Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266523 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dsaintprodigy(m): 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
My compaq symtem no longer boots. If i connect the plug to a socket with light the cpu automatically turns on and makes 3 sharp noises and goes off. My dad thinks its the ram, what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by follugee: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
Tolzeal:

It obvious u are facing SOFTWARE/DRIVERS Issues....
What Antivirus are u using... Ur firewall could be where the problem is...AVAST is guilty most times.
av tried all d possible tin... it aint workin... i uninstalled Avast long ago
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by follugee: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
shawlxAk:

Check your firewall settings. Temporarily disable your antivirus protection & see if the problem persists.
its still not workin bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
Please folks, how much can i get a Hp Laserjet 2055d PCL6? Its URGENT! I need to get it for a client on Monday. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
eightsin:

Just (Csmiley.. there is no D
then there is noway to get the wind0ws ur pc came with.... U just have to download activators for win8..or f0rmat it wid an0ther disc..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dbshaywhy(m): 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hello
(was on hibernate mode last night)I was going tru a pdf file on my Compaq presario F700, then I tried to switch to the Oda pdf file, wat I saw was a blank white with a (-----)line on d screen, move d mouse, nothing happen, den I decide to power it off using d power button, nothing happen, still on, so I decide to remove d battery n put it back, to my great surprise,
1)wen I try to turn the
computer on, the LED lights work and the fan makes
noise for like 3 seconds n stop n power off,
2)starting up itself some few seconds later, it start,blue light on, Wt fan working n stop after some seconds,
Wen I remove d battery n use d a.c. Power pack, it does d same
3) den I try to turn the
noise, I press down esc key for 3 seconds,it remains like without booting up.
4) I try step 3 without d battery, using d a.c power supply only, it gives same report as step 3 above.
Pls help me out on wat I can do about it.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gingger(m): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
Pls I have two partitions with os 7 n os 8.. But wat I wanna do is getting just 1 os ... Wanna use just windows 8... Don't need d 7. Tanks
Cc
Lordreed.
Tolzeal
Xxyyzz n all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
Donsammi:
then there is noway to get the wind0ws ur pc came with.... U just have to download activators for win8..or f0rmat it wid an0ther disc..

I will have to return it again. There is no way I will just throway 86k like that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
gingger:
Pls I have two partitions with os 7 n os 8.. But wat I wanna do is getting just 1 os ... Wanna use just windows 8... Don't need d 7. Tanks
Cc
Lordreed.
Tolzeal
Xxyyzz n all

Dear Gingger,

Thank you for the above enquiry
and would advise that I cannot be
hold responsible for software damage
as a result of not following the instructions.
[b]Thus, could you save all your data [/b]before continuing.
In doing so you can be sure that your data is
saved and can continue with the deletion. Thereby, could you click

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/delete-a-hard-disk-partition#1TC=windows-7

Afterwards use google to find out how you can get to msconfig
and click on the boot section. Please make sue windows 7 is not available, if it is let us
know.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
eightsin:

I will have to return it again. There is no way I will just throway 86k like that.
..l0l.. Return..it ..... ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
eightsin:

..l0l.. Return..it ..... ..d0esnt mean ur pc z faulty

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IkpemhiTG(m): 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
hello!!! my desktop refuse to connect with my universal modem...wat should I do ooooooo plsss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
IkpemhiTG:
hello!!! my desktop refuse to connect with my universal modem...wat should I do ooooooo plsss
what ur window sir?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IkpemhiTG(m): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
zyzxx:
what ur window sir?
window xp sir..is dat d cause shocked
zyzxx:
what ur window sir?
window xp sir..is dat d cause
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by infinix(m): 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
help I am in great need of help...
my laptop all of a sudden started acting up
by not turning on without being plugged to an ac source, and once I remove the cord it remains on for about 3hrs. how do I resolve this Pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:16am On Jan 19, 2015
infinix:
help I am in great need of help...
my laptop all of a sudden started acting up
by not turning on without being plugged to an ac source, and once I remove the cord it remains on for about 3hrs. how do I resolve this Pls.
You forgot to state the make and model of your laptop as well as the operating system. e.g hp pavilion d900 windows 7. Has the laptop suffered any shock resulting from being dropped? You said it stays on for 3 hours after unplugging, is it the charging indicator or the laptop that stays on? If it's the laptop, does it stay on for longer on a normal day? I believe your battery may be the culprit.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:11am On Jan 19, 2015
dbshaywhy:
Hello
(was on hibernate mode last night)I was going tru a pdf file on my Compaq presario F700, then I tried to switch to the Oda pdf file, wat I saw was a blank white with a (-----)line on d screen, move d mouse, nothing happen, den I decide to power it off using d power button, nothing happen, still on, so I decide to remove d battery n put it back, to my great surprise,
1)wen I try to turn the
noise for like 3 seconds n stop n power off,
2)starting up itself some few seconds later, it start,blue light on, Wt fan working n stop after some seconds,
Wen I remove d battery n use d a.c. Power pack, it does d same
3) den I try to turn the
noise, I press down esc key for 3 seconds,it remains like without booting up.
4) I try step 3 without d battery, using d a.c power supply only, it gives same report as step 3 above.
Pls help me out on wat I can do about it.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hmm can u change the ram, because what's happening will end up to be a DISPLAY ISSUE (on board) so try remove the hard disk and make use of a good ram and power it and get back to us bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adexmuhyi(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2015
plz help me,I was playing zuma on my HP Compaq nx6110 when my mum called me, so I had to abandon it to ans d call,buh it is quite surprising that before I come back I found my friend complaining bou the touchpad saying it has locked. I asked of wot he did to it and his response was dat he tapped the touchpad for about 15ce and it suddenlly locked,,,,,plz help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gingger(m): 10:10am On Jan 19, 2015
deji2009:

Dear Gingger,

Thank you for the above enquiry
and would advise that I cannot be
hold responsible for software damage
as a result of not following the instructions.
[b]Thus, could you save all your data [/b]before continuing.
In doing so you can be sure that your data is
saved and can continue with the deletion. Thereby, could you click

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/delete-a-hard-disk-partition#1TC=windows-7

Afterwards use google to find out how you can get to msconfig
and click on the boot section. Please make sue windows 7 is not available, if it is let us
know.

Boss I don't understand d part dat u said dat I should make. Sure windows 7 is not available... I have 3 partitions on a 500gb HDD n it contains windows 8... All.I want is to change it to two partitionsl liike 200gb n 290gb .. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by trent101(m): 10:26am On Jan 19, 2015
pls i nid urgent help house, my system Dell , inspiron N4050 , icore 3 is so slow, always showing not responding and it takes up to 3mins for a file to open , bt after the first delay everything sims to go back to normal, it no longer takes long to open a file , bt it kips showing not responding from time to time. how do i solve dis problem plsssssssssssssssssss.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
gingger:

Boss I don't understand d part dat u said dat I should make. Sure windows 7 is not available... I have 3 partitions on a 500gb HDD n it contains windows 8... All.I want is to change it to two partitionsl liike 200gb n 290gb .. Thanks

gingger:
Cc
Lordreed.
Tolzeal
Xxyyzz n all

Please check the above, I may have mis understood your post due to short hand writing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrPero(m): 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
Tried using my fone Wifi to browse on the laptop Bt it will connect successfully Bt refuse to browse
It will just show no internet access.... plz I need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
mrPero:
Tried using my fone Wifi to browse on the laptop Bt it will connect successfully Bt refuse to browse

make use of Pdanet+.....¿¿ cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
trent101:
pls i nid urgent help house, my system Dell , inspiron N4050 , icore 3 is so slow, always showing not responding and it takes up to 3mins for a file to open , bt after the first delay everything sims to go back to normal, it no longer takes long to open a file , bt it kips showing not responding from time to time. how do i solve dis problem plsssssssssssssssssss.

Upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrPero(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

make use of Pdanet+.....¿¿ cheesy

Pdanet ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by barnabas91: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
trent101:
u need to upgrade the ram. if its 2gb, make it 4gb. it will enhance d speed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marcelo59(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
mrPero:

No internet access? put ON ur data then try again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bandeco(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Good evening fellas. my HP turns on but screen remains black. what's wrong my people
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 11:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
mrPero:

Pdanet ?

Eh... download Pdanet from Store. ...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2015
I have a system which is Intel(R) Pentium(R) dual core processor at a speed of 1.8GHz. Dos it mean dat each processor is 1.8GHz and the total speed is 3.6GHZ
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 9:33am On Jan 20, 2015
zyzxx where are you... angry angry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2015
Bandeco:
Good evening fellas. my HP turns on but screen remains black. what's wrong my people

If you have had any issues with you computer and phoned the help line number one of the common things they will ask you to do is an ATX reset, Basically this just resets the power supply in your computer and in most cases can solve some power issues.

How to perform an ATX reset:

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the power button for about 15 seconds
Put the battery back in the computer
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer

If this does not solve the power issue it may be the hardware its self which is faulty and will need repairing or replacing.

Source: http://computing-advice..co.uk/2011/02/atx-reset.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.