Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270718 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 1:31am On Feb 26, 2018
please help anytime I plug the USB gamepad to the system, it will work buy suddenly it will not work again, but after like 30 minutes , it will start working again...

...That is the gamepad will not show any effect in the computer (no sign that any USB is connected to the computer) then like 30 minutes later the laptop will recognized the USB gamepad and it will start working again but after sometime it will not work again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayomideen(m): 1:45am On Feb 26, 2018
Good morning people,i need a fairly used graphics card to purchase,not necessarily a heavy duty one but it should just be able to handle decent games like pes14 and the likes,my laptop uses Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics, which isn't ideal for decent gaming in my opinion
PC specs are HP Compaq nc6320,2gig RAM (will soon upgrade to 4gig when I've gotten a graphics card),2.00GHz core 2 duo

On a norms,I'm looking forward to getting a better PC but for now,this is what I'm stuck with and I wanna make the best of it
Preferred location Ilorin or Lagos
Suggestions also will be highly appreciated
Thanks
Cc Sotall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 3:02am On Feb 26, 2018
Ayomideen:
Good morning people,i need a fairly used graphics card to purchase,not necessarily a heavy duty one but it should just be able to handle decent games like pes14 and the likes,my laptop uses Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics, which isn't ideal for decent gaming in my opinion
PC specs are HP Compaq nc6320,2gig RAM (will soon upgrade to 4gig when I've gotten a graphics card),2.00GHz core 2 duo

On a norms,I'm looking forward to getting a better PC but for now,this is what I'm stuck with and I wanna make the best of it
Thanks
Cc Sotall
is it PC you want or graphics card?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:35am On Feb 26, 2018
sotall:
Good question!
But guess he's stuck with the one he uses currently...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:08am On Feb 26, 2018
kodded:
please help anytime I plug the USB gamepad to the system, it will work buy suddenly it will not work again, but after like 30 minutes , it will start working again...

...That is the gamepad will not show any effect in the computer (no sign that any USB is connected to the computer) then like 30 minutes later the laptop will recognized the USB gamepad and it will start working again but after sometime it will not work again

Hello.
Before I proceed, I want to imagine 2 things

1. You've tried shaking, turning , setting the USB cable several times yet same result.

2. You've tried other ports, still the same issue

I also want to imagine a 3rd

3. At one time the system brought up a "the USB device is not recognized" alert, after plugging in the device. You probably ignored since it did work afterwards.

Hope I'm not getting in your head right now grin

Of course there's a likelihood you might not have done 1 & 2.
But No. 3 fit don happen but you no notice.

Let's dive in.

DRIVERS
Drivers for the game pad are suppose to be auto installed (plug and play). But your system (after connecting to the internet ) must have tried to download an update. Now the poor laptop is trying to figure out which driver is for which device. Unfortunately, due to this conflict ,it turns out your laptop figures this out every 30 min -this is not a perfect explanation...I just want you to understand that something might not be right with the drivers.

So, head over to device manager >under USB devices, find your game pad >right click then uninstall, make sure the box that says "uninstall diver software" is checked. Then restart your laptop. Now plug in the game pad.

END OF LIFE
If it works perfectly at this point (or if it doesn't), please plan on getting another game pad. That's how most external devices begin to fail. It usually starts with the system finding it hard to recognize. undecided

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayomideen(m): 10:49am On Feb 26, 2018
sotall:
Graphics card bros
And I'll like to know how much one compatible with that laptop costs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
Before I proceed, I want to imagine 2 things

1. You've tried shaking, turning , setting the USB cable several times yet same result.

2. You've tried other ports, still the same issue

I also want to imagine a 3rd

3. At one time the system brought up a "the USB device is not recognized" alert, after plugging in the device. You probably ignored since it did work afterwards.

Hope I'm not getting in your head right now grin

Of course there's a likelihood you might not have done 1 & 2.
But No. 3 fit don happen but you no notice.

Let's dive in.

DRIVERS
Drivers for the game pad are suppose to be auto installed (plug and play). But your system (after connecting to the internet ) must have tried to download an update. Now the poor laptop is trying to figure out which driver is for which device. Unfortunately, due to this conflict ,it turns out your laptop figures this out every 30 min -this is not a perfect explanation...I just want you to understand that something might not be right with the drivers.

So, head over to device manager >under USB devices, find your game pad >right click then uninstall, make sure the box that says "uninstall diver software" is checked. Then restart your laptop. Now plug in the game pad.

END OF LIFE
If it works perfectly at this point (or if it doesn't), please plan on getting another game pad. That's how most external devices begin to fail. It usually starts with the system finding it hard to recognize. undecided

*cheers*
it is still not working

PS it windows 10 sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onecornerboy(m): 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
what is the problem pls help

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by basingstoke: 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello all
please does any body know how I can download ms word 2007 or any other version on my laptop for free. please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
kodded:
it is still not working

PS it windows 10 sad

...and was always windows 10 during the times it worked perfectly?

If yes, Your hardware(game pad) might be gone. You can try another game pad to be sure.

If no, then going back to the previous OS might be worth considering. Don't forget to backup important stuff.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 7agaza(m): 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2018
7agaza:
Good day house. Please am using HP 650. my laptop battery drains even when the system is off.

Like after charging the battery, I wil come back after a while and meet the battery empty even when the system is off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
Razak5:

...and was always windows 10 during the times it worked perfectly?

If yes, Your hardware(game pad) might be gone. You can try another game pad to be sure.

If no, then going back to the previous OS might be worth considering. Don't forget to backup important stuff.

*cheers*

My usb flash drive and my phone is not showing either sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayomideen(m): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Razak5:

Good question!
But guess he's stuck with the one he uses currently...
Lol
Yes boss,stuck I am!

Please any suggestion as per the graphics card ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:07am On Feb 27, 2018
kodded:

When you buy the USB game pad, it always come with a disc, inside the disc there is a driver you need to install before it can work properly.

If you didn't see the disc, search for the pad name + driver online or take it back to where you buy it.

Problem will be solve after that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:12am On Feb 27, 2018
kodded:

My usb flash drive and my phone is not showing either sad

Hmmm, you tried all the port same problem? There is USB port 2.0 and 3.0. The 2.0 drives automatically especially when on Windows 8,10 if you're still experiencing issues with all USB port then it might be a hardware problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:13am On Feb 27, 2018
onecornerboy:
what is the problem pls help

Picture is not that clear to see what's written there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:16am On Feb 27, 2018
Ayomideen:

Thanks
Cc Sotall

Are you kidding me? grin I don't think so.

You're using HP Compaq nc6320 and it is not a workstation.

Upgrade to another laptop, just forget about getting a graphic card cos it won't work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:19am On Feb 27, 2018
blesszzy:
gurus in the house. pls my laptop is plugged in but not charging. i av done things like remaing d ba3, cleaning d tooth of d ba3 connector buh stil nt charging. secondly, how do i install a network adaptor on my pc. Thanks!

Look for someone with exact system and test with his/her ba3 or take to where they sell laptop batteries, test with another ba3 to see if it will work fine.

If you're still facing the same issue then it's definitely a motherboard problem.

As for how to install a network adaptor you need the driver to make it work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:22am On Feb 27, 2018
therealMcCain:
My laptop is a HP probook 4421s.

when switched on, sometimes the screen will remain blank with lights on, on the keyboard

Other times, it comes up with a distorted screen as shown in the pics with the fan running on full speed

Even when it eventually boots into Windows, after several on & off, during use the screen can go blank or same distortion.

What could be wrong?

How much does my motherboard cost?

Vga problem, it can be resolved but honestly it won't last, the best solution is to get a motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:23am On Feb 27, 2018
sympathy55:
hello guys, my Toshiba satellite 305 is having a touchpad problem, it moves the cursor but not clicking. when you want to click on a folder or anything it will not. pls help.

You need to change it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:26am On Feb 27, 2018
PatrickOkunima:
Please house, where can I get complete casing for my HP Pavilion g series Laptop? Or at least, the top and bottom carcass. I will very much appreciate a contact I can call and make my order.

Thanks.

Pavilion G series? Which of the G series? A clear picture of the laptop will be better.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 27, 2018
Dear engineers in the house,

Please o, I noticed that anytime I connect my system to the internet, it gets extremely slow and keeps hanging. I cannot launch any of the browsers. It just seems like it's frozen. But after I disconnect my internet, everything return to normal. What can be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:44am On Feb 27, 2018
Qhal:

Please o, I noticed that anytime I connect my system to the internet, it gets extremely slow and keeps hanging. I cannot launch any of the browsers. It just seems like it's frozen. But after I disconnect my internet, everything return to normal. What can be the problem?

What is the size of ur memory
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 27, 2018
horllamy:

What is the size of ur memory

It used to be @ 4gb RAM system, but I think the last engineer who worked on it stole 2gb from it. It's just running on 2gb now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:28am On Feb 27, 2018
7agaza:
Good day house. Please am using HP 650. my laptop battery drains even when the system is off.

Like after charging the battery, I wil come back after a while and meet the battery empty even when the system is off.

Level: Easy
[b]
You will need to connect your charger to
mains prior to test Restart the laptop and keep pressing f10 or other
f key as per displayed start up menu during boot.
You'll see bios blue screen. use your keyboard arrow
keys to scroll to diagnostics or power management and
run me a battery test to confirm battery status.

Alternatively, download HP battery test and ensure is
compatible with your windows version. Similarly, you
could try another battery as per my colleague advice.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:31am On Feb 27, 2018
udemzyudex:

Upgrade to another laptop, just forget about getting a graphic card cos it won't work.

Yeap; moreover, it is not cost effective to get another graphics card.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:42am On Feb 27, 2018
udemzyudex:

Hmmm, you tried all the port same problem? There is USB port 2.0 and 3.0. The 2.0 drives automatically especially when on Windows 8,10 if you're still experiencing issues with all USB port then it might be a hardware problem.

I acknowledge Udem's previous advices. in addition, use google to get to device manager
and look for universal serial bus controllers and click the + sign and right click everything
with usb and click on properties for power management and uncheck allow this device to
turn off to save power. If no joy after that take it to a repairer. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
udemzyudex:

Spot on!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
sotall:

So let's finally put this graphics card issue to rest.

1. Only desktop PCs have that flexibility to take in extra hard ware. For a laptop undecided well the case is different! After managing to squeeze DVD +FAN+ ALL CABLES + BOARD into one small box that bearly has some tiny opening for ventilation, adding something extra would be a killer.

2. Certainly not nx6320.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tallskinnyperv(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2018
hello.. good afternoon guys... my mini laptop was on hibernation then when i turned it on.. d screen was blank.. since then it has remained blank... pls help me... all oda laptop components re working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
Qhal:

Hi there,
Try the following:

....and just before then check if time and date on your laptop is correct...

1. Hold down "CTRL+ALT+DEL" keys >this takes you to a menu >choose task manager >In the task manager >
"View running tasks" , now end any program you don't need at that moment. Try launching your browser

2. Drivers: update the drivers for your Wi-Fi card.

3. Run a complete malware scan. I am sure you will find something.

Let's go hardware a little: you might want to try another Wi-Fi adapter . you will need a technician if it isn't easily accessible. Also he/she can also troubleshoot other hardware too to be sure.

Done? Still the same?

There are a few other tricks like disabling the "dumprep.exe" , running "eventvwr.exe" and also running third party softwares. The issue is things become a little messier.

So your best bet will be to re-install the OS...sadly undecided

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2018
tallskinnyperv:
hello.. good afternoon guys... my mini laptop was on hibernation then when i turned it on.. d screen was blank.. since then it has remained blank... pls help me... all oda laptop components re working

Hello.
Relax grin
Let's hope it's not something big
Can you access the RAM? If yes, take it out, clean with soft dry cloth then put it back. Bingo!

As always, see a technician if you can't handle hardware.

*cheers*

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.