Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270497 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IniwavesCME(m): 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
abeg help o..... my computer had a XP startup prob: blue
screen, reboot, repeat. problem and I was told to clean d ram by scratching d connection panel a little with a metal but I mistakenly took d harddrive and scratched it alittle on d wire connection stuff and I placed everything bk and it started up Buh. I still had d XP startup prob: blue
screen, reboot, repeat . I tried cleaning d ram by scratching it a little again(cuz I didn scratch it very well) I put everything bk but after dat it didn start up @ all again.
Plssssszsss help me...... I really need dat system.
plssssssssss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chux76(m): 10:59am On Oct 28, 2014
LordReed:

Yes missing drivers are responsible for 1,2 and 4. You need to go to the manufacturers website to get the required drivers.

As for 3 you need to check that the linked programs are where they are supposed to be or simply remove the taskbar icons and re-link.

Tnx bro,you have been very helpful..More grease to your elbows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bowofola213: 11:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Plz house whenever i try to on my laptop it wil shut down without booting but d battary is nt gud but b4 when ever i plug it i can use it if there is light plz what is the problem with the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
IniwavesCME:
abeg help o..... my computer had a XP startup prob: blue
screen, reboot, repeat. problem and I was told to clean d ram by scratching d connection panel a little with a metal but I mistakenly took d harddrive and scratched it alittle on d wire connection stuff and I placed everything bk and it started up Buh. I still had d XP startup prob: blue
screen, reboot, repeat . I tried cleaning d ram by scratching it a little again(cuz I didn scratch it very well) I put everything bk but after dat it didn start up @ all again.
Plssssszsss help me...... I really need dat system.
plssssssssss
Lol...Can I laugh please?

Who dey tell you make you scratch things?

You need new sets of ram. But and fix and your system should cone up. For the BSOD , it may be due to hardware conflict or incompatible drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
Passion399:
Please help me out, my system is no
more displaying on the monitor.. Please help
what exactly ? is it loading or something? Does the led lights come on?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
My dell charger keeps goin on & off wen i plug it 2 my system but stays on wen i unplug 4m d system. Any solution or i go 4 a replacement? Is it possible full current 4m a big gen without load on it when it was put on could'v caused it? I noticed the charger misbehaving after i put on d gen,it was workin fine b4 then

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mickyboiz:
hello guys help me o my laptop backlit refused to ON bt b4 it used to do dat and after sum minutes it will On, bt since yesterday it refuse to on and the screen is working bt no ligth i have to use torch light b4 i can see the screen. What can i do

What's the model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
Charlesamino:
My dell charger keeps goin on & off wen i plug it 2 my system but stays on wen i unplug 4m d system. Any solution or i go 4 a replacement? Is it possible full current 4m a big gen without load on it when it was put on could'v caused it? I noticed the charger misbehaving after i put on d gen,it was workin fine b4 then
Better you disuse that charger before you burn your board. Get another recommend dell charger for it and maybe a surge protector in addition to save you from such issues in future.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
Kosemanik:
Pls help d usb port on my toshiba c850 lapy just stop working
Go to My computer, right click and go to properties next click device manager by the rtop right hand corner of your screen. Just scroll down on the next page that displays. Under usb. Right click and unistall everything there. Restatt your system. Should work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:23am On Oct 29, 2014
lordraiden:
How much is original dell charger 19.5v,6.7a(130watts)
3k in lagos. Depends on location.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 29, 2014
onegig:
Better you disuse that charger before you burn your board. Get another recommend dell charger for it and maybe a surge protector in addition to save you from such issues in future.
Ok, thx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mickyboiz: 7:48am On Oct 29, 2014
onegig:

What's the model?
Toshiba satelite
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bowofola213: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2014
Plz Aw much is laptop screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:34am On Oct 29, 2014
Bowofola213:
Plz Aw much is laptop screen
what d name of ur system, coz there are different types of screen and size.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
Mickyboiz:
Toshiba satelite
There are like 50 different toshiba satelites. awhich one particularly. Check the bottom
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kosemanik: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
onegig:
Go to My computer, right click and go to properties next click device manager by the rtop right hand corner of your screen. Just scroll down on the next page that displays. Under usb. Right click and unistall everything there. Restatt your system. Should work.
tank but still not get it bec i cant find usb to uninstall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
I bought a new hp pavilion 15 note book with. 500 hard disk and 4g ram, core i3 2.40GHz but I noticed it's very slow whenever I want to send, copy files from or to the laptop either with the USB port or DVD rom. Please is there any solution to this.. cos it's annoying.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
eightsin:
I bought a new hp pavilion 15 note book with. 500 hard disk and 4g ram, core i3 2.40GHz but I noticed it's very slow whenever I want to send, copy files from or to the laptop either with the USB port or DVD rom. Please is there any solution to this.. cos it's annoying.
take it back. D major problem may be d window (os ). If d os it new den it hardware problem, maybe d memory are not compatable

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
Kosemanik:
tank but still not get it bec i cant find usb to uninstall
most toshiba use to av usb problem and it most time hardware because d flex dat join d usb port to d mother board, is soft and can disconnect and more of dust inside d usb port coz it too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
zyzxx:
take it back. D major problem may be d window (os ). If d os it new den it hardware problem, maybe d memory are not compatable

Nawa.. D tin tire me. I would take it to their office tomorrow n c what can b done.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
eightsin:

Nawa.. D tin tire me. I would take it to their office tomorrow n c what can b done.
yes do dat sir... It to early for it to show dat kind of fault.
It maybe factory problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
zyzxx:
yes do dat sir... It to early for it to show dat kind of fault.
It maybe factory problem.

I just hope they change it.. this is the second week I bought it. And it has crashed about 3 to 4 times already... I will just be watching a movie or just pressing it and it will say windows encountered a problem and will need to restart.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2014
eightsin:

I just hope they change it.. this is the second week I bought it. And it has crashed about 3 to 4 times already... I will just be watching a movie or just pressing it and it will say windows encountered a problem and will need to restart.
they will change it.. D problem is clear nw wit d information. It in between ur hard disk or d window itself needs to be format. if they gives you d option of formating tell dem u will return it if it misbehave again because dey suppose to change d hard disk but dey won't because it cost.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 8:25am On Oct 30, 2014
I have a lil problem.I did a full avastsystem scan and since then my ccomputer ports has failed to recognize any device I insert into it.
Flash drives,phones etc.
Any solution plz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2014
purplekayc:
I have a lil problem.I did a full avastsystem scan and since then my ccomputer ports has failed to recognize any device I insert into it.
Flash drives,phones etc.
Any solution plz?

Maybe some corrupted system drivers were removed. Go to device manager and see if there are missing drivers.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 8:42am On Oct 30, 2014
zyzxx:
they will change it.. D problem is clear nw wit d information. It in between ur hard disk or d window itself needs to be format. if they gives you d option of formating tell dem u will return it if it misbehave again because dey suppose to change d hard disk but dey won't because it cost.

Okay.. thanks man. I will update you on the movement later

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 30, 2014
Hello guys,
Is there a remedy for this? My Chrome browser crashes whenever I open it displaying a pop-up, "whoa! Google chrome has crashed"! I've tried a number of options at my disposal and some from the internet, even tried restoring my pc to a previous restore point, same shyt. I had to uninstall the browser and download another, still no improvement. Is there anything I can do or should do? Now, I am stuck with Mozilla which I don't enjoy using.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:53am On Oct 30, 2014
My laptop is showing Smart Check Error - Imminent hard disk failure. Which means my HD may die soon.

I want to buy a new HD, but I wish to get a 1TB external HD to store my files while I use my OLD EXTERNAL HD (Seagate 320G) on my laptop.

Can you help me with a simple STEP-BY-STEP procedure on how to remove my about to fail HD on my HP Pavilion g6 laptop, and replace it with an old external HD (Seagate)?

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ShaddyTerese(m): 9:45am On Oct 30, 2014
hi. please can you help me with the activation key of this antivirus: e-scan antivirus version (11.0.11.39.1250)
thanks for your help in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ogapelumi(m): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2014
i have a compaq laptop
300 win 8, but the sound recorder is not receiving any signal frm both the internal and external microphone, i don,t no if the win is d problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd:
My laptop is showing Smart Check Error - Imminent hard disk failure. Which means my HD may die soon.

I want to buy a new HD, but I wish to get a 1TB external HD to store my files while I use my OLD EXTERNAL HD (Seagate 320G) on my laptop.

Can you help me with a simple STEP-BY-STEP procedure on how to remove my about to fail HD on my HP Pavilion g6 laptop, and replace it with an old external HD (Seagate)?

Thanks.
dis picture will guide u thru hope u recognize d hard disk and becareful wit d connector

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2014
ogapelumi:
i have a compaq laptop
300 win 8, but the sound recorder is not receiving any signal frm both the internal and external microphone, i don,t no if the win is d problem
check d setting thru d volume @ d task bar

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.