Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271296 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chinedulivingstone(m): 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
YOU CAN TRY USING DRIVER NERVIGETOR
BigStar1:
@poster
what do you know about compaq wireless connection that disappeared
I use broadcom wireless driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
LordReed I downloaded a couple of drivers from Intel download center but none of them installed...
I have downloaded drivers for different windows version, still the same story..
I use a HP pavilion dx6000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mention:
LordReed I downloaded a couple of drivers from Intel download center but none of them installed...
I have downloaded drivers for different windows version, still the same story..
I use a HP pavilion dx6000

Go here http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
LordReed:

Thanks a lot.. Lemme check it out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Trillyonaire: 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
Please is there a way I can recover datta from my hdd which my laptop always asks to format whenever I plug in?

https://www.nairaland.com/1978845/external-hdd-laptop-asks-format
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chux76(m): 1:44am On Nov 03, 2014
Tech Gurus in the house I say a big hi to y'all. I appreciate the wonderful work you guys are doing here.
I have a little problem. My Old laptop a HP Pavilion got bad so I had to sell it as scrap,but I kept back the hard drive. Now the problem is when I try to access some of the files(using an external hard disk case/connector) I am told I don't have permission to access most of the files,I know this is happening because the laptop was always password-ed as it is with Windows 7 and I didn't remove the password before the laptop got fried. Whenever I try to access some of the files(the most important ones at that) I am denied access. I can see the folder but when I click top open them,access is denied. Please how do I grant admin access so I can view the files and copy them to my new laptop.
Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inikamoze(m): 1:46am On Nov 03, 2014
inikamoze:
Replacement Pcb 4 WD External 500gb Hdd Needed Urgently *pics Attached**
I have many important files on this HDD and I can no longer access it. I have used another same HD pcb on it and it worked so I am looking for where to get a replacement.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! I need help with this,who can help me out?? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dammyd02(m): 5:05am On Nov 03, 2014
Mention:

I have tried all these, they are in order.. Don't know what's d prob
Right now.. If I open any game, it would forcefully minimize.. But when I disable the full screen option of d game, it would play in window mode nd I can't maximise it

Well, this is technically out of my knowledge. I'll contact you if i find a solution.
Have you also tried closing all other apps and running the games in administrator mod?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 6:34am On Nov 03, 2014
LordReed:

Unsuccessful
After filling in my system type, a list of supported OS was brought out, I saw vista nd XP..
Mine came with XP but I already upgraded to 7, what do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Buchika: 6:37am On Nov 03, 2014
Buchika:
pls house, my acer aspire one D270 power status is showing purple when the system is off and it drains the battery, what might be the problem. some one pls help
please someone should me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2014
Dammyd02:

Well, this is technically out of my knowledge. I'll contact you if i find a solution.
Have you also tried closing all other apps and running the games in administrator mod?
Yes... Done all that..
I would appreciate ya little assistance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:10am On Nov 03, 2014
Trillyonaire:
Please is there a way I can recover datta from my hdd which my laptop always asks to format whenever I plug in?

https://www.nairaland.com/1978845/external-hdd-laptop-asks-format

Get a recovery program like Recuva or GetBackData.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:20am On Nov 03, 2014
Mention:

Unsuccessful
After filling in my system type, a list of supported OS was brought out, I saw vista nd XP..
Mine came with XP but I already upgraded to 7, what do I do?

Your machine must be a few years old then. Give me the model number lemme help you search.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:26am On Nov 03, 2014
chux76:
Tech Gurus in the house I say a big hi to y'all. I appreciate the wonderful work you guys are doing here.
I have a little problem. My Old laptop a HP Pavilion got bad so I had to sell it as scrap,but I kept back the hard drive. Now the problem is when I try to access some of the files(using an external hard disk case/connector) I am told I don't have permission to access most of the files,I know this is happening because the laptop was always password-ed as it is with Windows 7 and I didn't remove the password before the laptop got fried. Whenever I try to access some of the files(the most important ones at that) I am denied access. I can see the folder but when I click top open them,access is denied. Please how do I grant admin access so I can view the files and copy them to my new laptop.
Thank you

Right click on a folder that you need, choose properties then click on the security tab, then click on edit, then add, then type administrators in the box that appears then click on check names, OK it and OK every other dialogue box that appeared.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 8:36am On Nov 03, 2014
LordReed:

Your machine must be a few years old then. Give me the model number lemme help you search.
Yeah.. Quite old
HP pavilion dx6000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:53am On Nov 03, 2014
Mention:

Yeah.. Quite old
HP pavilion dx6000

I need the specific model, that one is generic and doesn't return good results.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:28am On Nov 03, 2014
Mention:

I have tried all these, they are in order.. Don't know what's d prob
Right now.. If I open any game, it would forcefully minimize.. But when I disable the full screen option of d game, it would play in window mode nd I can't maximise it
it ur vga
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:36am On Nov 03, 2014
Buchika:
please someone should me
this is pure hardware problem. take it to any engering workshop where dey av many hardisk scrap, they will help u out sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:36am On Nov 03, 2014
Mention:

Yeah.. Quite old
HP pavilion dx6000

Alternatively give me the model of your video card.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chux76(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2014
LordReed:

Right click on a folder that you need, choose properties then click on the security tab, then click on edit, then add, then type administrators in the box that appears then click on check names, OK it and OK every other dialogue box that appeared.

Thanks bro. I did as you advised and I could now access the contents of each folder,but the problem is when I try to view the files(pdf,word docs and some video files) I still get the access denied notice. I repeat same action as you advised on each file but I get either a file corrupt notice or file cannot be opened.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2014
chux76:

Thanks bro. I did as you advised and I could now access the contents of each folder,but the problem is when I try to view the files(pdf,word docs and some video files) I still get the access denied notice. I repeat same action as you advised on each file but I get either a file corrupt notice or file cannot be opened.

You might need to set the permissions. Do this for the containing folder. In the security tab click on advanced and then tick the replace all child object box. OK it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Buchika: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
zyzxx:
this is pure hardware problem. take it to any engering workshop where dey av many hardisk scrap, they will help u out sir
thanks

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shininstar30(f): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Somebody pls help, youtube is not working on my itel1451. it keeps booting but can not play any movie.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tmany(m): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
This my case
Hp mini laptop
Problem/ Whala: keyboard typing rubbish
Tried solution :
Updated keyboard drivers
Changed keyboard language on the control panel
Changed the keyboard at C.V ikeja (new keyboard still typing same rubbish)

So i checked keyboard to know the keys messing up, this are keys giving wrong output.
Key = output
Y = yt
A= 'az
S= sx
D= dc
F = x
H = hg
J= 6jm
K= jk,
L= l.
Z='az
X=sx
C= dc
V=5fv
N= nb
M= 6jm
5= x
6= 6jm
7= 47 or sometimes 74
Remain key = correct output.

Expert in the house please safe this laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mention:

Yes... Done all that..
I would appreciate ya little assistance
What is your system configuration and the games you are having trouble with?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 5:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
zyzxx:
it ur vga
So what do you suggest I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
LordReed:

I need the specific model, that one is generic and doesn't return good results.
M lost here.. How do I get the specific model??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
LordReed:

Alternatively give me the model of your video card.
How do I locate the model sir.. M not the geeky type when it comes to systems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
all4naija:

What is your system configuration and the games you are having trouble with?
320gb, 2gb, 1.86 ghz intel dual core..
PES2009, Zuma Deluxe, Mortal Kombat..
In summary no game works well!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mention:

How do I locate the model sir.. M not the geeky type when it comes to systems

Windows Key + R then type dxdiag OK it. In system tab you should system model and in display tab you should see either name or chip type.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
LordReed:

Windows Key + R then type dxdiag OK it. In system tab you should system model and in display tab you should see either name or chip type.
In the system tab, I saw something like this

System model - HP pavilion dv6000 (RG365UA#ABA)
BIOS: ver 1.00PARTTBLh
Display Tab
Chip type- Intel(R) GMA 950

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.