Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North (8767 Views)

Poll: Do you support the creation of Arewa Republic- Riot in the North

Yes: 86% (43 votes)
No: 14% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic / The Lions Den Of Arewa / Arewa Republic Changes Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Egwuofor: 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2009
Do you support the creation of Arewa Republic- Riot in the North

www.nairaland.com/attachments/117273_mapnigeria5_JPGd0f4dc67d801b2dc5a6eba20c410c2cf
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by strangleyo: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2009
Bye Bye Arawea, don't let the oil hit you in the ass
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by becomricch: 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2009
why do you think they can not make it with the south. you would be shock.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by bashali: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2009
Biaframan look at the picture of Arewa and show me the picture of Biafra. you make me laugh. Anywhere in biafra look like this?.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/161230_2962245200038262601S600x600Q85_jpg398643ccc6681ad37818d94a34030455
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by strangleyo: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2009
bashali:

Biaframan look at the picture of Arewa and show me the picture of Biafra. you make me laugh. Anywhere in biafra look like this?.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/161230_2962245200038262601S600x600Q85_jpg398643ccc6681ad37818d94a34030455

Thats Abuja, 100% allocation from the south. As soon as the south is gone so is the oil.

I hope groundnut can work as a substitute as Abuja won't even be able to pay its ministers without the oil from the south.

I can't beleive you're retarded enough to have the audacity to show us a picture of a city built on the blood of the south.

stupid jackass.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by bashali: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2009
walahi, so what is the percentage of northerner who enjoy from this your useless oil money you talk about.
It is not up to 5%. So how does it affect the 95% of northerner explain.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by JustGood(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2009
Why cant they just stay on their own seeing as whatever the others do always makes them fight and kill?

Are we all this stupid in Nigeria? can someone tell me what it will require for a referendum to be held in Nigeria. It might be required to split the stupid British contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by bashali: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2009
if you dont enjoy something. How does it affect you ko ma.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by JustGood(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2009
Let's put oil matter to one side.

Why do the animals up north always feel that the thing to do whenever anyone annoys them is to take cutlasses and machettes to kill whoever does not practice what they practice?

These animals are dragging down the rest of the people   angry  angry   angry
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by strangleyo: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2009
bashali:

if you dont enjoy something. How does it affect you ko ma.

Then don't picture of Abuja, it won't look like that when the oil is gone.

It will look like Magidishu, just like all other northern cities.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by bashali: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2009
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by bashali: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
Islamist Militants Attack Police Station in Potiskum, Yobe State and Maiduguri
Agency reports say Islamist militants have attacked police stations in Potiskum, Yobe state and Maiduguri, Borno state after more than fifty people were killed in clashes in Bauchi state on Sunday
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by bashali: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2009
Islamist Militants Attack Police Station in Potiskum, Yobe State and Maiduguri
Posted 27,Jul. 2009
Agency reports say Islamist militants have attacked police stations in Potiskum, Yobe state and Maiduguri, Borno state after more than fifty people were killed in clashes in Bauchi state on Sunday.

According to eye-witnesses, a gun battle raged for hours in Potiskum and a police station was set on fire. One fireman has been reported dead.

The attacks in Yobe and Borno appear to have taken place simultaneously at about 2.15am on Monday.

The attacks in Borno have been linked to a small Islamic group called Boko Haram, which campaigns against Western education.

The city is still boiling; sounds of sporadic gunshots can be heard across the city. Casualty figures yet to be ascertained.

The town is practically shut down as major roads have being blocked. At the moment, there seems to be only one flow traffic from Maiduguri to major cities in the North. The situation is tense.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by chidichris(m): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2009
May God in his infinite mercy grant them their request.
they must be independent alongside the yorubas.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2009
bashali, when are you and your people going to leave us like Pharaoh?
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by bashali: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2009
Some detail on these uneducated murderers called Boko Haram.
Why are we in the same country? From Muhamadu Mawa Maitasine to these bastards - the North always produces them.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/27/boko-haram-nigeria-attacks

A self-styled "Taliban" intent on imposing sharia law on all Nigerians widened its offensive yesterday in violence that has left 150 people dead.

Boko Haram, an Islamic group opposed to western education, has launched attacks across four northern provinces over the last two days and declared its intention to fight to the death.

Civilians were pulled from their cars and shot, their corpses then left scattered around the streets, witnesses told the BBC. . .

The predominantly Muslim north has progressively ushered in a stricter enforcement of sharia law since 2000.

Boko Haram, which models itself on the Taliban but has no known link, began its string of attacks in the northeastern city of Bauchi on Sunday after some of its members were arrested.

Around 70 militants armed with guns and grenades targeted a police station but were driven back by officers and soliders who then raided neighbourhoods, resulting in at least 55 deaths and up to 200 arrests. The Bauchi state governor imposed a night-time curfew as a result.

Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf, leader of Boko Haram, which literally means "education is prohibited", claimed that the government had been targeting his followers and they would never surrender.

He told Nigeria's Daily Trust newspaper: "What I said previously that we are going to be attacked by the authorities has manifested itself in Bauchi, where about 40 of our brothers were killed, their mosque and homes burnt down completely and several others were injured and about 100 are presently in detention. Therefore, we will not agree with this kind of humiliation, we are ready to die together with our brothers and we would never concede to non-belief in Allah."

He added: "I will not give myself up. If Allah wishes, they will arrest me; if Allah does not wish, they will never arrest me. But I will never give up myself, not after 37 of my followers are killed in Bauchi. Is it right to kill them, is it right to shoot human beings? To surrender myself means what they did is right. Therefore, we are ready to fight to die.

"Democracy and the current system of education must be changed otherwise this war that is yet to start would continue for long."

Bauchi, Yobe, Borno and Kano are among the 12 of Nigeria's 36 states that started a stricter enforcement of Islamic law in 2000 – a decision that has alienated sizeable Christian minorities and sparked bouts of sectarian violence that has killed thousands.

Clashes in Bauchi in February killed at least 11 people and wounded dozens. A Muslim group attacked Christians and burned churches in reprisals over the burning of two mosques, which Muslims blamed on Christians.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by generalzango(m): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2009
Arewa can feed & make cool cash from Normadic,Poultry & Aquaculture. Like China & other Agro-Nations if the F.G can fertilize our farms,you'll see wonder. Just remove tribalism & lets face the fact.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by naijaway(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2009
I can't understand why Jos is included in this list when the reality on the ground is different. There are more christians and non religious peeps in jos than muslims. There cannot be a sharia state in jos.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2009
generalzango:

Arewa can feed & make cool cash from Normadic,Poultry & Aquaculture. Like China & other Agro-Nations if the F.G can fertilize our farms,you'll see wonder. Just remove tribalism & lets face the fact.

where would the FG get the money from? the south as usual? Leeches.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
Arewa ko, Ara wo ron ni.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
nobody wants to talk about the fact that naija has discovered URANIUM in commercial quantity.

the majority of naija uranium are not in the south
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by asha80(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2009
mikeansy:

nobody wants to talk about the fact that naija has discovered URANIUM in commercial quantity.

Which place in the north to be precise?
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by ezeagu(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2009
mikeansy:

Yay!
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by ezeagu(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2009
bashali:

Nike Lake Hotel, Enugu  grin

View from Imoke-Hostel, UNTH, Enugu

Bonny Island

Owerri

Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2009
asha 80:

Which place in the north to be precise?

Rosatom signs memorandum on nuclear cooperation with Nigeria, including uranium mining
On March 18, 2009, Russia's Rosatom  signed a memorandum of understanding on nuclear cooperation with the Nigeria nuclear regulator. Among others, the memorandum foresees a cooperation in the field of uranium prospection and the development of uranium desposits. (RIA Novosti March 18, 2009)

Uranium deposits discovered in six Nigerian states
Uranium deposits of "great value" have been discovered in six Nigerian states, the News Agency of Nigeria reported on Oct. 17, 2005, but no details were given. Deposits have been discovered in the states of Cross River, Adamawa, Taraba, Plateau, Bauchi and Kano, citing a report released by the Ministry of Solid Minerals Development . The discoveries were made by the Atomic Energy Division of the British Geological Survey . (Xinhua, Oct. 18, 2005)

http://www.wise-uranium.org/upafr.html
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by bashali: 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2009
Calabar, Obudu,Bonny Island is not in igboland. see you have nothing as igbos to be proud of.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by ezeagu(m): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
bashali:

Calabar, Obudu,Bonny Island is not in igboland. see you have nothing as igbos to be proud of.

What a fool, you said Biafra, Is Abuja Hausaland? Alright take away Calabar and Obudu (Igbo is spoken in Bonny and some Igbo people are named after its native name Ibani) and we still have something to be proud of.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Onlytruth(m): 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2009
@Bashali
Like most southerners I wish Arewa republic materializes fast enough! God's speed Arewa!
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by ikeyman00(m): 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2009
[size=29pt]becomerich=bashali=egwu[/size]

are u that desperate?
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Onlytruth(m): 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2009
bashali:

Any Igbo who sees cities and towns and mineral deposits as proof of wealth is either a non-Igbo or a lazy one(ezeagu is not included o! grin). Since I am neither, I'm inclined to believe that Nigeria's biggest assets lie mainly in Igboland. I repeat, Nigeria's biggest assets as a nation are in Igboland and all the leaders of other ethnics know this fact. When I see the JAMB entrance and performance of candidates from Igboland and Igbo influenced areas (Old East) dating up to 10 years back, I know that oil is nothing!
No mineral comes close to human capital, none! South Africa is the worlds biggest producer of gold, platinum and diamond, yet European nations with similar populations are way ahead in terms of GDP. The same applies to Saudi Arabia with the worlds largest oil deposits compared to South Korea, Taiwan and Japan.
So, methinks that the biggest wealth in Nigeria today is in Igboland and it is NOT UNDER THE GROUND. Like I said before, all  leaders of other tribes in Nigeria know this fact and I strongly believe that is why Biafra attracts fear and venom(even if Biafra is to be limited to only 5 south east states). But fear and venom will not address the real issue which is that Nigeria is not properly constituted at best, or should not be one at worst!
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Bialegend(m): 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2009
becomricch:

why do you think they can not make it with the south. you would be shock.
You fool, when i exposed you as the person as Egwuofor, some cheap minds like you in this forum could not believe it. Now you have idiotically exposed your moronic self more.
Re: Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2009
this boy or man called becomerich = bashali=egwuofor

should never be allowed to come close to kids

the way he distorts maps and infornations generally is very dangerous for any kid under 18years old.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister / Digging Out The Tanoids: Season 1 / 16 Killed In Multiple Suicide Attacks On Borno Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.