Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270350 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
priscillawill:
Pls am using hp nc6220 after i install windows 7, when i connect headset to it, it plays in the headset and also from the computer too, how can i stop this.
try another head set
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by priscillawill(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
cp2dec1:

Confirm and make sure the headset cable is plugged in properly to the jack

At times I notice that when i dont plug the cable all the way into the jack...i get audio from both the speaker and the headset.
i have done over and over again it is still the same. Thanks for your post
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 28, 2015
guys,finally updated to windows 7,see's my phone now,also installew audio drivers etc but can't find my bluetooth,its not even under my computer in d device and printers option,no icon, nothing,downloaded drivers frm dell site,still no Bluetooth, what could be wrong plz? it's a dell d510
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2015
cp2dec1:

Confirm and make sure the headset cable is plugged in properly to the jack

At times I notice that when i dont plug the cable all the way into the jack...i get audio from both the speaker and the headset.

In addition to this please check hp website for frequently asked questions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:30am On Apr 28, 2015
bigt2:
what is the name of the loader in question? Okay, fine then run thee command prompt as an administrator ( i guess you know how to do that); type without quotes "SLMGR -REARM" and press Enter.
reboot your computer and download Removewatt (try and google that). then follow the software instructions. Goodluck! cool

I think the software licencing manager would give the user few days before
prompt to install genuine windows. If you download security essential, it would
detect and flag it up. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2015
bigt2:
you are using a fake charger which fails to match the OEM rating either on wattage, voltage, or both . you need to try an original charger from a replica of your laptop to ascertain this. If it works perfectly after taking the recommended step , then you need to get an original spare before it spoils your trackpad and/or battery (that is if they aren't spoilt before)

@User you can also download hp battery test to test the charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
deji2009:

I think the software licencing manager would give the user few days before
prompt to install genuine windows. If you download security essential, it would
detect and flag it up. cheesy
ope, i meant that he should do that rearm before installing removewatt. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
guys,finally updated to windows 7,see's my phone now,also installew audio drivers etc but can't find my bluetooth,its not even under my computer in d device and printers option,no icon, nothing,downloaded drivers frm dell site,still no Bluetooth, what could be wrong plz? it's a dell d510
you failed to give the specifications of your phone. from what i was able to deduce, i will ask if you have switched on your wireless/bluetooth dongle through the physical switch cos you need to do so for it to install.
furthermore, go to your device manager and check if the generic bluetooth radio is installed and/or qualcomm atheros bluetooth device.
in short, you can just give the system model and we will look into it. good luck. cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chidor6(m): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
I have a toshiba l300 satellite laptop. It goes blank whenever I plug in the charger or when I switch it on with the charger 'in situ'. If the its in safe mood it works fine except you can only do little in safe mode! How can I deal with this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by priscillawill(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
bigt2:
try another head set
i have try different kind still the same
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 29, 2015
WiFi connected but no internet access..happen mainly on glo network,solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:32am On Apr 29, 2015
priscillawill:
the port is faulty. When a jack is plugged in to the system, a small control button in the port will be pressed. This informs the system to route audio to the headset alone. What happens when the button is faulty then?
This said, I believe it's a hardware problem. It needs to be replaced by a qualified personnel. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
WiFi connected but no internet access..happen mainly on glo network,solution?
did you mean when you thether from your phone or what?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superted87: 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
Pls...how can I can downgrade firm win 8 to win 7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
superted87:
Pls...how can I can downgrade firm win 8 to win 7.
stay with 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kenplanet(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
i have a laptop when i do on it,it shows the window logo and makes long beep sounds without booting the operating system
so what the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kenplanet:
i have a laptop when i do on it,it shows the window logo and makes long beep sounds without booting the operating system
so what the problem?
does the beep stop? Have you tried using safe mode?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
bigt2:
did you mean when you thether from your phone or what?
yes,when i tether
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
yes,when i tether
sometimes the phone may have a problem of lazy connection on edge or gprs. The tethering works best when you are on h+ or 3g and not on h alone. Kindly state if it works on the Android phone and not the pc to know how to diagnose this. Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
bigt2:
sometimes the phone may have a problem of lazy connection on edge or gprs. The tethering works best when you are on h+ or 3g and not on h alone. Kindly state if it works on the Android phone and not the pc to know how to diagnose this. Good luck.
it works on d phone,my airtel connects tho
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xxgig(m): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
I used to browse on my system with my curve 7 bis subscription with the help of bb desktop manager. But for some days now I can't anymore, I tried using my modem this is what I get "Error 628: connection terminated by remote computer before it could complete" pls hw can I resolve this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
priscillawill:
Take it to your tech to fix the audio jack. It is either bad or the pins inside are bridged.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
xxgig:
I used to browse on my system with my curve 7 bis subscription with the help of bb desktop manager. But for some days now I can't anymore, I tried using my modem this is what I get "Error 628: connection terminated by remote computer before it could complete" pls hw can I resolve this?
Are you sure you still have data on your mobile subscription?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xxgig(m): 10:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
all4naija:
Are you sure you still have data on your mobile subscription?
Yes I do have data. BIS to expire 8 of may, still loads of data left. Then I bought separately to use on modem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horlardorjah(m): 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
shawlxAk:

Right click on the Taskbar and choose "Properties".

In the dialog box that appears, under Notification area, click "Customize".

Locate the power icon in the window that appears and choose "Show icon and notifications" in the corresponding drop-down list on the right.

Click "OK".

I hope this helps.

the power icon is not been displayed there oh. its not shown in the displayed window
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horlardorjah(m): 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
shawlxAk:

Right click on the Taskbar and choose "Properties".

In the dialog box that appears, under Notification area, click "Customize".

Locate the power icon in the window that appears and choose "Show icon and notifications" in the corresponding drop-down list on the right.

Click "OK".

I hope this helps.

thanks a lot for the response but
the power icon is not been displayed there oh. its not shown in the displayed window
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
xxgig:

Yes I do have data. BIS to expire 8 of may, still loads of data left. Then I bought separately to use on modem.
Uninstall the modem driver, restart the system and re-install it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
it works on d phone,my airtel connects tho
then have you tried switching sim slots?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 11:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hello peeps, bigt2 and all....
My laptop doesn't seem to recognise any storage device attached to it through USB. When I connected my phones, they were charging but didn't connect. I connected a USB speaker, Ut worked.

Please I need to get some files onto the system from my flash, what do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jjamani(m): 12:41am On Apr 30, 2015
please house I need help
I want to upgrade my desktop over from Pentium 4 to i3 processor.. and the Hard desk from 80GB to like 260 or 500GB. and a dedicated graphics card of nivas of 1GM ram lastly the ram to be like 4 or 8GB ram
.64bit oohh.

please I can get all those parts. myself or if you have let me know. also you will be the person to fix all of them. my desktop is IBM..

whatsapp 08129987484
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 1:09am On Apr 30, 2015
Akell:
My laptop doesn't seem to recognise any storage device attached to it through USB. When I connected my phones, they were charging but didn't connect. I connected a USB speaker, Ut worked.

Not reading the STorage
Then Check the USB , Not all USB support data transfer . Some are solely for Charging alone.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2015
Akell:

is either u have a bad port, it supports only juice and not data, or you have the USB option disabled in your bios, registry, or device manager. Has it been working before? Why. Did it stop? cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.