Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270098 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2015
Kaysalas:

Oh boy! dptrix, thanx a bunch! infact thanks a MILLION!! i changed the adaptor, just as you said, and viola! it ain't SHOCKING anymore. can you imagine i have been battling with this SHOCKING of a thing for three whole years! i had to go buy hand gloves, you go think say i be Goalie keeper. hehehe! thanks man. wink
Very funny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2015
Awotimi:

thanks a lot bro. I'll do that immediately but the system is a desktop....with inbuilt system unit.
I just tried it but it still the same

If you can use youtube Or google to find out how you can remove and reinsert the ram. Then try powering on, if no joy try the ATX reset again. If no joy look for adetwin or onegig on this forum for hardware repairs

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:11am On Aug 03, 2015
xxgig:
my compaq presario cq57, with 4gig RAM(3.85 usable) does not duplicate display with a projector.
Each time i connect a projector, the screen display goes black, and the projector becomes the sole display screen. what could be the issue?

Go to control panel or use google to find out how to and look for connect projector on the far left. There should be options to duplicate both display on the laptop and the projector. If no joy look on the keyboard top row for f8 or f5 not sure the key should have a monitor symbol or similar

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:16am On Aug 03, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Please what's the name of the software that announces or notify someone whenever a task has been performed on the system? (must especially when new app has been installed in the system) A lady's voice will tell you the name of the app that was installed. I heard it in windows 8.

Google softonic to find out, I'm not entirely sure.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2015
deji2009:

Google softonic to find out, I'm not entirely sure.
I don't understand bro. Is the name of the software "softonic" or u mean I should goto softonic website and search for it. I nead the name of the software in other to google it. Tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I don't understand bro. Is the name of the software "softonic" or u mean I should goto softonic website and search for it. I nead the name of the software in other to google it. Tanx.

To search for it on softonic
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 9:39am On Aug 03, 2015
deji2009:

To search for it on softonic
Bro how can I search for it while I don't even know its name?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:

I mentioned in my first reply that I am not entirely sure. If you visit softonic just have a look round. I don't know its name.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by khaynoni(m): 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
There's this static/flickering horizontal lines displaying on my laptop screen recently. It started with just 3 flickering lines and since then, each time I power on the laptop, a line or more usually add up to the former lines. Someone should please help out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Awotimi(m): 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
deji2009:

If you can use youtube Or google to find out how you can remove and reinsert the ram. Then try powering on, if no joy try the ATX reset again. If no joy look for adetwin or onegig on this forum for hardware repairs
I'll do just that...thanks a lot bro. I appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 8:01am On Aug 04, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:

pleaae refer me to this problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2015
khaynoni:
There's this static/flickering horizontal lines displaying on my laptop screen recently. It started with just 3 flickering lines and since then, each time I power on the laptop, a line or more usually add up to the former lines. Someone should please help out.

Get ready to replace ur screen!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by khaynoni(m): 9:33am On Aug 04, 2015
undecided shocked Economy is not smiling o
adetwin:

Get ready to replace ur screen!

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdulo4real: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
pls help any time i try booting my system on it will keep on displaying errow that the system is triying to collect some update and that i should wait and never turn afterwards... same thing happen yesterday evening when i try to turn it on and i desided to remove the ba3 and fix it back and after that the screen went blank and never boot on pls what d solution....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
plz my laptop show this report "window 7 build 7601 not this copy of windows is not genuine." and when i want to open or install and "program it will say that the program has stop work" Eg. if i open ecarta it will appear plz how can solv this two issues. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
nice one. Big shout-out to dptrix.

For future reference though, try changing just the power cable feeding the adapter first as this might easily been a ground / earth wire fault from the power cable. Experienced that before a while back...

cheers.

Kaysalas:

Oh boy! dptrix, thanx a bunch! infact thanks a MILLION!! i changed the adaptor, just as you said, and viola! it ain't SHOCKING anymore. can you imagine i have been battling with this SHOCKING of a thing for three whole years! i had to go buy hand gloves, you go think say i be Goalie keeper. hehehe! thanks man. wink

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shosky1794: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Please I need help. My HP Probook is not coming up at all. The light indicator on the caps lock button will blink about 4 or 5 times and nothing happens thereafter. Please what can I do to revive the laptop. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 6:51am On Aug 05, 2015
shosky1794:
Please I need help. My HP Probook is not coming up at all. The light indicator on the caps lock button will blink about 4 or 5 times and nothing happens thereafter. Please what can I do to revive the laptop. Thank you.

Remove the Battery and the drive. Then tap under the laptop and blow some air just to remove the dust that may have gotten jammed. Insert the drive, connect the charger and switched On without the battery. This should work then insert the Battery. Your fan is jammed by means of dust. If it doesn't work then go to HP website and update the BIOS.

Hope this works for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdulo4real: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2015
abdulo4real:
pls help any time i try booting my system on it will keep on displaying errow that the system is triying to collect some update and that i should wait and never turn afterwards... same thing happen yesterday evening when i try to turn it on and i desided to remove the ba3 and fix it back and after that the screen went blank and never boot on pls what d solution....
please help me.......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2015
shosky1794:

5 blinks on an HP means Board Failure.

LEDs blink 5 times System board. General system board failure.

I doubt you would be able fix that. Except you buy a new motherboard. Let me guess. Amd processor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2015
abdulo4real:
please help me.......

Why would you stop a critical update abruptly?

I hope you haven't damaged that board. Remove the battery, disconnect the Adapter. Hold the power button for 45 seconds.

insert just the power cord alone. Start the system. Repeat this like 5 times if it doesn't work the first time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2015
justi4jesu:

Remove the Battery and the drive. Then tap under the laptop and blow some air just to remove the dust that may have gotten jammed. Insert the drive, connect the charger and switched On without the battery. This should work then insert the Battery. Your fan is jammed by means of dust. If it doesn't work then go to HP website and update the BIOS.

Hope this works for you.

Sup sis...How would he do this? The system is dead na.

Glad to have you here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 9:08am On Aug 05, 2015
onegig:

Sup sis...How would he do this? The system is dead na.

Glad to have you here.

cheesy cheesy It skipped me the system is dead. He should try the previous suggestion then.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdulo4real: 10:19am On Aug 05, 2015
onegig:

I hope you haven't damaged that board. Remove the battery, disconnect the Adapter. Hold the power button for 45 seconds.

insert just the power cord alone. Start the system. Repeat this like 5 times if it doesn't work the first time.
thanx very much i will try it when i get home........
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shosky1794: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2015
justi4jesu:

Hope this works for you.

Update BIOS. I think that's what got me here in the first place. The thing started after updating the BIOS. Removing the drive is proving kind of difficult for me. It's HP Probook 4525s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shosky1794: 11:48am On Aug 05, 2015
onegig:

5 blinks on an HP means Board Failure.

LEDs blink 5 times System board. General system board failure.

I doubt you would be able fix that. Except you buy a new motherboard. Let me guess. Amd processor?

Ah! I've been praying in my mind that it won't be the board but from you just said, it seems my prayers are.... This will be really devastating for me because I don't think I'm buoyant enough to go for a new motherboard now.
Yeah, it's an AMD Processor(HP Probook 4525s). Please how can you help me. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iamsholex(m): 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
buy laptops and laptop accessories on konga.konga is the most thrustworthy online mall in Nigeria therefore,goods bought on konga rarely gives the customers problem.buying on konga is quite easy,you click on the link,it will take you to the specific page and the rest is like A,B,C. You have the option of home delivery i.e your purchase are delivered to you(its free!).interestingly,you can also pay on delivery(no scamming).so what are you waiting for?? Buy the laptop of your choice today from Nigeria's no1 online mall #konga.you can get the link on my signature(for guest,click on my username which will take you to my profile there,you'll see my signature. Thanks in advance for buying from us
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
shosky1794:

Ah! I've been praying in my mind that it won't be the board but from you just said, it seems my prayers are.... This will be really devastating for me because I don't think I'm buoyant enough to go for a new motherboard now.
Yeah, it's an AMD Processor(HP Probook 4525s). Please how can you help me. Thanks.
AMD? I won't advise you buy a fairly used version. You would LIKELY end up few months after with a bad system.

Best bet is to go scrap it or buy a brand new board.Or maybe you take it to technician around you(get in contact with adetwin here)who would help work on it(temporarily) Not long lasting as the problems would return in few months again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
shosky1794:

Update BIOS. I think that's what got me here in the first place. The thing started after updating the BIOS. Removing the drive is proving kind of difficult for me. It's HP Probook 4525s

Wait how many beeps exactly.

4 or 5
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Tolzeal:

pleaae refer me to this problem
Please what's the name of the software that announces or notify someone whenever a task has been performed on the system? (must especially when new app has been installed in the system) A lady's voice will tell you the name of the app that was installed. I heard it in windows 8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdulo4real: 9:59am On Aug 06, 2015
onegig:

help pls i av try this and it is not still coming up what should i do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.