Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266666 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
HI...You say you get an error, when you try to update?

What windows 7 version are you running?
What error message(s) are you getting?
Are you using a genuine copy of windows 7

cheers.

Chukabiz:
Seems Nobody want to help me with my own problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dungas30(m): 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
adetwin:

Kindly remove your memory card if there is one , if not uninstall all apps & install back one after the other
tanx bro I dd BT still not avail. BT did u tink d screen crack can course the freezing?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ib151: 12:49am On Jun 16, 2015
Hello Gurus in the house,I have a laptop that is running on windows 8.1 and Ubuntu Linux 14.04, the problem is both Operating Systems aren't running smoothly,the major issue is from the windows 8.1, I want to downgrade the windows 8.1 to windows 7 but before I do so,I will be copying all my files step by step to a flash drive and back them up on the Ubuntu . please I want you to show me the procedures I would have to follow in order to accomplish the above task .Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:58am On Jun 16, 2015
ib151:
Hello Gurus in the house,I have a laptop that is running on windows 8.1 and Ubuntu Linux 14.04, the problem is both Operating Systems aren't running smoothly,the major issue is from the windows 8.1, I want to downgrade the windows 8.1 to windows 7 but before I do so,I will be copying all my files step by step to a flash drive and back them up on the Ubuntu . please I want you to show me the procedures I would have to follow in order to accomplish the above task .Thanks in advance.
why not back the files up into an external hard drive. that would save you a little more time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ib151: 1:27am On Jun 16, 2015
bigt2:
why not back the files up into an external hard drive. that would save you a little more time.
I don't have an external hard drive sir ,thanks for the reply,how about the procedures.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:39am On Jun 16, 2015
ib151:
I don't have an external hard drive sir ,thanks for the reply,how about the procedures.
did you install both operating systems on the same hard drive but different partitions? if yes, wen you are at the stage of selecting the partition to install windows on, select the one already containing the Windows os, but DO NOT FORMAT before clicking Continue.
a message should pop up, stating that the partition already contains windows, blah blah blah.
click ok, at the end of installation, go to computer, open the partition (the one you didnt format), and you should see a windows.old folder. Are you getting me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ib151: 2:22am On Jun 16, 2015
bigt2:

did you install both operating systems on the same hard drive but different partitions? if yes, wen you are at the stage of selecting the partition to install windows on, select the one already containing the Windows os, but DO NOT FORMAT before clicking Continue.
a message should pop up, stating that the partition already contains windows, blah blah blah.
click ok, at the end of installation, go to computer, open the partition (the one you didnt format), and you should see a windows.old folder. Are you getting me
i was not the one that installed them,both operating systems were being installed by a guy,as you have said, yes they are on the same hard drive but different partitions, is it when I follow the normal procedure of installing windows 7 that I will get to the stage of selecting partition ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:07am On Jun 16, 2015
ib151:
i was not the one that installed them,both operating systems were being installed by a guy,as you have said, yes they are on the same hard drive but different partitions, is it when I follow the normal procedure of installing windows 7 that I will get to the stage of selecting partition ?
yes. It should be right after you clicked the large blue Bitton labelled install Windows, then you choose custom Installation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iseoluwa89(m): 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
My gurus in d house,please I noticed recently dat wen I press d volume key on my hp-mini,d volume increases/decreases but then it doesn't show dat volume sign on d screen dat shud be displaying normally..just wanted to knw if dis shud be a normal tin or if there is a solution as to d issh..i run Windows 7..tanx in advance!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
iseoluwa89:
My gurus in d house,please I noticed recently dat wen I press d volume key on my hp-mini,d volume increases/decreases but then it doesn't show dat volume sign on d screen dat shud be displaying normally..just wanted to knw if dis shud be a normal tin or if there is a solution as to d issh..i run Windows 7..tanx in advance!!

The driver that will show the icon is not insalled
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youngfigo: 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Now here's some easy step how to format your
computer with windows 7 or windows 8.
There's no doubt that Windows 7 is far better
than the previous version of Windows XP or
Windows Vista.
To format you need a boot disk of Windows 7 or
Windows 8 which you've bought or Downloaded.
Now Here's The Steps With Pictures
for more http://www.figolearnhtml.com/how%20to%20format%20a%20system.html

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iseoluwa89(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
adetwin:

The driver that will show the icon is not insalled
Thanks for d response but do u by chance no d name of a driver?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SirBigH: 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hello everyone, please I have this challenge with my HP laptop running on windows 7. I noticed recently that anytime I try to move the system from one location to another when it's on, it freezes up and won't respond to any command until I hold the power button for it to go off. This is becoming increasingly frustrating. Please, how do I get over this issue, possible solutions. Thank you guys for your timely response.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 12:10am On Jun 17, 2015
Hi. Possible causes of those symptoms might be loose components in the laptop. E.g. RAM modules, WiFi module, Hard drive, e.t.c
I suggest you shutdown properly, disconnect the battery and charger, shake and turn the laptop around in your hands for a bit. While doing this, listen carefully to hear if there are any loose components to point you in the right direction.
Also, if you are handy with tools, you can try taking off the back or keyboard to access the insides of the laptop. Loosen, clean / dust as many of the modular components that you can and the refit / tighten them.
Boot up and try moving around again.

Let us know if these few steps sort out The issue.
Cheers.

SirBigH:
Hello everyone, please I have this challenge with my HP laptop running on windows 7. I noticed recently that anytime I try to move the system from one location to another when it's on, it freezes up and won't respond to any command until I hold the power button for it to go off. This is becoming increasingly frustrating. Please, how do I get over this issue, possible solutions. Thank you guys for your timely response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rasheedow(m): 5:10am On Jun 17, 2015
Good morning, is now 3 days ago my headset port on my laptop stop working and i need it too much. plz help on how to get it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by felixtoba: 6:05am On Jun 17, 2015
Good day everyone, please my files were copied to an external disk when an engineer wanted to format my system, unfortunately these files were deleted from the disk. After many attempts to use recover my files application to restore the lost files on the external disk, many of the Microsoft Office documents recovered could not open. Please help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Teedeechian(m): 10:57am On Jun 17, 2015
pls help my 4gb RAM hp laptop is very slow,i noticed it when started downloading files on my lappy on the internet,should i upgrade to window 8.1?, pls help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
Teedeechian:
pls help my 4gb RAM hp laptop is very slow,i noticed it when started downloading files on my lappy on the internet,should i upgrade to window 8.1?, pls help me.

CCleaner is a great way to flush your pc's toilet after web browsing and also remove programs from startup that aren't needed. You don't need crap like adobe update starting every time you boot the laptop. Look for programs like that and remove them. CCleaner has a feature to do just that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MEILYN(m): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
Please guys, I have an Asus notebook that came without a cd rom. I was using it and suddenly it started malfunctioning. I restarted it and I got a message telling me that the computer is repairing and I should wait. I waited for a while but the repair failed, I tried to reset it but the message I got was 'there was a problem resetting your pc. It also refused to refresh, It doesn't boot either. It is a Windows 8 computer. Please I have researched and checked everywhere with no solution on how to fix it. I am begging you guys to tell me how to go about it if any of you knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UcGadaz(m): 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
What is the easiest way to repair Microsoft installer on win 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
MEILYN:

Please guys, I have an Asus notebook that came without a cd rom. I was using it and suddenly it started malfunctioning. I restarted it and I got a message telling me that the computer is repairing and I should wait. I waited for a while but the repair failed, I tried to reset it but the message I got was 'there was a problem resetting your pc. It also refused to refresh, It doesn't boot either. It is a Windows 8 computer. Please I have researched and checked everywhere with no solution on how to fix it. I am begging you guys to tell me how to go about it if any of you knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. cry cry

Please click on http://cybernetnews.com/windows-8-safe-mode/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
felixtoba:
Good day everyone, please my files were copied to an external disk when an engineer wanted to format my system, unfortunately these files were deleted from the disk. After many attempts to use recover my files application to restore the lost files on the external disk, many of the Microsoft Office documents recovered could not open. Please help!

Any error message ?

Have you installed office ?

You could download open office and
then open the documents. moreso,
right click on any file and select properties
then look for the type file for example .doc
.docx .dot or .rtf
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dailyfavour(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
@OP, 1. The media player of my PC stop working for sometimes now, cant play Audio and video, I nahe tied all I could but failed. Help me out pls

2. Paring PHONE with COMPUTER using "Wi-Fi" or getting "Modem", which is better.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MEILYN(m): 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
deji2009:

Please click on http://cybernetnews.com/windows-8-safe-mode/

The link you dropped is of no help to me sir. Please check the link and modify. My system cannot boot, it failed to repair, refresh and reset. There is no how I can turn on safe mode since my pc doesnt boot. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 18, 2015
MEILYN:
The link you dropped is of no help to me sir. Please check the link and modify. My system cannot boot, it failed to repair, refresh and reset. There is no how I can turn on safe mode since my pc doesnt boot. Thanks.
get an external cdrom,insert a windows 8 cd in it and boit from cd...when this is done,u can select any option u like from resetting,refreshing,system restore etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by felixtoba: 8:03am On Jun 18, 2015
There was no error message. It only opened blank document but the number of pages was shown at the bottom bar. The document format was doc I saved it with other formats still, it would still shown blank document . I used different versions of Ms office too but the problem persist. Please help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wkkwl: 9:51am On Jun 18, 2015
hello gurus in the house my laptop has refused to boot up,after I loggin my admin password,its just stuck at a blank screen with mouse.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2015
wkkwl:
hello gurus in the house my laptop has refused to boot up,after I loggin my admin password,its just stuck at a blank screen with mouse.
try safe mode. Then disable some startup programs.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeez2(f): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hi friends,good day.please i need help with my hp laptop(windows cool.i got back from work yesterday and switched it on,it came on and displayed the hp logo (where the welcome word shows),then later it showed an error message,(that the system restarted unexpectedly/there was an error),that i should click on ok to restart the computer and then to install windows update. I clicked on ok yet nothing happened,rather the screen displayed a black colour.please help!!! Meanwhile windows (cool just installed updates in the system like 2 days ago
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Missle4(m): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
o!!! I wanted a universal modem and I bought wahala o. OK bought this modem for 3500 at a computer shop #name Darling HSDPA wireless Modem-- inserted my etisalat Sim card in it; fixedit into my laptop I was prompt to install but I saw a different name HSUPA modem but Ignored and continued installation on finalizing the whole process my system gave a warning that I don't even remember. After pressing finish I opened it and it tells me C:\program Files (x86)\3G HSUPA Modem\WirelessCard.exe is not a valid Win32 application. please what do I do??

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.