Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (34409 Views)

"I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Cutehector(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
Her cross! She should carry it

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by bankybobo11: 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
Brb
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by ireneony(f): 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
vsaintchigs:
Pray to God
praying is good but heaven help those who help themselves
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by chlowi(f): 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
9jacrip:
Dude, pay thugs to beat that dude up, slaps here and there and if possible they flash a gun at him to put the fear of God in him.

A day or two after if you want to, call his phone and let him know if he ever lays a finger on a strand of hair on your sister again, it could get worse. I'll suggest you do not call, whenever it happens just get him beat up worse than before, he'll put 2 & 2 together and stop it.

Meeting him one on one makes no sense. It will further fuel his sense of importance which would earn you taunts behind your back and further make your sister appear helpless for running to a man who just wants to 'talk' and tell him how to handle is marriage.

Some men are just completely foolish, no matter how a woman angers you there's always the options of keeping mute to de-escalate the matter or you walk off to let matters ease off.

Bro, just go and Bleep him up. A black eye, cut lips and cuts on his body here and there will do the trick. Else, the beating will go on and possibly you may never hear of it again because your sis may decide to keep it to herself because you won't change anything if all you do is just talk.

Get him!

angry

Pleas take this advice

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by gretblue: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
INTROVERT:
Its quite unfortunate that this happened. I think you need to have a very serious face to face discussion withe man in question her because this is how these things start. I follow your advice on how to act when he come back drunk as that is the best to avoid beating.

Honestly if my hubby should beat me I would expect my brothers to really give him "run".
How will someone marry when one reads and sees all these kinda stories ever day, everywhere. May God help women around the world.
Oya come and marry me.I promise not to raise my hand on you for any reason.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Smellymouth: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mumu, dem beat ur sister, u come NL come report..
Instead of u to scatter the idiot face with punches and blows undecided

Get the fvck outta here, you are embarrassing ur fellow male folks undecided undecided

10 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by bebe2(f): 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Dats how my lagosian cousin married this Benin girl, they had two kids and my cousin kept beating her at every given opportunity. She wud cry to her mother in law and the will pet her. Keep praying, keep fasting etc.

Until the last time my cousin beat her and she went to her family house to report, all her brothers, cousins, nephews load themselves inside two buses and came for my cousin.

They beat him to a pulp shocked he was admitted for over two weeks. Before he came out the wife moved everything from the house and dat was the end of the marriage.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by lukman22: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
While you a contemplating on how you should approach your In-law,I think your sister need to refrain from having unprotected sex with him until he goes for HIV test. No joking here,HIV I rampant now and who knows which olosho he has sex with under the influence of alcohol anything can happen.
My take shaaaa grin

7 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by CICERO09(m): 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pack to ur own house abaya
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by ATMC(f): 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
It is none of your business actually.
Your sister should handle it any how that gives her satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Bolade005: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
9jacrip:
Dude, pay thugs to beat that dude up, slaps here and there and if possible they flash a gun at him to put the fear of God in him.

A day or two after if you want to, call his phone and let him know if he ever lays a finger on a strand of hair on your sister again, it could get worse. I'll suggest you do not call, whenever it happens just get him beat up worse than before, he'll put 2 & 2 together and stop it.

Meeting him one on one makes no sense. It will further fuel his sense of importance which would earn you taunts behind your back and further make your sister appear helpless for running to a man who just wants to 'talk' and tell him how to handle is marriage.

Some men are just completely foolish, no matter how a woman angers you there's always the options of keeping mute to de-escalate the matter or you walk off to let matters ease off.

Bro, just go and Bleep him up. A black eye, cut lips and cuts on his body here and there will do the trick. Else, the beating will go on and possibly you may never hear of it again because your sis may decide to keep it to herself because you won't change anything if all you do is just talk.

Get him!

angry

Typical. Very typical. Wait, is this a BAN ideology or what?
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by gretblue: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
INTROVERT:
Its quite unfortunate that this happened. I think you need to have a very serious face to face discussion withe man in question her because this is how these things start. I follow your advice on how to act when he come back drunk as that is the best to avoid beating.

Honestly if my hubby should beat me I would expect my brothers to really give him "run".
How will someone marry when one reads and sees all these kinda stories ever day, everywhere. May God help women around the world.
Oya come and marry me.I promise not to raise my hand on you for any reason.lol
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by delors(m): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
INTROVERT:

Can God change some animals called men >:
Animals? Even the guy going to talk to d d*ckeaded husband is an animal? Wonder what breed of animal thou art as well. Any clue?

3 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by neonly: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Two wrong doesn't make a right hear his side of d story nd advice nt fight or whatever
Fighting may put yur sis life in danger personal experience

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by vivalavida(m): 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
9jacrip:

Get him!

angry

hahahahahahaha
see advice
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Boeing777pilot: 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
Let them sort out their issues without third party interference.

If you heard your brother beat up his wife would you arrange for him to be beaten up?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Rotab4life: 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
9jacrip:

Get him!

angry

Funny advise. Easier said than done. Telling the OP to beat him..lol

1. What if his brother-in-law is stronger
2.Who will bear the cross after their tussle. His sister of course.

I believe you should sit him down like a man and tell him about your disapproval of such act. Also state any repetition of such could make you involve law enforcement or he should be ready to take whatever he sees. Lastly intervening in a married couple's issue is sometimes a waste of time. They do sort out themselves..Be wise

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by delors(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Bro, I don't think it is ur place to go meet the guy. You didn't give out ur sister's hand in marriage to him, your parents did.
Tell ur sister to talk to her parents and her husband's parents...any physical abuse in a family must be reported to someone who can handle the husband...
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Rotab4life: 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
Let them sort out their issues without third party interference.

If you heard your brother beat up his wife would you arrange for him to be beaten up?

CORRECT GUY

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by generaloj01: 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
see you need to do this in the right, do forget shes ur sister and she might end up losing that man. so you talk to the man face to face find out the his problem and im sure u will find solution to it... and mind you dont do this when he is drunk.

http://www.thenationstalk.com
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by seangy4konji: 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Go and mind ur biz as long as bride price was paid.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Richy4(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
He was under an influence of alcohol so he was not in his right senses when he was doing that....

However, give him a serious warning. Tell him that he will answer to you and the rest of your family if he ever raise a finger on your sister again........

That U do not care about the remote or immediate cause of the misunderstanding or what he does with his past time because you believe that it was between husband and wife...But he should make sure what happened yesterday doesn't repeat itself....

then you walk away with all the dignity intact....
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Raydos: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
Take Him To Restaurant, Mr-Biggs, Chicken Sensation, Buy Him A House In Banana-Island, Pay For His Trip To Dubai

He Will Never Do That Again!

That Was What I Did For My Brother Inlaw When He Hit My Aunt!

Hope This Is Helpful?

If Not Click Here

3 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Jacko01: 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
He will touch her again and ur balistic nuclear will do nothing jor.... Note moment u fight the man u don turn deir two enemy
Invite ur sister over nd tell her to strt divorce proceeding.... God has sent you a sign

He can beat her unconscious or infect her and the kids
The marriage is over she shld move on
He was probably partyin at quilox hehe

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Last2comment:

1) Is this the first time he would be assaulting her?
2) Does he get drunk often?
3)Does he abuse her emotionally or financially etc

Address this question in a family meeting, find the root causes, resolve it. Advice him to stop drinking., that seems to be the trigger. Let him understand the distress he has caused her. Tell your sister that if it happens again, she must tell you. If he hits her again, he is never going to stop. Let him know that you would taking legal action.

DO NOT LET HIM PUT THE BLAME ON YOUR SISTER. ABUSERS ARE VERY GOOD AT SHIFTING RESPONSIBILITY AND TURNING A NON-ISSUE INTO A BIG ISSUE
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Thylord(m): 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
My guy just contact me when you are going lets go together,am dead sure that when he see's me(my macho build)i swear down he is going to listen to what ever you have to say without any form of argument i bet you.that guy must be silly. and tell your sister to be careful in regards to sex because of std's.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
Richy4:
He was under an influence of alcohol so he was not in his right senses when he was doing that....

However, give him a serious warning. Tell him that he will answer to you and the rest of your family if he ever raise a finger on your sister again........

That U do not care about the remote or immediate cause of the misunderstanding or what he does with his [b]past time [/b]because you believe that it was between husband and wife...But he should make sure what happened yesterday doesn't repeat itself....

then you walk away with all the dignity intact....

Alcohol is not an excuse.

What he does in his past time is his is business so far it is not affecting his sister and her daughter negatively.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by aku626(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
Prayer and more prayer you started well with sharing the scriptures now ask your sister to follow up with prayer. Remembering that fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much. It is well. Do not confront the man you've no right rather let his wife do the talking they're married to each other. Support your sister emotionally, spiritually and otherwise bringing to her good and godly counsel. Her husband should be exposed to the word of God in any means you dim fit. God bless you and your family
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by MoyoGENERAL: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
See kids here ooo! Advising him to beat the Sister's husband to pulp!!!!!!
Mogbe!!!!!!
When you kill him finish with beating, and the guy tell your Sis make she pack, Na You go come Marry Your Sister ni?
You don't use Fire to quench a Smoke!
My advise for you is to advice your Sister to discuss with her hubby, apologize to him, be patient and endure any ill treatment, place more emphasis on prayers for her hubby to salvage her home, and if critical take the matter to someone her hubby respects, either the Pastor or Elders in the Family!!!!!
Marriages have fire, they have painful moments, She must be willing to bear the Cross to Save her Marriage! I recommend She read this book "POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE".

It is well!

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by SIRTee15: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
ATMC:
It is none of your business actually.

Your sister should handle it any how that gives her satisfaction.

The day they will call him to come n carry his sister's corpse in her husband's house.......then it will be his business.

The way u reason on this forum is disturbing.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by greggng: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
Your sister made a mistake by marrying a drunkard. She would ve avoided all this by not ignoring some of the bad traits from the husband when they were still dating. Some women re so desperate to marry that they ignore warning signs thinking the man will change. Someone did same to my sister in the past and I quickly went to their house and warned him seriously and I swore before him that any other time such things happened, I will personally kill him cos I cannot afford to see my sister who brought me up suffer and I meant it. To God be the glory he hasn't repeated it. May be he is afraid of death. Moral lessons don't marry a drunkard, woman beater and a man that doesn't love you. Is better to be single than to be in an abusive marriage

Last2comment:
My sister has been married to him for about 2years now and they have a beautiful baby.

According to my sister " He came back home this morning (1am) drenched in alcohol. His first complain was that my sister didn't come out to open the gate for him quick enough. She apologised and said she slept off waiting for him to come back. On entering the room she discovered as he was pulling off, that his boxers were "inside out". She asked him why that was as she saw him dress before he left him the previous day and that he was dressed correctly. She then told him that if he is playing any games outside he should always use protection so as not to infect her with STI. That was when he started beating and slapping her. She was crying as she was telling me this morning.

I calmed her down and told her to read her bible as she was already talking about having her own pound of flesh back. I also told her that whenever he comes home drunk she should do everything he asks to avoid further confrontations and wait till his head is "correct" before talking with him.

My problem now is that, how do I confront the man as I intend going to their house later on today. My major problem is that he should not lay his hands on my sister again coz that's what gonna make be go ballistic and nuclear simultaneously.

Advice me. Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Yello1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
On mata lik dis u need not call every dick and harry to give u advice.bros go d house tell am say for d sake of memory u go allow d first one 2 pass but next time u go make sure u arrest and charge am to court ooo.no wait 4 reply b4 u waka so dt he go knw u are dead serious.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight / "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.