Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267463 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ogborokiri(m): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
House since I transfer some music into my laptop it start getting slow even frez sometimes what should I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bosunjohns(m): 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dear all, I'm having a challenge with my computer. Its an old HP Compaq 6510b laptop. This is the issue. I once passworded the BIOS/CMOS setup. I'm sure you know what I mean. I have racked my brain all through today to remember the password but no success. I've done some googling but no solution yet. Please friends, how can I clear or reset the BIOS password? I need to change some BIOS settings so as to enable me run an android emulator. Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:00am On Sep 27, 2015
bosunjohns:
Dear all, I'm having a challenge with my computer. Its an old HP Compaq 6510b laptop. This is the issue. I once passworded the BIOS/CMOS setup. I'm sure you know what I mean. I have racked my brain all through today to remember the password but no success. I've done some googling but no solution yet. Please friends, how can I clear or reset the BIOS password? I need to change some BIOS settings so as to enable me run an android emulator. Thanks for the feedback.
only a good hardware tech can short-pin that for u...adetwin is a hardware man...find him here on nairaland to advise u properly..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bosunjohns(m): 12:08am On Sep 27, 2015
sameolg616:

only a good hardware tech can short-pin that for u...adetwin is a hardware man...find him here on nairaland to advise u properly..
Thanks bro. Will do just that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hi pals. Please I need halp on this issue. I have a HP mini laptop with a battery that used to last for about seven (7) hours after being fully charged. but the battery is no longer ok. So, my question is: How can I get such a battery for replacement? I'm asking this because the places I've gone so far to buy spare battery only have those that can hardly last for 2 hours.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
Okponee:
Hi pals. Please I need halp on this issue. I have a HP mini laptop with a battery that used to last for about seven (7) hours after being fully charged. but the battery is no longer ok. So, my question is: How can I get such a battery for replacement? I'm asking this because the places I've gone so far to buy spare battery only have those that can hardly last for 2 hours.

You can get them online from Ebay.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Janyves(m): 12:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
How ya'll doing peeps? Please what could be the cause of erratic movement of the cursor/mouse pointer, and irregular typing of characters especially (---) on computers (desktop and laptop). I've seen it happen on all variants of o.s and don't seem to understand how to stop it. If you know pls. Shed some light on the topic.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
justi4jesu:

Tnx for your prompt response, but the challenge I have now is on how I can determine the exact battery I can get from them, as I've got to understand that the batteries are of several types.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
bosunjohns:

Thanks bro. Will do just that.

The best is, check our signature for contact details
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
bigt2:
okay, thought you said you've changed the screen already.

Just came to say a big thank you.. Of a truth it was the flex all along that pulled out due to the step. It has been fixed now.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
all4naija:
You are welcome. I wouldn't want you to fix it yourself because some LCDs are very fragile.

Thank you so much.. The problem was the flex that pulled out and it has been fixed..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
samkizzy:

Thank you so much.. The problem was the flex that pulled out and it has been fixed..
You are welcome, bro. I am glad you got it fixed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ogborokiri:
House since I transfer some music into my laptop it start getting slow even frez sometimes what should I do
reformatting things should be in ur mind.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Janyves:
How ya'll doing peeps? Please what could be the cause of erratic movement of the cursor/mouse pointer, and irregular typing of characters especially (---) on computers (desktop and laptop). I've seen it happen on all variants of o.s and don't seem to understand how to stop it. If you know pls. Shed some light on the topic.
the automatic (-----) is caused by malfunctioning keyboard. if ur mouse move by itself, u probably have the wrong driver for it. thank you.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
my packard bell boots abt 15 minutes later or so after trying to power it; though it doesn't boot at all sometimes.
what do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by walexsho(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
VITALYSTA:
my packard bell boots abt 15 minutes later or so after trying to power it; though it doesn't boot at all sometimes.
what do I do?

I hope it's not what I'm thinking, It happened to my HP compaq which I eventually abandoned when it finally stopped booting into desktop.
I tried all possible troubleshooting tips, I even took it to Ikeja when I got fedup.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
walexsho:

I hope it's not what I'm thinking, It happened to my HP compaq which I eventually abandoned when it finally stopped booting into desktop.
I tried all possible troubleshooting tips, I even took it to Ikeja when I got fedup.
let it not be ooh. but it boots stimes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2015
VITALYSTA:
what do I do?
RAM or motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kelgabriel5(m): 7:34am On Sep 28, 2015
Please guys my hp dv4 pavilion, after pressin d password continues to process but won't come up

PLEASE help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 7:36am On Sep 28, 2015
justi4jesu:

Bro Howdy??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:31am On Sep 28, 2015
Kelgabriel5:
Please guys my hp dv4 pavilion, after pressin d password continues to process but won't come up

PLEASE help me

Hmmm ! Can u unscrew the system?

If yes unscrew the ram & clean it, after that fix back.

If no changes pls check our signature for contact
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
samkizzy:

Just came to say a big thank you.. Of a truth it was the flex all along that pulled out due to the step. It has been fixed now.
THANK GOD UR LAPTOP IS BACK TO NORMAL. CONGRATULATIONS.!!!
I HAVE SPOKUN angry angry angry grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souldeep(m): 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hello hux. I need help on my compaq laptop. When I put it on, it sometimes make a horn sound and when it manages to boot, some key buttons just keep pressing down and some won't work @all. Does it need a keyboard replacement?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kelgabriel5(m): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
adetwin:

Hmmm ! Can u unscrew the system?

If yes unscrew the ram & clean it, after that fix back.

If no changes pls check our signature for contact
I tried using safe mode to boot it nd it came up successfully so do u recommend I still clean the ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 12:35am On Sep 29, 2015
souldeep:
Hello hux. I need help on my compaq laptop. When I put it on, it sometimes make a horn sound and when it manages to boot, some key buttons just keep pressing down and some won't work @all. Does it need a keyboard replacement?
find the nearest computer store and replace your keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 12:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Kelgabriel5:
I tried using safe mode to boot it nd it came up successfully so do u recommend I still clean the ram
I don't think there ua any need for that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 12:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Kelgabriel5:
I don't think there is any need for that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 12:40am On Sep 29, 2015
bugzygee:
RAM or motherboard
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souldeep(m): 3:14am On Sep 29, 2015
VITALYSTA:

find the nearest computer store and replace your keyboard.
thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kelgabriel5(m): 6:35am On Sep 29, 2015
VITALYSTA:
I don't think there is any need for that.
thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Generalkorex(m): 9:07am On Sep 29, 2015
Good morning guys
I dont knw what is wrong with my dell latitude laptop.
Whenever I on it it will hang until I press the power button again.
And when it finally comes up the keyboard will stop working.even if I plug an external keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Freeezzz(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2015
Not to worry. Fixed!
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.