Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,816 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... (1125 Views)

At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? / My Widowed Mum Is Trying To Marry *opinions / At What Point Should A Man Beat A Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by ibullem(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ever been in a position where you are trying to help a boyfriend or girlfriend out of a relationship

I don't know how silly that sounds, that's what happening to a friend hahaha grin me right now.

Background
I'm the bad guy, left her broken when I walked out of the relationship when I went to school , and a few other times in between.

We hooked up recently after my birthday while she was on hols, I'm done with school now and working, she's still very much into me, likewise myself, I saw common sense leaving me while with her Lol grin . Now I can see that I royally screwed up.

We sort of got back together, and right now I know for sure that I love her. She calls me on a regular, and she's all over me and I'm all over her blahblahblah...

You know how the devil hates "happily ever after's"... Well, She's got a boyfriend and she told me, she's ready to leave the relationship I'm determined to help out in my own way(no confrontations Lol cheesy that would be BS).

Problem is I'm feeling like the side dude, cos I know all about him while he knows nada about me. Dude is younger but I don't underestimate my competition.

They've got good chemistry based on social media, and did I say her social media handles is the feminine version of his name, and that's quite disturbing for me. She been great and reassuring and I've been doing my best to build her confidence in me.

But my concern is at what point, would I be crossing that 'line' and becoming a side dude, or just plainly seem weak as I seem to have a boo whose got her own boo.

Opinions, if you've ever been in this neighborhood I'd appreciate your views.

Romancelander... here am I, finish me.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
I have no idea abt this... cool I have no time for any kind of relationship...

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by obiorathesubtle: 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
*sigh*..

Why can't y'all just hit again and run away like a normal guy should?? if she come back for more.. You hit as many times..

Don't stop,

don't cultivate feelings..

Those are the rules!!! I'm sick!! Soooo sick and tired of hearing.. "We used to.. Now we're back again... Bla bla bla.. Tell me what to do... Bla bla bla..."

Focus!! Think!! You should be on another level.. Only foolishness will drag you to your past..

The devil hates happy endings for a good reason.. The point where you cross the line is the point when you even think for a second you can work ish out and go back to the way it was.. That's the devil's cue!!

Now.. For the 10000th time.. Hit and run!
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Cholls(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
my brother sorry am busy now.
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
*sigh*..

Why can't y'all just hit again and run away like a normal guy should?? if she come back for more.. You hit as many times..

Don't stop,

Those are the rules!!! I'm sick!! Soooo sick and tired of hearing.. "We used to.. Now we're back again... Bla bla bla.. Tell me what to do... Bla bla bla..."

Focus!! Think!! You should be on another level.. Only foolishness will drag you to your past..

The devil hates happy endings for a good reason.. The point where you cross the line is the point when you even think for a second you can work ish out and go back to the way it was.. That's the devil's cue!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
@OP one thing i understand clearly from ur post is that, what she have for you, is nothing but pure LOVE. You left her heartbroken, yet the love she had for you never diminishes. @op you are not and can never be a side guy, its up to you to decide if really u want her to leave her current boyfriend thereby breaking his heart or you just forget her and let her go. BUT my advice will be for you to let her go, forget about her becaus you cant have her at the expense of another guy's happiness. talk to her and make her understand and she will ever respect u for the decision u took. Just let her go, wish her happiness with her current boyfriend and go find love somewhere else.

3 Likes

Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by kossyablaze(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Cutehector(m): 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Here I am, finish me grin cheesy lwkmd!
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by MARX77(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Saint samurai said it all.period.der's no beta advice than that.
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by obiorathesubtle: 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2016

Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by ibullem(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
KashyBaby:

Fair enough smiley
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by ibullem(m): 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
Cutehector:
Here I am, finish me grin cheesy lwkmd!

grin grin
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Speeechless3(f): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
smh
obiorathesubtle:
*sigh*..

Don't stop,

Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Aviero: 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
Just know this one thing. Just this one thing: You'll never be the only one hitting that thing.
.except you two are ready to live a completely stainless relationship. And that is impossible.

So just as Obiora said, hit and run. I repeat, bro. HIT and RUN.
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by zanebaddo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Feelings are here once again. As a bad guy you know you can have as many women as you want without feelings involved, and you wouldn't care if they are dating other men.

Since you know senses have been leaving you bit by bit, Fix it, kill the feelings and watch everything normalize, you wouldn't care what her relationship with the guy is and in turn that will draw her closer.

Emotional intelligence!! Read on it, study it, that's the key to any sort of relationship.
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Marinza(m): 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
I have met girls like this. Tell her to leave the bf and see what happens. In scenerios like this, you never win, you are just a time pass, a thrill of the moment, a good lay. Your stuff is working cos of the dynamics involved, she has two hitting it using different methods. That guy is her bf for a reason. Don't forget it.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by zanebaddo(m): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
*sigh*..

Don't stop,

don't cultivate feelings.. I see you bro! grin

Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Mannylex(m): 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
ibullem:

grin grin

Cc: Mannylex

Boss, I hail thee.

To the issue at ground, this particular babe in question , from facts on ground, you dated her till around 2008-2009, broke her heart .... So 7 years after, "you know for sure you love her" baba, I say you lie! Or your not sure. But me feels you just saw the young chic, she has added some flesh here and there and you want to chop or feel like chopping (from a guys perspective I know that feeling) we all have that urge to "taste " our rejuvenated ex, as an ex you broke up with always look attractive at some point.

For the babe saying she loves you, I think she's confused and still immature. She uses the guys name as social media display name, talks about the guy, yet she "loves" you, and could "leave him for you" . If she wanna leave him, she will, she won't even have to tell you.
I think she's infatuated, your older, working class and all.

Brotherly don't break that girl's heart twice, ignore that feeling as I doubt any success in that relationship as it's obviously filled with infatuation .

or hit once and run... angry grin
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by Bluezy13(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hit and run everywhere...

Funny people... but sha...guy...Hit and Run
Re: At What Point Would I Be Crossing The Line? Opinions Please... by MoneypassGod(m): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
KashyBaby:
Kash dats funny, considering u spend 98% of ur time on romance section whenever u r on nl.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Good To Have Sex On Sunday? / Whats The Cause Of Head Shaking While Talking, Is It Part Of Stammering Or...... / Proven Tips On How To Attract Women Like A Magnet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.