Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263293 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by klexycole(m): 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
I Need Urgent Answers Please!

My Asus Mini Laptop Developed A Problem Lately.Anytime Its Used For A Long Period,It Gets Hot And Later Power Off.

What Could Be The Problem And What's The Solution??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
It's overheating. If the laptop has a fan, verify that it's working properly -- not clogged with dust or broken. You may need to take your laptop to an engineer.

klexycole:
I Need Urgent Answers Please!

My Asus Mini Laptop Developed A Problem Lately.Anytime Its Used For A Long Period,It Gets Hot And Later Power Off.

What Could Be The Problem And What's The Solution??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by klexycole(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
shawlxAk:
It's overheating. If the laptop has a fan, verify that it's working properly -- not clogged with dust or broken. You may need to take your laptop to an engineer.

Thanks Bro.Told Someone, He Said It Might Be The Processor.

And More So,If I'm Gonna Repair This,How Much Will It Cost Me??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by byko89(m): 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Pleas I need a help here, I bought Toshiba satellite, when I 1st bought it,if i power it on and plug it on the light, it can't not charge, it will be blinking white light,unless the battery crosses 60%. But if i switch off it will charge normal. I never know it was a problem. Leta once the laptop is on,it can't be working and be charging at the same time unless the battery is at 100%, if you want it to charge you switch off. The latest problem that has made me uncomfortable is that if you switch it off to allow it to charge, after like 20 mins, the power button will light up, and the power indicator will be blinking white showing it is not charging, what will I do now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dave2meek(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
Help my system now slows down, it takes time to open files and sometimes says not responding. It also takes time to shut down unlike before.
My hard disk usage is showing 100%.

N. B, The system is 4gb ram(3.22gb usable), 500gb hard disk about 360gb available.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 11:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
Open task manager. On the processes tab, click the Disk column header to sort processes by Disk Usage. Identify the actual process(es) that's eating up the disk.

dave2meek:
Help my system now slows down, it takes time to open files and sometimes says not responding. It also takes time to shut down unlike before.
My hard disk usage is showing 100%.

N. B, The system is 4gb ram(3.22gb usable), 500gb hard disk about 360gb available.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Test the system with a different charger. If the same problem occurs, test with another battery.

byko89:
Pleas I need a help here, I bought Toshiba satellite, when I 1st bought it,if i power it on and plug it on the light, it can't not charge, it will be blinking white light,unless the battery crosses 60%. But if i switch off it will charge normal. I never know it was a problem. Leta once the laptop is on,it can't be working and be charging at the same time unless the battery is at 100%, if you want it to charge you switch off. The latest problem that has made me uncomfortable is that if you switch it off to allow it to charge, after like 20 mins, the power button will light up, and the power indicator will be blinking white showing it is not charging, what will I do now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jedidiahworld(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
Please I need ur help with my laptop model: HP 250 G4, 500GB with 4GB ram and 1.6 GHZ. It has problem connecting to WiFi I.e whenever I connect to any WiFi it will show no internet connected and also when I play any game it hangs a lot. I wanna ask if it a driver or hardware problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Verify that your computer is configured to obtain an IP address and a DNS server address automatically.

Temporarily disable your security software and see if the "no internet" problem is solved.

What kind of games do you play on it? Doesn't the system overheat?

Jedidiahworld:
Please I need ur help with my laptop model: HP 250 G4, 500GB with 4GB ram and 1.6 GHZ. It has problem connecting to WiFi I.e whenever I connect to any WiFi it will show no internet connected and also when I play any game it hangs a lot. I wanna ask if it a driver or hardware problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dave2meek(m): 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
I just checked, what I'm seeing is CPU 0%, memory 23%, disk 100% and network 0%.
CPU and memory are fluctuating.
shawlxAk:

Open task manager. On the processes tab, click the Disk column header to sort processes by Disk Usage. Identify the actual process(es) that's eating up the disk.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunaguy(m): 1:20am On Feb 04, 2016
Guys help me ooo I rest my windows 10 laptop the rest took abt 5 hours, it stayed in 99% for about 3 hours it was late in the night so I put off the the gen and I offer the system manually and on it again and it showed installing windows...I wanted it too install the Windows when. There is light so I manually off it again now there is light when I on it shows error installing windows press okay too restart and install again.. Then I found a solution for the error message.. But my system keeps rebooting... You guys should help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kimmyslaw(m): 2:41am On Feb 04, 2016
shawlxAk:
Right-click the network name and choose 'forget this network' or something similar. Then, toggle the WiFi button on/off and try to connect again.

I have done that several times, it cnt connect ton any wifi but it can see the wifi, I formated d system yet it still cnt connect
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:17am On Feb 04, 2016
tunaguy:
Guys help me ooo I rest my windows 10 laptop the rest took abt 5 hours, it stayed in 99% for about 3 hours it was late in the night so I put off the the gen and I offer the system manually and on it again and it showed installing windows...I wanted it too install the Windows when. There is light so I manually off it again now there is light when I on it shows error installing windows press okay too restart and install again.. Then I found a solution for the error message.. But my system keeps rebooting... You guys should help me
Select the disc drive as the boot device and all should be fine. The problem is that your system is still trying to access those files on the hdd which are incomplete due to the abrupt stop you caused hence, failing; and then selecting the hard drive as the first boot device. Got the loop?
Press f10 when in bios and select the disk drive. Better still, change the priority in the bios settings and don't forget to turn it back to boot from the hdd after formatting. Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2016
good morning house, am having a battery issue with my hp pavilion laptop. I recently bought a new battery last December and it was working fine until I forgot my charger at my friends place about 3 weeks ago. so I didn't charge it since then. but when I collected d charger yesterday and I plugged it my battery level didn't increase, it just saying "plugged in charging" but it's not leaving 0%. I have tried different methods to retrieve it. by restarting, going to device manager and uninstalling d AC battery complaint stuff, Nd so on. but it's not working, please is dr anytin else I can try cos d battery is not even up to 2months. please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:41am On Feb 04, 2016
tunaguy:
u need only an external win 10 installation medium(flash,network or cd) to repair the installation.changing boot priority to hdd wont help(cuz the installtion files are probably corrupt)....boot from the cd or flash and click on repair
solution 2:
u can use the cd or flash to force the system into safe mode and so u can see "startup repair options" then u can now invoke a system restore point
solution 3:
if u have nothing important on the system,u can do a clean install (its always the safest and best way to do migration)
warning!
u hdd may have developed a bad sectors and may be responsible for ur system stalling at 99%...if u can test the hard disk for errors then i advice u format using the unconditional clause(may sure u aint quick formatting)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:44am On Feb 04, 2016
oluswaggz:
good morning house, am having a battery issue with my hp pavilion laptop. I recently bought a new battery last December and it was working fine until I forgot my charger at my friends place about 3 weeks ago. so I didn't charge it since then. but when I collected d charger yesterday and I plugged it my battery level didn't increase, it just saying "plugged in charging" but it's not leaving 0%. I have tried different methods to retrieve it. by restarting, going to device manager and uninstalling d AC battery complaint stuff, Nd so on. but it's not working, please is dr anytin else I can try cos d battery is not even up to 2months. please help.
im sending u a software to diagnose ur battery...just run it and send me a screenshot of the result ..only after then can i conclude

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
sameolg616:

im sending u a software to diagnose ur battery...just run it and send me a screenshot of the result ..only after then can i conclude
Ok thanks, but how do I receive it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
What error message does it display?

Can you connect to the same WiFi networks on another device? E.g your smart phone?

Have you tried disabling your security software?

Try the network troubleshooting wizard.

Kimmyslaw:

I have done that several times, it cnt connect ton any wifi but it can see the wifi, I formated d system yet it still cnt connect
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
And what process is using the highest percent of Disk?

dave2meek:
I just checked, what I'm seeing is CPU 0%, memory 23%, disk 100% and network 0%.
CPU and memory are fluctuating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dave2meek(m): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
None they are all 0mb
shawlxAk:
And what process is using the highest percent of Disk?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
You clicked the column header to sort by Disk Usage?

Your hard drive could be failing.

Try chkdisk.

Note: This might take a long while to complete, depending on the size of the hard drive.

Right click the drive and choose properties > On the Tools tab, click Check Now > On the Check Disk Options Page, click both checkboxes and click start. When prompted, accept to schedule disk check.

Restart the system for chkdsk to run.

BTW, try scanning for malware too.

dave2meek:
None they are all 0mb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by allansie(m): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Am using hp notebook..windows 8.1,I jus realised 2day dat wenever I plug my charger,d brightness doesn't increase as before..pls wot might be the problm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
allansie:
Am using hp notebook..windows 8.1,I jus realised 2day dat wenever I plug my charger,d brightness doesn't increase as before..pls wot might be the problm

Power setting. Perhaps initially you configured your laptop to switch to high performance when plugged in and balanced when on battery. This setting may have changed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
oluswaggz:

Ok thanks, but how do I receive it?
here it is again

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by allansie(m): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Power setting. Perhaps initially you configured your laptop to switch to high performance when plugged in and balanced when on battery. This setting may have changed
Tnx much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
PLEASE I NEED Y'ALL HELP ON THIS
i got a 15inches Hp laptop (intel)
but ever since i bought it, the BLUETOOTH has not been working. Infact, i can't also increase or decrease the brightness of my laptop though all these things are there but they don't respond when i set them on. As for the bluetooth, i've done all my possible best to make that sh¡t send and transfer files but all my effort always go in vain. The problem is, i can set it on but the stubborn tin won't connect or pair with any available device. And also, i want to know how much i can get to change the flex of my laptop? THANKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
bigneorapz:
PLEASE I NEED Y'ALL HELP ON THIS
i got a 15inches Hp laptop (intel)
but ever since i bought it, the BLUETOOTH has not been working. Infact, i can't also increase or decrease the brightness of my laptop though all these things are there but they don't respond when i set them on. As for the bluetooth, i've done all my possible best to make that sh¡t send and transfer files but all my effort always go in vain. The problem is, i can set it on but the stubborn tin won't connect or pair with any available device. And also, i want to know how much i can get to change the flex of my laptop? THANKS
Kindly assist in giving the exact make and model of the laptop. Eg hp 250, hp 15 notebook d000sia etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alex81(m): 8:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
Guys pls my dell latitude battery indicator is on. Tried everything to make it off bt i couldn't!

D problem is, since d indicator lights started showing my system doesn't detect d battery again. Pls wat shld i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
bigt2:

Kindly assist in giving the exact make and model of the laptop. Eg hp 250, hp 15 notebook d000sia etc.
itz Hp 250 sir, intel core, 15inches
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:54am On Feb 06, 2016
bigneorapz:
itz Hp 250 sir, intel core, 15inches
your drivers are here
[url] www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5359432">http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5359432 [/url]

Why did you want to change the flex? And which flex in particular?

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.