Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Transport And Haulage Business - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transport And Haulage Business (106807 Views)

Partnership In Transport And Haulage Business / Transport And Haulage Under Nnpc Retail. / Servicing The Transport And Haulage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by EVERWIN(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2011
TRUCK DRIVER: We are looking for a professional breakdown truck driver in Lagos

our truck: MAN breakdown truck 6x6 10tyres with double towing cranes

JOB attributes:

*you must have a valid truck driver's license

*+5 years experience as (breakdown) truck driver

*you must know all Lagos roads perfect

*you're honest, straight forward and trustworthy

*you're punctual and quick

*you must have garantor(s)/connected

*hard working

*you can operate the towing cranes perfect

*safely transport full heavy loaded broken trucks and sometimes fuel trucks with it.

SALARY:
Very attractive

All applications and inquiries to whiteangel4unowatyahoodotcodotuk
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by dees1: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
I'd like to talk to you chxcanada my email is igenec@yahoo.com . I live in T.O Canada.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ehita: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hello to u all, i sell tracker for u to manage ur transpotation business well and make profit with less business stress. For more info. Contact: Oladapo on 08037722536
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by babstee12(m): 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2011
Hi everyone, i have this 1989 mack dump truck to operate in the haulage business. I am actually in need of a responsible and a reputable manager or company to manage this truck. THANKS.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by babstee12(m): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ lolostic, I'm sorry for the half information provided. It's a tandem dump truck and the picture as well as all other relevant information will be sent to your email. Thanks
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by xtraodinaire: 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2011
Hi all, i just stumbled upon this thread on nairaland. I have a business intelligence software for haulage companies. Currently in used by a company with over 40 (Forty) trucks and a turnover of over 600M to date and clients like 7UP, chelerams, somotek, etc, The key success to this business i information management. The application captures all transactions, generates invoices, tracks maintenance records, shortages from client payment, client transaction reports and balances, driver activity, truck report, truck set up, it also has an inventory management module, an accounting module for your DR&CR to enable you generate profit and loss, balance sheet, also you get your company performance report on a period basis on a single click. Many more features available. contact me on samsonkayode@gmail.com for more information. it is also very affordable, trust me.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by kakaka2: 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2011
i can provide reliable and trust worthy truck drivers. anyone needs one should contact me via 07035167128.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by distinct00: 11:32am On Mar 02, 2011
hello nairalanders, although musH has been said about the profitability of haulage business in naigeria and the challengers, i still maintain that most most of those that have responded to the post are either inexperienced or dont have any knowledge of the business at all, imagine someone who knows about haulage business assuring you that you can make N300,000.00 every month. Althiough this can be true have you forgotten that every business has its own peak and off peak periods for example the umbrella business records large sales during the rain, moderate sales during the sun and poor sales during the harmatan seoson, this are some of the issues i expect the so called experienced poster to discuss about.
Another issue most experince posters failed to discuss about is how to register with companies as their haulage patner, although information is no longer free in nigeria but to a large extent most of us following this topic wil like to know the steps involved.
Finally,please tell us about you challenges in delivering goods. you can not be in haulage business for 3years and have never experince challenges in meeting up with customers deadline,
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by zaza1(m): 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
Hello All,

I am presently in need of about 50 trucks for a contract which I am working on.

I need to lease on a daily basis 20 tonnes capacity trucks with deep buckets to carry sand from Ibeju Lekki to Okun ajah(Abraham Adesanya)

Based on the LPO I have been given I can only afford to pay 10,000naira per trip.

We expect that the trucks will do about 10 trips a day and we will be paying at the end of the days work.

The project will be on for about a year because the sand is being used to sand fill the area to make roads and build a new estate.

All interested people should please contact me on the details below

Rotimi Williams
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by LuniyiGlo(m): 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2011
We are Luniyi Global Investments LTD (http://www.luniyiglobalinvestments.com).  We currently have over five 25-40 ton tippers that are on standby and awaiting any short or long term project available in the Niger Delta region.  These tippers are clean, durable and ready for inspection/work.  We are generally open to per trip contracts where we supply the drivers and perform all the maintenance and merely require a daily or weekly per trip payment. Depending on the route and the per trip payment we are definitely open to the possibility of possibly fulfilling any haulaging work/contract that you may have available or can help us broker (be an agent to connect us to an available contract).  If you are interested please feel free to either flash me at 00914437223108 or e-mail me at sales@LuniyiConsulting.com, or you  can also call our director at 08031598088.

The pictures below are actual pictures of some of the tippers we have available for hire:

Picture of our office location in Ughelli Delta State
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
Good day to you overe there,am OLUJIDE GABRIEL.Am the CEO of O2 NIGERIA, an Oyo State soap manufacturing and training  company.We train people and interested soap manufacturing company on how to produce,

[1] NATURAL HERBAL HONEY SOAP[the soap that clean any skin infection in just 10 days]

[2] MOSQUITO KILLER CANDLE

[3] ANTI MALARIA SOAP

[4] PRESERVED PEPPER[preserved pepper that can lasted for 1 good year]

[5] LAUNDRY SOAP

[6] ANTISEPTIC SOAP

[7] LIQUID SOAP

[8]BALM

[9] BODY CREAM

[10] MEDICATED HAIR CREAM etc.

To be sure, the scope of the company is not only withing Nigeria,as the company has engage in training different company workers in Ghana and some big soap company in Nigeria.

We also have explanatory bulk hand out that contain 15 different products
Our price are negotiable and you can start any of this product with as low as 10,000.00.We will also teach you how to build local machine with wood to start with and some or our product are available on request.

After the training ,we also teach our trainees how to manufacture the soap equipment by their self and we also offer door step training for individual or group in any part of the Nigeria and west africa.

We are open to more negotiation on how to work this out.

Thanks

OLUJIDE OLUWATOSIN
       CEO
O2 NIGERIA
25,ikereku lay out,orita challenge,
Ibadan,oyo state ,Nigeria
o2nigeria@yahoo.com.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by LuniyiGlo(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ d jideson

Maybe I am just confused, but what does your posting below have to do with TRANSPORT AND HAULAGE BUSINESS ? ? ? ? ?     

My goodness, the wise saying is so true, reading is fundamental ! ! !

undecided
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by stildude(m): 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
Pls I posted some comments on this forum, and was blocked, later unbanned but I can't still see my post
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by stildude(m): 11:00am On Mar 04, 2011
I am reposting this:

I am a professional in the transport logistic business. I will try to respond to some of the inquiries and comments that have been of interest to me.

starting the transport-logistic business in Nigeria is a bit of a  complicated thing as there are actually many issues outside of an entrepreneur's control; such as drivers, mechanics, social infrastructure. It is best that when you draw up your business plan, try to work more with the worst case senario (if possible give a 20% mark off on the figure) to allow you run home dry at the end of the first year. There are also different aspects of the business as well as the different types of equipment/vehicles. for instance, 4 - 8 tons box truck, 10 - 15 ton box trucks, 20 - 40 ton trucks. box trucks with refrigeration unit, or flat bed. trailer with tractor unit or rigid trucks. There are also dump trucks in these categories. there are also other types and categories. So, depending on the haulage or transportation business, and also you access to capital, you can choose which truck and equipment to go for. For starters, in Nigeria, there not much regulating bottle neck as a strong entry barrier into the business unlike Europe with a lot of govt regulation regarding the driver contract including pay, the emission, the length and width of the vehicle and working hour/distance of drivers. The different goods are: frozen foods (like fish from seaport to companies' warehouse, steel, cement, flour, containerized cargo like 20/40 TEUs, manufacturing products for households, Completely Knocked down Parts for assembly in parts of the country or simply park and ship services.

In Nigeria, getting started, you must have a lot of guts. If possible, get a contract with any manufacturing/haulage  company. (cos one can get high blood pressure trying to deal with it alone). other arrangement could be purchasing the trucks and giving them to professional drivers who make use of the trucks and pay an agreed sum in return. Again this sum depends on the equipment type and capacity. An average 15 ton truck can earn about 70k weekly from drivers. However, this type of arrangement nearly always ends in disaster as the driver after some time will tell you he hasn't gone to work, bla bla bla, the vehicle is under repairs etc.

So, a second option could be to put the vehicle in the hands of professional freighters who will pay you an agreed sum at the end of the month as the case may be. In most cases, these professionals, bear the risk while the owner goes about his or her daily routine. Usually, the manager repairs, carries out preventive maintenance, as well as hire drivers. He sources for freight and the proceeds from the use of the truck takes care of the operating and other cost pay unit of truck and organisational. One could also get a contract directly from companies like NNPC, Dangote and others. However, most of the equipment solicited for are new and cost much more than than those for other types of haulage arrangement. for instance, a 12/15 tons Tok Mercedes  rigid box truck can cost up to 2.8m for V6 type, but a newer model for actross of  higher capacity may costs you up to 3 to 4 times over.

Getting into the industry on your own inspite of the challenges can also be lucrative after a hard learning curve. Pls try to understand that these challenges are not over-flogged. For instance, one owner got into the business with two 15tons rigid Mercedes box truck for long -interstate haul. Within two weeks, one got knocked no thanks to driver who don't care about the owner. The other was having some challenges, he got money from else where to put the knocked back on the road only for the second to get burnt. The first trip of the fixed truck, it gain had turbo charger got knocked. You see, that could be too much for some people to bear.

Overall, if you count the cost properly and sit on it, the business can grow and get you anything you want. There is no shortage of he services. Nigeria is a landlock country in the north. We are more 150m people and there are less than 10 seaports. there are no supporting infrastructure like rail in the country. We will always need trucks!

The poster is a professional manager and presently has a number of trucks in his company including 3 owned trucks. You may send personal inquiries concerning your haulage/transport business. Also looking to partner with professionals in the western part of the country for goods to south south, north and  eastern parts of the country. We are also into sourcing and procurement.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Basseti: 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2011
Hi everyone,

It seems noone has addressed the issues that distinct raised in his posts.
From reading other people's posts on different thread , I quickly understood that the transportation business is very complicated and if u are not physically present , then the odds are pretty much stacked against U. Basically, the mechanics, drivers and managers will bleed u dry.

Stildude's post is enlightening as he gave different options and different routes that one could go but he failed to really say what the downside of each option is. For instance, leasing ur truck to a freight company sounds like a very viable option, but what are the things we should know about when doing that. How easy it is to get a reputable company to lease ur vehicle to? What responsibility(ies) are u expected to shoulder? How much mileage will be put on ur vehicle and how do u do the math to make sure u are getting best value for ur truck? For instance, it wont do u any good if u are getting 10 naira every week but the wear and tear put on ur vehicle every week is 50 naira. U will be short changed at the end of the day.
I know this is asking too much but specifics like this will be very much helpful to potential investors.

Secondly, one of the major drawbacks about transportation business ( that I have heard of, especially if U leased to an independent driver) is the dishonesty of most of them dudes. They will employ every trick in the book to short change U and one way they do that is by lying that they didnt have any work whereas they have been working their asses off all day and night. So the TRACKING system offered by some poster on here sounds very appealing. But once again, it will be wonderful if u guys shed more light on this. For instance, where are those services available, can u track a truck thats out of state, is theservice available in the eastern part of the country, say Aba, Nnewi, Onitsha, Awka? How much does it even cost? How much of a nerd would u have to be in order to be able to use those programs?

Finally, can someone give us novices some kind of break down on the kind of trucks needed for specific kind of goods. For instance:
Sand, laterite etc
Frozen fish?
There are different makes of trucks , in terms of maintenance in Nigeria which one is relatively cheap.eg how does the Mack compare to the Isuzu etc.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by stildude(m): 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2011
@ Basetti

Because of the constraint of words and time this kind of internet forum is not very ideal to adequately respond to every issue raised. I have already been banned twice just trying to edit my own work cos maybe my words were too much therefore perceived as spam. Well, regarding the safeguarding of your truck investment with a view to prolonging its life span, that can be done with a proper legal agreement. For instance, we usually put in the clause of at least one year contract with any owner. If you do the math, let's say N3m tokunbo rigid box truck of 15 tons Mercedes type if properly maintained with a good preventive maintenance program will after 2 years will still look good, at maybe 200k per month from a manager, you will still end up with about N4.8m so in the second year, you would have made something on it. now, as soon as the truck starts acting up, you could still get at least 1.2m from its sale. Note: This is ideal for those trying to create an extra income stream, or gradually testing the waters with the intention  of coming fully into the industry. So, it's usually wise to start with small nos, say two trucks at a time and gradually increase the fleet. This is wise whether you are putting the truck(s) in the hand of a professional manager or setting up on your own. As for which brand, the really common one are mercedes, man diesel, man, daf, iveco etc. There are factors to consider making the buying decision. For instance, expertise for repair in the country, availability of spare parts, the type of goods or sub industry that is of interest to you, etc.

like I said, there is no way one can attend to every issue here, at least, it is not convenient for me. So, if you need more info regarding your transportation/haulage business decision.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Basseti: 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2011
Thanks stildude.

My plans for transportation/haulage is still some ways ahead but I will shoot u an email and we can go from there.

I asked these questions specifically on behalf of guys that are already thinking of 'testing the waters" right away. The contract thingy about the lifespan of a truck is really important and I was not aware of that before. Those are the kind of mistakes (and much more) that a novice like me will make.

Thks
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Masco1: 9:23pm On Mar 05, 2011
I have been following the trend and i have been very interested in haulage. having gone through some of the challenges, i made a conclussion that i will drive it myself and i have met a guy who offered to help me in the training aspect. I just want to know if it is not wise for me to drive it myself as i may not be having any job at hand. I will not like to be sleeping at home while someone else will be determining my sucess or failure. please i need an encouragement.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by favourbaby: 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2011
House, i have half a million naira, i need a sincere somebody or company to partner with in transport and haulage business. I am ready to work also for the company all for the progress of the business.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by oderemo(m): 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2011
@lolostick , can u 4 GOD sake stop spaming this site, your unending regorgitation is becoming annoying.
go and sit down in a cool shade ,it will do u good.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by jamesyins(m): 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
How much does it cost to hire a lowloader to transport vechicles and excavators from port to anywhere in Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Synergy Thread For Professional Bead And Wireworks Makers / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.