Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours (37354 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Nigeria In Total Darkness; Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Several Hours / Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Several Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by bayinq25(m): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
ticker:
buhari should resign honourably
Did you tell the dullard doctor ebele the same?
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Ezyp(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
iyb:
Thats bullshit now how can power drop to 0mw we have hydroelectric power unless river niger drys up this story's hogwash
surely you don't understand Nigeria runs a grid system...

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by bayinq25(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Una chose a fake WAEC F9 Buhari to be una president.

Expect F9 result in economy and Power cool

We are gradually getting there..

All thanks to everyone who helped in taking Nigeria 30 years backward
Was Nigeria ever progressing?

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by valmunich(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
Little wonder why power was taken at 1pm sharp, just when I was about resuming my masters league sad
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
If i could turn back d hands of time, i 'll un-vote this perambulator of a president!

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Bluffly: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
We need to occupy All capital city in protest against bad leadership in this country
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by elbinmanny(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
cry happy orubebe day

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by ahamonyeka(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
This APC sef.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by iyb(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ezyp:
surely you don't understand Nigeria runs a grid system...
And surely you understand that in a grid system all power generating units are accounted for so where is the power generated by kainji dam undecided smartass
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by joey150(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Very stupid news..lies lies..
But some people welcome bad news with open arms..just because you dont like buhari.. You sell your brain just to mock buhari..nawa oh

What of hydro plants?
If you had light from 1 -3pm pls like this post. Lets see who is lying here
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by azeezengr(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nairaland is no doubt an uncommon source of information and expression both correct and otherwise. I have really benefit from a lot of useful information from different section, amusement from some people submission and amazement at some people's ignorance and arrogance display by some. on the subject matter of 0MW generation, it is practically impossible because all our power plants are not in the same location and do not run by the same means. Then, what could have gone wrong? All the generators in power station are interconnected by Transmission Lines such that sudden drop in a major load or fault from a big power station in the grid may lead to instability and loss of "SYNCHRONISM" in many stations forcing them to operate in "ISLAND" mode. This implies that there may be no export to the grid but nearby 132/33kV stations and some 33/11kV Injection substations as well. This may not be captured by SYSTEM OPERATORS whose coverage is largely on INTERCONNECTED 330kV Transmission lines, thus their record will reflect 0 MW during the period that there is collapse in the interconnected transmission lines. This do happens from time to time and one can verify this information from National Control Centre Osogbo. My explanation is for those who want to learn and not for youths fighting for politicians that drink and wine together across political divides. Thank you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Reference(m): 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hahahaha. Chai. Which one be 0 megawatts.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by deathmen12: 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
I hope d senate will also sumon minister of power jst like they did few days back

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by ransomed: 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kainji, Jebba and Shiroro power plants use hydropower to run and are not affected by gas line vandalism. I am in constant touch with Mainstream Energy solutions and North South power company (GENCOs) and i discovered your Zero generation report to be false, malicious, repognant to natural justice and inciting the public on a negative premise. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
This whole administration is reminiscent of Obasanjo's rule. Its like a whole movie played out again to the Nigerian populace. Steady jet-setting out the country? He did it. Turning Nigerians to mathematicians by steady reporting the power situation? The same. No idea what to do about employment? Old news. Using the EFCC to attack opponents? We all saw it play out for season one and two. I'm still observing but I've already come to the conclusion that Nigerians don't want things to improve, like betting we always elect those we know deep down can't solve our problems so we'd always've something to nag about.

I'm still waiting for IBB or Atiku to come back as our needed saviour in 2019. Its obvious we like making the same mistakes over and over expecting different results.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
pavone11:
Only God can deliver us from this power problem...Only God.
God will not come to fix this mess instead we will collectively fix it ourselves in one way or another.God didn't come down to fix South Africa problem back then

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by just2endowed: 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
YouthsPC0:
They Said Power generation was not rocket science

They said GEJ was a failure

They said we needed change to fix the nation

We foolishly agreed and voted change

Now that the scales is off our eyes we can see the true meaning of cluelessness

Unfortunately we are paying a huge price for it

But the most painful aspect is that the Nepa Bill certificate holder does not care how we feel he is off to the united states and will soon visit us again

I plege to Nigeria my country....

grin

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Mike008(m): 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
I'd rather stay in darkness and queue up for fuel,

Than suffer Boko Haram attacks and the consequences of public office looting and embezzlement.

These too were the changes we voted for, we shouldn't forget that.

Buhari's first few months in office witnessed a remarkable improvement in power.

That alone should tell us the problem of power is only a matter of time.
And as for fuel, so long as our oil wells are not dried, there's still hope at the end of the tunnel.

Lets continue to hope and pray for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by ikombe: 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
xav1:

youu are lying because we have light here in eket around 2:10pm, they took it around after twelve and brought it at 2:10pm, so confirm your fact.
all dis buhari zombies no go just gree grin

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
akinsuraj:
tell them o some of them are praying day and night for this government to fail,but as far as God lives they will forever be disappointed
Did you say this during previous administration?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by GogetterMD(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
xav1:

youu are lying because we have light here in eket around 2:10pm, they took it around after twelve and brought it at 2:10pm, so confirm your fact.
Abi o. I don't know what they are talking about cause I had electricity during that period. Maybe IE don dey buy electricity from Cotonou sha
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by sunshine1974(m): 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
xav1:

don't be a dicck head oga, the story is very through.....i work in an industrial zone where we get 24hrs of power daily irrespective of how low the total megawatts generated.....but at exactly the time stated in this report there was power outtage and all essential processes was put on hold till about the tym stated.....stop arguing unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by ikombe: 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
azeezengr:
Nairaland is no doubt an uncommon source of information and expression both correct and otherwise. I have really benefit from a lot of useful information from different section, amusement from some people submission and amazement at some people's ignorance and arrogance display by some. on the subject matter of 0MW generation, it is practically impossible because all our power plants are not in the same location and do not run by the same means. Then, what could have gone wrong? All the generators in power station are interconnected by Transmission Lines such that sudden drop in a major load or fault from a big power station in the grid may lead to instability and loss of "SYNCHRONISM" in many stations forcing them to operate in "ISLAND" mode. This implies that there may be no export to the grid but nearby 132/33kV stations and some 33/11kV Injection substations as well. This may not be captured by SYSTEM OPERATORS whose coverage is largely on INTERCONNECTED 330kV Transmission lines, thus their record will reflect 0 MW during the period that there is collapse in the interconnected transmission lines. This do happens from time to time and one can verify this information from National Control Centre Osogbo. My explanation is for those who want to learn and not for youths fighting for politicians that drink and wine together across political divides. Thank you

i smell bull sh¡t

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by BlackHummer(m): 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
Are they still selling wailers form? I wan port...lol. On a serious note, let's cut our president some slack abeg. He's just been on seat for barely a year having come on board at a point where the heat in polity is high. Its ok to express displeasure but in my opinion, its still too early to conclude on his governance.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by fujirice: 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
iyb:
Thats bullshit now how can power drop to 0mw we have hydroelectric power unless river niger drys up this story's hogwash
Wake up to reality brother
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by favouryemmy: 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fashola! Fashola!! Fashola!!! How many times did I call you. You see yourself? Instead of focusing on solving the power problem in Nigeria, you were busy increasing tariff with promise of power improvement. If you cannot carry the 3 ministries PMB gave you, you better ask him to reduce your load.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Buhari why?
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
Buhari's body language is encouraging crime.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by appini: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Did you say this during previous administration?

You dey mind that donkey.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
BlackHummer:
Are they still selling wailers form? I wan port...lol. On a serious note, let's cut our president some slack abeg. He's just been on seat for barely a year having come on board at a point where the heat in polity is high. Its ok to express displeasure but in my opinion, its still too early to conclude on his governance.

Even when he has less than 6months prior to 2019 elections, you'll still use this same line of defense. KWANTINU!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tony Momoh: APC Has Five National Leaders, Not Just One / Naira Redesigning: 10 Changes Made To Nigeria’s Currency Since Independence / Biafra Protesters Arrested In Buckingham Palace, London (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.