Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268962 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chipet(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2010
4llerbuntu:

did u install and apply the no-cd crack? the game is meant to be run with a cd, if u dont have the cd, u have to crack the game, then also apply the no-cd crack. consult the source where u got the game for the crack, or else, mount the cd image via daemon tools and run like that.
I installed with a cd(though it is pirated) It doesn`t plat even when the cd is running. Someone told me about that Daemon tools, I`ve downloaded it but dont know how to use it to mount picture. Pls help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sulele2009(m): 9:48am On Apr 12, 2010
My norton internet security just expired and wanted toi uninstall and use AVG. My efforts to uninstall proved futile. I did on control panel - programs. I couldn't delete the files in the program files at C. Somebody pls help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eleshin(m): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2010
just last night i put on my lappy but instead of d normal boothing to d home page,i saw microsoft 2007,there were 2 columns, username and password,wen i clicked ok there was nothing on d screen except my wallpaper.there was no icon to acess my laptop at all,it was just my wall paper.plssss anybody with useful information shud plsss do so now plssssss.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cupidkc(m): 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2010
My laptop doesnt 'ON'. I tried puttin it on wen its chargin,d green on light glows but d screen remain black. If I unplug it and try 2 ON it,d green light wont show at all. A frnd said its d battery, plz wht do u tink guyz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2010
chipet:

I installed with a cd(though it is pirated) It doesn`t plat even when the cd is running. Someone told me about that Daemon tools, I`ve downloaded it but dont know how to use it to mount picture. Pls help me.

you need to run the no-cd crack, check on the cd u used for it, if its not there, then check online, maybe in torrent sites like piratebay

sulele2009:

My norton internet security just expired and wanted toi uninstall and use AVG. My efforts to uninstall proved futile. I did on control panel - programs. I couldn't delete the files in the program files at C. Somebody pls help me out.

you ned to use the norton antivirus removal tool, its a sofware for uninstalling norton properly. google it, its free to download. install and run it.

eleshin:

just last night i put on my lappy but instead of d normal boothing to d home page,i saw microsoft 2007,there were 2 columns, username and password,wen i clicked ok there was nothing on d screen except my wallpaper.there was no icon to acess my laptop at all,it was just my wall paper.plssss anybody with useful information shud plsss do so now plssssss.

as i would say, how are we supposed to know what is wrong with your laptop (abi na desktop or mainframe)
you didnt even state what make and model of pc it is, what os you are running, what history you have with software like the MS 2007.
we are not winchards na, and there is not one solution to every pc problem. each is unique!!!
help us to help you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinna(f): 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2010
I was browsing on my laptop and it just went off suddenly on it own and its not coming back on. The charging light does not even come up when plugged. It was working fine just a minute ago, what went wrong??

PLEASE HELP!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2010
vinna:

I was browsing on my laptop and it just went off suddenly on it own and its not coming back on. The charging light does not even come up when plugged. It was working fine just a minute ago, what went wrong??

PLEASE HELP!!

have you checked the power source eg, socket!

does your laptop charger have a led light indicator, is it on?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2010
uni-kazzy:

@deji2009, pls since i format d system, the window doesn't update automatically again (window xp, dell latitude d600)

Dear Uni-Kazzy,

Sorry for the late reply. in other to activate windows update, please follow the followings.

For Windows XP

Go into your Control Panel by first clicking on the Start Button.

Then click on the Control Panel icon located in the right column of the Start Menu.

If your Start Menu is set to the Classic View, then begin by clicking on the Start Button.

Then click on Settings, then click on the Control Panel icon to open up the Control Panel.

Now, Double click on the System icon to open up the System Properties window.

Then click on the Automatic Updates tab located at the top of the screen.

Locate the Turn off automatic updating. I want to update my computer manually choice.

Then use your mouse to select this Manual Windows Update setting.

You can also uncheck this setting to turn automatic updating back on at a later time.

Now click the OK button to save your settings and exit the System Properties window.

And then close the Control Panel to return back to your Window session.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:51pm On Apr 12, 2010
Rogo:

SOMEONE SHOULD WITH THIS PROBLEM

MY DESKTOP SYSTEM SET UP LANGUAGE IS ON FRENCH LANGUAGE AND REFUSE TO CHANGE
HOW CAN I CHANGE FROM FRENCH TO ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND SET THE BOOT PRIORITY ON CD-ROM DRIVE OR IF THERE ARE OTHER MEANS OF BOOTING FROM CD-ROM DRIVE BECAUSE THIS SHOW ONLY PRESS F1 AND F12

PLEASE YOUR CONTRIBUTION IS VERY VITAL

THANKS

Dear Rogo,

Thank you for the above enquiry. for us to provide technical support please provide make and
model of computer, operating system type e.g. HP 1218.UK XP. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2010
Rukkiebell:

my pc is asking for the hard disk's password.I don't know it cuz i did not enable it.Maybe my siblings mistakenly did it.I cant use my system and i'm so confused.

Dear Rukkiebell l,

Thank you for the above enquiry and sorry for our late reply. for I and my colleagues to give
proper advice, we would like to know make and model of your computer. e.g. HP 1218.UK XP.

Hard drive password are authenticated and cannot be provided by myself and my colleagues.

This is similar to your bank pin number which is unknown to others. last resort is to
visit the computer manufacturer website for further information, consult a local technician
to backup your data and replace the hard drive. This the practical route in resolving this.

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2010
zilosxp:

Please Mr deji, my battery is not displaying on the taskbar.instead what is there is the icon that shows 'on ac power', even when i'm running on batteries! i've tried to ignore it but it is affecting me in the sense that i usually forget to shut down before the battery dies off. Urgently waiting for your reply. Thanks. The OS is windows xp unlimited and the computer is compaq presario. Processor is Amd,  

Here's your prescriptions in resolving this issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909606

Secondly, we need to run a battery test to determine if battery is faulty or not.

On your next reply provide make and model of your computer. e.g. HP 530. some compaq

notebook need bios update to rectify issues such as battery not showing, windows quit on

restart, overheating, wireless networks. To verify if your battery is working ok, here's a utility
from hp to test a failing battery www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2010
hooged:

I got a challenge here, i input a password into my laptop hp mini yesterday,and am sure of the password,but i try to on it wit the correct password,bt all i get is 'did you forget your password' help help help.

Dear hooged,

Thank you for the above enquiry and sorry for our late reply. password are case sensitive, therefore turn off caps lock
on your keyboard and try again. we would be please to know make and model of computer. e.g. Hp mini 5520 XP.

If no joy take it to a local repair shop for further assistance. last resort is to clean everything and start all over again.

This can be access by pressing f11 on start up > advance option > recovery without backing: provided no important data
then go ahead. make sure charger is connected as this can take up to 25-30 minutes to complete. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2010
Greatjoseph:

Pls i need help, when i insert my phone N70 to my pc.When i check manager it display ?N70 which means device unknown,what should i do.

Hello joseph,

Here's a link to nokia website for drivers and support.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2010
vinna:

PLEASE HELP!!

Don't be alarm !

Take out battery
+charger + hold
down laptop power
button for 30 sec

let go ! connect just
charger then test >

start windows normal

after that shutdown
pop battery in then
restart > This is to clear
any current left inside
the laptop and refresh
battery memory. what make
is your laptop . e.g. HP 530 XP

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rogo: 9:55am On Apr 13, 2010
SOMEONE SHOULD WITH THIS PROBLEM

MY DESKTOP SYSTEM SET UP LANGUAGE IS ON FRENCH LANGUAGE AND REFUSE TO CHANGE
HOW CAN I CHANGE FROM FRENCH TO ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND SET THE BOOT PRIORITY ON CD-ROM DRIVE OR IF THERE ARE OTHER MEANS OF BOOTING FROM CD-ROM DRIVE BECAUSE THIS SHOW ONLY PRESS F1 AND F12

PLEASE YOUR CONTRIBUTION IS VERY VITAL

THANKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olaleksy(m): 10:15am On Apr 13, 2010
Hello Sky d, pls i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in need of the HTTP Tunnel Configuration for browsing
pls if you have it, help me post it and God will supply all your need
in a million times.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinna(f): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2010
deji2009:

Don't be alarm !

Take out battery
+charger + hold
down laptop power
button for 30 sec

let go ! connect just
charger then test >

start windows normal

after that shutdown
pop battery in then
restart > This is to clear
any current left inside
the laptop and refresh
battery memory. what make
is your laptop . e.g. HP 530 XP

Good luck

I've tried dat, but its still not working. None of the power light is coming up. My laptop is an Hp compaq 2150
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2010
@ vinna like i said previously, is the charger led on?

if the charger is not working anymore, then obviously the laptop wont work na, the battery will be dead too!!!!

try to get someone with a similar laptop anduse ur charger on that laptop, also use the person's charger on your laptop.

alternatively, just take the charger to a tech person, and ask the person to check it if its still working.

when we find out that the issue is not with the power source, then we move to the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2010
@DEJI2009 and MICROGIANT i've resolved my friends audio problem, the dell dimension E051, didn't have time to search MICROGIANT'S solution and just tried DEJI'S own and discovered he disabled the audio unknowingly, SEE THE WAY THEY WERE HAILING ME WHEN THE SYSTEM PRODUCED SOUND, some one has already told him to bring N1500 to fix it, BUT THANKS TO YOU TWO i was able to help him save that cash.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chipet(m): 2:42am On Apr 14, 2010
[quote][/quote]That site requires some payment to register
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sehawale: 6:13am On Apr 14, 2010
I can't save new notepad documents on my pc. pls help. it all started a few days back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dwind: 11:17am On Apr 14, 2010
Please fellow nairagurus, my HP Deskjet D2400 printer software has been misplaced by unknown once.

please, any guru can help send the software in zip to boy_gprecious700@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dwind: 11:33am On Apr 14, 2010
Hello Sky d, pls i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in need of the HTTP Tunnel Configuration for browsing
pls if you have it, help me post it and God will supply all your need
in a million times.

send your e-mail address now!
I will be offline in less than 20minutes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jieyday: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2010
how can i disable the password in setup mode on my dell inpiron 1501 laptop. my mail is jydola@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2010
Kingsleyinfo:

try downloading avast anti virus then use this key to activate
C4715828R9974A0910-93VRF8A0

i would have pasted the file here but its a large size,
here is a link to download, http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=avast+4.8&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows%2CWebware&filter=platform%3DWindows%2CWebware
the key is for the pro version
hope it helps

what operating system are you using,
whats your laptop make
pls give specification
where does it boot up to exactly?

there could be something wrong with your BIOS
whats your laptop's specification
that is make model and all that.

avast is a pretty solid antivirus and its better than rising
but thats my opinion
plus it does what it is supposed to do

i use avast and i download a lot of files from torrent sites
i have never had a problem with virus cos avast protects my pc pretty well

or you can try downloading AVG its another solid antivirus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by qeemus: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2010
My laptop can not launch internet explorer or moxila firefox.this problem started recently.it's an ibm t40.i keep getting IEFRAME.DLL ERROR
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olaleksy(m): 1:22am On Apr 16, 2010
Hi Bros Dwind, This is my e-mail address

wonderfullekan@yahoo.com, or leksytechnologies@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yomade007(m): 6:56am On Apr 16, 2010
pls help, i m use DELL precision M60 and dont be able to use bluetooth on it. i dont see bluethoot signa. help me out

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.