Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268110 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaid23: 9:25am On Oct 03, 2016
Hello, tech geeks in the house, i need the price range for sony vaio PCG-61211M battery replacement price prop. 3500mAh or higher preferably and also the same laptop has a keyboard malfunction, not all keys are working. Is there any way to troubleshoot this or am i getting a new key? If Yes, price range plx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Muhammedbashir(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Henrozy1:

inverters do cause such things if your laptop is the inverter plus ccfl bulb type I've had an experience on this before.
Abeg, if dat d case, cn it be easily repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henrozy1(m): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2016
Miscellaneous:
Please guys, my HP laptop is giving me a source of worry. It started yesterday. The problem is that the screen is always shaking up and down. I have tried different maneuver but no way. It keeps shaking intermittently. The shaking is not visible on a screenshot else, I would have posted a photo. What could be the problem?
Your VGA cable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Miscellaneous(m): 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Henrozy1:

Your VGA cable
thanks for the reply. But do u know How much does it cost for a replacement?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henrozy1(m): 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
Miscellaneous:

thanks for the reply. But do u know How much does it cost for a replacement?
not really but I bet is not much.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Miscellaneous(m): 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Henrozy1:
not really but I bet is not much.
thanks for the reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 2:48am On Oct 04, 2016
Miscellaneous:
Please guys, my HP laptop is giving me a source of worry. It started yesterday. The problem is that the screen is always shaking up and down. I have tried different maneuver but no way. It keeps shaking intermittently. The shaking is not visible on a screenshot else, I would have posted a photo. What could be the problem?

i dont understand what you mean by the shaking is not visible on screen. Do you mean, it shakes for a while and then works normal only for it to resume shaking again? Next time it shakes, try tapping the screen with your fingers or palm (dont hit it too hard so that the screen breaks ooo) and see if there will be any effect.if you notice any changes, then your screen is the culprit.
Other causes are 1)bad signal cable 2)VGA problem (especially if your laptop motherboard is AMD or has additional graphics card like ATI or NVIDIA)
Try connecting your laptop to an external monitor and check if the display is still shaking on the monitor. if it is shaking, then that is a VGA problem, if it is not shaking in an external monitor, then your screen or signal cable are the culprit.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Miscellaneous(m): 5:26am On Oct 04, 2016
sotall:

i dont understand what you mean by the shaking is not visible on screen. Do you mean, it shakes for a while and then works normal only for it to resume shaking again? Next time it shakes, try tapping the screen with your fingers or palm (dont hit it too hard so that the screen breaks ooo) and see if there will be any effect.if you notice any changes, then your screen is the culprit.
Other causes are 1)bad signal cable 2)VGA problem (especially if your laptop motherboard is AMD or has additional graphics card like ATI or NVIDIA)
Try connecting your laptop to an external monitor and check if the display is still shaking on the monitor. if it is shaking, then that is a VGA problem, if it is not shaking in an external monitor, then your screen or signal cable are the culprit.

thanks for your assistance boss!

It shakes up and down for like 2secs interval continuously. I have tried tapping the screen & applying little force to the casing to see if it is "un-tight" screws but, to no avail.
yes, My PC is AMD with additional raedon graphics
I do not even have access to an external monitor. I don't know how to get one. I'm in Benin.
These repairers these days cannot be too careful, anything to confirm the actual fault will be highly welcome..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:17am On Oct 04, 2016
Miscellaneous:

thanks for your assistance boss!

It shakes up and down for like 2secs interval continuously. I have tried tapping the screen & applying little force to the casing to see if it is "un-tight" screws but, to no avail.
yes, My PC is AMD with additional raedon graphics
I do not even have access to an external monitor. I don't know how to get one. I'm in Benin.
These repairers these days cannot be too careful, anything to confirm the actual fault will be highly welcome..
This your PC issue is most likely a screen issue. Because you don't have a VGA cable and may not have the necessary skills to test another screen on it (which will require loosing the laptop), you will have to see an engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Miscellaneous(m): 7:54am On Oct 04, 2016
sotall:
This your PC issue is most likely a screen issue. Because you don't have a VGA cable and may not have the necessary skills to test another screen on it (which will require loosing the laptop), you will have to see an engineer.

the shaking doesnt appear on a screenshot. So, I think it has to be the display(vga) & not the screen. You a repairer? where do u base?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:34am On Oct 04, 2016
Miscellaneous:

the shaking doesnt appear on a screenshot. So, I think it has to be the display(vga) & not the screen. You a repairer? where do u base?
Don't conclude yet that it is a VGA problem until you see an engineer. I am a board engineer based in Lagos. If it is a a VGA problem, then it either you go for a re-ball (changing the VGA chip) which is the permanent solution or the engineer can apply a soft heat on the cheap (tempoary solution.)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Miscellaneous(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2016
sotall:
Don't conclude yet that it is a VGA problem until you see an engineer. I am a board engineer based in Lagos. If it is a a VGA problem, then it either you go for a re-ball (changing the VGA chip) which is the permanent solution or the engineer can apply a soft heat on the cheap (tempoary solution.)

thanks alot man..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2016
Pls I need computer engineers to come to my aid... I discovered that my laptop gave me a shock while charging it yesterday and am worried cos I don't know if it's dangerous or Normal... Pls I need your response and solutions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yasirarafat: 10:38am On Oct 04, 2016
@skydancer I change my PC windows from XP to wimdows7, after that the PC loses sound, i mean if I play either video or Audio it failed to play with sound...what the prob
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tochman(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello engineers. Please I have a problem with my laptop. Hp dv6000. It went off since last year due to low battery and hasn't come on again since then. If you connect the laptop to electricity and press the power button all the lights (indicators) will just blink and nothing else. If you try pressing it again, noting will happen. I have tried all I know, still no show. I checked the ram, processor, hard disk and all I can lay my hands on still nothing. Someone told me that it is a bios problem. I'm also guessing its a board problem. Pls can anyone help me out here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
tochman:
Hello engineers. Please I have a problem with my laptop. Hp dv6000. It went off since last year due to low battery and hasn't come on again since then. If you connect the laptop to electricity and press the power button all the lights (indicators) will just blink and nothing else. If you try pressing it again, noting will happen. I have tried all I know, still no show. I checked the ram, processor, hard disk and all I can lay my hands on still nothing. Someone told me that it is a bios problem. I'm also guessing its a board problem. Pls can anyone help me out here

It could be motherboard problem, is either the VGA or some ic as faulty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Henrozy1:

steps to locate system32 directory pls
Go to C drive, go to user (name of your hardisk), go to windows, go to system 32
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
Henrozy1:
how can I transfer the whole content of an external hard disk with OS installed on both
By cloning
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yasirarafat:
@skydancer I change my PC windows from XP to wimdows7, after that the PC loses sound, i mean if I play either video or Audio it failed to play with sound...what the prob
I guess you haven't driven the system after upgrading the OS.
I guess thst is responsible. Drive the system specifically with driver pack. That should drive most of the drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
sotall:
I guess you haven't driven the system after upgrading the OS.
I guess thst is responsible. Drive the system specifically with driver pack. That should drive most of the drivers.
@sotall, i must say you know this job very well. More grease to your elbow.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tochman(m): 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
horllamy:

It could be motherboard problem, is either the VGA or some ic as faulty

Ok. Thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
Pls how much is VGA cable? Pls who has an idea?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Goldenokey(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
You can Revert to my signature to know about me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henrozy1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Muhammedbashir:
Abeg, if dat d case, cn it be easily repair.
very easy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
iamGraced:

I wonder what you need a VGA cable for. If for anything, it is not worth the buying if all you need it for is to troubleshoot your computer. You can get it from those who sale laptop chargers,audio-video cables for 1000- 1500naira depending on the type and seller.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
iamGraced:

I wonder what you need a VGA cable for. If for anything, it is not worth the buying if all you need it for is to troubleshoot your computer. You can get it from those who sale laptop chargers and audio-video cables , for 1000- 1500 naira depending on the type and seller.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by androidchris(m): 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
my android phone does not show in my laptop when I connect with USB chord
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henrozy1(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
androidchris:
my android phone does not show in my laptop when I connect with USB chord
sometimes it's not your android phone that's the problem check the usb cord to confirm and sometimes it is, most times it's caused by virus if it has been working with your system before try updating your anti virus and scan your system properly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fullz: 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
my hp mini 311 has refused to power on. It charges normally and on pressing the power button, all the lights (power, battery, busy/hdd, wireless) come on for 2 seconds abd goes off.
I tried hard reset and e no work.
dunno if someone has a better option.
is the board dead?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isidollarboy(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
@All, please i don't know if it's possible, though i saw it online, converting laptop dvd internal rom to external dvd drive just like the way we convert hard drives with casing. Do anyone know how i can get such case, since i have old laptop that is not in use, i could just pull out the dvd drive and convert it to external for my mini laptop. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 3:48am On Oct 05, 2016
fullz:
my hp mini 311 has refused to power on. It charges normally and on pressing the power button, all the lights (power, battery, busy/hdd, wireless) come on for 2 seconds abd goes off.
I tried hard reset and e no work.
dunno if someone has a better option.
is the board dead?
At the stage of your laptop coming up for two seconds and going off, you need to visit an engineer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.