Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,268 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269600 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tohby2(m): 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
cupidhero:

disable powersaving battery mode when you want to play game. use the high performance battery mode. is your laptop's GPU an intel HD3000 or intel HD4000? Try swapping the position of the rams and i think you should also try and update your video cards.
pls how do i get here thanks and how do i configure it am a novice but can do alot after learning and how do i check laptop gpu
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tohby2(m): 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
zyzxx:
pls check ur computer properties first to knw maybe ur system detect d second ram.
About d cd rom, av u try to inject it from my computer?
it just 1ram d 2gig has been removed and a 4gig 1 was inserted but after d 4gig it writing 1.90gig usable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tohby2(m): 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
LordReed:

To take advantage of the full 4gb of RAM you need to change to a 64bit version of Windows. I recommend Win7 64bit.
The CD ROM bay has to be taken out and serviced, you need a good techie for that or you can do it yourself.
I AV SOME1 dat can do it just give me d procedure thanks i av some1 to do the rest
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
enet1:
Goodmorning skydancer and all the computer gurus and the contributors onhis thread,May the good lord bless and replenish all your efforts. I use a HP elitebook intel core i5 laptop 250 gb of HDD and 2gb RAM,i got it last yr september,but for 2 0r 3 months now,it has been hanging and gettin slow so so much especially when i browse on the internet,pls what do you guys advise that i do to make it functional very well as b4? i use free antivirus on it and there is free space of 143gb on the local disk.i was tinking of either formatting the system or buyin an original norton antivirus on it.Pls i need professional advice on which step to take cuz i dont want the system to crash finally. If i will format it, how much do they format laptop in computer village.God bless you all in advance.

You may be experiencing heat related issues. Clean out the fan first. Then you will need to tinker with your startup programs and also proper disinfect your system of viruses, adware, malware or spyware.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
tohby2:
it just 1ram d 2gig has been removed and a 4gig 1 was inserted but after d 4gig it writing 1.90gig usable

deji2009
Please click start, computer and system properties. Can you see assessment rating that your system need to recalculate a score.
Run the assessment. For your cd drive look for adetwin on this forum, he/she would be of help

zyzxx:
pls check ur computer properties first to knw maybe ur system detect d second ram.

Have you followed zyzxx insturctions and that of deji2009, which is myself ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enet1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
LordReed:

You may be experiencing heat related issues. Clean out the fan first. Then you will need to tinker with your startup programs and also proper disinfect your system of viruses, adware, malware or spyware.

Thanks so so so much lordReed for your answer,but pls concerning the disinfection of my system,should i use free antivirus or paid ones? Also how can i clean out the fan? Thanks and God bless for your anticipated answer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
enet1:

Thanks so so so much lordReed for your answer,but pls concerning the disinfection of my system,should i use free antivirus or paid ones? Also how can i clean out the fan? Thanks and God bless for your anticipated answer

I personally use Avast free version and keep it updated and have never had any issue with viruses. I clean my fan with a handheld hair dryer set to cool. If you have access to a normal air blower that is better. I recommend that the laptop be opened so you can give it a thorough cleaning.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
purplekayc:
why Samsung?
what is wrong with Samsung?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
deji2009:

According to super user (2009) "Try to go to the Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management. In the Disk Management part, remove the drive letter for the raw partition. It should prevent Win7 from asking you to format the partition, while letting you mount the partition in TrueCrypt.If it doesn't work, you could try this suggestion, which is to use Autokey to automatically dismiss the messagebox when it appears"

On the other hand partition tool (2004) argued that you would be able to "Recover and get data back when encounter "Disk/drive is not formatted..." error" http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/disk-not-formatted.htm

thanks bro. I'll try it out...olready downloaded d partition tool software. I pray God make u bigger...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
muhabab:
what is wrong with Samsung?
go for transcend
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
enet1:
Goodmorning skydancer and all the computer gurus and the contributors onhis thread,May the good lord bless and replenish all your efforts. I use a HP elitebook intel core i5 laptop 250 gb of HDD and 2gb RAM,i got it last yr september,but for 2 0r 3 months now,it has been hanging and gettin slow so so much especially when i browse on the internet,pls what do you guys advise that i do to make it functional very well as b4? i use free antivirus on it and there is free space of 143gb on the local disk.i was tinking of either formatting the system or buyin an original norton antivirus on it.Pls i need professional advice on which step to take cuz i dont want the system to crash finally. If i will format it, how much do they format laptop in computer village.God bless you all in advance.
u will need to format yr system if ur system is not over heating.
And get Gud antivirus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by benebaby77: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
zyzxx:
Ah.... My hardisk as corrupt, I will help u check from some freinds
thank you oga....... Will be waiting for you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
benebaby77:

thank you oga....... Will be waiting for you
no problem will do dat 2mao sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:15am On Nov 27, 2014
enet1:

Hi Enet, you don't need to format your laptop if it's just only being slow. It is possible that your system has been infested with spyware/adware (although you don't seem to mention having problems with ads while browsing). First try using system restore and if it doesn't work, you can come back here and provide more information that can help diagnose your pc. You could also email me directly if you want us to speak.

Cheers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enet1(m): 7:50am On Nov 27, 2014
skydancer:

Hi Enet, you don't need to format your laptop if it's just only being slow. It is possible that your system has been infested with spyware/adware (although you don't seem to mention having problems with ads while browsing). First try using system restore and if it doesn't work, you can come back here and provide more information that can help diagnose your pc. You could also email me directly if you want us to speak.

Cheers.

Thanks so much all of you who have answered my question.God will replenish ur reservoir of knowledge ijn.Skydancer,i forgot to mention dt ads usually pop up during browsing.So which type of antivirus would you recommend that i should get on the system and should i forget abt formatting the system? i will be expecting your answers asap
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tohby2(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2014
deji2009:

deji2009
Please click start, computer and system properties. Can you see assessment rating that your system need to recalculate a score.
Run the assessment. For your cd drive look for adetwin on this forum, he/she would be of help

zyzxx:

Have you followed zyzxx insturctions and that of deji2009, which is myself ?
there is no assesment rating on the system properties for me to recalculate and d ram is a single ram not double
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
tohby2:
there is no assesment rating on the system properties for me to recalculate and d ram is a single ram not double

I forgot sometimes the Bios is limited to how much RAM can be installed on a system. If you put a single ram module of 4gb and you can only see 2gb it means your system has been limited to only 2gb. 32bit OS can access 3gb of RAM max so if you don't see 3gb you know nothing you can do about it. Even if you switch to a 64bit OS you will not still see the full 4gb.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
tohby2:
lordheed is right.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
Whizpeter:
Geeks, Plz my system speaker just stopped functioning all of a sudden.. Could it be hardware or software problem?
How much would it cost to fix it up?
Deji2009 and LordReed can you help me plz??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
Whizpeter:
Geeks, Plz my system speaker just stopped functioning all of a sudden.. Could it be hardware or software problem?
How much would it cost to fix it up?

Have you tried rebooting the Pc?
Does it work after rebooting?

If it does , then m suspecting ur Sound Drivers malfunctioning. Just Disable and Enable the Driver. It will work.

You should be considering Updating Too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
enet1:

2GB ram coupled with 250gb isn't too poor for u to enjoy sleek surfing.

Well, IMO I will suggest U cleaning up Pc resgistry/cache and refresh Ur browser.

Download CCleanner. Its will make the job so handy for u.
I would U going for google chrome browser. Very Very Smooth.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Tolzeal:

Have you tried rebooting the Pc?
Does it work after rebooting?

If it does , then m suspecting ur Sound Drivers malfunctioning. Just Disable and Enable the Driver. It will work.

You should be considering Updating Too.

I've rebooted...
I would work on the drivers as suggested!!
How do I update them?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by clerkent(m): 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
Please i want to block an app from conecting online through d system firewall bt if i click on outgoing i get this mesage "mmc has detected an eror in snap in and wil unload it" without the quote please whats the solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tohby2(m): 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
this is Wat I get respectively but I av some1 DAT bought dis type of system he was d 1 DAT even made me buy d type but his dosent has low resolution like my own could it be DAT something is wrong with my is or drivers?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amosade30(m): 5:32am On Nov 28, 2014
Wu wan sell mtn modem? I nid 1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ogborokiri(m): 6:30am On Nov 28, 2014
Please house am a novice when it comes to computer but i want to upgrade my hp nc6400 from window 7 to window 8 hw will i do it without losing my file
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2014
Whizpeter:

I've rebooted...
I would work on the drivers as suggested!!
How do I update them?
get the latest driver pack solution cd dvd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MAKABBEY(m): 7:55am On Nov 28, 2014
morning computer gurus, pls help m. I am using Brian pc model. since I av formatted the system, I can't play games on this pc again. I av tried using drivers Bt to no hope. pls wot can I do? can I use intel drivers? will it work? where can I gt it? tanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2014
purplekayc:
go for transcend
aiite. thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.