Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263343 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Satex(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
shawlxAk:

Is the optical drive visible in the Computer folder? When you insert a CD into the drive, do you hear it spin? Try a few other CDs.

The optical drive is visible in the computer folder. When i insert a CD into the drive, it spins for a few seconds then it stops.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
Chukabiz:
Please help me. i always get this error message whenever i try to update my system. pls pls pls

Check your firewall settings. Temporarily disable your anti-virus protection and try again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
Satex:

The optical drive is visible in the computer folder. When i insert a CD into the drive, it spins for a few seconds then it stops.

The physical drive could be faulty. If you have access to a CD lens cleaner, you can try. Else, replacing the physical drive is the solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
Is it an ORIGINAL copy of Microsoft Windows sir? Not Otigba version, not torrent cracked, but ORIGINAL....

Chukabiz:
Please help me. i always get this error message whenever i try to update my system. pls pls pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ib151: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
bugzygee:
1st scan the hard disk for errors..right click on c: den click properties,tools,check for errors... make sure u tick both boxes then click ok.it will tell u it has scheduled it for ur next restart.when this is done,restart ur computer and allow it run check disk
there are no files in the system, it took about 1hr for the hard disk test to run, when it got to 97%, I went out, on coming back to check it, the system has already restarted itself.

Does it mean the hard disk is intact because after when the guy has finished installing the windows 7(with some features still missing) the system was warm then he said that the system was supposed to be hotter than that meaning that the hard disk is faulty.
Thanks for the reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ib151: 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
litaninja:
Try booting up the ubuntu, shutdown properly to ensure the mount points are all properly unmounted. Then boot into windows and try running some maintainance utilities, chkdsk, defrag and windows cleanup. Reboot into windows and see if that helps.
Also, while booted in windows checkin the system properties to ensure your RAM modules are recognised and counting towards the total system RAMM. e.g. you know you have 2 sticks of 4GB RAM, but instead of seeing an 8GB total, you only see 4GB.
Lets see how far that helps.

Cheers.

Ubuntu is no longer on the system, it has been by Windows 7,i have the RAM (memory test) before installing the windows 7, I didn't see any error report
Thanks for the reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Satex(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
shawlxAk:

The physical drive could be faulty. If you have access to a CD lens cleaner, you can try. Else, replacing the physical drive is the solution.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate. I will do as advised.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promisedeco(m): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
how do i correct a stuck key on my keyboard? thank u!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisley024(m): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
My cd rom icon shows sometimes and disappears most times I boot the laptop. It works well when showing. Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ufelove(m): 12:46am On Jul 07, 2015
Hp630 won't start up, shows blank screen and blinking Caplock led (blinks 2xce) please help.. Used it a night befor and the next day it started .thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 07, 2015
ib151:
there are no files in the system, it took about 1hr for the hard disk test to run, when it got to 97%, I went out, on coming back to check it, the system has already restarted itself.

Does it mean the hard disk is intact because after when the guy has finished installing the windows 7(with some features still missing) the system was warm then he said that the system was supposed to be hotter than that meaning that the hard disk is faulty.
Thanks for the reply
..since the check disk ran smoothly, reinstall the os again and c if it works..if it doesn't, change ur hard drive..mind u hard disks have nothing to do the with the temperature of a pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tempel(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2015
Windows 8 could not install on my Mini HP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
tempel:
Windows 8 could not install on my Mini HP

What's the error msg!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
promisedeco:
how do i correct a stuck key on my keyboard? thank u!

If you can get a blower to blow out the dirt's inside the keyboard hmm because KEYBOARD is 3rd in most dirtiest place, after blowing if it persist get ready to change the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
ufelove:
Hp630 won't start up, shows blank screen and blinking Caplock led (blinks 2xce) please help.. Used it a night befor and the next day it started .thanks

Getting towards end time for that laptop... Pls remove ur ram, hard disk and fix them back and power let's see the next thing that will happen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ufelove(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
adetwin:

Getting towards end time for that laptop... Pls remove ur ram, hard disk and fix them back and power let's see the next thing that will happen

Not working.. The laptop is not up to 5months old sef.. Its my Mums and she hardly uses it.. Used it constantly for 2weeks and now this..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eluyebamayowa: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
Am aving issue wit my system-dell,anytym i on it,after d window it wil just display BLANK SCREEN wit only mouse pointer...pls wat shud i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please Guru in the house help me resolve this. Each time I try to launch a certain application I get this error message.

The application was unable to
start correctly (0xc000007b). Click
OK to close the application.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
ufelove:

Not working.. The laptop is not up to 5months old sef.. Its my Mums and she hardly uses it.. Used it constantly for 2weeks and now this..

you have a corrupt BIOS. Were you trying to update the BIOS or something related before you shut down the previous time.

I don't know your competence level. I would advise you do this. If you are competent enough to handle it.

Remove CMOS battery and after a few minutes then plugged it in back. Then connect AC power adapter and press power button.

Else send me a pm if you are in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
onyekabe:
Please Guru in the house help me resolve this. Each time I try to launch a certain application I get this error message.

you guys should endeavor to give us full info.. Different apps with their error messages.

what application? uninstalling and reinstalling would solve it

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
onyekabe:

Restart and keep pressing f8 select safe mode
You'd notice your icons would appear bigger.
Try opening the program and see if you'd get the same error.

Whilst doing that, please use Google to find out how to access msconfig
And see if the program you are trying to open is ticked, uncheck it and apply then ok.

Restart then test. If no joy use Google for system restore and restore it to when it last works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
eluyebamayowa:
Am aving issue wit my system-dell,anytym i on it,after d window it wil just display BLANK SCREEN wit only mouse pointer...pls wat shud i do?

start the system but hold on to the f8 key. select safe mode. allow it to load in safe mode. restart from safe mode.

if it doesn't load the safe mode. your operating system has issues. also make sure you disconnect all connected USB cables and remove any CD discs in your DVD tray.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tony1918(m): 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please room when i watch movies on my laptop it skips ..its so irritating please i will really appreciate if the Gurus help me with this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by imbless: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
Pls help me, my my hp laptop gets stuck on hp invent screen, also the green light beside the amber color light won't lit up.
Model: probook 4510.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promisedeco(m): 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
adetwin:

If you can get a blower to blow out the dirt's inside the keyboard hmm because KEYBOARD is 3rd in most dirtiest place, after blowing if it persist get ready to change the keyboard
i have an external keyboard but it's malfuctioning due to the stuck home key on the main keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ufelove(m): 1:25am On Jul 08, 2015
onegig:

you have a corrupt BIOS. Were you trying to update the BIOS or something related before you shut down the previous time.

I don't know your competence level. I would advise you do this. If you are competent enough to handle it.

Remove CMOS battery and after a few minutes then plugged it in back. Then connect AC power adapter and press power button.

Else send me a pm if you are in Lagos

Thanks, I wasn't trying to upgrade the BIOS, will remove the CMOS battery and if that doesn't work, will PM u then.. Thanks once again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tony1918(m): 5:17am On Jul 08, 2015
tony1918:
Please room when i watch movies on my laptop it skips ..its so irritating please i will really appreciate if the Gurus help me with this
please help a brother out have not been able to watch movies for a while now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdidi: 6:01am On Jul 08, 2015
PLS HELP ME, I CANT SEEM TO ACCESS SOME WEBSITES WHILE SOME LIKE NAIRALAND AND GMAIL IS QUITE INSTANT. EVEN TO ACCESS FACEBOOK NA WAHALA. IT KEEPS TELLING ME THAT THE CONNECTION HAS TIMED OUT. I USE AN HP LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 8.1 AS THE OS.

PLEASE ADVICE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 6:34am On Jul 08, 2015
onegig:

start the system but hold on to the f8 key. select safe mode. allow it to load in safe mode. restart from safe mode.

if it doesn't load the safe mode. your operating system has issues. also make sure you disconnect all connected USB cables and remove any CD discs in your DVD tray.

Hello boss, please can't install the driver of HP Deskjet 1515 printer on my laptop HP Compaq Window 7 AMD Athlon(tm)XE DualCore, 2GIG RAM OS

Please what should I do to get this fixed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 08, 2015
tony1918:
please help a brother out have not been able to watch movies for a while now
could b d file didnt download well or driver issues...1st try another media player
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2015
Funjosh:

Hello boss, please can't install the driver of HP Deskjet 1515 printer on my laptop HP Compaq Window 7 AMD Athlon(tm)XE DualCore, 2GIG RAM OS

Please what should I do to get this fixed

What error is it telling you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tony1918(m): 8:54am On Jul 08, 2015
bugzygee:
could b d file didnt download well or driver issues...1st try another media player
thanks boss which other media player cuz i have only VLC on my laptop

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.