Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. (1411 Views)

I Did This To A Girl And She Never Came To My Place Again.. Am I Wrong?? / Come And Judge This Brouhaha,did I Wrong Her? / What's your opinion on the Sun Girl On Page 3 Of Daily Sun Newspaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
I am so angry with my fiancee. I am trying to furnish the apartment I rented for us to live in after marriage and I asked her for 40,000naira to assist in doing that and she said she doesn't have any money which I know is not true because she has a well paying job.

She is not the demanding type and doesn't ask for cash like other women so I assume she has money.

I am not happy with her because she knows I am still trying to come up financially and I could do with her assistance in furnishing that house.

Am I wrong to ask for her financial support?
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Izen: 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
The info you gave us is one-sided na. Personally, I have no qualms in contributing financially if the man recipocrates. Where I have a problem is when I have to do every other thing in the home including contributing financially. Haba, I'm not a super woman na. It is called eating your cake and having it. Maybe you have hinted to your fiance before that you are not going to be a hands-on husband and she has in return decided that she'll leave you to be the sole breadwinner. These are things you should have talked about at this stage in your relationship. It won't be fair for you to expect a financially independent woman slash 19th century woman as a wife when men I've since moved on from being the 19th century sole breadwinner. You are just going to drain her both physically and psychologically. You don't want to end up with a bitter wife.
On the other hand, if none of this is the case, then you need to have a serious talk with her immediately. It is called tough love. Sit her down and decide how family expenses and chores will be handled. Both of you would have to make a compromise one way or the other. If you can't work this out now, then you are probably making a huge mistake in your choice of spouse. It simply means you don't complement or suit each other. It might be time to end this.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Smellymouth: 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hhmmm
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by sexymoma(f): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
for the mere fact that she isn't the demanding type i see no reason why you should be upset with her
she may have lotta important things to do with her money which you may not even know cos she never asked you for help

person nor dey ask you for money, so u don bliv say her salary reach am so tey she fit dash out
Abeg leave the babe

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Cutehector(m): 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
My brother calm down... let 40k not bring a discord BTW u two.. just calm down and manage with what you have at the moment...

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
Kick that girl out....

I repeat,

Kick that monster out!!!

You know why??

Even if she doesn't have 40K, can't she give you even 10k, just to show support??

Kick that female devil outtttttt angry

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Iamlordgee(m): 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Oh gosh
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Some comments can make u puke

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by halfricanadian(f): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
cheesy there is a reason she aint a wife yet

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Iolite(f): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
You are wrong because you are sounding like, it is compulsory she contribute. She's also preparing for the wedding you know, she has her self and other things to take care of tooo.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by LuveU2(f): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Some men are shameless, they never stop asking after the first. Dont blame her, she is trying to be smart and probably has foreseen smthing.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
Izen:
The info you gave us is one-sided na. Personally, I have no qualms in contributing financially if the man recipocrates. Where I have a problem is when I have to do every other thing in the home including contributing financially. Haba, I'm not a super woman na. It is called eating your cake and having it. Maybe you have hinted to your fiance before that you are not going to be a hands-on husband and she has in return decided that she'll leave you to be the sole breadwinner. These are things you should have talked about at this stage in your relationship. It won't be fair for you to expect a financially independent woman slash 19th century woman as a wife when men I've since moved on from being the 19th century sole breadwinner. You are just going to drain her both physically and psychologically. You don't want to end up with a bitter wife.
On the other hand, if none of this is the case, then you need to have a serious talk with her immediately. It is called tough love. Sit her down and decide how family expenses and chores will be handled. Both of you would have to make a compromise one way or the other. If you can't work this out now, then you are probably making a huge mistake in your choice of spouse. It simply means you don't complement or suit each other. It might be time to end this.
We have discussed something like that before. We agreed that she will be solely in charge of kitchen work and I can assist with other stuff around the house.
We didn't discuss finance before but I have hinted to her that I expect her to contribute financially.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
@OP no offence to u, and i know all fingers are not equal, but uve nt even married her and uve started sharing responsibilities with her is unmanly. telling her to bring money 4 d rentage will make her loose respect 4 u, i believe that as a man, u must fully provide on ur own a home 4 ur wife to stay and the home fully paid 4 by u. dat brings respect nd humility 4rm her.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
sexymoma:
for the mere fact that she isn't the demanding type i see no reason why you should be upset with her
she may have lotta important things to do with her money which you may not even know cos she never asked you for help

person nor dey ask you for money, so u don bliv say her salary reach am so tey she fit dash out
Abeg leave the babe

I am actually glad that she isn't the demanding type. Can you believe in our two years relationship she has only asked me for a gift once and she compensated by buying me very nice stuffs on my birthday.
No regular asking for credit card like other girls.

but she has a lot of money so I expect her to contribute to furnishing our future home. After all she will also live in it with me.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
@OP no offence to u, and i know all fingers are not equal, but uve nt even married her and uve started sharing responsibilities with her is unmanly. telling her to bring money 4 d rentage will make her loose respect 4 u, i believe that as a man, u must fully provide on ur own a home 4 ur wife to stay and the home fully paid 4 by u. dat brings respect nd humility 4rm her.
I didnt ask for money for rentage, I asked for money to furnish the house.
I will like to be fully I'm charge of anything financial in our lives its just that my business is not doing very well at the moment.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
LuveU2:
Some men are shameless, they never stop asking after the first. Dont blame her, she is trying to be smart and probably has foreseen smthing.
What do you think she has foreseen?
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
halfricanadian:
cheesy there is a reason she aint a wife yet

tongue
Shut up.
Her character is okay.
I love her and would have married her since if not for financial setbacks.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Cutehector:
My brother calm down... let 40k not bring a discord BTW u two.. just calm down and manage with what you have at the moment...
She has really been very tolerant and understanding towards me so that's why I am even trying to overlook her selfishness.
Not many women will agree to date a guy like me who has been living under his parents roof and has no car or fixed job.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by halfricanadian(f): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lamborghini:

Shut up.
Her character is okay.
I love her and would have married her since if not for financial setbacks.

Shut up too

Who talked bou her attitude

I said she is nt a wife yet so u can kno if u can put up with her
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
halfricanadian:

Shut up too
Who talked bou her attitude
I said she is nt a wife yet so u can kno if u can put up with her
Blablabla I don't care what you think at all.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Cutehector(m): 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lamborghini:

She has really been very tolerant and understanding towards me so that's why I am even trying to overlook her selfishness.
Not many women will agree to date a guy like me who has been living under his parents roof and has no car or fixed job.
alright. Dats a nice one. Just be patient. U can't remain in a condition forever. It's just not possible

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by LuveU2(f): 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lamborghini:

What do you think she has foreseen?
Future begging...and then she might have no choice than to surrender her income. I fear men like you o

As a man you must learn to control the urge to beg a lady for money cos you may find it hard to stop esp if she is the type that earns big and worse does not ask you for money.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
LuveU2:
Future begging...and then she might have no choice than to surrender her income. I fear men like you o

As a man you must learn to control the urge to beg a lady for money cos you may find it hard to stop esp if she is the type that earns big and worse does not ask you for money.

My asking her is not the same thing as begging.
She is supposed to contribute financially.
She might as well start now by assisting with buying of furniture.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by layla129(f): 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lamborghini:

We have discussed something like that before. We agreed that she will be solely in charge of kitchen work and I can assist with other stuff around the house.
We didn't discuss finance before but I have hinted to her that I expect her to contribute financially.
1. What do you mean by kitchen work? Food stuffs or what?

2. ASSIST her with other stuffs in the house? Is a lady not supposed to be the one assisting? You're in CHARGE. What is your own specific role?

3. Why should you be getting married soon and not discuss finance?? Its a very important aspect.
My guy is there more to this story you're not telling us?? Don't believe this
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by halfricanadian(f): 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lamborghini:

Blablabla
I don't care what you think at all.

Ok cheesy no b fight Na

Abeg invite me come wedding
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by sexymoma(f): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lamborghini:

I am actually glad that she isn't the demanding type. Can you believe in our two years relationship she has only asked me for a gift once and she compensated by buying me very nice stuffs on my birthday.
No regular asking for credit card like other girls.

but she has a lot of money so I expect her to contribute to furnishing our future home. After all she will also live in it with me.
be sincere ooo when was the last time you asked about her welfare as in the way she live her life... don't be surprise if she tells you she has one big project at hand buh because you never asked she didn't bother telling you... she s a rare gem, u sef know buh u jos dey form for here ni
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
layla129:

1. What do you mean by kitchen work? Food stuffs or what?

2. ASSIST her with other stuffs in the house? Is a lady not supposed to be the one assisting? You're in CHARGE. What is your own specific role?

3. Why should you be getting married soon and not discuss finance?? Its a very important aspect.
My guy is there more to this story you're not telling us?? Don't believe this

By kitchen work I mean everything regarding Kitchen work.
And the wife is the one primarily in charge of handling house chores, but she should get assistance from her husband.
Don't believe the story if you don't want to.
I can't be bothered what you believe or don't believe.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
sexymoma:
be sincere ooo when was the last time you asked about her welfare as in the way she live her life... don't be surprise if she tells you she has one big project at hand buh because you never asked she didn't bother telling you... she s a rare gem, u sef know buh u jos dey form for here ni

Yea you're right, I tend to get caught up in my job and not display much romantic affection.

I even was so busy that I forgot her birthday last month. But we have settled that matter.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by sexymoma(f): 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lamborghini:

Yea you're right, I tend to get caught up in my job and not display much romantic affection.

I even was so busy that I forgot her birthday last month. But we have settled that matter.
You see!! pls jos let her be... if she isn't stressing you i see no reason why you should... what if you guys aren't dating nko, you nor go do your furniture yourself?
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
sexymoma:
You see!! pls jos let her be... if she isn't stressing you i see no reason why you should... what if you guys aren't dating nko, you nor go do your furniture yourself?
But we are dating so I shouldn't do it myself.
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by sexymoma(f): 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lamborghini:

But we are dating so I shouldn't do it myself.
Thank Goodness you mentioned "dating", i bliv you wouldn't want me to go back to my prev. converse wink you still want me to remind u that " she may have lotta important things to do with her money"
Re: Am I Wrong? I Need Your Opinion. by Lamborghini(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
sexymoma:
Thank Goodness you mentioned "dating", i bliv you wouldn't want me to go back to my prev. converse wink you still want me to remind u that " she may have lotta important things to do with her money"
So furnishing the house she will live in with her husband isnt important?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To This Wonderful Nairalander;...ikonz. / UK Court Finds Man Guilty Of Rape For Ejaculating In A Lady / South African Couple Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.