Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263704 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:50pm On May 24, 2018
Noblewhiz:
evening guys...tried installing pes17 but FAILED TO EXTRACT SETUP-1.BIN keeps popping up. i want to know what i have to do.

Is the file complete, try another file.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:53pm On May 24, 2018
Odundairo:
Can an external Hard disk drive be repaired 1tb to be precise

Yes and no.

I'm saying no because I have not seen any engineers that repair a broken hard disk here but there are lots of them overseas grin

Soon I'll start repairing it grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2018
MRoss:
Hello House,I just got this fairly used dell Latitude E6330. My prob is, I can’t access the hard disk to delete the apps installed therein. The hard disk has got the former owner’s password. How do I override the password to access the content of the hard disk?
Can I reload the windows to get rid of the password?
God bless you all.

grin Are you the owner of laptop? If you bought it from him why didn't he give you the password?

Do you have the receipt?

Honestly, this are important questions engineers suppose to ask before doing solving cases like this but you know how it goes in Nigeria naa, sometimes we misplace our receipt, sometimes we just need the money which shouldn't be so.

Note that the password removal software doesn't work on all laptops, sometimes reinstalling the operating system is the best option.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:00pm On May 24, 2018
Hello.

If you have a problem with your laptop, I'll advice you use the search box to first look if there is any solution relating to your laptop problem have been answered in the forum.

Concerning the windows 10 drinking data like juice, we have talk about it several and I keep seeing the same questions every time. That's why sometimes I don't reply some questions here.

Pls let's try to use the search box first, it will also help you to get solution fast.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRoss: 3:28pm On May 24, 2018
udemzyudex:

grin Are you the owner of laptop? If you bought it from him why didn't he give you the password?

Do you have the receipt?

Honestly, this are important questions engineers suppose to ask before doing solving cases like this but you know how it goes in Nigeria naa, sometimes we misplace our receipt, sometimes we just need the money which shouldn't be so.

Note that the password removal software doesn't work on all laptops, sometimes reinstalling the operating system is the best option.
I bought the laptop from a pawnshop.. So there’s no way to collect the password from the former owner. I guess I ll just settle for re-installation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2018
MRoss:
I bought the laptop from a pawnshop.. So there’s no way to collect the password from the former owner. I guess I ll just settle for re-installation.

OK, when you re-install, do not delete any partition, just click on next and wait for it to load.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRoss: 6:36pm On May 24, 2018
udemzyudex:

OK, when you re-install, do not delete any partition, just click on next and wait for it to load.
I wish I can do this myself but my kongfu no strong reach that one.. I no get the original Windows 7 software except if you can help me with that.. I will follow your guidance and do it myself.. Please let me know if you can help me.
My regards
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Noblewhiz(m): 7:12pm On May 24, 2018
udemzyudex:

Is the file complete, try another file.

its dzrepack....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Move2(m): 10:46pm On May 24, 2018
Good evening. Pls I have a mini HP laptop, unfortunately, yesterday my bag fell down while the laptop was in it. I was able to work briefly with the laptop this morning without any problem but after shutting down and trying to put it on again, it refused to come up. The display unit is just blank, it appears to be working because the fan is working but the screen is not showing, nothing is coming up at all. PLEASE kindly help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:59am On May 25, 2018
Move2:
Good evening. Pls I have a mini HP laptop, unfortunately, yesterday my bag fell down while the laptop was in it. I was able to work briefly with the laptop this morning without any problem but after shutting down and trying to put it on again, it refused to come up. The display unit is just blank, it appears to be working because the fan is working but the screen is not showing, nothing is coming up at all. PLEASE kindly help me
If you are sure the laptop is running and there is no display,simply take out the RAM clean it and re-insert,make sure to take off the battery before doing that.
If that doesn't work,you might need to connect the system to an external monitor to assertain the functionality of your screen...goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRoss: 8:36pm On May 25, 2018
Hello House,
Please where can I download complete Windows 7 free? I want to downgrade my Windows 8 to Windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Techiekingee(m): 10:33pm On May 25, 2018
Hello guys... Please, i upgraded a system to windows. I can't find bluetooth anywhere on the laptop and also, i don't know how to set up fingerprint lock... I'm using hp pavilion dm4
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:44am On May 26, 2018
Techiekingee:
Hello guys... Please, i upgraded a system to windows. I can't find bluetooth anywhere on the laptop and also, i don't know how to set up fingerprint lock... I'm using hp pavilion dm4

Hi...
Up graded your Windows.... To?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mnewton(m): 10:08am On May 26, 2018
good morning sir! Pls can someone suggest a shop or anywhere i can get a 'communication panel for laserjet 2055 and d possible price! Thnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ademijuwonlo(f): 10:16am On May 26, 2018
Please,what is the effect of plugging in laptops into power when in use for extended time on the battery?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:22am On May 26, 2018
Mnewton:
good morning sir! Pls can someone suggest a shop or anywhere i can get a 'communication panel for laserjet 2055 and d possible price! Thnks

Hello there...
Though this convo is printer related... Buh hey, that "thing" you're asking for is purely computer based

So, if you're gonna be fixing it I'll Charge you 17,500.

If you're gonna get another one, you'll be paying 26,500.

I'm in Lagos...
08128714767 -call/WhatsApp

*cheers*

BTW, are you gonna be fixing it yourself?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2018
ademijuwonlo:
Please,what is the effect of plugging in laptops into power when in use for extended time on the battery?

Hi.

Laptops generally use Lithium Ion batteries. These batteries are designed to work in cycles. It goes like this

Plug in to power source > charge full > drain to 5%[b] recharge

... Then drain then recharge.... And the cycle continues.

The above description gives a clear picture how Li-Ion battery should be used.

>>>This is Naija<<< grin grin
The power situation is not that good. So you find people plugging in their laptops and phones like forever even when the batteries are full... if you're using a laptop that does not automatically cut power, then there will be heat build up within the cells of the battery... The sheer increase in temperature surely [b] decreases not just the lifespan of the battery but also the performance!

>>>Here's a way out <<<

For whatever laptop you use or any gadget (that uses rechargeable batteries) for that matter

1. If you must keep your battery up and running, do not completely discharge the power of the battery especially Li-Ion batteries... And

2. Discharge by 30% to 40% before plugging in again.

3. Every week or two, discharge the battery completely to 0% and charge full... People who did this reported less issues on their batteries... Or so they say

4. Finally never leave your laptop plugged in all the time! If the batteries don't suffer, the chips will suffer. If the chips don't suffer, the charging port will... And if the the charging port doesn't suffer The charger will.
...ooohh yes the charger will.

*Cheers *

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by trent9002(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2018
Hi I own a HP Envy aq105dx touchscreen laptop, a crack has developed on the screen and it has been spreading, Please does anyone have any advice on containing it and also any idea if a screen replacement can be found in Nigeria. I stay at Ibadan.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:29pm On May 26, 2018
trent9002:
Hi I own a HP Envy aq105dx touchscreen laptop, a crack has developed on the screen and it has been spreading, Please does anyone have any advice on containing it and also any idea if a screen replacement can be found in Nigeria. I stay at Ibadan.

Hello...
Let's get it clear.Are it a crack on the screen or the touch panel? They are two separate things...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanre9ja(m): 5:42pm On May 26, 2018
I have an issue with my laptop HP 655 it start like this his battery after charging it will not get to 100% but 89, 80and so on and after troubleshooting several time it still on solve and recently it not charging the battery any once light went off laptop goes off too
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:00pm On May 26, 2018
lanre9ja:
I have an issue with my laptop HP 655 it start like this his battery after charging it will not get to 100% but 89, 80and so on and after troubleshooting several time it still on solve and recently it not charging the battery any once light went off laptop goes off too

Hi...
This issue can be fixed with 6k. Although we're not sure if the battery is ok. If not, that's another 7k...

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
lanre9ja:

First of all change the battery and see before any other thing. A bad battery will not charge.

What's the notification on the ba3 icon?

Plug in charging or plug in not charging?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:08pm On May 26, 2018
trent9002:

Pls post pic
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ucheuzor1(m): 1:12pm On May 27, 2018
Hi guys u need help.

I partitioned my laptop into 3 different disk. Now the laptop can't boot completely because the c drive which I installed my windows is not showing. I can see the the E drive, the D drive appears and disappears but the C drive is not showing at all. Pls I need help on what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2018
ucheuzor1:
Hi guys u need help.

I partitioned my laptop into 3 different disk. Now the laptop can't boot completely because the c drive which I installed my windows is not showing. I can see the the E drive, the D drive appears and disappears but the C drive is not showing at all. Pls I need help on what to do.

Hello...
Well, may I ask how you partitioned it?
Did you partition the hard disk separately or you did it with the hard drive still in the laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by trent9002(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2018
Razak5:

Hello...
Let's get it clear.Are it a crack on the screen or the touch panel? They are two separate things...

Its just the screen, the touchscreen is fine, theres just a crack on the screen and its been growing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by trent9002(m): 4:11pm On May 27, 2018
udemzyudex:

Pls post pic

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:51pm On May 27, 2018
trent9002:

Its just the screen, the touchscreen is fine, theres just a crack on the screen and its been growing

Awwww, this ain't rocket science... Looks like you're still using it comfortably.

Here is what I like - that you've got good eyes and spotted this early on.

Here is what you won't like - your screen going blank on you someday.

Naah ,I know you ain't scared grin

Just holla me when you can no longer see some text or part of a video along that section.

Just got my new order for screens of different types- This means its cheaper now...

Holla here 08128714767...also on whatsapp

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Legolast: 5:59pm On May 27, 2018
my Asus laptop is showing this whenever I on and it won't enter window

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Legolast: 6:02pm On May 27, 2018
[quote author=trent9002 post=67930428][/quote]

what is the name of this laptop? I love it appearance most especially the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by good188(m): 12:42am On May 28, 2018
my laptop dont recognise my external hard disk ,what should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ibrahimazeez(m): 8:56am On May 28, 2018
Legolast:

what is the name of this laptop? I love it appearance most especially the keyboard

The problems are in 3
*hard drive
*The (os) operating system
*the booting setting from the bios
Thank you
Incase any other stuff
Chat me on whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.