Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:36 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (882) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1332700 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyberprof1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2018
LuckyG1
TRY BY-PASSIING THE OLD BATTERY...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
cyberprof1:
LuckyG1
TRY BY-PASSIING THE OLD BATTERY...
as how,in fact another problem is a start up problem. It is becoming hard to start,start signal comes up and then off...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blesszzy(m): 9:22am On Feb 24, 2018
gurus in the house. pls my laptop is plugged in but not charging. i av done things like remaing d ba3, cleaning d tooth of d ba3 connector buh stil nt charging. secondly, how do i install a network adaptor on my pc. Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:28am On Feb 24, 2018
blesszzy:
gurus in the house. pls my laptop is plugged in but not charging. i av done things like remaing d ba3, cleaning d tooth of d ba3 connector buh stil nt charging. secondly, how do i install a network adaptor on my pc. Thanks!

Change the charger likewise the battery also.
Concerning the network adapter I think you need to drive it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blesszzy(m): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2018
horllamy:

Change the charger likewise the battery also.
Concerning the network adapter I think you need to drive it.

thanks for ur response sire! how can i drive it sir? your recommendation as to d process involve.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by therealMcCain: 9:43am On Feb 24, 2018
My laptop is a HP probook 4421s.

when switched on, sometimes the screen will remain blank with lights on, on the keyboard

Other times, it comes up with a distorted screen as shown in the pics with the fan running on full speed

Even when it eventually boots into Windows, after several on & off, during use the screen can go blank or same distortion.

What could be wrong?

How much does my motherboard cost?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:24am On Feb 24, 2018
therealMcCain:

when switched on, sometimes the screen will remain blank with lights on, on the keyboard

Other times, it comes up with a distorted screen as shown in the pics with the fan running on full speed

Even when it eventually boots into Windows, after several on & off, during use the screen can go blank or same distortion.

What could be wrong?

I think your screen is bad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:25am On Feb 24, 2018
blesszzy:

thanks for ur response sire! how can i drive it sir? your recommendation as to d process involve.
call or whatsapp 08139462401 for guidance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sympathy55(m): 11:36am On Feb 24, 2018
hello guys, my Toshiba satellite 305 is having a touchpad problem, it moves the cursor but not clicking. when you want to click on a folder or anything it will not. pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
sympathy55:
hello guys, my Toshiba satellite 305 is having a touchpad problem, it moves the cursor but not clicking. when you want to click on a folder or anything it will not. pls help.

Call or whatsapp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:09am On Feb 25, 2018
Alphaoscar:

Haaaa
ha! ke?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2018
horllamy:

I think your screen is bad.

Ok, let's start like this:
Possibilities:
1. RAM- well, ridiculous right? Chances are you've been using the PC for a very long time and occasionally when you start it the caps lock key blinks several times before the screen displays - of course it displays normal so you just passed until now. check the RAM, could just be a quick fix.

2. SIGNAL CABLE: so, the screen is not some magical stand alone device that just displays what ever you want it to. Goodness me! There's a cable that connects it to the board. And yes, you're right, constant opening and closing might cause the wires to break or get jumbled up over time. So get a technician to check the signal cable (and yes you do need a technician, don't shy away grin)

3. SCREEN: Aha! Here we are, so after level 1 and 2 are successfully scaled and same issue persists, then check with another screen.

4. BOARD: Arrrgh, here we go again, so if 1,2, and 3 fails, then the technician will have to check the board. Well, If it's the GPU, He's going to heat it (to seat well on the board) - if this fixes it then your laptop might work for as long as a year. And if village people refuse to allow the board work grin then you'll have to replace the board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:49am On Feb 25, 2018
therealMcCain:

What could be wrong?

Ok, let's start like this:
Possibilities:
1. RAM- well, ridiculous right? Chances are you've been using the PC for a very long time and occasionally when you start it the caps lock key blinks several times before the screen displays - of course it displays normal so you just passed until now. check the RAM, could just be a quick fix.

2. SIGNAL CABLE: so, the screen is not some magical stand alone device that just displays what ever you want it to. Goodness me! There's a cable that connects it to the board. And yes, you're right, constant opening and closing might cause the wires to break or get jumbled up over time. So get a technician to check the signal cable (and yes you do need a technician, don't shy away )

3. SCREEN: Aha! Here we are, so after level 1 and 2 are successfully scaled and same issue persists, then check with another screen.

4. BOARD: Arrrgh, here we go again, so if 1,2, and 3 fails, then the technician will have to check the board. Well, If it's the GPU, He's going to heat it (to seat well on the board) - if this fixes it then your laptop might work for as long as a year. And if village people refuse to allow the board work grin then you'll have to replace the board.

*good luck*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:14am On Feb 25, 2018
SkydaDGreat:
Please my Lenovo thinkpad r61 keyboard has problems, only caps lock, esc, and S keys work. Urgent solutions needed and cost.
Thanks

Yep, let's start with the bad news- power button is located right on the keyboard, so if the keyboard start going bad, it starts with 1 key at a time until it becomes 3 keys at a time, God help you if the power button gets bad too- that means you can not even use an external keyboard! What the hell do you want me to say? Damn! You can't even power the Laptop shocked

And the classic "the keyboard is scarse" thing.
Plus it's a bit expensive :11k-12k, still need to ask though cos' this price was from 2016...you get my drift?

AND THE GOOD NEWS IS
1. The keyboard is available.
2.Just replace it and you'll be fine
3.Get it now that it's cheaper (wait! does this sound like good news cheesy)

*good luck *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:37am On Feb 25, 2018
superfelix:
Hello House! this problem started recently.. anytime that i want to watch video with vlc on my PC, there is pop up dat "application unable to start successfully"... Pls Wat could be d cause and solution!.... pic attached

Hi there, that error code signifies a critical system file error. It has something to do with the registry too.
What in the world is" system file" or "registry" (like marriage or something grin ? Hell no!)

Let me save you the boring techy stuff.

The only way around this is to get a clean operating system. Oh yes! This current one is corrupt.

So your movies are still intact. Just back them up in a safe place- including your other documents too.

Then format the system.

Now, after you're done formatting, in the name of whatever God you serve, install an Antivirus in your system. Let's avoid this painful experience altogether. This is because if it keeps happening and you keep reformatting then your hard disk might crash-this is even more painful!

PS- grin You didn't come straight to nairaland for a fix, did you. No, you googled it first right? and there were suggestions about tweaking the "registry". Well here's the truth there's 90/100 chance you're gonna get it wrong, then the OS malfunctions and you're not able to back up your files before formatting...

*good luck*

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:40am On Feb 25, 2018
Razak5:

Hi there, that error code signifies a critical system file error. It has something to do with the registry too.
What in the world is" system file" or "registry" (like marriage or something grin ? Hell no!)

The only way around this is to get a clean operating system. Oh yes! This current one is corrupt.

So your movies are still intact. Just back them up in a safe place- including your other documents too.

Then format the system.

Now, after you're done formatting, in the name of whatever God you serve, install an Antivirus in your system. Let's avoid this painful experience altogether. This is because if it keeps happening and you keep reformatting then your hard disk might crash-this is even more painful!

PS- grin You didn't come straight to nairaland for a fix, did you. No, you googled it first right? and there were suggestions about tweaking the "registry". Well here's the truth there's 90/100 chance you're gonna get it wrong, then the OS malfunctions and you're not able to back up your files before formatting...

*good luck*
*and keep the Antivirus updated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:19am On Feb 25, 2018
Please house, where can I get complete casing for my HP Pavilion g series Laptop? Or at least, the top and bottom carcass. I will very much appreciate a contact I can call and make my order.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:55am On Feb 25, 2018
thorsky:
Hello, i just got this hp laptop model 15-1387wm, i keep seeing online that its meant to have a touchscreen feature and my brother also told me he used the touchscreen feature but since i got it, nothing like that, also checked the system properties, says 'no pen or touch input' but was wondering that could be a driver issue

Drivers, Drivers, Drivers.
First, let me assume you have a good Internet connection. Well, you're going to be downloading the driver - so don't look at me like that shocked

Second, I also would like to assume you're using the Windows version for that particular PC.

Too many assumptions already.

Internet Connected? How many bars grin
Windows ready? Let's get started...

Method 1

In the device manager, there's a section in the list that describes the display and touch, wherever that is, simply right click > click update driver in the drop down> select "automatically search for drivers" in the next window. Then apply a little patience while the driver is downloading. Once done restart your PC. Bingo!

In the first method, I gave the impression that the touch hard ware is present since it will appear in the device manager.

Heck! save me the tech jargon. angry Lets head to method 2

Method 2
At this point, if you can surf the net, then you're good.
Visit Hp site, go to support and drivers then search for your laptop and OS. A list of drivers for your particular system pops up. Now do me a favour select just what you intend to drive, then click download /install. Once done, restart your PC.

So that sounds like going on a hunt, doesn't it?
Let's try third party softwares

Method 3
Using a third party software, a list of all the components in your system are automatically listed (including the touch). If touch isn't available in your laptop, it will not be shown. We'll head over to https://drp.su/en

if you feel somehow doing all of those nerdy stuff, consult a professional

Wait a minute, touchscreen? Don't be too obsessed with it. When you finally get it working, you will only use it 2% of the entire life of the pc.
But hey! I who says you shouldn't go on an adventure?

*good luck *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:04am On Feb 25, 2018
PatrickOkunima:
Please house, where can I get complete casing for my HP Pavilion g series Laptop? Or at least, the top and bottom carcass. I will very much appreciate a contact I can call and make my order.

Thanks.

Call/WhatsApp : 08128714767
I wouldn't mind a picture.
There lots of g series, series include
Pavilion G4, G6, g7, g60, g56...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
LuckyG1:
My PC is having problem with charging the battery. Whenever it charges, it shows,' 0% available, plugged in,charging' and it can stay like this for years.

I have bought a new battery and even a new charger,yet I am to see any heading....

What is really the matter?!

Hello.
Sorry about that.

Your laptop is still supplying juice to the battery but the battery isn't getting it.
So, now that we've eliminated the battery and charger, next up should be the board - technician calling

Just before you head over to the technician try this:

1. Try both charger and battery on another laptop.
2. Shutdown the laptop and allow it charge. Leave for about 30 min and see if it increases.

*good luck *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for your swift response. It's G4.
Razak5:

Call/WhatsApp : 08128714767
I wouldn't mind a picture.
There lots of g series, series include
Pavilion G4, G6, g7, g60, g56...

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
cyberprof1:
How can i deal with my Compaq System Unit... That Is Re-Starting Over and Over again?... Even when i want To Format it, Its Not Still Working.. cry

Hi @cyberprof, this situation can be heart rending but take a chill pill and let's look at possible situations.

Situation 1
Laptop gets to the Hp logo then restarts.

Situation 2
Laptop starts, gets past the Hp logo, window logo appears > blue screen shows in a flash and the laptop restarts again.

Situation 3
Laptop loads fully to desktop, you start using it normally then after some time it shuts down.

Which is your own situation?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
PatrickOkunima:
Thanks for your swift response. It's G4.

You're welcome.
The brand new is N10,000
I'll get back to you tomorrow on price for the used.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
I will call you shortly.
Razak5:

You're welcome.
The brand new is N10,000
I'll get back to you tomorrow on price for the used.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
cyberprof1:
Hey! #superfelix UNINSTALLED THE VLC AND RE-INTALL IT AGAIN, HAVE YOU TRIED USING SMADAV SCAN?
I can't seem to find d VLC on the system again!... and avent use smadav scan!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
superfelix:

I can't seem to find d VLC on the system again!... and avent use smadav scan!

What in the world is" system file" or "registry" (like marriage or something ? Hell no!)

Then format the system.

PS- You didn't come straight to nairaland for a fix, did you. No, you googled it first right? and there were suggestions about tweaking the "registry". Well here's the truth there's 90/100 chance you're gonna get it wrong, then the OS malfunctions and you're not able to back up your files before formatting...

*good luck*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
Razak5:

Then format the system.

*good luck*
Thank you! not only d vlc is showing d error, Opera mini does too... Pls, where can I back up d files b4 formatting?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
superfelix:

Thank you! not only d vlc is showing d error, Opera mini does too... Pls, where can I back up d files b4 formatting?

Not just those two, if you use win 7, the camera software will eventually give same error!

So, where to back up your files- You can back up your files in an external storage device like a flash drive. It depends on the size of the files. If they are really large you will need an external hard drive.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Razak5:

Not just those two, if you use win 7, the camera software will eventually give same error!

So, where to back up your files- You can back up your files in an external storage device like a flash drive. It depends on the size of the files. If they are really large you will need an external hard drive.

*cheers*

That would be an external hard drive o!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
superfelix:

That would be an external hard drive o!
Exactly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
Razak5:
Exactly.
Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 7agaza(m): 12:58am On Feb 26, 2018
Good day house. Please am using HP 650. my laptop battery drains even when the system is off.

Like after charging the battery, I wil come back after a while and meet the battery empty even when the system is off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (1233) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.