't know why. I am beginning to think the problem is from my system. Pls can someone here help me out?

what version of net frame are u trying to install. Some operating system will require you to install a lower version of net frame before installing a higher version. Or your installer is just corrupt u might as well try another copy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
marvelling: Pls help! I have been trying to install microsoft.net framework on my system but I have been unable to. It refuses to install, I don't know why. I am beginning to think the problem is from my system. Pls can someone here help me out?

KnightsTemplar:

what version of net frame are u trying to install. Some operating system will require you to install a lower version of net frame before installing a higher version. Or your installer is just corrupt u might as well try another copy.

When u installed it, what does it say ? any error ? And r u installing the correct version, i.e.
32 bit/64 bit forxp, vista, 7 or windows 8.please check this with yourself or with us

Given what KnightsTemplar's advised, I would suggest you buy internet bundle or credit
and make sure your laptop is running through the mains and install window's update
This would install all update as well as .net frame work. In the long run, it is better to do it this way. if you
need .net frame work to play a game or run a piece of software, why cant you visit the vendor's/software
website and see if you can download the framework? Most vendors usually have it on their website. if it is a
software try opening it and see if you read the readme. txt notepad or check the software instructions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Emzybrown: Thank boss for your reply, i have win7 ultimate cd, how can i reinstal windows witout formating hard drive.

I cite this from one of my fav website, so it may be of help.

http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/win7s-no-reformat-nondestructive-reinstall/

Please follow the instructions at your own risk, I and my colleague cannot be
hold responsible for any damage caused during and after partial recovery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marvelling(m): 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
deji2009:

When u installed it, what does it say ? any error ? And r u installing the correct version, i.e.
32 bit/64 bit forxp, vista, 7 or windows 8.please check this with yourself or with us

Given what KnightsTemplar's advised, I would suggest you buy internet bundle or credit
and make sure your laptop is running through the mains and install window's update
This would install all update as well as .net frame work. In the long run, it is better to do it this way. if you
need .net frame work to play a game or run a piece of software, why cant you visit the vendor's/software
website and see if you can download the framework? Most vendors usually have it on their website. if it is a
software try opening it and see if you read the readme. txt notepad or check the software instructions

Thanks I'll try it this evening. By the way its the version 4.0.30319 I was trying to install I downloaded it from the microdoff.net website and till now its not installing on my system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
marvelling:

Thanks I'll try it this evening. By the way its the version 4.0.30319 I was trying to install I downloaded it from the microdoff.net website and till now its not installing on my system.

Why installing net framework, any reason ?
How do you mean, it is not installing on your
system ? for example, installer not install
or what error is it ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marvelling(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

I'm using windows 7 server pack 1. I tried downloading the version 3.5, but it refuse to install. Its not on my system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marvelling(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
deji2009:

Why installing net framework, any reason ?
How do you mean, it is not installing on your
system ? for example, installer not install
or what error is it ?

I need it on my system before I can install another software. Any time i double click on the icon it runs but when I try installing the other software a pop up appears telling me that I don't have .net framework on my system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
Emzybrown: Thank boss for your reply, i have win7 ultimate cd, how can i reinstal windows witout formating hard drive.
ok pal, i will post that when i close from work. Expect be before 8. Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
iffydave: Good morning ppl,

Please I need ur help seriously, my laptop HP 625 AMD has been hanging. It will boot, show destop and icons and just hang, it won't allow me to do anytin even to shutdown xpt I use de ON button to shutdown and once I boot, it will hang again.

Given the previous diagnostics by my colleague, please restart the
laptop and immediately keep pressing f11 for bios. scroll down to diagnostics and
run me an hard drive test and take note of the result passed or failed with warranty Id code

If you have enough battery power or your laptop is running through the mains
and on the same screen run me a memory test and jot down the result.

do you have an antivrus on your laptop e.g. Norton or kerpesky AVG ? any important data on it ? I was pondering if
we can reset to factory settings that way you'd start fresh. Given what you have said I think
this laptop would continue to have problems. The solution would be to re install just don't take my
word for it. Let see what happened after the system restore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
big-t:
i did all the problems stil persist, how can i reinstal windows
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
Emzybrown: i did all the problems stil persist, how can i reinstal windows
try this first, if it doesn't work, i will give u my own style of doing it......
deji2009:

deji2009:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
ifyalways: @Onegig,wahala dey o cheesy
I opened the things as you said and it was just funny. Both files ie first and last opened as notepads. Doesnt make sense either. I have attached the screenshots.
Thank you.
Am mobile. Would get back to you soon.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 12, 2013
deji2009:

my brother yawa don gas, am in hot soup now, before i even saw this post, i went to bios and when i came back my lil sis pressd system recover now my files have disappear especialy my project research
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moshood44(m): 1:15am On Nov 12, 2013
Well done guys, i really need yot guyz assistance concerning my laptop. I format my PC cos of the problem it's been giving me and reinstal window 7 ultimate on it but it's requesting for the produck key. The laptop is toshiba, i would appreciate if U guys can help me out with the product key.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:01am On Nov 12, 2013
deji2009:

Emzybrown: my brother yawa don gas, am in hot soup now, before i even saw this post, i went to bios and when i came back my lil sis pressd system recover now my files have disappear especialy my project research

I did warn you, didn't I ? You can still recover the data if you download recuva.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:03am On Nov 12, 2013
moshood44: Well done guys, i really need yot guyz assistance concerning my laptop. I format my PC cos of the problem it's been giving me and reinstal window 7 ultimate on it but it's requesting for the produck key. The laptop is toshiba, i would appreciate if U guys can help me out with the product key.

Its against the rules and regulation that was laid down by the moderators.
Your best bet is to take to a repair shop for a genuine Product key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jidowu84: 2:47am On Nov 12, 2013
E GBA MI O! ITS MY LAPTOP. DELL LAT D630 WIN XP. I JST DOWNLOADED AVAST 2014 FREE VERSION RUN D SCAN N DETECTED SOME THREATS WHICH IT (AVAST) RECOMENDED CLEAN UP N I OBLIGE BY A CLICK OF OK. MY SYS NEEDED TO RESTART? ,OK. BUT AFTA ALL DAT, IT ASK ME TO PRESS ESC N I DID. NOW, IN D LOG IN PAGE. EACH TIME CLICK ON USER ID, N INPUT MY PWORD IT DISPLAY AN EMPTY PAGE N SHUT DOWN AFTER A WHILE . pls help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2013
jidowu84: E GBA MI O! ITS MY LAPTOP. DELL LAT D630 WIN XP. I JST DOWNLOADED AVAST 2014 FREE VERSION RUN D SCAN N DETECTED SOME THREATS WHICH IT (AVAST) RECOMENDED CLEAN UP N I OBLIGE BY A CLICK OF OK. MY SYS NEEDED TO RESTART?...... Etc.. .
it is likely your windows files are corrupt. It may be the explorer.exe or winlogon.exe.
Way forward: repair with your windows xp disc!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 8:38am On Nov 12, 2013
Emzybrown: my brother yawa don gas, am in hot soup now, before i even saw this post, i went to bios and when i came back my lil sis pressd system recover now my files have disappear especialy my project research
system recover cannot delete your files unless the project was installed as a programme
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marvelling(m): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2013
Microsoft.net framework refuse to install on my laptop. Am beginning to think my system is at fault. Pls what should I do to my system for this software to install? Any time I click run, it begins extracting the files. But as soon as it finishes extraction, the programme disappears as if I never tried installing it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fatito1(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2013
system xpert in d house.....wat cn cause(s) a system to b havin all sorts of problems lik keyboard(som keys cn jus stop workin suddenly but if i should remove keyboard frm d panel(wire) n replac it back d ceased keys wil work y d prob wil bounc on other keys)...blinkin of screen but if i hold/tap d edge of d system it wil stop blinkin......slow wen runnin on batery..... Cn d fault b frm d motherboard(panel)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:49am On Nov 12, 2013
marvelling: Microsoft.net framework refuse to install on my laptop. Am beginning to think my system is at fault. Pls what should I do to my system for this software to install? Any time I click run, it begins extracting the files. But as soon as it finishes extraction, the programme disappears as if I never tried installing it.

by marvelling(m): 3:13pm On Nov 11
deji2009:

prev msg

Have u installed window's update ?I would suggest you embrace a permanent solution rather than quick fix you need window's update

Given what KnightsTemplar's had previously advised, I would suggest you buy internet bundle or credit

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.