Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) (46973 Views)

No Fuel Scarcity, Stakeholders Just Hoarding Products - APC Says / "No Food, No Roads, No Light, No Water, No Probs" (Photo) / So Sad, Paid N450/L For Fuel 2day; PMB Abeg Just Resign, This Suffering Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:46am On Mar 31, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Since Nigeria independent in 1960 Nigeria government can't still boast of 24hrs electricity. Its just a shame.

Well when you are still answering your slave masters name since 1960 then of course you are a big joke. When you have men like OBJ and Buhari ruling when their mets are at senior living, then you are a joke.

When Adeboye, TB Joshua, and co are having private jets and people are happy to follow follow, then you are a joke.

When you are still tying bedsheets in Kano, get stampeded or deported from the A-RAB ZONE, and still think you are part of them, then you are a joke.

When you are doing all you can to uphold the zoo created by the English to enrich their children's children, which it has done, instead of separating into natural boundaries that proved in the 1960s to have worked--duuh- then you are a joke.

So, don't cry about steady power because that was never and will never be part of the arrangement because your "country" is designed to be exploited, looted, raped, and nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 31, 2016
bilulu:

wen I read some comments I laf..... if it was his handiwork y can't he sustain it? cuz he met 5000mw. wen d last govt complained of vandalism dey called him names n said dey can fix all dat so d issue of vandalism isn't new to dis administration so dey should give us another excuse not d one dey promise to solve
wat is d advantage of removal of subsidy? my brother d independent marketers can source for forex so PPMC is d only one importing fuel..... another failed policy.......
in conclusion I don't think dis administration need prayers cuz dey neva prayed for last administration but planned a parallel govt...... Karma
Or is dis a form of prayers?

Actually the current problems APC met are the same PDP left. Power was at 5000 MW because of the rains in 2014. Once the rains went ...by dec 2014...power was back down to 3000MW. The same vandalisation of power lines happened...and some PDP supporters from the South were blaming the Nawth.

That is why GEJ signed on the OPC and the Militants to protect the pipelines. Not a good idea (foxes guarding the chicken house comes to mind...and the stealing still kept on going)...but that does not mean the reasoning was bad.

But even at 5000MW....that means that on average 10-12 hours of power supply for the Nigerians connected to the national grid (which even then is not possible with the bad transmission system). So...not much of an improvement.

The real improvement is getting up to 13000MW....and then 20000MW. Enough to guarantee 24 hours supply to everyone connected to the grid right now.(assuming no more political patronage connections)

2 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:53am On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Actually the current problems APC met are the same PDP left. Power was at 5000 MW because of the rains in 2014. Once the rains went ...by dec 2014...power was back down to 3000MW. The same vandalisation of power lines happened...and some PDP supporters from the South were blaming the Nawth.

That is why GEJ signed on the OPC and the Militants to protect the pipelines. Not a good idea (foxes guarding the chicken house comes to mind...and the stealing still kept on going)...but that does not mean the reasoning was bad.

But even at 5000MW....that means that on average 10-12 hours of power supply for the Nigerians connected to the national grid (which even then is not possible with the bad transmission system). So...not much of an improvement.

The real improvement is getting up to 13000MW....and then 20000MW. Enough to guarantee 24 hours supply to everyone connected to the grid right now.(assuming no more political patronage connections)

Story story. The same nonsense written here in 2001 with OBJ, then again with Yar Adua, with GEJ, and now in 2016 more analysis that is nothing more than B.S.

Nigeria means dark or "Ni..gga" area, designed to enrich the children of England. No amount of noise or essay will take "us" to the promise land under the current setup/boundary.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 31, 2016
dulux07:

When apc tookover, electricity improved in most part of the country, the country recorded its highest megawatt generation. Most people can testify to that. Until vandalism started.

Fuel issue, most of know its due to some greedy oil dealers who r not happy with buharis policy. Cos it will prevent them from making money illegally.

This adminstration needs support and time. After 4yrs we will judge them. N i believe they wont want to loose.

The issue of apc govt can be related to d phrase" easier said than done"

Power appeared to improve.

In reality....power improved in some parts,and remained bad in others.

That is because the transmission system is awful. And even at 5000MW...Nigeria is not generating enough for its needs. We need four times that to at least JUST meet our electric power needs with some extra.

I think the govt is relying too much on past efforts. They ought to start working. At least PMB has promised an extra 2000MW by the end of this year and he is talking up Solar and Nuclear power (He is in the US for a nuclear summit).

Let's be frank...5000MW is nothing to boast about. SA does 40000MW....with 15000 of that from nuclear power.

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by M4gunners: 6:00am On Mar 31, 2016
Oga if you ask me,na who i go ask na.sai chanji.make una njoy the chanji joor.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 31, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Story story. The same nonsense written here in 2001 with OBJ, then again with Yar Adua, with GEJ, and now in 2016 more analysis that is nothing more than B.S.

Nigeria means dark or "Ni..gga" area, designed to enrich the children of England. No amount of noise or essay will take "us" to the promise land under the current setup/boundary.

I guess what I am trying to say (if you read me correctly....and took off your ''He hates GEJ '' blinders) is that Nigeria needs far more than just 5000MW.

And also at the same time, we need to improve our messed up transmisison system.

And all this is going to take time. Especially fixing the transmission system (One of the DISCO investors was so shocked at the state of it , and even wondered how we had kept an obsolete system working for so long. NEPA engineers must be the best,no?)....and improving generation. And of curse ending corruption (OBJ's attempts to improve power via NIPP were marred by corruption....and the bad thing is that no one has been punished for it. I know of an NIPP project that exists on signpost).

In short....Nigeria needs 20000MW. (Someone whom I was discussing with on another thread said 160000MW). So...when APC gents or PDPpeople talk about 5000MW...I just laugh.

And Nigeria is backward because we want free money without working for it. Even if webreak up...the mentality would remain.

5 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 31, 2016
M4gunners:
Oga if you ask me,na who i go ask na.sai chanji.make una njoy the chanji joor.

And if you ask me....power stations, and new transmission systems do not build themselves in ten months.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 31, 2016
One thing we could look into to generate power is to use waste products/refuse.

That idea was briefly explored when OBJ was in power....a Spanish company even came in with a proposal...but nothing happened.

At the same time...we could go solar. Maybe a joint venture with Niger Republic to build a vast solar farm in the Sahara....which could provide light for lots of people.

Geothermal is another good idea.

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:10am On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I guess what I am trying to say (if you read me correctly....and took off your ''He hates GEJ '' blinders) is that Nigeria needs far more than just 5000MW.

And also at the same time, we need to improve our messed up transmisison system.

And all this is going to take time. Especially fixing the transmission system (One of the DISCO investors was so shocked at the state of it , and even wondered how we had kept an obsolete system working for so long. NEPA engineers must be the best,no?)....and improving generation. And of curse ending corruption (OBJ's attempts to improve power via NIPP were marred by corruption....and the bad thing is that no one has been punished for it. I know of an NIPP project that exists on signpost).

In short....Nigeria needs 20000MW. (Someone whom I was discussing with on another thread said 160000MW). So...when APC gents or PDPpeople talk about 5000MW...I just laugh.

And Nigeria is backward because we want free money without working for it. Even if webreak up...the mentality would remain.

That is something different for a change no? You'll agree the best leaders we had were those regional leaders in the 1960s, from Premier down to state assembly?

Lets not just do a " even if..." because that "even if" is better than the place created by England to exploit for their children benefit
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 31, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

That is something different for a change no? You'll agree the best leaders we had were those regional leaders in the 1960s, from Premier down to state assembly?

Lets not just do a " even if..." because that "even if" is better than the place created by England to exploit for their children benefit

There was corruption back then. I recall an elederly Northerner commenting that even back then there was some corrupt behaviour, and if you read Nzeoqgwu's speech from 1966...he refers to ten per-centers (the government official who won't sign approval for a contract without taking his ten percent. Things don't change ).

I think that Nigeria's problem is that we inherited an economic system where we sold raw materials and shared the cash. That is not sustainable because prices of most of the raw materials we sell are not controlled by us...and because it entrenches corruption...the more closer you are to the sharing..the better it is for you and so on.(That is where religion and tribe come in)

And it means that education and innovation suffers...we do not really need education because we are not using it to make and innovate and create...we just use our raw materials cash to buy what we need.(And that stifles industrial production...and by extension makes jobs scarce).

Finally, when prices crash...as we are seeing now for the second time with oil...the tendency is to take loans to keep on doing what we are doing...making things worse. Of course...it takes a long time for prices to rise again....so we get into more debt.

That is why I think that Nigerians have to develop a society where we use our education to innovate solutions for our problems. Why can't we make trucks suited for Nigerian roads for example? And so on. Start from there...and we would get somewhere.(Split up or do regionalism now...and we would get lots of mini Nigerias....raw material dependent, and weak like the big mother nation).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:34am On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

There was corruption back then. I recall an elederly Northerner commenting that even back then there was some corrupt behaviour, and if you read Nzeoqgwu's speech from 1966...he refers to ten per-centers (the government official who won't sign approval for a contract without taking his ten percent. Things don't change ).
I think that Nigeria's problem is that we inherited an economic system where we sold raw materials and shared the cash. That is not sustainable because prices of most of the raw materials we sell are not controlled by us...and because it entrenches corruption...the more closer you are to the sharing..the better it is for you and so on.(That is where religion and tribe come in)
And it means that education and innovation suffers...we do not really need education because we are not using it to make and innovate and create...we just use our raw materials cash to buy what we need.(And that stifles industrial production...and by extension makes jobs scarce).
Finally, when prices crash...as we are seeing now for the second time with oil...the tendency is to take loans to keep on doing what we are doing...making things worse. Of course...it takes a long time for prices to rise again....so we get into more debt.
That is why I think that Nigerians have to develop a society where we use our education to innovate solutions for our problems. Why can't we make trucks suited for Nigerian roads for example? And so on. Start from there...and we would get somewhere.(Split up or do regionalism now...and we would get lots of mini Nigerias....raw material dependent, and weak like the big mother nation).

You can't be serious about quoting Nzeogwu.

That's like me quoting Abacha, or even Buhari himself then and now.

Even in the days of Rome, or in the bible, or now in FIFA, there is and will always be corruption. The root of it is the control of resources, human or material, and for some folks somewhere to put together a place and coin it a name, you can't really expect those same people to not be involved in the overall progress of what they created, especially if its lucrative.

The term "mini Nigeria" is null and void because for example, a Republic of Niger-Delta/Biafra won't have Islamic considerations or culture influencing their political/economic setup, nor would Oduduwa have to consider developing Zamfara or Calabar or giving in to things not consistent with their way of life. Yes, it's simplified, but I know deep down inside you feel me.

You don't have to admit it though
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:56am On Mar 31, 2016
chernest2002:
that means he will scrap our power industry, use the aluminium to mould cooking pot and sell the metal to India, we go back to local Palm sticks for light.
grin
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Godswillnwaoma(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2016
ifysexy19:
This country is becoming something else. It is only God that can help us and save us in this wicked country
nonsense country
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by vecman22(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2016
naijaboy756:
buhari had no minister for power. So never you attribute the improved power to the dullard. Till now sef, does he have Ministers? I ask cos my dear country is sinking as steered by Buhari the confused old certificate-less traveling president

oga buhari is 100% better Dan DAT drunkard called buffoon..so you can cry from now till 2023 we can't help you..

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by millhouse: 11:34am On Mar 31, 2016
naijaboy756:
shut up pls... No let me pour my anger on you! Which useless government?
no mind the imbe. Tell him to show us one development by this govt in the power sector that was vandalized.. Blaming their Incompetency on ghost vandals.

2 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by juman(m): 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
oglalasioux:
No hope in the next 50 years. Cry on more.

One nigeria problem.

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Jacko01: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Solar na d option.... Afterall we get crazy sun
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by omolola15(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Since Nigeria independent in 1960 Nigeria government can't still boast of 24hrs electricity. Its just a shame.

Take a look at the second pics below to see how people plug in their rechargeable lamb and their phones whenever I put on my generator.

My fellow Nigerians are we going to continue living like a this in this country.
Many things have gone wrong in this country and we need to put an end to it.

happney65 check that picture. Na your room be that?
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by banmee(m): 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
It won't end, until Nigerians change the way they think.

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Aremu01(m): 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
I strongly believe the suffering is for a while
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by neocortex: 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
dulux07:

Lol, very funny. He is the president, he does not need a minister to give orders. His body language speaks volume. I guess we should not attribute the recovery of some local govts from bokoharam to buhari as well. Cos he had no minister then. undecided but we can attribute the problems of nigeria to someone who has not spent up to a year in power. Na wa for the way some people reason o. undecided

Why can't he give the same orders now ?
Has he ceased to be the president ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fix these two problems and Nigeria will develop within 25 years.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Every people deserve their kind of leaders.

Our sufferings will end when we stop tolerating just anything from our leaders.

Our sufferings will end when we insist our leaders deliver their promises.

As long as celebrate mediocrity and laziness from our leaders, our sufferings will be eternal.

3 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by skyman200(m): 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nothing will make Nigeria to change from good, Nigeria is curse, im tired of being a citizen of this fucking country Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by frainc(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:

Take a look at the second pics below to see how people plug in their rechargeable lamb and their phones whenever I put on my generator.

My fellow Nigerians are we going to continue living like a this in this country.
one out of this two need to be done before we can find our path

1) youth revolution
2) we split

I stand to be corrected
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
dulux07:

We all know the last govt didnt handle security the way it should. In this present govt security is been taken serious, vandals r been arrested day by day. Even one of their leader is on the run.
N besides, the lagos idol has not spent six months in office. undecided
vandals are being arested day by day? so who are those vandalizing gas pipes? better stop defending this miserable govt. Security koor.....yeye ni. Mtchewww.

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:

Ad i bet some of the owners of those phones will still borrow airtime to browse social networks and be chanting rubbish like "istandwithbuhari" and "Sai Baba"

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Efewestern: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
dulux07:

When apc tookover, electricity improved in most part of the country, the country recorded its highest megawatt generation. Most people can testify to that. Until vandalism started.

Fuel issue, most of know its due to some greedy oil dealers who r not happy with buharis policy. Cos it will prevent them from making money illegally.

This adminstration needs support and time. After 4yrs we will judge them. N i believe they wont want to loose.

And Did You Support GEJ during his Tenure ?, weren't you APC guys the one Crying like a new born baby insulting GeJ?. Now You want us to support Ur 'Person'.. If you gave GEJ Support we won't av been here by now.. am nt Supporting GEJ because we re From d same region.. But at times truth Need to b told

APC is a Big Failure.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by christinie(f): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Were there 'vandalisers' in the last dispensation?

dulux07:
The govt is aware already. No need to broadcast.
Funny enough, while this govt is trying hard to achieve something close to this, it is still some useless nigerians who go ahead to vandalize gas pipelines.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by VictorRomanov: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
dulux07:

As at then there was not ministers, no project initiated to build power plants to improve power generation. Power output just increased. We didn't ask how, but all rejoiced and attributed it to body language. We just expect miracles without instituting processes and procedures to achieve our goal. Now we blame it on vandals. These vandals were sleeping during the last administration, right?

When in 2012, Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy because of the massive corruption involved, many Nigerians, both ignorant and sincere, those rented and those doing it by choice, carried placards in demonstrations and protest. Cos GEJ is not strong willed, he gave in. Now, the same people who instigated the protest against removal or fuel subsidy are now trying to stop the subsidy and they expect everyone to cooperate, right?

I am not in support of GEJ. He was weak and permissive. But I hate hypocrisy! The way it is, it seems Jonathan understood the Nigerian system better than Buhari, when he said u fight corruption by keeping the yam where the goat can't reach, not by chasing the goat away from yam.

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Zieristclair(m): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
naijaboy756:
buhari had no minister for power. So never you attribute the improved power to the dullard. Till now sef, does he have Ministers? I ask cos my dear country is sinking as steered by Buhari the confused old certificate-less traveling president
my dear you are not contributing anything to turn around the case nor proffering any solution ,all you do is complain!!! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Visits Defunct SARS Office To Confirm Closure / Yobo, Pamela Peter-Vigboro At Ogoni Cleanup Event In Rivers State / Presidency Offers To Give Atiku Phone Number Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.