Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

President Buhari's Easter Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Easter Message (15446 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Easter Message To Nigerians / President Buhari's Easter Message To Nigerians / Buhari's Easter Message To Nigerians: I Won't Fail You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's Easter Message by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday, assured of his administration’s commitment to ensure peace and security across the country.
Buhari, who stated this in an Easter message to Christians, which he personally signed, said his government would ensure the end of politically motivated killings in the country.
The statement read:

“Fellow Nigerians,
I rejoice with you all, especially our Christian brothers and sisters, as we celebrate Easter.
For Christians all over the world, this celebration is in commemoration of the supreme sacrifice which Jesus Christ made for the salvation of mankind.
The Gospels also tell us that during his earthly ministry, Jesus Christ repeatedly urged his disciples and followers to “love one another as I have loved you”.

As we celebrate Easter this year, I sincerely believe that it will serve our dear nation very well if we all imbibe this essential message of Jesus Christ and truly learn to love our countrymen and women as we love ourselves.

Indeed, we will surely make faster progress towards the achievement of the peaceful, united, strong, progressive and prosperous country we all desire if, as a nation, we eschew all divisive, parochial, ethnic and religious sentiments and rivalries, and begin to live more harmoniously with our compatriots, as Jesus Christ and the founders of the world’s other great religions enjoined mankind.

Our unfortunate notoriety in recent years as a country where the blood of men, women and children are wantonly and callously shed in frequent orgies of criminal, political, ethnic and religious violence has become very embarrassing and utterly unacceptable.
My administration is determined to achieve greater peace and security across our nation by ending the avoidable conflicts and crises that hinder our national progress.
I ask for greater support from all Nigerians in this regard. We must put a stop to politically motivated killings. Our communities must be made safe again for all inhabitants to live together in peace and harmony.

Our armed forces, police and other security agencies are being progressively reformed, repositioned and empowered to win the war against terrorism and make mass killings, abductions and other criminal atrocities things of the past in our beloved country.
Let us all also play our parts as patriotic citizens and do all that we can to ensure that we make Nigeria a safer, more peaceful and happier place for its people and others.
Faith, belief and the fulfilment of expectations are also key themes of the Easter celebration. I urge you all therefore, to continue to have faith in the future greatness of our country and to believe that the CHANGE my administration promised will surely come to fruition.

That CHANGE, which we all yearn for, will certainly occur more rapidly if we all place the love of our country above selfish personal and group interests.
The National Assembly has just passed the 2016 budget. I assure all Nigerians that we will do our utmost best to ensure that the budget, the first since my election as President, is efficiently and successfully implemented towards achieving our objective of faster economic growth and development.
I thank the vast majority of Nigerians for their patience and understanding in the first ten months of this administration.
As we go forward, I assure you all that we are working very hard to overcome the challenges we encountered on assumption of office.
We are moving on with an unshaken resolve and determination to deliver on the mandate you gave us on March 28, last year.
I wish you all very happy Easter celebrations."

Muhammadu Buhari
March 26, 2016

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/26/we-must-put-a-stop-to-politically-motivated-killings-buhari-declares-in-easter-message/

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Tolexander: 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2016
Same to Mr Buhari!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by HomesOfLife(m): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
Okay smiley
Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by christinie(f): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
How him take know the gospel wey him been dey quote biko nu?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
christinie:

Buhari is a Muslim but not a solid one. just like me, am a Christian but I go to church once in a year...

that's DECEMBER 31st

since he is not a fan of Religion, that quote is probably from OSINBANJO..

Am I right??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by chukwukadibia10: 10:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
Satan quoting Bible.

Buhari receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour

So that you may be healed from ur brain's partial contact.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by JAMANZE: 10:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
You cant be rejoicing with us when you made it impossible for us to be happy this Easter. I buy fuel at 170naira per litter while you get same fuel for free yet u think am rejoicing with you. Misfit president

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by christinie(f): 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
Buhari that wants to Islamise Nigeria is not religious?

You should go to church more often. Go to a Bible believing church.

godson36:

Buhari is a Muslim but not a solid one. just like me, am a Christian but I go to church once in a year...

that's DECEMBER 31st

Am I right??

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
christinie:
It won't be bad if you appreciate his message for once in your life time. Ipob,Hatred kills.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by christinie(f): 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
Arewa/OPC.

sameer1212:
It won't be bad if you appreciate his message for once in your life time. Ipob,Hatred kills.

12 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
christinie:
Arewa/OPC.

I thought there is small sense in that ur head ne when I first quoted u,not knowing it's other way round. Anyway,I don't engage u and ur likes. Check d next guy plss. Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Ooni: 12:25am On Mar 27, 2016
godson36:
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday, assured of his administration’s commitment to ensure peace and security across the country.
Buhari, who stated this in an Easter message to Christians, which he personally signed, said his government would ensure the end of politically motivated killings in the country.
The statement read:

[s]“Fellow Nigerians,
I rejoice with you all, especially our Christian brothers and sisters, as we celebrate Easter.
For Christians all over the world, this celebration is in commemoration of the supreme sacrifice which made for the salvation of mankind.
The Gospels also tell us that during his earthly ministry, repeatedly urged his disciples and followers to “love one another as I have loved you”.

As we celebrate Easter this year, I sincerely believe that it will serve our dear nation very well if we all imbibe this essential message of and truly learn to love our countrymen and women as we love ourselves.
Indeed, we will surely make faster progress towards the achievement of the peaceful, united, strong, progressive and prosperous country we all desire if, as a nation, we eschew all divisive, parochial, ethnic and religious sentiments and rivalries, and begin to live more harmoniously with our compatriots, as and the founders of the world’s other great religions enjoined mankind.
Our unfortunate notoriety in recent years as a country where the blood of men, women and children are wantonly and callously shed in frequent orgies of criminal, political, ethnic and religious violence has become very embarrassing and utterly unacceptable.
My administration is determined to achieve greater peace and security across our nation by ending the avoidable conflicts and crises that hinder our national progress.
I ask for greater support from all Nigerians in this regard. We must put a stop to politically motivated killings. Our communities must be made safe again for all inhabitants to live together in peace and harmony.
Our armed forces, police and other security agencies are being progressively reformed, repositioned and empowered to win the war against terrorism and make mass killings, abductions and other criminal atrocities things of the past in our beloved country.
Let us all also play our parts as patriotic citizens and do all that we can to ensure that we make Nigeria a safer, more peaceful and happier place for its people and others.
Faith, belief and the fulfilment of expectations are also key themes of the Easter celebration. I urge you all therefore, to continue to have faith in the future greatness of our country and to believe that the CHANGE my administration promised will surely come to fruition.
That CHANGE, which we all yearn for, will certainly occur more rapidly if we all place the love of our country above selfish personal and group interests.
The National Assembly has just passed the 2016 budget. I assure all Nigerians that we will do our utmost best to ensure that the budget, the first since my election as President, is efficiently and successfully implemented towards achieving our objective of faster economic growth and development.
I thank the vast majority of Nigerians for their patience and understanding in the first ten months of this administration.
As we go forward, I assure you all that we are working very hard to overcome the challenges we encountered on assumption of office.
We are moving on with an unshaken resolve and determination to deliver on the mandate you gave us on March 28, last year.
I wish you all very happy Easter celebrations.
Muhammadu Buhari
March 26, 2016 [/s]
http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/26/we-must-put-a-stop-to-politically-motivated-killings-buhari-declares-in-easter-message/
take your greeting to shekau and fellow fulani herdsmen. I will have a nice Easter celebrations without the usual wishes from a cursed monster.

Btw

stop mentioning Jesus Christ

23 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Ooni: 12:26am On Mar 27, 2016
Ooni:
take your greeting to shekau and fellow fulani herdsmen. I will have a nice Easter celebrations without the usual wishes from a cursed monster.

Btw

stop mentioning Jesus Christ

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by danemenike: 12:38am On Mar 27, 2016
Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by christinie(f): 1:15am On Mar 27, 2016
Arewa/OPC.

sameer1212:
I thought there is small sense in that ur head ne when I first quoted u,not knowing it's other way round. Anyway,I don't engage u and ur likes. Check d next guy plss. Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by sweetgala(m): 3:01am On Mar 27, 2016
christinie:

Muslims actually believe in Jesus as a prophet , not in the holy birth and crucifixion

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by seunmsg(m): 7:07am On Mar 27, 2016
christinie:
Buhari that wants to Islamise Nigeria is not religious?
You should go to church more often. Go to a Bible believing church.

How is he islamising Nigeria? Read the presidents easter message, enjoy the celebration and stop hating. Jesus Christ preached love and not hate, be like him.

In the spirit of the resurrection season, imbibe the qualities of Jesus and stop spreading lies based on tribal and religious hatred.

16 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by adasalove: 7:07am On Mar 27, 2016
godson36:

that's DECEMBER 31st

Am I right??
Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by VickyRotex(f): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2016
cool cool cool

Happy Celebration of the Resurrection of Christ.

I dedicate this song by Phil Wickham to everyone. "Amazing Grace"

This is amazing grace
This is unfailing love
That You would take my place
That You would bear my cross
You lay down Your life
That I would be set free
Oh, Jesus, I sing for
All that You've done for me

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by WhoRUDeceiving: 7:09am On Mar 27, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
Satan quoting Bible.

LOL!!!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by watered(m): 7:10am On Mar 27, 2016
Can anything good come out of bubu?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by M4gunners: 7:10am On Mar 27, 2016
Thank you sir,no Easter Chicken for ur Children? Even Fayose gave some to Ekiti people. Baba do something.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by vesselchino(f): 7:15am On Mar 27, 2016
the Fulani monk wishing us happy easter.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Jexyme(f): 7:20am On Mar 27, 2016
godson36:
The statement read:

“Fellow Nigerians,
For Christians all over the world, this celebration is in commemoration of the supreme sacrifice which Jesus Christ made for the salvation of mankind.
The Gospels also tell us that during his earthly ministry, Jesus Christ repeatedly urged his disciples and followers to “love one another as I have loved you”.

As we celebrate Easter this year, I sincerely believe that it will serve our dear nation very well if we all imbibe this essential message of Jesus Christ and truly learn to love our countrymen and women as we love ourselves.

Indeed, we will surely make faster progress towards the achievement of the peaceful, united, strong, progressive and prosperous country we all desire if, as a nation, we eschew all divisive, parochial, ethnic and religious sentiments and rivalries, and begin to live more harmoniously with our compatriots, as Jesus Christ and the founders of the world’s other great religions enjoined mankind.

I wish you all very happy Easter celebrations."

Muhammadu Buhari
March 26, 2016

Thank you Mr President!!!

We will be patient enough to enjoy the good tidings that comes after the turbulence in this interface of change.

There can never be genuine CHANGE Without descipline, sacrifice, prayers and genuine unfaltering determination.

We (the patriotic, unpoliticised n unethnocised Nigerians) are saying thank you for the great unswerving resolve to take Nigeria to promise land.

May our Lord Jesus Christ grant u good health, longevity n strength. Amen!!!!

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Adonis3: 7:21am On Mar 27, 2016
T
Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by WhoRUDeceiving: 7:21am On Mar 27, 2016
Jexyme:

Thank U Mr President!

Thank him for what? Please think about your life

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 27, 2016
I just love my President.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 27, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Thank him for what? Please think about your life
.... What happened to your life?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 27, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
Satan quoting Bible.

.... Misplaced objective
Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by ozila(m): 7:29am On Mar 27, 2016
christinie:

lol our VP is a pastor

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Easter Message by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 27, 2016
watered:
Can anything good come out of bubu?
No one can please Nigerians, the President wished Christians happy easter and we are complaining. Indeed we have badmouth

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Ortom Calls For 30-Day Fast Against Herders Attack In Benue / Governor Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folasade Coker As Executive Secretary Of LJLA / Nine Oil Producing State Vs Multidimensional Poverty - Statisense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.