Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) (46974 Views)

No Fuel Scarcity, Stakeholders Just Hoarding Products - APC Says / "No Food, No Roads, No Light, No Water, No Probs" (Photo) / So Sad, Paid N450/L For Fuel 2day; PMB Abeg Just Resign, This Suffering Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by christinie(f): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Were you contributing reasonably before May 29th 2015?

dulux07:

This one of them. They rather get angry than to contribute reasonably. SMH undecided

2 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by xpirence: 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
pls show us the remaining part of your room
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
christinie:
Were there 'vandalisers' in the last dispensation?

They were there...and they were a problem too!(Back then some PDP followers blamed the ''opposition'''and the ''North'')

Which is why GEJ was trying to get OPC, and the Millitants to help with security for the pipelines. Not a very good idea...but the thinking behind it was not flawed.

And power back then improved....in some places. In some others...power remained bad. Thing is...5000MW is not enough. We need 20000MW.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by esan1(m): 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nigerian no how to adjust, nigeria also know how to bear, even if fuel scarcity last for years polictician will not lack because they all have surface tanks, for those that do not have they will enter any filling station that sell normal and buy with force.
We are all afraid of death.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
i have concluded plans to seek asylum in switzerland and the netherlands. the govt of this jungle called Nigeria is eternally persecuting its own citizen by deliberately refusing to better the life of Nigerians. hence the need for the asylum.

2 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
dulux07:

When apc tookover, electricity improved in most part of the country, the country recorded its highest megawatt generation. Most people can testify to that. Until vandalism started.

LIES! When they took over, the power enjoyed was as a result the high density of rainfall during the rainy season which powered the Dams! Everybody was jumping up and down chanting Sai baba! Now rain don reduce and breeze don blow so we can now see Fashola's nyash!

Fuel issue, most of know its due to some greedy oil dealers who r not happy with buharis policy. Cos it will prevent them from making money illegally.

Another LIE! When buhari came into power, he promised marketers he was going to pay them subsidy but he failed to! Can you please tell me which policy you are talking about here

2 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by timic(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
[quote author=Godswillnwaoma post=44261390]Since Nigeria independent in 1960 Nigeria government can't still boast of 24hrs electricity. Its just a shame.

May God forgive those who drag this great country's name to the floor,cuz nigeria is a blessing to mother earth but people are the track runners who drag it to its current state,start by asking yourself what u have done to make it great
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
But why can't ordinary Nigerians use their own initiative when it comes to the production of electricity?

I'm not even close to Nigeria yet I am making sure my masters degree/work experience will be centred around environmental waste conversion to energy. I hope to come back to make excellent use of this knowledge. However it will be difficult if there is no collective effort.

Of what use is your brain if you do not use it?

Dear Nigerian Adults, please wake up and start using your brains...

3 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
i have concluded plans to seek asylum in switzerland and the netherlands. the govt of this jungle called Nigeria is eternally persecuting its own citizen by deliberately refusing to better the life of Nigerians. hence the need for the asylum.

Please how are you going about it? Furnish me with details by PM! I tried to check if they offer visa lottery like the US but didn't get any results. Switzerland, Norway, Denmark or Finland on my mind undecided
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by rita25(f): 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
shebi una want change ? una must see change
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by christinie(f): 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
Did you blame the then Government for non provision of 24/7 electricity then?

Quakertellicus1:

They were there...and they were a problem too!(Back then some PDP followers blamed the ''opposition'''and the ''North'')

Which is why GEJ was trying to get OPC, and the Millitants to help with security for the pipelines. Not a very good idea...but the thinking behind it was not flawed.

And power back then improved....in some places. In some others...power remained bad. Thing is...5000MW is not enough. We need 20000MW.

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by brightology3: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
Shut up mr man
dulux07:

This one of them. They rather get angry than to contribute reasonably. SMH undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
naijaboy756:
shut up pls... No let me pour my anger on you! Which useless government?
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by banme1(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
According to suffering and smiling zombies their homes and offices are always powered up 24/7 .
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
christinie:
Did you blame the then Government for non provision of 24/7 electricity then?

My major problem with the GEJ government back then was that they did not tell us that it was going to take a long time to fix power in Nigeria.

And that is my issue with the APC govt too.

As for me...based on my studying the power situation for the last ten years.....I think that it is going to take a while before we see 24/7 electricity in Nigeria. We have to fix the transmission system for a start.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by legendsilver(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Since Nigeria independent in 1960 Nigeria government can't still boast of 24hrs electricity. Its just a shame.

Take a look at the second pics below to see how people plug in their rechargeable lamb and their phones whenever I put on my generator.

My fellow Nigerians are we going to continue living like a this in this country.
Many things have gone wrong in this country and we need to put an end to it.
Akpabio has answered your questions
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by happney65: 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
omolola15:

happney65 check that picture. Na your room be that?

Lol..Na your living room be that.. grin
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by amarachi06(f): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
dulux07:
The govt is aware already. No need to broadcast.
Funny enough, while this govt is trying hard to achieve something close to this, it is still some useless nigerians who go ahead to vandalize gas pipelines.

Was it aired that vandalization took place? or they want to siphon money through this? Please we should wise up cos every administration uses Nepa issue to steal from us.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
You should be charging those guys money for using your light, haba, are u father xmas?. angry
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by sonflex: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
THE SUFFERING IS REALLY GETING WORST BUT ALL WE PRAY FOR IS DAT GOD SHOULD CONTINUE TO HELP US
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Eberex(m): 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2016

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by jennifer22(f): 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
God oooo oooo, haba just fucking hate this country .

2 Likes

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by breakeven: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
iamodenigbo1:
maybe bubu should takeover the ministry of power too
Ahhh! We will be in total darkness if that happens. Have you seen the petroleum ministry he took over, its worst than before he took over.

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by oloriooko(m): 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
dulux07:

When apc tookover, electricity improved in most part of the country, the country recorded its highest megawatt generation. Most people can testify to that. Until vandalism started.

Fuel issue, most of know its due to some greedy oil dealers who r not happy with buharis policy. Cos it will prevent them from making money illegally.

This adminstration needs support and time. After 4yrs we will judge them. N i believe they wont want to loose.

The issue of apc govt can be related to d phrase" easier said than done"
They are power mongers
Not in anyway diff 4m PDP
All they want is power they never had a blueprint to make any change except you are so blind not to see this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Only a military government WITH GOOD INTENTIONS can turn our fortune around. Democracy has been the bane of our development.

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by breakeven: 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
sonflex:
THE SUFFERING IS REALLY GETING WORST BUT ALL WE PRAY FOR IS DAT GOD SHOULD CONTINUE TO HELP US
Are you not aware God is already tired of Nigeria problems?
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Hitzfrom9ja: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
Perhaps...after May 29, 2019

#JustSaying
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by christinie(f): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
If you did not defend GEJ for providing Nigerians with about 5k MW of electricity, I don't see why you should start defending Buhari now that the MW have dropped to 2k. Thanks.

Quakertellicus1:

My major problem with the GEJ government back then was that they did not tell us that it was going to take a long time to fix power in Nigeria.

And that is my issue with the APC govt too.

As for me...based on my studying the power situation for the last ten years.....I think that it is going to take a while before we see 24/7 electricity in Nigeria. We have to fix the transmission system for a start.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by trendytrendz: 2:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Actually, that is not correct.

The current blackouts began in 1978...the same year the old Electricity Corp of Nigeria became the National Elelctric Power Authority.

The problem was, in my opinion, aggravated by

1.Lots of people getting connected to the National Grid , espeically from the 1980's onward without an increase in generation.

2.Many Organisations and people not paying their bills.

3.The messed up transmission system.

It is a shame, yes....but fixing it up is going to take a very long time. In fact my annoyance with the GEJ and PMB admins is that they are not honest enough to tell us that it would take a long time.

Modified....And now we are in Front Page....

On a more serious note....if you expect 24 hours power supply in the enxt few years, you might have to wait a little while longer.

The transmission and generation system needs fixing. And we need to generate far more than what we have because 5000MW is not enough for Nigeria...whichever way you look at it.

I would like the government and the DISCOS to be honest with us and tell us that it is going to take long...and what needs to be done. Not promises,promises.!

simple solution to the power problem is power decentralization. It makes no sense to be transmitting electricity over long distances! Cause you lose a lot of electricity when you do and the issue of vandalization because of so much km of pipeline to transport gas needed for power generation. But they won't decentralize because some backward regions in this country are pulling us back and won't have anybody to generate and distribute electricity to them once they implement use as you generate policy. 2nd solution is still linked to decentralization and that is renewable energy, I watched a video on YouTube of how Australia setup a wind turbine farm producing 350mw from 152 wind turbines in 9months! It's just so simple, produce and distribute to the nearest location, Lagos is currently getting around 300mw and below from national grid but if they push for power decentralization, a state like Lagos can establish such a scheme and before u know it, every state will be producing their own power without sending all the way to national grid and spending money on transmission and still losing electricity along the way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by Heavance(m): 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
Really don't understand us anymore.
we no get light now, some will be blaming d past admin, who is the present one in charge? is it a crime to speak up even if he happens to be my father? why are Nigerians becoming gullible?
everyday u keep seeing that yeye past presidio name and the new mugu still no dey do anything.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by nbright: 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Actually, that is not correct.

The current blackouts began in 1978...the same year the old Electricity Corp of Nigeria became the National Elelctric Power Authority.

The problem was, in my opinion, aggravated by

1.Lots of people getting connected to the National Grid , espeically from the 1980's onward without an increase in generation.

2.Many Organisations and people not paying their bills.

3.The messed up transmission system.

It is a shame, yes....but fixing it up is going to take a very long time. In fact my annoyance with the GEJ and PMB admins is that they are not honest enough to tell us that it would take a long time.

Modified....And now we are in Front Page....

On a more serious note....if you expect 24 hours power supply in the enxt few years, you might have to wait a little while longer.

The transmission and generation system needs fixing. And we need to generate far more than what we have because 5000MW is not enough for Nigeria ...whichever way you look at it.

I would like the government and the DISCOS to be honest with us and tell us that it is going to take long...and what needs to be done. Not promises,promises.!

5000MW? Are you for real? Was it not last week that it dropped to 1200MW?
Re: No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) by coaco(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
Our politicians are criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our rulers dat parade demselves as leaders are thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are not there 2 serve dats why there is killings & all manners of atrocities whenever election comes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yobo, Pamela Peter-Vigboro At Ogoni Cleanup Event In Rivers State / Presidency Offers To Give Atiku Phone Number Of Buhari / Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.