Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263315 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by selfmadeOLX(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
LordReed:

Laptop processors are more difficult to upgrade because some are soldered to the motherboard so you have to change almost everything. So you need to check first but yes it is possible.

There isn't much we can do for you since you already returned the laptop. Most likely it was a HDD failure and I suppose you are still under warranty so they have to change it for you. What I don't understand is why its taking so long. They should have returned it within a few days.
God bless you.. my bro I tire for them ooo but I will be going there for it tomorrow sha done or undone. I will still be needing your help based on upgrading the HDD to 1TB n I wnt to add 6GB RAM to the 4GB RAM I will love to know how much it will cost me for al these. that upgrade processor thing is too much of a gamble.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
I dont know oh.....what is wrong with Window and dier father.....Am so annoy'd ma window 8 mouse cursor hangs lyk hanging babylon for some time....abeg help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
iykpeterz:
I dont know oh.....what is wrong with Window and dier father.....Am so annoy'd ma window 8 mouse cursor hangs lyk hanging babylon for some time....abeg help me out
remove d charger and c if it hang without charging it. Den it ur window
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
selfmadeOLX:

God bless you.. my bro I tire for them ooo but I will be going there for it tomorrow sha done or undone. I will still be needing your help based on upgrading the HDD to 1TB n I wnt to add 6GB RAM to the 4GB RAM I will love to know how much it will cost me for al these. that upgrade processor thing is too much of a gamble.

Bro, I'm having same problem with Task Direct. I bought a brand new laptop from them but noticed some problems with it within a couple of weeks. I returned it and till dis very minute, I've not heard from them.. I don call tire but notin so far. This is d 8th week now and there is still no hope of getting it this December. Abeg, does anyone work with them Here?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
Pls help me o! I use an hp 655 laptop. When trying to record a video or take a photo, the displayed always 'lags'. I mean for example, if i'm recording nw, and i tilt my head 4rm left 2 right in less than a seconds, it wil take like 3secs to display it and also it won't be sharp. I just hope sm1 got my message. Is a problem wit my webcam or ...? (i don't use skype bt i ave it pre-instald)(it was nt lyk dis when I bought it abt a year ago)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
RoyalPriesthuud:
Pls help me o! I use an hp 655 laptop. When trying to record a video or take a photo, the displayed always 'lags'. I mean for example, if i'm recording nw, and i tilt my head 4rm left 2 right in less than a seconds, it wil take like 3secs to display it and also it won't be sharp. I just hope sm1 got my message. Is a problem wit my webcam or ...? (i don't use skype bt i ave it pre-instald)(it was nt lyk dis when I bought it abt a year ago)

Are u on windows 8 and above....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tolzeal:

Are u on windows 8 and above....
Windows 8 gan-gan
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okahdidi: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
My problem is that when my laptop is on plugged to a power source,it charges fine but if light ceases and it comes,when I plug the charger back,it refuses to charge except I shutdown completely den its picks up and charges again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 3:23am On Dec 18, 2014
okahdidi:
My problem is that when my laptop is on plugged to a power source,it charges fine but if light ceases and it comes,when I plug the charger back,it refuses to charge except I shutdown completely den its picks up and charges again
you are using a fake charger...or charger not mearnt for your sys...get original charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okahdidi: 6:44am On Dec 18, 2014
Donsammi:
you are using a fake charger...or charger not mearnt for your sys...get original charger
When I took it to a repairer, they said its motherboard problem. The thing is it charges well but normally when light goes and u want to plug back when light comes,it does not charge at all,the charging light does not show that its charging at all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 7:07am On Dec 18, 2014
okahdidi:

When I took it to a repairer, they said its motherboard problem. The thing is it charges well but normally when light goes and u want to plug back when light comes,it does not charge at all,the charging light does not show that its charging at all
my bro. av goteen thid type of problem before thatz why am insisting on original charger.. 0r yu knw wat? borrow someones charger thats is same with you and try it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okahdidi: 7:21am On Dec 18, 2014
Donsammi:
my bro. av goteen thid type of problem before thatz why am insisting on original charger.. 0r yu knw wat? borrow someones charger thats is same with you and try it.
OK I will,thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Villymoore(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2014
Pls what cuold be d cuss of this problem, could it be the Graphics card? The screen is tested ok. Pls Pros. Help out.
Thanks

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2014
Villymoore:
Pls what cuold be d cuss of this problem, could it be the Graphics card? The screen is tested ok. Pls Pros. Help out.
Thanks

Yes..Make a graphics update
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bolinchin: 9:42am On Dec 18, 2014
I just bought a lenovo netbook with android operating system.I also bought an hp external cd writer/player.However, the netbook is not seeing the cd player neither does it see my techno android phone when connected via a usb cable.The data consumption is high and unlike my phone i cant see a way of restricting background setting. Again the version of excel and word package on it is not suitable for my research activities. I am thinking of changing the os to windows 8.is this possible? the laptop is not so useful to me as it is now and i require urgent help cos i cant return the laptop and external player which I got on sales from an online shop.Thanks for your helpful contributions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:47am On Dec 18, 2014
Villymoore:
Thanks

Looks like a flex problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:57am On Dec 18, 2014
bolinchin:
I just bought a lenovo netbook with android operating system.I also bought an hp external cd writer/player.However, the netbook is not seeing the cd player neither does it see my techno android phone when connected via a usb cable.The data consumption is high and unlike my phone i cant see a way of restricting background setting. Again the version of excel and word package on it is not suitable for my research activities. I am thinking of changing the os to windows 8.is this possible? the laptop is not so useful to me as it is now and i require urgent help cos i cant return the laptop and external player which I got on sales from an online shop.Thanks for your helpful contributions.

Lesson learned: don't buy computers just because they look or sound nice on paper.

Don't even consider putting Win8 on that thing you will hate it even more. Netbooks are not made for heavy duty work, they are mainly for being online in a small laptop form factor. Does the Android OS on your machine recognize USB mouse/keyboard connected to it? If it does not then your system does not have the USB host enabled, if it does then the drivers for your ext drive will need to be gotten.

Have you tried Microsoft Office for Android?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 10:27am On Dec 18, 2014
Pls help me oooo. I went home for holiday without taking my Toshiba celeron M along,now have resumed back in schl buh couldn't remember my password... Pls what can I do to wipe off the security/password shit? Cos I don't want to lose my files. Pls,I nid a quick response. Gurusssssssss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bolinchin: 11:42am On Dec 18, 2014
LordReed:

Does the Android OS on your machine recognize USB mouse/keyboard connected to it? If it does not then your system does not have the USB host enabled, if it does then the drivers for your ext drive will need to be gotten.

thanks a lot.It recognises flash drives. How do I enable the USB host
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
bolinchin:
thanks a lot.It recognises flash drives. How do I enable the USB host

The USB host is enabled since it can see flash drives but the external drive needs its own drivers to work.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bolinchin: 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
LordReed:

The USB host is enabled since it can see flash drives but the external drive needs its own drivers to work.
Pardon my ignorance, please how do i go about installing the driver and please can you help me with how to restrict background data consumption and get microsoft office for android.I guess if i can do all these i wouldnt bother changing the os since those are my primary worries.I am more than grateful for your help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danshedox: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hello gurus in. The house, I got a problem here. Compaq laptop sent from abroad prompts for adminstrator password when on, compaq presarioCQ61. I need a way to bypass or remove the password because its locked from the. Board. Pls need you gurus to help me out.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
bolinchin:

Pardon my ignorance, please how do i go about installing the driver and please can you help me with how to restrict background data consumption and get microsoft office for android.I guess if i can do all these i wouldnt bother changing the os since those are my primary worries.I am more than grateful for your help

I am not familiar with getting drivers for Android, you'll have to google the name of your ext drive plus android drivers see what comes up.

MS Office is on Google play store.

As for restricting background data if it is like the Android on phones and tablets then you find it under settings>data usage. You can also force close nonessential apps under settings>apps, though that one you must do every time you turn on the device.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Buqqui:
Hello,
I'm having trouble activating My windows 7.
I activated it when I formatted the PC,it worked for like 3 months and was later asking me to activate. I've tried some windows 7 activator that worked on other laptops but won't just work on mine.
Any advise on what to do?

simple video tutorial here

http://chudetv.com/How-to-Activate-Windows-7educational_v1022
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bolinchin: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
LordReed:

I am not familiar with getting drivers for Android, you'll have to google the name of your ext drive plus android drivers see what comes up.

MS Office is on Google play store.

As for restricting background data if it is like the Android on phones and tablets then you find it under settings>data usage. You can also force close nonessential apps under settings>apps, though that one you must do every time you turn on the device.
Thank you so much Lordreeds God bless you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
Bayoigbekele:
Pls help me oooo. I went home for holiday without taking my Toshiba celeron M along,now have resumed back in schl buh couldn't remember my password... Pls what can I do to wipe off the security/password shit? Cos I don't want to lose my files. Pls,I nid a quick response. Gurusssssssss
your best shot is to use password removal tool.my favourite is hirenbootCD.if you can use it.or you can try konboot cd or oph crack.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
okahdidi:
take it to an engineer to check it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Villymoore:
Thanks
maybe a flex problem.take it to a pro engineer for check up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
bedfordng:
your best shot is to use password removal tool.my favourite is hirenbootCD.if you can use it.or you can try konboot cd or oph crack.

Dear bedfordng,

Given the above post and the information on your website, could you please join us to provide impeccable technical support.
I noticed you are most active on Webmasters and Phones section, please join us here on computer section.

I look forward to your post, please join the likes of adetwin, skydancer, lordreed, onegig, denzel2009, dualcore, zyxx, tolzeal,
samulel616 to name JUST A FEW. cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
Bayoigbekele:

Search for adetwin or onegig on this forum, they may be of help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
Villymoore:
Thanks

How did you test the screen, for example laptop displayed okay when attached to a monitor ?

What is the full make and model, I can see it is a medion, isn't ? The full model is at the back of
the laptop on a white sticker. I think you may need to contact adetwin or onegig on this forum to
offer their advise. It might be a hardware problem.

Tolzeal:

Yes..Make a graphics update

Given Tolzeal advise. Could I ask you
to restart laptop and keep pressing F2 for bios or
Del key to enter the bios utility. you'd see a blue screen.

Is the screen okay in the bios, if it isn't, is a hardware issues.

Look for adetwin or onegig for repair.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
deji2009:

Search for adetwin or onegig on this forum, they may be of help.
He should just send me a pm.

@Bayoigbekele

Send me a pm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.