Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269884 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 0peyemi123(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2015
pls any solution to my pc ,after open it ,is showing error in starting some files and have tryed to detect it but am unable to get. any1 to hlp me on dis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DahtDopeBoi(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
DahtDopeBoi:
can my HP 15 laptop run windows 8 smoothly And I want to fix my cd-rom too... pls is there any reliable engineer around Alimosho L.G.A
pls fellas help me out here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pls I want to install winzip and I got this notice:
Warning 1909. Could not create
Shortcut WinziP.Ink. Verify that
The destination folder exist and
That you can access it.

I also got this notice:

Installer information

Internal Error 2902.
Ixoshortcutpropertycreate

Pls how can I solve this problem. Tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hello guys.

Pls I'm having problem with my MTN fastlink modem. It's connecting on my laptop but the connection is limited, when I checked the network sharing centre I saw I had 'no network access'. Both my IPv4 and ipv6 have no network connectivity. It was connecting before until 3 days ago.

How do I solve this problem please?

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Skateboard:
Hello guys.

Pls I'm having problem with my MTN fastlink modem. It's connecting on my laptop but the connection is limited, when I checked the network sharing centre I saw I had 'no network access'. Both my IPv4 and ipv6 have no network connectivity. It was connecting before until 3 days ago.

How do I solve this problem please?

Thanks

I would advise you visit mtn website for FAQ's. Moreover, try the modem on a different computer
What is the ip address, you could use Google to research how to open cmd and type ipconfig. Look for
Ip v4 and 6, what is the ip address? Are you in a coverage area
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lekerhymes:
Please engineers
How can I reinstall windows 7 when my CD drive has stop working
Pls I need your help gurus in the house
use a USB external CDROM or install with d ISO file
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls I want to install winzip and I got this notice:
Warning 1909. Could not create
Shortcut WinziP.Ink. Verify that
The destination folder exist and
That you can access it.

I also got this notice:

Installer information

Internal Error 2902.
Ixoshortcutpropertycreate

Pls how can I solve this problem. Tanx.
instead of stressing urself with winzip,download peazip instead
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
jairusben:
good day dear nairalanders am having an issue with my windows surface rt 8.1 ..it freezes at boot,,,,any idea is welcomed

I would reset the tablet to factory setting. Visit Microsoft website. Tablet are different from laptops.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
nonxo007:
Pls my PC keeps showing hard disk error each time I start it up, I don't know what the cause might be. And how do I make it stop. Thanks
hard disk failure..prepare 2 change it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
DahtDopeBoi:
pls fellas help me out here
if u have up 2 4gb RAM,it will run Windows 8 smoothly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
cyif2003:
there is no yellow sign

There is under other device
Disconnect the internet dongle and see if the yellow sign is there.
If it is right click the yellow sign and click on properties and Google
The error code for further diagnostics.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
0peyemi123:
pls any solution to my pc ,after open it ,is showing error in starting some files and have tryed to detect it but am unable to get. any1 to hlp me on dis.

if your car dashboard shows some errors, would you give the error message ? Therefore what's the message on the screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
deji2009:

I would advise you visit mtn website for FAQ's. Moreover, try the modem on a different computer
What is the ip address, you could use Google to research how to open cmd and type ipconfig. Look for
Ip v4 and 6, what is the ip address? Are you in a coverage area

Thanks for your reply bruh.
Yes, I'm in a coverage area. Looked up details for the IPv4 at the network sharing centre and I got this 10.128.132.236, IPv4 subnet mask 255.255.255.248, default gateway 10.128.132.233, DNS servers 10.109.5.97, 10.109.2.97

I'm yet to try the modem on a different computer but I think it would work if I did. I already looked up several solutions on Google, tried reseting IP through command prompt but the problem still persists.
When the modem was connecting only IPv4 had network access.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 14, 2015
Skateboard:

Thanks for your reply bruh.
Yes, I'm in a coverage area. Looked up details for the IPv4 at the network sharing centre and I got this 10.128.132.236, IPv4 subnet mask 255.255.255.248, default gateway 10.128.132.233, DNS servers 10.109.5.97, 10.109.2.97

I'm yet to try the modem on a different computer but I think it would work if I did. I already looked up several solutions on Google, tried reseting IP through command prompt but the problem still persists.
When the modem was connecting only IPv4 had network access.
set d ipv4 to get d IP automatically
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lekerhymes(m): 6:32am On Jul 14, 2015
litaninja:
The 2 easiest options are 1) Use an external USB CDROM for the installation. Or 2) Use a USB flash drive if you can boot from usb.
Cheers.

Pls how do I make use of the flash drive. I have heard about it but don't know how
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jairusben(m): 6:44am On Jul 14, 2015
deji2009:

I would reset the tablet to factory setting. Visit Microsoft website. Tablet are different from laptops.
it wouldn't want to reset...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 6:51am On Jul 14, 2015
cyif2003:
there is no yellow sign

Did you take it to the Engineer that installed the Windows for you, tell him to install the drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 6:53am On Jul 14, 2015
Lekerhymes:

Pls how do I make use of the flash drive. I have heard about it but don't know how

Its simple, copying and pasting the software inside the Flashdrive and connect it via the USB Port on your Laptop, from there you can now open and install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DahtDopeBoi(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2015
bugzygee:
if u have up 2 4gb RAM,it will run Windows 8 smoothly
Thanks Bruv! It's a 4Gb RAM laptop... In search of a good engineer around Alimosho L.G.A or preferably around Ikotun Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 14, 2015
bugzygee:
set d ipv4 to get d IP automatically
Done that sir... still no network access. I've even tried a clean boot to fix the problem still it's not working. The modem has been unlocked, even when tried connecting with other SIM cards it still doesn't work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
A windows re-install sir...
justi4jesu:

Its simple, copying and pasting the software inside the Flashdrive and connect it via the USB Port on your Laptop, from there you can now open and install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
jairusben:
it wouldn't want to reset...

What happened?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
You need to get the Win 7 Usb tool from Microsoft
microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

and then an ISO image
getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-ultimate-free-download-iso-32-64-bit/

Note: The Win7 tool is from the official site, the win7 ISO, cannot be vouched for...

Once you have both, simply prepare the usb disk (4GB at least) using the win7 usb tool, andreboot your computer from USB.
The rest is a standard win 7 re-install.

Cheers.
Lekerhymes:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by myhobbies(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
Pls, recently my Hp laptop starts hanging whenever I am connected online. What is the cause and how can I resolve it.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nosaghae(m): 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
have a Packard bell sj14. and simens Fujitsu ms2242 laptops that came with goods from Italy. when I tried turning them on the power light and fan works but the system refuse to come up and nothing shows on the screen. I took them to laptop repairer but was told dat they have AMD problem and that it can't be fixed. Any solution pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
ufelove:

Thanks, I wasn't trying to upgrade the BIOS, will remove the CMOS battery and if that doesn't work, will PM u then.. Thanks once again
welcome. Have you sorted it out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
Skateboard:

Done that sir... still no network access. I've even tried a clean boot to fix the problem still it's not working. The modem has been unlocked, even when tried connecting with other SIM cards it still doesn't work.
change the PAP or CHAP settings. I understand Mtn uses PAP or so. If it's in CHAP change it to the other and the opposite way also. Should work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mondichem(m): 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello , pls I am using a hp laptop. But of recent if I power it on , it will try loading windom files and then off. Pls what should I do about it .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nosaghae:
have a Packard bell sj14. and simens Fujitsu ms2242 laptops that came with goods from Italy. when I tried turning them on the power light and fan works but the system refuse to come up and nothing shows on the screen. I took them to laptop repairer but was told dat they have AMD problem and that it can't be fixed. Any solution pls?
and what's the AMD problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
mondichem:
Hello , pls I am using a hp laptop. But of recent if I power it on , it will try loading windom files and then off. Pls what should I do about it .
corrupt operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
onegig:
change the PAP or CHAP settings. I understand Mtn uses PAP or so. If it's in CHAP change it to the other and the opposite way also. Should work.
Just tried this, didn't work. Don't even know what to do again. And I cannot format my system just because a modem isn't connecting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zannx(m): 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
Evening.. I wanna ask a question??
I was given a used by my dad #hp 630.. The batthery capacity is 4030 buh it only lasts for 1hr highest.. Still new to pc..wanna know if the battery is still good or do i need to change it

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.