Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263734 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
johnsonodii:
I didn't get what you mean... Throw more light please

Xender is an android and iOS app that allows your transfer files to and receive files from other phones (very much like flashare). It also has a functionality whereby you can connect to the phone via a laptop web browser to transfer files to and from the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yemi2plus(m): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
yemi2plus:
HELP: I recently collected my old MTN F@stlink
unlocked E165G modem from a friend who was using it on a desktop with Windows XP as the OS. Right now, the modem doesn't connect on Windows 7 if the network is on 3G unless on EDGE/GPRS but this wasn't the case on the my friend's desktop.
Could it be that the drivers are outdated or not
compatible with Windows 7?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elemental(m): 3:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a quick question. What can these devices be used for and do they accept Sim cards. Thanks

Westell VersaLink 4-Port
10/100 Wireless G Router
(A99-327W11-00)

Cisco Linksys Model # SE1500
Fast Ethernet Switch
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
Elemental:
Hello everyone, I have a quick question. What can these devices be used for and do they accept Sim cards. Thanks

Westell VersaLink 4-Port
10/100 Wireless G Router
(A99-327W11-00)

Cisco Linksys Model # SE1500
Fast Ethernet Switch

They don't accept sim

They are used for "wireless-ing" a LAN
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elemental(m): 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
airsaylongcon:

They don't accept sim
They are used for "wireless-ing" a LAN
Please explain more about wireless-ing a LAN
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Afoskalex(m): 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please, my Sony VAIO window 8 laptop is splitting into four what can I do or can anyone help me out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
Elemental:
That's wlan. Google swatch it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
Elemental:
That's wlan. Google search it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
khhalifa:

how far, where u able to solve ur laptop problem? please If u do, can u share how u did it. I'm facing same issue here.
[email]not yet. Just dumped it since then. Will look for a qualified tech guy at C.V[/email]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:36am On Feb 14, 2016
Akell:

[email]not yet. Just dumped it since then. Will look for a qualified tech guy at C.V[/email]
What was the issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChynoBEATS: 6:20am On Feb 15, 2016
Uhm guy's i want to sell off my two 20inch pc monitor(hp L2045w) . Is anyone interested?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 7:13am On Feb 15, 2016
Please all the gurus in the house I need help. I was using my brian laptop just to notice that it shut down few minutes later. However, before this incident, I've always noticed that sometimes when it's plugged in to a power source and I disconnect it maybe cus the battery is fully charged, it switches off immediately. I will have to switch it on again. And at times, it doesn't trip of when I remove it from a power source. But this noon, was watching a movie and it tripped off and has refused to come up. I changed battery, same thing.
N.B: when I plug it to a power source, it shows the 'charge led' and when I try to switch on, the led light goes off.

Again, when I try to switch it on (not plugged in), the led blinks but doesn't power on.

SOLUTION PLEASE
Windows 10 pro (activated)
64bit
Intel core i3
500 HDD
bigt2:

What was the issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:28am On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=Akell post=42931497][/quote]
Is a capacitor problem on the board. You need to take it to a qualified personnel. The last resort may be to change the board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zface(m): 12:08am On Feb 16, 2016
pls i'm having issue with my Hp 2000 laptop. Whenever i turn it on after loading windows 7 to it, it shows Hard disk error 301 advising me to backup my files due to imminent failure. Pls what can i do to solve this problem? Does it mean my hard disk has damged? Can it be repaired or i will have to change it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:31am On Feb 16, 2016
Zface:
pls i'm having issue with my Hp 2000 laptop. Whenever i turn it on after loading windows 7 to it, it shows Hard disk error 301 advising me to backup my files due to imminent failure. Pls what can i do to solve this problem? Does it mean my hard disk has damged? Can it be repaired or i will have to change it?
you WIll need to change it because your hard drive has failed the SMART (Self Monitoring and Reporting Technique) test, hence - error 301. Even though some hard disk continue to work for a long time after such a problem, I will advise you to :
Backup your data and get another(you can use the failed one as am external hard drive anyways, but don't rely on it). I've ignored it before only to suffer the consequence of losing my data.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akp202(m): 11:31am On Feb 16, 2016
pls each time i try making use of my vlc player on my pc it says VLC media player just crashed and it will stop playing . pls whats d solution to this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zface(m): 12:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
bigt2:
you WIll need to change it because your hard drive has failed the SMART (Self Monitoring and Reporting Technique) test, hence - error 301. Even though some hard disk continue to work for a long time after such a problem, I will advise you to :
Backup your data and get another(you can use the failed one as am external hard drive anyways, but don't rely on it). I've ignored it before only to suffer the consequence of losing my data.
Thanks for ur advice. Like aw much will it cost to replace a 500Gb HDD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
Zface:
Thanks for ur advice. Like aw much will it cost to replace a 500Gb HDD
8k for a seagate 500gb hdd but with this dollar scenario, it should be at most 12k.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 2:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
bigt2:

Is a capacitor problem on the board. You need to take it to a qualified personnel. The last resort may be to change the board.

thanks! You're still in oyo right? Might have to contact you for that. How much would replacing the board cost ( by 'board', I hope you mean the Motherboard)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nkeona(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
help my hp battery is showing the x symbol and each time i turn it this msg. pops up 'consider replacing your battery' the said battery is still new
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
Akell:

thanks! You're still in oyo right? Might have to contact you for that. How much would replacing the board cost ( by 'board', I hope you mean the Motherboard)
Board, mobo, motherboard, mb, name it anything, they're all the same. smiley I'm in oyo. I'll let you know how much. Standby...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zface(m): 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
bigt2:

8k for a seagate 500gb hdd but with this dollar scenario, it should be at most 12k.
thanks so much bro.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Zface:
thanks so much bro.
Any day bro. cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
bigt2:

Board, mobo, motherboard, mb, name it anything, they're all the same. smiley I'm in oyo. I'll let you know how much. Standby...

talk na. Abi dem go ban you if you reveal it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
bigt2:

mb nobi megabyte again? tongue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
airsaylongcon:

mb nobi megabyte again? tongue
i mean it bro angry

Akell:

talk na. Abi dem go ban you if you reveal it?
ban ke? what is the exact model of your laptop ojare?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samask64: 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
pls gurus I need or help very urgent.
I formated my system HP yesteday and since then it as refused to update window and also did. not run any tin I download from internet it will show file is corrupted or sometimes stop during downloading. and show cant read d source or file unsigned or one file. missing pls I need ur hlp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
bigt2:

i mean it bro angry

ban ke? what is the exact model of your laptop ojare?

ok...I know you are 'unbanable'. My laptop is a Brian Laptop o. Dunno if you have ever come across that model. Are you telling me Seun changed you from BigT to bigt2 Seun must be a master cloner then. One hell of a scientist he is.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
Akell:

ok...I know you are 'unbanable'. My laptop is a Brian Laptop o. Dunno if you have ever come across that model. Are you telling me Seun changed you from BigT to bigt2 Seun must be a master cloner then. One hell of a scientist he is.
Then I guess it's the mini notebook right?

Don't mind seun ojare, I've been shouting and it's been falling on deaf ears. Had the problem affected all nairaland.com users when the hacking was done, then I should have kept mute. Seun, why me

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.