Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271441 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
WeFacts:
But, what could have caused it to start behaving this way?
The VGA is the issue. For AMD motherboards, there comes a time when the VGA chip loses signal with the board, hence it won't display at all or always.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WeFacts: 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
sotall:
The VGA is the issue. For AMD motherboards, there comes a time when the VGA chip loses signal with the board, hence it won't display at all or always.
No wonder, i noticed sometimes i will "sleep" my laptop, but, after opening it back it won't display, so i decided not to sleep it again. That's a long time ago though.

if i repair the VGA, will it work? cos, i really need the pc for some project work and it's really slowing me down. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
WeFacts:
No wonder, i noticed sometimes i will "sleep" my laptop, but, after opening it back it won't display, so i decided not to sleep it again. That's a long time ago though.

if i repair the VGA, will it work? cos, i really need the pc for some project work and it's really slowing me down. thanks
Well, there is a temporary solution for it and this entails treating the VGA with rework station. It will display but the problem will definitely come back again. The best solution is to get an Intel motherboard. If you are in Lagos and need an engineer to help you, you can contact me through 08164685979
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CodeBlooded: 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello everyone I need someone to prescribe a good engineer that can repair motherboard perfectly for me. My hp elite book 8460p motherboard developed fault when i connected it to an external battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
CodeBlooded:
Hello everyone I need someone to prescribe a good engineer that can repair motherboard perfectly for me. My hp elite book 8460p motherboard developed fault when i connected it to an external battery.
if you are in Lagos, contact me on 08164685979
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
WeFacts:
I don't have any money for a new one yet, i want to repair it and continue using it for a while. How will i repair, and pls, what's the permanent solution? thanks

Call or whatsapp i can help you to fix it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 3:11am On Feb 22, 2017
My network printer sometimes goes off network after powering it on, what could be the solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inzaghi1(m): 12:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
Walk into any Union Bank and you're sure of swift & prompt services.... The Simpler & Smarter Bank
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joylpuyol(m): 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
few months ago, a suddenly noticed that my compaq presario cq61 laptop battery was not saving no power no more. I then end up on damaged battery cause i tested another battery on it and it worked fine. so since then i started using my PC with ordinary ac power charger(without battery). I've been using it that way for almost 3 months now.. now I started experiencing a problem which is if I plug in the PC to the power source with the charger, the led beside the charging port of the PC will just turn on and off back in one second. if I keep on inserting and ejecting the charger like 10 to 50 times it'll later hold the led beside the charting port on and that will allow the PC to be turned on.(if the led turn off in second, the PC won't start). when I get into it a good battery, and insert the charger with the battery, it won't turn on the led but without battery, the led on and off in a second and the PC won't power. I've even tried some other charger but same thijg .. please help me.. God bless...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CYBERCRIME(m): 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
Please can someone recommend laptop for me under the price of 150k($300), the laptop will be use for mostly engineering purpose Auto card drawing, big softwares, gaming, e. t. c. Please recommend 2 or 3 laptops, maybe the same brand or different.
battery life matters alot for me. U can still drop ur contact for more explanation or u request my thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shegsone: 2:04am On Feb 23, 2017
hello nairalanders,
please i mistakenly deleted an important folder on my windows 10 laptop, it wasn't saved in the recycle bin cos the folder is very heavy. please i don't know if anyone knows how i can recover the folder back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 3:42am On Feb 23, 2017
shegsone:
hello nairalanders,
please i mistakenly deleted an important folder on my windows 10 laptop, it wasn't saved in the recycle bin cos the folder is very heavy. please i don't know if anyone knows how i can recover the folder back

Download RECUVA
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 3:47am On Feb 23, 2017
CYBERCRIME:
Please can someone recommend laptop for me under the price of 150k($300), the laptop will be use for mostly engineering purpose Auto card drawing, big softwares, gaming, e. t. c. Please recommend 2 or 3 laptops, maybe the same brand or different.
battery life matters alot for me. U can still drop ur contact for more explanation or u request my thanks.

A laptop brand does not matter. What matters the most, considering your requirements are - :
- i7
- 8/16 GB RAM
- video graphics
Any laptop with the above spec, would serve you nicely.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CYBERCRIME(m): 7:33am On Feb 23, 2017
Lexusgs430:

A laptop brand does not matter. What matters the most, considering your requirements are - :
- i7
- 8/16 GB RAM
- video graphics
Any laptop with the above spec, would serve you nicely.....

Thanks bro but please recomend 2 for me with price range of 150 down.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2017
CYBERCRIME:

Thanks bro but please recomend 2 for me with price range of 150 down.

Are you looking for 15.6 inch or 13/14 inches screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BoleAndFish: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Someone somehow uninstalled my laptop's Bluetooth. How do I fix this?
Somebody edakun epp my life sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Somebody edakun epp my life sad

Reinstall the Bluetooth drivers. The software was deleted, not the hardware (not unless the Bluetooth module too don waka)?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CYBERCRIME(m): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Are you looking for 15.6 inch or 13/14 inches screen?
Any of them but if possible drop the two screen size..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
CYBERCRIME:

Any of them but if possible drop the two screen size..

I personally have a very softspot for Dell products.......

15.6''- M2800
14'' - E7450
13'' - E7250

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Deelaw(m): 6:04am On Feb 24, 2017
Good day all,
Pls i want someone to help me look into dis issue.
I bought a new samsung laptop in 2014 that originally came with windows 8.
I went to d ''windows experience index'' page where I saw ''Get more features with a new edition of windows''.

I clicked it thinking it will just unlock d so called new features, only for it to start asking me for keys (and windows 8 doesn't come wit keys).
So i just googled a random key which I innocently input, only for d system to tell me it was a wrong key and at dsame time refused to maintain d original windows 8 it came with.
Since then (early last year) it keeps telling me my windows is not activated!

I even went as far googling a cracked key which worked but has an expiry deadline which is in 3months time as i speak.

Pls how do i revert back to d original windows 8 that it came with?

I dearly need ur help please...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2017
Deelaw:
Good day all,
Pls i want someone to help me look into dis issue.
I bought a new samsung laptop in 2014 that originally came with windows 8.
I went to d ''windows experience index'' page where I saw ''Get more features with a new edition of windows''.

I clicked it thinking it will just unlock d so called new features, only for it to start asking me for keys (and windows 8 doesn't come wit keys).
So i just googled a random key which I innocently input, only for d system to tell me it was a wrong key and at dsame time refused to maintain d original windows 8 it came with.
Since then (early last year) it keeps telling me my windows is not activated!

I even went as far googling a cracked key which worked but has an expiry deadline which is in 3months time as i speak.

Pls how do i revert back to d original windows 8 that it came with?

I dearly need ur help please...
The operating system that was there when you bought it isn't genuine windows, hence you were busted when you clicked the " get more features". Unfortunately, a windows activator can't help you now. One solution I know is to reload a new windows on the existing one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BoleAndFish: 7:42am On Feb 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Reinstall the Bluetooth drivers. The software was deleted, not the hardware (not unless the Bluetooth module too don waka)?
Na follow come Bluetooth. I can't find anywhere to reinstall. Checked my device manager and I can't find anything like Bluetooth. What do you think can be done? Get a Bluetooth driver installed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 7:58am On Feb 24, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Na follow come Bluetooth. I can't find anywhere to reinstall. Checked my device manager and I can't find anything like Bluetooth. What do you think can be done? Get a Bluetooth driver installed?

Use - www.driverupdate.net
To scan ur system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BoleAndFish: 8:11am On Feb 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Use - www.driverupdate.net To scan ur system
Thank you sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Deelaw(m): 8:13am On Feb 24, 2017
sotall:
The operating system that was there when you bought it isn't genuine windows, hence you were busted when you clicked the " get more features". Unfortunately, a windows activator can't help you now. One solution I know is to reload a new windows on the existing one.

But it was originally activated by me during the first time i switched on d laptop without issues or expiry conditions.
And i was told dat windows 8 keys were kept in d system hard drive unlike win7 and below.

I was also told by some1 to reset d system inorder to revert back to d former, but dont want to lose my apps especially those ones I bought.

I have d feeling there shuld be anoda way....What is ur say in all these pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:17am On Feb 24, 2017
Deelaw:

But it was originally activated by me during the first time i switched on d laptop without issues or expiry conditions.
And i was told dat windows 8 keys were kept in d system hard drive unlike win7 and below.

I was also told by some1 to reset d system inorder to revert back to d former, but dont want to lose my apps especially those ones I bought.

The only solution is for you to re install new os or better if ur system still as recovery that would be better.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Deelaw(m): 8:23am On Feb 24, 2017
horllamy:

The only solution is for you to re install new os or better if ur system still as recovery that would be better.

How will I know or go about it if the system has a recovery pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:29am On Feb 24, 2017
Deelaw:

Whether you activated it or not, as far as the operating system was activated using a crack software, you can't do an upgrade nor get any new feature from windows. If you try it( just like you have done), you get busted. Even doing a system restore may not help out. Also, trying to activate using an activator won't work again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:39am On Feb 24, 2017
Deelaw:

How will I know or go about it if the system has a recovery pls?

I think u said its Samsung? If yes!
When you switched on ur system just press F4 it will take you to recovery mode then u will follow the instructions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Deelaw(m): 8:46am On Feb 24, 2017
horllamy:

I think u said its Samsung? If yes!
When you switched on ur system just press F4 it will take you to recovery mode then u will follow the instructions

Will it affect my apps and data?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Deelaw(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2017
sotall:
Whether you activated it or not, as far as the operating system was activated using a crack software, you can't do an upgrade nor get any new feature from windows. If you try it( just like you have done), you get busted. Even doing a system restore may not help out. Also, trying to activate using an activator won't work again.

Ok....So what is d way forward?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
Deelaw:

Will it affect my apps and data?

It will affect

(1) (2) (3) ... (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.