Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263698 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
zyzxx:
go to start menu click "printer and fax" u will c all ur printer there, right click on d 1 u want to use presently and set it as default printer. Den open d adobe it will recognize it sir.
@zyzxx, thanks a lot bro but
I've tried that and i get the message "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709): Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network", while I'm not connected to any network. Could it be virus infections?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
mazizitonene:

Bro, I finally got the system today...but it comes with one stuff like that....ubuntu.....what use is this...cause someone told me the system cannot support certain common softwares...is this true ?.....what's d adverse effect of this stuff...pls reply asap...lemme knw if I wud need to return the laptop tomorrow...

I would advice you have a windows operating system laptop. The windows operating system is so easy to use.
Ubuntu, You would be frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gbaa:

@zyzxx, thanks a lot bro but
I've tried that and i get the message "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709): Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network", while I'm not connected to any network. Could it be virus infections?
yes it maybe virus
U may uninstall all d printer u install or remember d dat u used it and it work, u can nw restore ur system to dat date
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
deji2009:

I would advice you have a windows operating system laptop. The windows operating system is so easy to use.
Ubuntu, You would be frustrated.
Alright bro...tanx....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bowofola213: 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
Plz aw much is compaq modules
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
zyzxx:
yes it maybe virus
U may uninstall all d printer u install or remember d dat u used it and it work, u can nw restore ur system to dat date
Bro it has been like a year since it last work but because I have a lot of printers around I'd always use the one that will serve me. I just switched office where i have just two printers then it downed on me. I've uninstalled and re-installed them severally still nothing. Thanks though
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gbaa:

Bro it has been like a year since it last work but because I have a lot of printers around I'd always use the one that will serve me. I just switched office where i have just two printers then it downed on me. I've uninstalled and re-installed them severally still nothing. Thanks though
formating is d last option sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
zyzxx:
formating is d last option sir.
I've been thinking towards that direction but my instincts keep telling me to explore some more and ask questions. I could still be lucky but i guess formatting is topping the option list right now. Thanks a lot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gbaa:

Have you tried setting the printer as default?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uprightman(m): 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
i downloaded windows live writer when i want to install it, it will install 100%.after that will start rolling back.after rolling back it will say that ot install it because of error.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
uprightman:
i downloaded windows live writer when i want to install it, it will install 100%.after that will start rolling back.after rolling back it will say that ot install it because of error.

Your download was either corrupted or incomplete.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chemicool: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2014
My hame r1 router is showing limited network when connected with ethernet cable to my pc. Help please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uprightman(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
[quote author=LordReed post=27623993]

Your download was either corrupted or incomplete.if it is corrupt what can do? –because it download is complete
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uprightman(m): 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
[quote author=LordReed post=27623993]

Your download was either corrupted or incomplete.if it is corrupt what can do? –because the download is complete
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
[quote author=uprightman post=27635713][/quote]

You need to re-download.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
Please you guys should help me..
The games in my laptop suddenly stopped playing full screen..
Mortal kombat, Zuma and PES 2009!
None of them z playing on full screen, what could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kosemanik: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
zyzxx:
if u are Gud u can loose it and dust it and service it,, but don't try it if u are not Gud. Take it to Engrn it not cost
tanks for being dir for me i will do exacly what u said and feedback, pls can i have ur email
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kosemanik:
tanks for being dir for me i will do exacly what u said and feedback, pls can i have ur email
ok sir...Lanrevista @ gmail.com, notify me here sir wen u send me any mail.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dammyd02(m): 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
tolam4skywd:
how can i get that disk space cleanup manager?

hit your window key and type 'free up disk'
you'll see the cleanup manager 'free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files'
click on it, tick and delete cached and junk files in ur system.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dammyd02(m): 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mention:
Please you guys should help me..
The games in my laptop suddenly stopped playing full screen..
Mortal kombat, Zuma and PES 2009!
None of them z playing on full screen, what could be the problem?

-Ensure ur system screen resolution is set to the highest
-Check the video/graphics settings in the game options and set it to ur system screen resolution.
I hope these helps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by raju566: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2014
deji2009:

Microsoft Office

Antivirus

VLC

Adobe reader

Dictionary

Chrome

Ccleaner

Winzip

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by raju566: 11:02am On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2014
Dammyd02:

-Ensure ur system screen resolution is set to the highest
-Check the video/graphics settings in the game options and set it to ur system screen resolution.
I hope these helps
I have tried all these, they are in order.. Don't know what's d prob
Right now.. If I open any game, it would forcefully minimize.. But when I disable the full screen option of d game, it would play in window mode nd I can't maximise it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Buchika: 11:10am On Nov 02, 2014
pls house, my acer aspire one D270 power status is showing purple when the system is off and it drains the battery, what might be the problem. some one pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mention:

I have tried all these, they are in order.. Don't know what's d prob
Right now.. If I open any game, it would forcefully minimize.. But when I disable the full screen option of d game, it would play in window mode nd I can't maximise it

Update your video drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
LordReed:

Update your video drivers.
Please can you help me with a link to where I can download a suitable video driver? Or is it available in DVD?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mention:

Please can you help me with a link to where I can download a suitable video driver? Or is it available in DVD?

Go to the manufacturers support page for your laptop they usually post the updated drivers there or you go to the driver download site for the manufacturer of your video card, those are a bit more reliable in updating the drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 2:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
LordReed:

Go to the manufacturers support page for your laptop they usually post the updated drivers there or you go to the driver download site for the manufacturer of your video card, those are a bit more reliable in updating the drivers.
Okay.. Thanks.. M off to intel site
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tirham1: 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
Can smone pls help? I have a universal modem but am not gettin any signal after connecting it. is dia any settin i need to do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
Tirham1:
Can smone pls help? I have a universal modem but am not gettin any signal after connecting it. is dia any settin i need to do?

You need to check that the settings are correct in the software that installed when you plugged it in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.