Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268079 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:28am On Mar 13, 2018
Jfactor:
PLEASE GURU IN THE HOUSE HELLLLLPPPP, MY LAPTOP WILL NOT BOOT, IT IS SHOWING PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR AND THIS WILL STAY ALMOST FOREVER. PLEASE GUIDE ME ON EXACT STEPS TO RESCUE MY LAPTOP.

Hello there.
Ordinarily, "preparing automatic repair" shows your PC is preparing to automatically fix some errors that occurred with Windows during boot.
But as is always with technology, sometimes this doesn't work and keeps displaying that forever.

Before we go a bit deeper, let's try a few tricks:

1.Take out the battery for a few seconds put back the battery then power the laptop.

2. While it still displays "preparing automatic repair", press and hold the power button to force off the laptop - then power on again.

Any difference from 1&2?

3. In the advanced boot option menu, select "reset pc". Well this usually work with original copies of Windows that came with the PC.

4. If 1,2 and 3 fail- Re-install windows.

As always if you find the above a bit too techy-
I'm on WhatsApp : 08128714767.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatestboss(m): 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
Good day bosses.. Please kindly help me... After installing a new app on my system, it works perfectly with no error.. Buh after closing and relaunching the app.. I displays something like.. 'The app might have stopped working due to error 0xc0000005'.. Please how can I fix it?.. I've trier several methods i read online buh none of them is working.. It's really frustrating..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2018
my people I greet you all. for over a Month
now my laptop has refuse to turn on even
when the battery is fully charged, in fact the
system on by luck when ever I press the on
button, the screen is displaying fine and the battery is working fine, what can I do to it, I can disassemble and assemble a system so
please tell me where can I touch to solve
the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:47am On Mar 14, 2018
greatestboss:
Good day bosses.. Please kindly help me... After installing a new app on my system, it works perfectly with no error.. Buh after closing and relaunching the app.. I displays something like.. 'The app might have stopped working due to error 0xc0000005'.. Please how can I fix it?.. I've trier several methods i read online buh none of them is working.. It's really frustrating..

Hello

What methods have you tried, so we'd know what to avoid - really.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:25am On Mar 14, 2018
Nacoss25:
button, the screen is displaying fine and the battery is working fine, what can I do to it, I can disassemble and assemble a system so
the problem.

Hello

I get the feeling - don't freak out grin

I once had a laptop that gave me this issue. Boom! I was firing up to disassemble the laptop, but just as I was about opening the laptop, I mistakenly pressed the power button and guess what? It came up!

* so here's what you're going to do first
When you open the lid of the laptop, wait for a few minutes... and no, you're not going nuts grin. Now press the power button...

*were going to repeat the same thing but this time after opening the lid, go ahead and press the power button, just wait a few seconds, does it come up?.

*We're not gonna be trying that again. This time after opening the lid, remove the battery (and charger if you have it plugged in), now hold the power button for 15 seconds. Put back the battery. Press the power button. Any changes?

No changes?
Let's go deeper!

*Take out the battery, plug in the charger, does your laptop power after pressing the the power button once?

*Do you apply extra pressure on the power button?

Let's hear from you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by solutionarena: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
thought out might be interested

Do you have products and services you want to advertise for free without barrier post your ads for free

Follow this link to join Buy&Sell WhatsApp group: https:///EHiRT0V3siz1jyz7eUIUeO
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by solutionarena: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
thought out might be interested

Do you have products and services you want to advertise for free without barrier post your ads for free
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
superfelix:
Please House! HELP!..

on switching on my PC this Morning! I noticed d screen has gone Green! wat could be d cause and Solution please...

Thank y'all!

Did you recently update your drivers?

If no, your screen or flex is bad, take it to an engineer closer to you for check up

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
greatestboss:

Might be from the software, try downloading and install another version

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nacoss25:
the problem.

Whats the model of the laptop, you say it on by luck. If it power button is like the ones we have on hp elite book 8460p, it might be the contact silver iron is not touching it well or might be from the motherboard.

It can power on anytime it feels like.

First of all what's the model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
supaNOVAE:
Yes the light indicates charging when charging

Hmmm and it doesn't power on with the ba3, it's definitely a motherboard Issue. Take it to an engineer closer to you for check up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by supaNOVAE(m): 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

Hmmm and it doesn't power on with the ba3, it's definitely a motherboard Issue. Take it to an engineer closer to you for check up.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

Whats the model of the laptop, you say it on by luck. If it power button is like the ones we have on hp elite book 8460p, it might be the contact silver iron is not touching it well or might be from the motherboard.

It can power on anytime it feels like.

First of all what's the model?

@udemzyudex, you're right!

The model is important too, so we know if the switch is on-board or connected via flex...

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iniuwakmfon: 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Plss help. When ever I turn on my system this comes up. HP envy m4

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
iniuwakmfon:
Plss help. When ever I turn on my system this comes up. HP envy m4
Maybe your hard disk is damage or is not properly fix
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by daddio(m): 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
PLEASE I NEED RECOVERY SOFTWARE, THERE SOME VIDEO WORKS ON MY hard disk AND IT always ask me to format it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abbeycom101(m): 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
pleasee i want to whatsapp on my window7,tell me hoe
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by luvcherish(m): 1:46am On Mar 15, 2018
pls help my hp 610 will not charge , when plugged to a switch it will show plugged not charging. can i fixed dis my self? am in lokoja
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:22am On Mar 15, 2018
luvcherish:
pls help my hp 610 will not charge , when plugged to a switch it will show plugged not charging. can i fixed dis my self? am in lokoja

Hello,
Such a far place.

1. The battery commectors: The battery might not be sitting well. Though the battery can power the laptop but the pin responsible for sending charge to the batt6 might not be connecting well with the battery.

Pheeeww! That wasn't long grin.
The pins might need a little cleaning (.. Not with water!)
Just remove the battery, clean the pins (soft cloth + a bit of spirit ; or scraping lightly on the pins) and put the battery back in... Any difference?

2. Bad battery/charger: note that batteries and chargers deteriorate over time.
To be sure which one is faulty, you'll need to try another battery first - then another charger.

Since its a DIY thing, please ensure the specificațions of the charger tallies with that on the laptop.

That's just about it for the DIY.
Your next check will be the board - and that is so not DIY

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:31am On Mar 15, 2018
abbeycom101:
pleasee i want to whatsapp on my window7,tell me hoe

Hi.

Go to https://www.whatsapp.com/ >scroll all the way down
>you'll see a download link for Android and Mac/PC listed there > I guess you can take it from here grin

An alternative option is to download an emulator like bluestack. From within the bluestack, you can download WhatsApp.

But hey! Option 1 is more straightforward isn't it?

*Cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjoMadiba: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2018
hello house, pls I need help, sometimes my pc moves up on its own even when I move the cursor down its still goes up, it's been so for sometime now, is there any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by luvcherish(m): 9:44am On Mar 15, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,
Such a far place.
*cheers*
thank you boss, will try scraping,,,,,, i hv used another batry buh stil not charging
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2018
luvcherish:

thank you boss, will try scraping,,,,,, i hv used another batry buh stil not charging

... And how about another charger?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2018
OjoMadiba:
hello house, pls I need help, sometimes my pc moves up on its own even when I move the cursor down its still goes up, it's been so for sometime now, is there any solution?

Hello.

Lol grin... I was almost telling you to pray...

I'd like to know the model of the system.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by daddio(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2018
Pls I need a recovery software that recover hard disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:21am On Mar 15, 2018
daddio:
Pls I need a recovery software that recover hard disk.

Hello, daddio
Before you try a recovery software, I think it will be wise for you to exhaust other options of accessing your data.

First, is there any error shown after you connect the Hard drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatestboss(m): 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
Razak5:

Hello

What methods have you tried, so we'd know what to avoid - really.

Okay.. Thanks sir.

I've tried installing and uninstalling the app, It's not working
I downloaded some app like to fix the registry 'rkill', 'ccsetup540'.. I'm still encountering the same problem
I read online that it the problem might be a faulty RAM, I doubt if the RAM is faulty cos it shouldn't have open the app initially..

What else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatestboss(m): 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
udemzyudex:

Might be from the software, try downloading and install another version

Thanks sir.. I've tried downloading other versions.. Buh they aren't working..

Okay.. Thanks sir.

I've tried installing and uninstalling the app, It's not working
I downloaded some app like to fix the registry 'rkill', 'ccsetup540'.. I'm still encountering the same problem
I read online that it the problem might be a faulty RAM, I doubt if the RAM is faulty cos it shouldn't have open the app initially..

What else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by daddio(m): 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
Razak5:

Hello, daddio
Before you try a recovery software, I think it will be wise for you to exhaust other options of accessing your data.

First, is there any error shown after you connect the Hard drive?

IT'S ASKING ME TO FORMAT THE HARD DISK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
Who can help me get laptop carcass of Brian s18.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlexCk: 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hi guys,
Quick question.

How does one fix a 'plugged in, not charging' issue??, what's the cause?

PS: the battery's good, the ac adapter is working well too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
luvcherish:

If you're good in chip level repair you can fix it yourself but before you that.

Have you test with another charger or ba3 to confirm? Something a bad charger or ba3 can cause that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.