Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (888) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269350 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:35pm On Mar 10, 2018
Rhockie:
My system started showing SMART HARD DISC ERROR. How do I solve the problem?

Go and get another hard drive, see if you can access your files with external hard drive connector with the one showing smart disc error, copy files to the new one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
Genteman:
Plz people help me. My laptop stuck in BIOS blue screen.

If you can remove the keyboard, remove it and see, sometimes a bad keyboard can cause it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wolexdey(m): 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2018
udemzyudex:

Black screen?

When you power it on do you hear the windows startup sound? Better still run the caplock button (off/on) to see if it will respond.

If yes, point your touch light to the screen an see if it is showing any character.

If no, check if you can access the ram slot at the back, remove it, clean it and insert it back.

To see if it will come up.

Thanks a lot. Tried all you suggested but to no avail.
Had to get in touch with a Tech; worked on the mother board... The system is in good condition presently.

#Feedback.... Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
Mtrinitymayor:
Goodevening N.L, Please What The Procedures Involved In Format An L.G Laptop And Installing A Window 7 O.S...?

Use F12 or fn+F12 to enter boot menu, sometimes the keys to use will be written on the screen, get a bootable window USB flash or disc and install.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
hadex2d:
the dvd is not working. Can i reinstall it from usb flash drive ..nd if possible . How will i install it

You can if you have a bootable windows USB flash.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
Wolexdey:

Thanks a lot. Tried all you suggested but to no avail.
Had to get in touch with an engineer who worked on the mother board... The system is in good condition presently.

#Feedback.... Thanks

OK.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Reynaguy07: 12:06am On Mar 11, 2018
Hello gurus, when I'm operating my laptop usually 15mins after booting it, it will shut down and display the blue screen. Sometimes it will display, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, sometimes it will show, CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION.
Please assist me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by coast27(m): 12:39am On Mar 11, 2018
Razak5:

Hello @coast 27

One of the signs of an aging board is that some ICs on the board either grow weak or get detached from the board over a certain period of time.

In your case, the display IC (AKA graphics IC, AKA graphics card, AKA GPU, AKA VGA) has detached from the board.

So, you'll have to heat the display IC, so that it reconnects properly with the board.

Usually if you computer hasn't been used for too long, this should fix the issue and you should be able to use your system for a longer time.

However, yours is a different case! So, each time the GPU detaches, it doesn't display, and off you go again to the engineer - and the cycle continues sad

Now that you are fully aware of what's going on, the only permanent remedy to this issue is changing the board...

*Cheers*

Thanks engineer, I appreciate your warm advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:22am On Mar 11, 2018
Rhockie:
My system started showing SMART HARD DISC ERROR. How do I solve the problem?

The only solution is to change the hard disk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:25am On Mar 11, 2018
Reynaguy07:
Hello gurus, when I'm operating my laptop usually 15mins after booting it, it will shut down and display the blue screen. Sometimes it will display, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, sometimes it will show, CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION.
Please assist me
1. It maybe one the RAM is bad
2. It may be the hard drive, thirdly maybe the system is getting too hot. My advice is to visit nearest engineer in ur area.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kapelvej: 7:25am On Mar 11, 2018
udemzyudex:

Click on the window key+R and type “msconfig”, when the window open, navigate to start up, uncheck those box with the items you don't want to run on background, note don't uncheck any system file, just some of your installed applications that are running on start up.

They save and reboot.
If you have an antivirus, run it to see if any malware will be detected.

Another solution is reloading the operating system or formating.
Thank you so much sir, the last this happened like two months ago, I did those things you said, apart from the antivirus run and the reloading of the operating system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:17am On Mar 11, 2018
Genteman:
Plz people help me. My laptop stuck in BIOS blue screen.

Hello,
Someone already suggested taking out the keyboard first, then power the laptop and see if it passes the BIOS screen.

... I know you may be like - what the hell has my BIOS got to do with the keyboard?...

Well, first of all let me assure you we've not gone psycho grin

Here's the logic-sometimes when the function key responsible for getting into bios goes bad, it gets pressed down(although you may not notice). So each time you power your laptop, it responds to the function key, and bam! it's in BIOS!

So, Try with another keyboard.

*Cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2018
coast27:

Thanks engineer, I appreciate your warm advice

You're welcome.
Glad you appreciate it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by supaNOVAE(m): 9:51am On Mar 11, 2018
Please help me.My zed air mini laptop just stop coming up when i try putting it on with the power button i don't know if it's the keyboard that has to be replaced because the power button is together with the keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2018
supaNOVAE:
Please help me.My zed air mini laptop just stop coming up when i try putting it on with the power button i don't know if it's the keyboard that has to be replaced because the power button is together with the keyboard.
No one can say exactly if it is the keyboard or another hardware that is faulty until proper troubleshooting has been done.

If the laptop suddenly stop turning on with both battery and charger, it is less likely that the power button on the keyboard is at fault. I advise you see a technician for proper troubleshooting

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:24am On Mar 11, 2018
Mtrinitymayor:
Goodevening N.L Please What Are The Procedures To Format An L.G Laptop And Install O.S Windows 7

Hello there

Here's a link on creating a bootable flash drive
= https://www.poweriso.com/tutorials/how-to-make-win7-bootable-usb-drive.htm

and here's a link on how to install from the flash drive
= https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clean-install-windows-7-2624917

in the article you might want to skip the BIOS option, because pressing F12/Fn+12 key leads you straight to a list of bootable devices where you will select the flash drive.

Note: your files will be completely wiped out during the process. If you still need your files you will need to back them up first on another drive

But just like everything else with very long processes, you may want to save yourself some stress and get it done for a token amount.

Even yet, there's no harm in a bit of adventure!

I'm on WhatsApp - 08128714767

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:34am On Mar 11, 2018
supaNOVAE:

Hello,

Yes, @sotall is right.

Trying with another keyboard is only a troubleshoot procedure- it's worth a try.
However, there are other troubleshoot procedures necessary to determine the fault.

This can only be achieved when you visit a technician.
Not a DIY thing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by supaNOVAE(m): 10:57am On Mar 11, 2018
sotall:
No one can say exactly if it is the keyboard or another hardware that is faulty until proper troubleshooting has been done.

If the laptop suddenly stop turning on with both battery and charger, it is less likely that the power button on the keyboard is at fault. I advise you see a technician for proper troubleshooting
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by supaNOVAE(m): 10:58am On Mar 11, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,

Yes, @sotall is right.

Trying with another keyboard is only a troubleshoot procedure- it's worth a try.
However, there are other troubleshoot procedures necessary to determine the fault.

This can only be achieved when you visit a technician.
Not a DIY thing.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2018
supaNOVAE:
Thanks

You're welcome.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Reynaguy07:
Please assist me

What's the BOD error code ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Genteman: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,
Someone already suggested taking out the keyboard first, then power the laptop and see if it passes the BIOS screen.

... I know you may be like - what the hell has my BIOS got to do with the keyboard?...

Well, first of all let me assure you we've not gone psycho grin

Here's the logic-sometimes when the function key responsible for getting into bios goes bad, it gets pressed down(although you may not notice). So each time you power your laptop, it responds to the function key, and bam! it's in BIOS!

So, Try with another keyboard.

*Cheers *
Thanks Boss for all the care. I will try this out 2moro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
Reynaguy07:
Please assist me

It needs servicing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
supaNOVAE:

When you plug in your charger, does it indicates charging light?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
Reynaguy07:
Please assist me

Hello @Reynaguy07

Possible causes & way out

1. MEMORY: The RAM might no longer be as great as it once was. It might need replacement. If you recently did a memory upgrade, go back to the previous RAMs that was in there.
If you added another RAM chip, take it out and see if the situation remains.
The error code is purely memory related. And the RAM is the first piece of Hardware to check when you get that error code.

2. Incompatible /corrupt driver can also be the cause of this kind of issues. Search for the corrupt driver and uninstall. A good way to do this is to perform a system restore- back up your files before embarking on this procedure.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by austinwalker706: 12:03am On Mar 12, 2018
Anyone who can help me with Software to Down grade My Pc into androids version.I'm using a Lenevo T60 laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate..I will be glad for a Positive response to Solution,you Can reply me to my gmail : malikonimisi85@gmail.com ..thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by supaNOVAE(m): 6:10am On Mar 12, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yes it does indicate the charging light when charging.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:47am On Mar 12, 2018
austinwalker706:
Anyone who can help me with Software to Down grade My Pc into androids version.I'm using a Lenevo T60 laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate..I will be glad for a Positive response to Solution,you Can reply me to my gmail : malikonimisi85@gmail.com ..thanks

Hello
You can not downgrade persay... Although you can simulate (mimick) an environment where android Softwares can run as if you were running them from your smartphone.

Blue stack is one of the popular android emulators.

Do check the minimum system requirements for running any Android emulator before installation.
Some emulators are known for not working well with some OS

*Cheers*

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by supaNOVAE(m): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yes the light indicates charging when charging
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2018
Razak5:

Hello
You can not downgrade persay... Although you can simulate (mimick) an environment where android Softwares can run as if you were running them from your smartphone.

Blue stack is one of the popular android emulators.

Do check the minimum system requirements for running any Android emulator before installation.
Some emulators are known for not working well with some OS

*Cheers*

POC- emulators not simulators grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jfactor(m): 7:11am On Mar 13, 2018
PLEASE GURU IN THE HOUSE HELLLLLPPPP, MY LAPTOP WILL NOT BOOT, IT IS SHOWING PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR AND THIS WILL STAY ALMOST FOREVER. PLEASE GUIDE ME ON EXACT STEPS TO RESCUE MY LAPTOP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2018
Please House! HELP!..

on switching on my PC this Morning! I noticed d screen has gone Green! wat could be d cause and Solution please...

Thank y'all!

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.