Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270926 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:13am On May 22, 2018
TopWinner:
I recently upgraded my Dell Latitude E6400 from Windows 7 to 8.1 and I discovered my graphics driver now shows as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of my Inter (R) HD Graphics. Also, my screen display is terrible and stuck on 1024 x 768. Any ideas on how I can fix this, please?

Hello.
Pretty easy.
Simply install the display drivers.
The support section of the Dell site should do the magic.
... What? Did I just say magic?

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:14am On May 22, 2018
popless:
Hello guys, My left click button on my HP elitebook 2530p has stopped working.... Pls help.
Hello
When did this start?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by popless(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2018
Razak5:

Hello
When did this start?

Yesterday when I turn on the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SetrakusRa(m): 8:46am On May 22, 2018
TopWinner:
I recently upgraded my Dell Latitude E6400 from Windows 7 to 8.1 and I discovered my graphics driver now shows as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of my Inter (R) HD Graphics. Also, my screen display is terrible and stuck on 1024 x 768. Any ideas on how I can fix this, please?

Goto device manager and update your Display drivers

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yoged(m): 9:04am On May 22, 2018
Please I'm having issue with my laptop. Whenever I tried connecting it with laptop. It'll connect but say no internet connection and at times DNS server not responding

1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:07am On May 22, 2018
popless:

Yesterday when I turn on the laptop.
You're going change the two buttons.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by joyous(m): 11:41am On May 22, 2018
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

Please I upgraded to windows 10pro and since that time I am having issue with hibernating my PC. It will return me to the lock screen or welcome screen when I click on hibernate. I really need this hibernating feature, please is there any way I can solve this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isaiahisaiah428: 2:19pm On May 22, 2018
my hp8840p corei5 wifi netwrk sign is not showin. pls i nid help, weneva i try turnin on my wifi hotspot notin wil show, it will jst display x in red colour..meanin it nt workin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isaiahisaiah428: 2:25pm On May 22, 2018
i cant also transfer or receicev files usin my bluetooth
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 22, 2018
isaiahisaiah428:
my hp8840p corei5 wifi netwrk sign is not showin. pls i nid help, weneva i try turnin on my wifi hotspot notin wil show, it will jst display x in red colour..meanin it nt workin
isaiahisaiah428:
i cant also transfer or receicev files usin my bluetooth
All you need is to install the network drivers and bluetooth drivers as well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2018
isaiahisaiah428:

Hi.
If you meant 8440p, then you should check the Wi-Fi button on the front panel. Y'know that light that carries the WiFi symbol which changes from amber to blue when pressed ...yesss that one grin

You also said the Bluetooth is not turning on, well try the Bluetooth after you have turned on the WiFi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK let's dig deeper... The Wi-Fi card might be coming to its end of life!- try another wireless card.

Although updating the drivers migh also save the day (someone suggested- please try it) but drivers do no repair hardware failures.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:11pm On May 22, 2018
joyous:

Please I upgraded to windows 10pro and since that time I am having issue with hibernating my PC. It will return me to the lock screen or welcome screen when I click on hibernate. I really need this hibernating feature, please is there any way I can solve this problem?

Hello.

The following article was adapted from PC world

Hibernation is kind of a mix between a traditional shut down and sleep mode primarily designed for laptops. When you tell your PC to hibernate, it saves the current state of your PC—open programs and documents—to your hard disk and then turns off your PC. Then when it’s time to start it up again all your previous work is ready and waiting for you. -This is what joyous is looking for grin grin

Unlike sleep mode, it doesn’t use any power, but it does take longer to start up again.

SO LETS SET IT UP
Normally windows 10 doesn't come with the feature fixed in the powe menu ou have to set it up.

Here's how...

To add Hibernate to the power menu,
click on the Cortana/search box [/b]in the taskbar and [b]type power options.
The first result you see should be a Control Panel setting of the same name. Click on that.

Once the Control Panel opens, select Choose what the power buttons do from the left-hand navigation panel.

Next, click the link at the top of the window.
Then at the top of the next screen click on the link that says Change settings that are currently unavailable

Now you can add Hibernate to your power options under the Start menu.

Now scroll down to the bottom and under Shutdown settings click the checkbox next to Hibernate. Next, click Save changes and you’re done!!! angry ooops I just frowned (thats what happens when you shout)that's not part of the article...no way.

Go to Start > Power and you should now see Hibernate among all the rest of the shut-down options.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TopWinner(m): 7:03pm On May 22, 2018
SetrakusRa:

Goto device manager and update your Display drivers

It's really crazy how I've been trying this and it didn't work but it just worked and my laptop is back!

Cheers grin

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isaiahisaiah428: 7:54pm On May 22, 2018
tanks bro; i hv tried it an de wifi is now workin, its only de bluetooth dat is still givin me problm
the bluetooth is on bt i cnt snd or receiv files
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:23am On May 23, 2018
yoged:
Please I'm having issue with my laptop. Whenever I tried connecting it with laptop. It'll connect but say no internet connection and at times DNS server not responding

Follow this link.

https://www.nairaland.com/301179/post-computer-pc-troubles-here/905#67620811
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:25am On May 23, 2018
AdroitTee:
Not @all. Its showing very dark images

Means there is no back-light?

Upload pic or give enough details about the issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yoged(m): 9:55am On May 23, 2018
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adebisola(f): 12:06pm On May 23, 2018
I need someone that can help me sell a system urgently. HP Core i5, 800gig, Wide Screen with HD cam, Bio metric. 110k. Please contact me on whatsapp. My number is on my Signature. I might not respond further here because the thread here is not for sale of laptop rather for computer troubles.

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ademijuwonlo(f): 4:00pm On May 23, 2018
Please, how can I differentiate between factory battery and replacement battery? I want to buy hSO4 battery for my hp250g4 and I was told replacement battery is #7k and factory battery is 13.5k. Your response will go along way in helping me make a good decision. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Penboy: 4:12pm On May 23, 2018
Ewww... My windows 10 is just draining my DATA anyhow. 1gb gone less than 1 hour.
I don't even enjoy browsing with the system anymore.

Please, tech gurus..
How can I solve this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Noblewhiz(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2018
evening guys...tried installing pes17 but FAILED TO EXTRACT SETUP-1.BIN keeps popping up. i want to know what i have to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:58pm On May 23, 2018
Penboy:
Ewww... My windows 10 is just draining my DATA anyhow. 1gb gone less than 1 hour.
I don't even enjoy browsing with the system anymore.

Please, tech gurus..
How can I solve this problem?

Hello...
Many people have posted this same issue on this forum and the answers we've given kinda worked... Yes it worked.

Let's know what you've tried so we don't aimlessly give suggestions.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yoged(m): 8:09pm On May 23, 2018
isaiahisaiah428:
tanks bro; i hv tried it an de wifi is now workin, its only de bluetooth dat is still givin me problm
the bluetooth is on bt i cnt snd or receiv files
please kindly explain how you were able to resolve it. Having same issue . System is connected but will shows no internet access. And there'll be a yellow sign like a mark on the connected bar.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2018
ademijuwonlo:
Please, how can I differentiate between factory battery and replacement battery? I want to buy hSO4 battery for my hp250g4 and I was told replacement battery is #7k and factory battery is 13.5k. Your response will go along way in helping me make a good decision. Thanks

Hello.

First of all, let me congratulate you for meeting a honest seller who told you the difference...

What you refuse to tell us is that they said the 13.5k (which I can give for 12.5k) battery lasts longer than the 7k (which I can give for 6.5k)battery...

Oh! Just incase you were wondering, I wasn't there grin

If you have the cash, go for the original manufacturers battery.

But then if you can make do with about 2 hours of charge while you tidy things up so you can shut down then why bother about the 13.5k battery?

With the 7k battery, you should expect some drop in performance in 6 months time and probably another replacement in the next 1year.

While the 13.5k will still be flying high even after a year and half, the performance will remain fairly constant...

In laymans terms
7k battery= 1 full. Movie (100% brightness)
13.5k battery = 2 full Movies (100% brightness) eextra 30+ minutes of work. grin

*cheers*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Penboy: 8:48pm On May 23, 2018
Razak5:

Hello...
Many people have posted this same issue on this forum and the answers we've given kinda worked... Yes it worked.

Let's know what you've tried so we don't aimlessly give suggestions.

*cheers*
Oh!.. Nothing actually. Don't know what to try.
I just bought it recently.

Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Odundairo: 12:55am On May 24, 2018
Can an external Hard disk drive be repaired 1tb to be precise
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:59am On May 24, 2018
Odundairo:
Can an external Hard disk drive be repaired 1tb to be precise

Hello...

Doesn't matter the size!!!

A hard fall? No.
Sudden click sounds? No.
System not detecting? No. We'll for this No. 3, there are a few tricks that may or may not work.

Hard drives cannot be repaired once broken.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:21am On May 24, 2018
Penboy:

Oh!.. Nothing actually. Don't know what to try.
I just bought it recently.

Thanks!

Ok! so this is your first line of defence against the Win 10 data guzzling monster.

BTW, this post was copied from a tech enthusiast on NL

Windows 10 was built to automatically update your system in order to assist those with poor habit of routine Windows update to update and keep their system safe at all times.

But one bad habit of this Windows 10 automatic update feature is that it is a data consuming monster for those who are on limited data connection.

In fact, Windows 10 data gulping nature has force many Windows users to downgrade their systems to lower versions of Windows after all attempt to finding solution to disable Windows 10 auto updates failed.

There is only one surefire way of preventing Windows 10 Home Edition from finishing your data through constant automatic updates and here is the only viable method to do that

You need to set up a metered WiFi network connection on your Windows 10 Home Edition system to prevent automatic update and to do so, follow this steps ;

>>You must connect your system through a WiFi Network

>>Go to your PC settings through the Start Menu>>Settings

>>Select Network & internet option

>>On the WiFi option, select the Advanced Options

>>Come down to metered connection and switch on the set as metered connection button. Youre done!

Not just yet
You should also dissable live tiles and autoupdates...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Penboy: 10:05am On May 24, 2018
Razak5:

Ok! so this is your first line of defence against the Win 10 data guzzling monster.

BTW, this post was copied from a tech enthusiast on NL

Windows 10 was built to automatically update your system in order to assist those with poor habit of routine Windows update to update and keep their system safe at all times.

But one bad habit of this Windows 10 automatic update feature is that it is a data consuming monster for those who are on limited data connection.

In fact, Windows 10 data gulping nature has force many Windows users to downgrade their systems to lower versions of Windows after all attempt to finding solution to disable Windows 10 auto updates failed.

There is only one surefire way of preventing Windows 10 Home Edition from finishing your data through constant automatic updates and here is the only viable method to do that

You need to set up a metered WiFi network connection on your Windows 10 Home Edition system to prevent automatic update and to do so, follow this steps ;

>>You must connect your system through a WiFi Network

>>Go to your PC settings through the Start Menu>>Settings

>>Select Network & internet option

>>On the WiFi option, select the Advanced Options

>>Come down to metered connection and switch on the set as metered connection button. Youre done!

Not just yet
You should also dissable live tiles and autoupdates...

Wow. Thanks.
My browsing is now cool.
But it seems I'll just continue to share hotpot with my phone.

Moderm(Ethernet) is a no no right?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRoss: 11:27am On May 24, 2018
Hello House,I just got this fairly used dell Latitude E6330. My prob is, I can’t access the hard disk to delete the apps installed therein. The hard disk has got the former owner’s password. How do I override the password to access the content of the hard disk?
Can I reload the windows to get rid of the password?
God bless you all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:42am On May 24, 2018
MRoss:
Hello House,I just got this fairly used dell Latitude E6330. My prob is, I can’t access the hard disk to delete the apps installed therein. The hard disk has got the former owner’s password. How do I override the password to access the content of the hard disk?
Can I reload the windows to get rid of the password?
God bless you all.

Hello Mross

Re-installing (reloading) the windows can actually get rid of the of the password...but you'll loose both the previous owners apps and your own as well including documents... So you'll want to back up what's important to you before embarking on that journey...
I can help with those installations
and the appropriate drivers for a token amount.

So you must have heard of this password removal tool, well it doesn't work all the time.

Since your intentions are to get rid of the content of the previous owner, I think you should go the formatting route.

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRoss: 12:05pm On May 24, 2018
Razak5:

Hello Mross

Re-installing (reloading) the windows can actually get rid of the of the password...but you'll loose both the previous owners apps and your own as well including documents... So you'll want to back up what's important to you before embarking on that journey...
I can help with those installations
and the appropriate drivers for a token amount.

So you must have heard of this password removal tool, well it doesn't work all the time.

Since your intentions are to get rid of the content of the previous owner, I think you should go the formatting route.

*cheers *

If there's a password removal tool I can use please don't hesitate to help me with it. Formatting the laptop is my last resort. Please help me a brother out of this predicament.

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.